Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto - Page 21 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 03-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #301
Kreglze
Genin

Kreglze is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

I've liked Hinata since the Chunin exams, so I'm not a long time member of the bandwagon, but in her case I like her overall character, rather than focus on her strength but I'm not arguing that again...

Back on topic, Underated, Rock Lee, This guy was a beast in the chunin exams with gates unlocked moved at incredible speeds and had ridiculous strength, though moving that into the backround and he hasn't had manga fight in ages, would be interesting to see how he would go pushed to the limits...

Overated, I'm going to say Tenten for lulz, even though people think shes worthless I think that is still rating her too highly...

Old 03-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #302
Ichiduo
Chuunin

Ichiduo is on a distinguished roadIchiduo is on a distinguished road

overrated = ten ten

underrated = sasuke

Ichiduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #303
IgnisV
What is Genin?

IgnisV will become famous soon enoughIgnisV will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
Your underestimating people's opinions on Hinata. We arent saying zomg Hinata is so badass now she tried to fight Pain. Oh wow she is now without a doubt the strongest badass female on Naruto. Now if that were the case then yeah i would say overrated. What you dont seem to understand is the thing with Hinata and why people are talking about her is because for the longest damn time she has been this extremely shy girl and it was aggravating. I have said many times that i like Hinata but i wish she would come out of her shell and finally tell Naruto how she feels and after allllllllllllll this time she finally did. With how shy Hinata has always been this was a huge huge breakthrough for her character and she did what many wanted her to do which was stand her ground for a change and make some kind of breakthrough. So what people are happy she finally did and that doesnt make her overrated just because she had a character breakthrough. Also you sit here and want to talk about NaruHina fans and then want to post a link telling us we cant say anything about them in this thread when you did. Ha yeah right to bad i am. You want to talk about Naruhina fans when narusaku fans are just as bad. Not one time did you say anything about them. Just attacked naruhina fans. Biased much.
Like OH EM GEE! Here I am thinking I can voice my opinion on who is overrated and underrated cause its my opinion and like, you know totally get my voice out thereee... But like the mighty Mystik disagrees so she like wants to push her view of Hinata on me and like... its sooo weird. . . cause like... I totally don't give a damn about a minor character. But I'll give you this, shy as she may have been this recent move of her's was pretty ballsie. But other than that it doesn't make her a major character. To say the least, what she has had at most is a reoccurring role in the series.

However I do apologize to you NaruHina fans, but the bandwagon for Hinata is just too much. I'm sure you have your reasons, but it's the bandwagon-ing that is upsetting. And if you are wondering if you are a bandwagon-er well, if it took you til just recently to decide whether or not you like Hinata, chances are you hopped onto the wagon. And leeching off the ideas of others for why she is so great doesn't count you as a fan either. ;D

Oh and btw Mystik; you are right. I haven't criticized the Naru/Saku fans. Maybe I should, when I find an argument to go off of. Not the recent "She is violent," or the "It was never a date" argument.
IgnisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #304
Kreglze
Genin

Kreglze is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a Hinata fan and agree with fellow above me... I liked being in the handful that frothed over Hinata cells since the beginning, haha maybe its like popular music when a band gets popular it seems that you like them less and less... Except I don't see myself disliking Hinata in this instance...

Last edited by Kreglze; 03-26-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Kreglze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #305
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,017 Times in 587 Posts
TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough

Some people have been saying how Sasuke is underrated... HOW?? He took on Yamato-led Team Kakashi and made them eat his gym socks! His Sword of Yusangi-Chirdori pretty much took out Yamato, an ANBU member with the First Hokage's DNA. (Granted, Naruto was exhausted after the battle with Orochimaru, but still!).
Old 03-30-2009, 07:00 AM   #306
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough

I am re-watching old Naruto episodes and I gotta say, Rock Lee is one of the most entertaining characters in terms of fight scenes and otherwise so I want to see him more myself. Neji and Tenten are alright I guess, but Rock Lee seems to underrated, he is awesome.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:20 AM   #307
Clixx
Twilight Guardian

Clixx will become famous soon enoughClixx will become famous soon enough

Lee is amazing when he's drunk...

I'd have to say he is extreamly under-rated and needs more face time. I'd love to get a Naruto and Lee vs some epic boss in the manga...

Other then that I say SASUKE is over rated... SERIOUSLY HOW HE BEAT DEIDARA IS CRAP!

Alien emerges from Naruto...

My RPG site~
Clixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:44 AM   #308
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Um... Sasuke has been overrated since the manga began but he is essentially a marker that Naruto will surpass by series' end. I am just hoping for a little Uchiha beatdown by Naruto by 460...Oh would I love Kishimoto!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #309
dragonnik
Genin

dragonnik is an unknown quantity at this point

Underated: Deidra....
Overrated: Sasuke

Every true genius is bound to be naive...
dragonnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:02 PM   #310
freedom07
SASUKE'S TRUE #1 FAN!!

freedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura about

kakashi is toooo overated everyones seems to like him i think he is awful

kakashi is clever but he has low chakra everytimehe uses sharingan hes down straightaway...his mks technique also took far too long ...its not even like the other mks technique where u get caught instantly....copy ninja kakshi who supposedly knows thousands of jutsus ive only seen like a few...the fire one ..the underground earth own and the water dragon one

sasuke isnt really overrated by kishi ...sasuke just overrates himself

no it wasnt sasuke saw through all of deidaras techniques with sharingan and smarterly avoided them all....his plan worked and it pissed deidara off....btw sasuke wasnt even serious...he didnt even use any of the stuff he coulda...he saved it for itachi...nice bit of kirin woulda finished deidara

Last edited by freedom07; 03-30-2009 at 06:05 PM.
freedom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #311
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Sasuke is below Naruto now and I couldn't be happier. Naruto spent 3/4 of the manga trying to be half as competent as Sasuke, now he can be manhandled by Naruto -- Good times!!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:52 PM   #312
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSixthHokage View Post
Sasuke is below Naruto now and I couldn't be happier. Naruto spent 3/4 of the manga trying to be half as competent as Sasuke, now he can be manhandled by Naruto -- Good times!!
Its true naruto has supassed sasuke. Well, in brute strength that is. However, just as the pumped up future trunks learned, strength means nothing if you cant catch your opponent. And then cell beat trunks down! So, no matter how strong naruto has become, sasukes speed coupled with his SG makes narutos strength rather useless as long as he doesnt sit still.

BOT: I also think Lee is underrated.

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:50 PM   #313
Krohnie84
Jounin

Krohnie84 will become famous soon enoughKrohnie84 will become famous soon enoughKrohnie84 will become famous soon enough

I don't know why I keep going through this thread, because every time I go to read something I think might be interesting all I end up is finding posts from people whom repeat their ideas over and over again thinking that they will get more people to think the way they do.

Why can't some people just admite that Naruto is much too childish and Sasuke is stuck up.

Overrated: Sasuke, Naruto and Kakashi

underrated: Ten ten, Hinata, Lee

Sasuke thinks too high of himself, just like every other member of his former clan. He also seems to think that he can only gain power by himself and not with the people who care fo himself.
Naruto really does need to grow up; the idea that saving a "Friend" who turned his back on the him and went to the man who tried to distroy his home; is just stupid. He should have let Sia try and kill Sasuke(like he would have gotten it done, Sasuke would have slaughtered Sai).
Kakashi, oh crap; is meant to be very strong and very smart. Ok, some of his abilities are strong, and he seems to have a good idea about team work. Yet, I always get the feeling of him coming short. I think the last battle with Kazaku (For giv spel?) was a good example of his power, and the last battle with Pain showed his limits(mind and body).

I don't have anything to say about the underrated people, I just thought that they are a little underrated and we should see more from them. Maybe not so much Ten Ten though.....

Don't get me wrong, if the magna was writen any other way than I most likly wouldn't be reading it. I really like the charatars, and the story(for the most part) I just wanted to get out my real thoughts and not side on one single area....

"Never go back on your word... and never give up, no matter how bad it gets. That's your Ninja way."
Jiraiya Ero-Sennin.

Last edited by Krohnie84; 03-30-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Krohnie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:41 AM   #314
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Most underrated = Hinata (her fainting is hilarious); Lee and Gai(awesome taijutsu + comedy relief!) as well as Sai (his "nicknames" are awesome and his ink ninjutsu is cool);
Old 04-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #315
sasuke ftw
Mrs. Uchiha Sasuke

sasuke ftw will become famous soon enoughsasuke ftw will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Krohnie84
I don't know why I keep going through this thread, because every time I go to read something I think might be interesting all I end up is finding posts from people whom repeat their ideas over and over again thinking that they will get more people to think the way they do.

Why can't some people just admite that Naruto is much too childish and Sasuke is stuck up
Sooo true!
However I think we have already started to see a mature Naruto (or more mature than usual) and I do believe we will see a sasuke who realises the importance of friendship (which i believe he has started to do if you look back at the 8-tails fight)

Quote:
Kakashi, oh crap; is meant to be very strong and very smart. Ok, some of his abilities are strong, and he seems to have a good idea about team work. Yet, I always get the feeling of him coming short. I think the last battle with Kazaku (For giv spel?) was a good example of his power, and the last battle with Pain showed his limits(mind and body).
I think Kishi does this on purpose.. kakashi is portrayed as a Jounin with amazing ability, and i believe he once was, and he was a brilliant trainer to team 7.. however like you say, Kakashi is being shown in a different way now.. I think this is done on purpose..Kakashi was the teacher/father figure.. team 7 dont need this anymore and therefore will surpass him and will meet villains more powerful than him eg. Pain.

Quote:
Overrated: Sasuke, Naruto and Kakashi

underrated: Ten ten, Hinata, Lee
Yea i'd have to agree there apart from sasuke being overrated.

I can't wait until kishi gets to the good stuff and brings sasuke back..he is the grey character of the series.. no-one knows for sure what he will do. I love it
Dragonball > Naruto

Last edited by sasuke ftw; 04-17-2009 at 08:10 AM.
sasuke ftw is offline   Reply With Quote