The Longest Thread Ever v28 - Page 820 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:05 PM   #12286
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

What kind of setting would a fantasy story be?
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2010, 12:00 AM   #12287
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerNN View Post
It was the same in NJ where I grew up. If you wanted to wear a costume, they put handwarmer pocket things, and padded it up so you could be warm in the cold. I love the North, I am not enjoying hot/humid AS FUCK Florida.
I see NJ mean monthly temperatures for October around 45-50F, which is 12-15C, which is T-shirt weather. You Americans are just cold weather pussies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
Before I can start with mine I need to install Office. Damn this trial version.
Fuck Office, unless you mean OpenOffice.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (10-19-2010), Miburo (10-19-2010), Vanity (10-19-2010)
Old 10-19-2010, 12:04 AM   #12288
Vanity
Succumb

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice

Depends on what area of the US you live in. Just doesn't get cold enough often enough to get used to it in some places.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
Miburo (10-19-2010)
Old 10-19-2010, 12:08 AM   #12289
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

I am well aware of that. I can't handle heat at all. Anything over 30C (86F) and I don't like going outside.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (10-19-2010), Miburo (10-19-2010)
Old 10-19-2010, 12:13 AM   #12290
Vanity
Succumb

Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice

Yeah. We had a lot of people that moved here from colder places ['cause the cost of living was super cheap in my area] and we almost never saw them in the summer.

I think we peaked at ~44ish this summer. It sucked.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What thinking?
What?

Think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
Miburo (10-19-2010)
Old 10-19-2010, 12:17 AM   #12291
Mal
Scotch

That's ridiculous. Even in Manitoba we were still getting temperatures around that up until last week, and somewhat into this week, assuming you're using the Fahrenheit I expect you to use and not trying to be nice and use Celsius for me.

If you're using Celsius, then FUCK. I'd hate that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (10-19-2010)
Old 10-19-2010, 12:19 AM   #12292
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Hot all year here baby. It sucks.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Miburo (10-19-2010)
Old 10-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #12293
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

I kinda wish I lived in Canada, since I hate hot weather. Mostly because there are a fuckload of bugs that like it. And bugs piss me off.

And I wouldn't mind having healthcare either.

Not sure if they have wrestling in canada though. If not, I'm sure they've got judo and shit, which is an acceptable substitute. Might look into seeing how difficult it would be to get canadian citizenship.

Edit: Almost positive Van is using celsius there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Vanity (10-19-2010)
Old 10-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #12294
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,721 Times in 3,843 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

I can't stand the heat. I get massive migraines. I love the cold, but my hands can't handle it anymore. The scars will tighten and I tend to have a lot of pain on cold mornings.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (10-19-2010)
Old 10-19-2010, 12:24 AM   #12295
Vanity
Succumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
That's ridiculous. Even in Manitoba we were still getting temperatures around that up until last week, and somewhat into this week, assuming you're using the Fahrenheit I expect you to use and not trying to be nice and use Celsius for me.

If you're using Celsius, then FUCK. I'd hate that.
Yeah I was using Celsius. Habit since a lot of the people I know don't use our shitty system.

It was terrible. It got cool and rained for like, 2 weeks, tops, then went back to being hot as shit. Thankfully yesterday clouds rolled in and it started raining again. =/
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What thinking?
What?

Think.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
ACt (10-19-2010), Miburo (10-19-2010)
Old 10-19-2010, 12:33 AM   #12296
Mal
Scotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I kinda wish I lived in Canada, since I hate hot weather. Mostly because there are a fuckload of bugs that like it. And bugs piss me off.

And I wouldn't mind having healthcare either.

Not sure if they have wrestling in canada though. If not, I'm sure they've got judo and shit, which is an acceptable substitute. Might look into seeing how difficult it would be to get canadian citizenship.
We've got a fuckload of bugs as well, and Manitoba temperatures can still get up around 30-40C in the summer. There is certainly wrestling and Judo here, and health care is great.

As far as citizenship goes, as long as you can get a work visa and live here for a few years you'll become a "permanent resident" and get most citizenship perks. You can get citizenship if you want, but it's not really necessary to live here as far as I understand things. Alternatively, you could hop on a boat with a bunch of 3rd world refugees and bypass the entire system by exploiting an idiotic loophole in our refugee laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
Yeah I was using Celsius. Habit since a lot of the people I know don't use our shitty system.

It was terrible. It got cool and rained for like, 2 weeks, tops, then went back to being hot as shit. Thankfully yesterday clouds rolled in and it started raining again. =/
The beginning of our summer of shit. Cold, rainy and cloudy almost constantly. Record rainfall, sewage backup into my basement. Farmers fields flooded, crops were lost. It didn't start to get hot until around August, then it got outrageously hot for a while and then went back to cooler, and then stayed about the same when it should have been cooling way down.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (10-19-2010)
Old 10-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #12297
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,404 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
Fuck Southern California weather. Seriously, the heat was absolutely ludicrous this summer and most of the fall so far.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:09 AM   #12298
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Quote:
We've got a fuckload of bugs as well, and Manitoba temperatures can still get up around 30-40C in the summer. There is certainly wrestling and Judo here, and health care is great.

As far as citizenship goes, as long as you can get a work visa and live here for a few years you'll become a "permanent resident" and get most citizenship perks. You can get citizenship if you want, but it's not really necessary to live here as far as I understand things. Alternatively, you could hop on a boat with a bunch of 3rd world refugees and bypass the entire system by exploiting an idiotic loophole in our refugee laws.
Ah, fuck. Summers are shorter or some shit up there though, yeah? So it's more cold as fuck than hot as shit, I'd guess. And still, fucking manly grappling plus having healthcare would be awesome.

I tried looking at those other territory things that are more north, but I'm not sure if they'd suck or not. That Yukon place looks pretty kick ass, and the northwest territory land doesn't seem so bad. But that Nunavut land looks like all indians and probably doesn't get very good internets and shit up there. I was going to look up what canadian kingdom GSP resides at, but then I figured he probably lives in a frenchy land. So fuck. Also, would need a job, so I'd have to consider that too. Wish I could just join canadian military or some shit, but you'd need citizenship for that. And not sure what their policy would be for one-eyed dudes anyway. Manly America land wasn't cool with it, so they probably wouldn't be either. I'd probably just get a job busting up beaver dams with my dong, or something.

And yeah, getting citizenship doesn't really sound all that bad. Kinda surprised. There has to be some sort of catch to being canadian though. Just seems too good to be true. It seems kinda like slightly better america, if you don't count the french part.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (10-19-2010), Mal (10-19-2010), Nerox (10-19-2010), Tzu Men (10-19-2010)
Old 10-19-2010, 01:12 AM   #12299
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Quote:

Fuck Office, unless you mean OpenOffice.
Or The Office. =D
Old 10-19-2010, 01:25 AM   #12300
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Or Office Space.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Mal (10-19-2010)