The Longest Thread Ever v28 - Page 884 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #13246
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post
Anyone know where I can stream the second season of Fringe?

Thanks.
ch131.com

You're welcome ; )

Last edited by Nerox; 03-24-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #13247
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYV1BPHKso0

What's this? Oh nothing, just the new full Captain America trailer.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (03-24-2011), KillerNN (03-26-2011), manta (03-24-2011), Miburo (03-24-2011), Numinous (03-24-2011), Sensei-Q (03-25-2011), Tabris (03-24-2011)
Old 03-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #13248
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

I'm interested, he looks kinda strange when skinny, reminded me of Love Guru.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #13249
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

The comic-nazis had plasma/laser weapons? Why didn't they win the war? ^^ Everything looks fairly advanced, but well, I didn't read the comics.

I will watch it, and it will definitly be better than "Thor". But like I said before, I am not a big fan of Captain America.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #13250
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

That bully looks like biff

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #13251
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
The comic-nazis had plasma/laser weapons? Why didn't they win the war?
Uh... because Captain America?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (03-24-2011), kael03 (03-24-2011), KillerNN (03-26-2011), Mal (03-24-2011), Marlboro (03-24-2011), Miburo (03-24-2011), Numinous (03-24-2011), Sensei-Q (03-25-2011)
Old 03-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #13252
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Uh... because Captain America?
Of course, how can anyone think that laser weapons can win over a guy in a skin-tight blue suit? Preposterous!

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (03-26-2011), Mal (03-24-2011), Tabris (03-24-2011)
Old 03-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #13253
kluang
One Punch Man

kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
The comic-nazis had plasma/laser weapons? Why didn't they win the war? ^^ Everything looks fairly advanced, but well, I didn't read the comics.

I will watch it, and it will definitly be better than "Thor". But like I said before, I am not a big fan of Captain America.
Well, in Jonah Hex, the villains have steampunk tech, and they still lose.

I probably watch it. Because from here, the only source I get about western superheroes is from tv and movies. But that isnt always correct, because the first time I saw spiderman, he have a megazord.

and because of dc animated, I know a lot more dc char then marvel.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-24-2011)
Old 03-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #13254
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Of course, how can anyone think that laser weapons can win over a guy in a skin-tight blue suit? Preposterous!
Not sure why you're leaving out the supersoldier forumla, which allows him to look good in a skin-tight suit, and his laser proof boomerang shield, which is also a pretty smashing accessory to the whole outfit. Besides, who's to say those laser weapons were any good? We shoot lasers into people's eyes and all that happens is corrective sight, for example.

Also, in all seriousness, during (the real) WWII, my history recalls that the Germans had better technology, too, with better tanks and artillery, let alone better battle strategy. Add to that their progress towards rocketry, jet planes and being very close with their own atomic bomb (tough break, Heisenberg), why not ask the same question of real life? Why did the German's lose WWII?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (03-24-2011), kael03 (03-24-2011), KillerNN (03-26-2011), Mal (03-24-2011), Miburo (03-24-2011), Tzu Men (03-24-2011)
Old 03-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #13255
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Because of some bad decisions made by Hitler and his sickness wearing him down.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #13256
kluang
One Punch Man

German lose the war because they fought on two fronts. They should concentrate on europe and britain and crush them good before turn attention to stalin

Old 03-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #13257
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
Not sure why you're leaving out the supersoldier forumla, which allows him to look good in a skin-tight suit, and his laser proof boomerang shield, which is also a pretty smashing accessory to the whole outfit.
Because then the joke pointing out the poor plot of previous Captain America movies about his origins and costume wouldn't make sense!

Quote:
Also, in all seriousness, during (the real) WWII, my history recalls that the Germans had better technology, too, with better tanks and artillery, let alone better battle strategy. Add to that their progress towards rocketry, jet planes and being very close with their own atomic bomb (tough break, Heisenberg), why not ask the same question of real life? Why did the German's lose WWII?
For the same reasons they lost WWI: deteriorating leadership and location. Hitler had his Waterloo (invading the Soviet Union) and from then on his decisions pretty much failed in every step of the way. Also, even with a considerable force, Germany isn't exactly the best starting point for invasion, because some of the major potencies of Europe (England, Russia) are far enough to build up a response to any attempt of attack/invasion. Also, the US were overkill for Germany, if they were already having problems with great potencies in the same continent, it'd be too much of a risk to tread on a country an ocean away.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #13258
ACt
Heart Wizard

Precisely my point - why assume lasers would have saved the Germans?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-24-2011), KillerNN (03-26-2011), Mal (03-24-2011), Miburo (03-24-2011)
Old 03-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #13259
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

First: That's why I put the "^^" behind the sentence.

Second: I gladly have that discussion with you.

I think there were multiple causes why the Germans didn't win the war. But let's be clear, that the war was a pretty bad idea.
So let's begin with one of the biggest errors in the war. The "Battle of Britain". If Goering wouldn't have been such an incompetent lardass, he would have known, that Great Britain had radar. All in all, he grossly underestimated the British Air Force, or overestimated the German Luftwaffe.

Another problem, which should have been clear from the start, was the lacking oil reserves of Germany. After their short Blitzkrieg against Poland, the German tanks had no fuel left, and if France and Great Britain would have attacked Germany at the time, I am pretty sure, the war would have been much shorter.
This supply problem was even greater as the German forces drove the frontline to Stalingrad in the south. That far outstreched the capacities the German supply lines.

Further, the German troops lacked in decent winter clothing. Where the Russian troops had fur coats and the like, the Germans soldiers still wore their standard army coats. Hitler thought he could win against the Sowjet Union like he did against France and Poland, with a Blitzkrieg. But that was a grave error, and like against Napoleon, the Russians used the "Scorched Earth" tactic, to further slow the German forces down, addiotional to the coming winter.

Due to the failures of capturing Leningrad, the siege lasted for 900 days, and Moscow, the advancement of the German troops was not on the same level. This was a major problem for the Blitzkrieg doctrin in itself. The doctrin focuses on fast units of tanks, to outmanouver and outflank the enemy and finally to crush them in a pincer movement. But with the units so far streched and not on the same level, those doctrins became useless and like in Stalingrad, trench warfare was adapted, in which the Russians, with shorter supply routes and better artillery (see Katyusha multiple rocket launchers etc.) and tanks, soon overpowered the German forces.

Another point were certainly the better trained Sibirian forces, Stalin could mobilise later in the war. They were better trained, experienced and better supplied for the hard Russian winter than the German troops. Also, Stalin orded the "industrial restreat" pretty soon, which means, all the industrial complexes, were transfered into Sibiria. And with time, the Sowjet Union was able to outproduce the Germans in weapons and armor.
Like the T-34. The Germans used mainly the "Panzer 4", and against the T-34. it was practically useless. The gun was too small for the armorment of the T-34. With the new "Panther" and "Tiger" tanks, the Germans had again an efficent weapon against the Russian tanks, but there were far too few of them to stop the wave of Russian tanks.

To continue, I'd say, that the Germans neglected the U-boat warefare too much. It was also foolish, to build more surface warships, as the Battle of Britain was lost, and the Royal Navy would have always been far too powerful. On the other hand, the submarine warfare damaged the supplylines between the USA and the UK very much, and I think it is true, that if the full submarine warfare could have been maintained, the UK supplies in Africa and India would have drained. More founds for sumarine technology etc.

Probably the dumbest idea was for Germany to declare war on the USA. I mean they could build their "Liberty-transports" in 40 days, and it should have been obvious, that the economical power of the US would have cumpled the Germans in some years. (Like China does now :>)

All in all, I think these are the more "war" related things, and I could go into more detail. But there are sociological factors as well.

Edit: Why would laser have saved the Germans? Hm, maybe, because the basic technology to have laser weapons would far outrank the technology level of today. And if you have lasers, one could easily have the technology to build other overpowered things for this time...You get the point.

Edit2: To be clear, I am glad that Hitler and the Nazis lost the war, and I want to say again, that even without England, the Sowjet Union and USA would have won the war.

Last edited by Nerox; 03-24-2011 at 01:31 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-24-2011), Mal (03-24-2011)
Old 03-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #13260
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Kapitan ubermensch!
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (03-26-2011)