Eh. - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Hello & Goodbye

Hello & Goodbye New to the forums? Introduce yourself! or if your leaving us for a while you can let us know.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 AM   #16
LonelyNinja
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Eh.

Makes me sayud panda.
 


Old 01-21-2009, 12:42 AM   #17
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head
 
Shino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 28
Posts: 3,163
Thanks: 9
Thanked 550 Times in 164 Posts
Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Eh.

Would you change your mind if I dealt with the reason your leaving?
__________________




Gamertag: ShinoNC
Shino is offline  
Old 01-21-2009, 04:17 AM   #18
Babyface BK
<3===BK
 
Babyface BK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1988
Location: With My Babeh
Age: 26
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
Re: Eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease View Post
BK - For being English, you seem to fail at grammar.
I don't spell check my posts like you sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino View Post
Would you change your mind if I dealt with the reason your leaving?

Is Kat gonna be back on to at least see any of the replies?
__________________






"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline  
Old 01-21-2009, 05:57 AM   #19
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head
 
Shino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 28
Posts: 3,163
Thanks: 9
Thanked 550 Times in 164 Posts
Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Eh.

That's why I MSNed her just in case.
__________________




Gamertag: ShinoNC
Shino is offline  
Old 01-21-2009, 06:41 AM   #20
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪
 
Tsuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 22
Posts: 4,221
Thanks: 193
Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino
Would you change your mind if I dealt with the reason your leaving?
I just got your MSN message this morning when I logged on, but I wanted to answer this publicly.

I don't think anything will change if the "problem" was dealt with. Even if you did what you suggested, if anything it would make the problem worse. Members would do their FTP rally bullshit as usual. They would make a huge deal out of it because they'd think you're being fascist for doing something that should have been done months ago. Trolling would only get worse. And it's not like any of the members actually ever listen to authority anyway. When was the last time a mod+ got any respect for doing their jobs? I can't even remember.

I've tried for the past who knows how long to keep the rules enforced. FTP bitched and moaned all they liked about me being fascist or uncool and I kept doing my job. And here recently I've tried to eradicate the noob "hazing" that goes on around here, because that shit is what's making this forum so pathetic. New members can't even enjoy this forum because FTP has become a group that trolls anyone who steps into their so-called "territory", since apparently they're too fucking immature to find a different way to entertain themselves.

I didn't spend two years earning this position to spend time babysitting a bunch of children. I can't do anything to improve a forum whose members don't want it. Members don't want more activity. They don't want this place any better than it is right now. They just want FTP, trolling, and noobs to laugh at. And frankly, I'm tired of it. What's the point in getting headaches over shit that won't change? What's the point in getting upset anymore, when tomorrow it'll just be the same exact thing? I'm through with wasting my time here. I have college to worry about. I have graduating to worry about.

And Shino, let's be honest. How long do you expect this forum to last, under these circumstances?

@FG--I need no epic apology.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodkid
What Kat don't go over such a petty thing. It doesn't suit you to not be able to just take something like that. Don't fucking leave, reconsider.
If you tl;dr'd, then read this instead:
This wasn't some petty thing, it's everything over the past year and some built up and spilled over. I've been thinking about leaving NL for a while now. At the very least, since early this past summer. I just finally got fed up with everything.

I'm sorry if you guys will miss me but honestly, there's no reason for me to be here anymore. I stayed here this long because I thought, if I kept doing what I was doing, things might change. They didn't. It's been what... probably two years or so since I was modded? Nothing's changed since then. Things have only gotten worse. So, I'm giving up.

If you still want to talk to me, add me on MSN. You can find me there.
I know some of you have already, so yeah.
Tsuna is offline  
Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 AM   #21
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI
 
Jaxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,393
Thanks: 3,584
Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Eh.

They see me trooooollin'.
Jaxon is offline  
Old 01-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #22
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Eh.

First off, just want to say that it sucks to see you go, Kat. I've stated plenty of times that I have a lot of respect for you and think you're overall rather damn cool. Even though we've disagreed on an issue or two, I've always tried to be civil with you when discussing it because of said respect.

With that said, I too would like it if you'd reconsider your choice. Or, rather, your point of view on the situation.To be honest, I don't know what this "problem" is that you speak of, or what Shino's suggested course of action is. But I can guess. And if I'm right in my assumption, then it's a little disheartening to think you'd be for something like that, honestly. I'd also agree that it wouldn't solve anything, and is overall a rather poor idea.

Trolling, as you call it, isn't that big of a problem as you're making it out to be. The most recent instance of it involved a harmless prank that was nothing more than someone saying "hai guiz, sup?" a couple of times to some people on an animu forum, after all. The last huge 'trolling' situation before that was some people making jokes about a cartoon character. If that's the biggest problem our forum is facing, then I'd say we're actually pretty well off. I'm not trying to downplay your concerns, and I'm not mocking your opinions. I'm just saying that it really isn't a big deal, at all.

We've discussed this in depth in Mod HQ. And it seemed like we were all in agreement that 48's suggested idea on how to handle 'trolling' was a great idea. Let's just implement and enforce that and be done with it, eh?

And yes. I joke around a lot. A lot. But I also do my job as well as any other mod too. I check the reported posts, delete spam, get rid of adbots, catch dupes like a champ, etc. It's entirely possible for one to joke around and get shit done. I've also earned my position by fighting, and succeeding in, changing rules people wanted changed. And I did it at great risk to my own account to do so. I'm certainly not saying that I was the only one to do so, because I'm not. But I did my part to make this place as fair as possible, before I had any obligation as a mod. And I still continue to do that now, even if some may disagree. I disagree with some of your policies as well, but I'd never seek to get you reprimanded for them.

If you're leaving because of school, then okay. I'm sad to see you go, but I wish you the best of luck. If it's because you think most people here are douchebags, then again, completely understandable (I can't count the number of times I was about to say "God dammit, fuck these fags. Poasting guro everywhere."). But if it's because of this stupid 'trolling' stuff, then please reconsider.
 
Old 01-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #23
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda
 
UchihaTaijiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,775
Thanks: 7,371
Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Eh.

Well I hope you still log in every now and then, girl. =/ I'm really going to miss you, and I think I uninstalled MSN again but I can fix that. Hopefully I'll catch you on, on the chance I sign in. >.<

I do understand how you feel. I'd love for you to reconsider, but that's all you. Good luck Kat <3 I watched those videos you shared with me (while writing this post and reading this thread) and found a live one I liked by this other asian chick.
Check it out.
It's pretty slow but I think she sings pretty.

=( Fuckin NL. End the immaturity.
__________________
If the elephants have past lives yet are destined to always remember
It's no wonder how they scream
Like you and I they must have some temper

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night


Last edited by UchihaTaijiya; 01-21-2009 at 10:52 AM.
UchihaTaijiya is offline  
Old 01-21-2009, 11:57 AM   #24
Babyface BK
<3===BK
 
Babyface BK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1988
Location: With My Babeh
Age: 26
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
Re: Eh.

With the SUO I only went in there and said hai guyz after they mentioned my name and said let's take him down. Remember the whole Jiraiya FC thing, why wasn't I banned, it was clearly quoted what they were saying. With the trolling in the spamzone, it's not so much trolling as it was before it's testing someones intellect. Even then we may have slightly been in the wrong, I don't think we were in the wrong to the point you need to step down from modship. I know we were given OH to somewhat avoid these situations but does that mean that we should be hibernating in there just cause we'll see someone talking about us and fend ourselves. I mean someone saying let's cause Bal some problems, what infraction can that be given. We can't even say anything or report it, all we can do is go and start bothering them a little. They can easily respond with the ignore option. Yet if we make a thread or do something openly calling someone out or saying something it can be reported as trolling or whatever. The trolling rule it seems works one way cause we don't get taken seriously. Or rather we don't take petty comments seriously as do the other members here using the report button in an instance saying oh these guys are in my FC. Is that a justified reason to infract someone or ban them for trolling? An FC/Group is usually an open environment like the spamzone, you may not want someone there but does that mean that one person saying they don't want someone there should immediatly cause their dismissal in that section or thread. I know most people would want Anwar out of the spamzone, yet that majority cause it's either FTP/trainjumpers/Kina he doesn't get booted out. I hope you can figure out what I'm saying about the trolling and how you see it. Cause you somewhat know our personality it immediatly is suggesting we are always the trolls and we will never nor can be trolled. Which means the trolling rule is only there for us, were it should have actually been a forumwide rule for each and every member.
__________________






"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline  
Old 01-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #25
balmung5000
cpas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Eh.

long post
CRY MOAAAAAR
balmung5000 is offline  
Old 01-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #26
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪
 
Tsuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 22
Posts: 4,221
Thanks: 193
Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
And yes. I joke around a lot. A lot. But I also do my job as well as any other mod too. I check the reported posts, delete spam, get rid of adbots, catch dupes like a champ, etc. It's entirely possible for one to joke around and get shit done. I've also earned my position by fighting, and succeeding in, changing rules people wanted changed. And I did it at great risk to my own account to do so. I'm certainly not saying that I was the only one to do so, because I'm not. But I did my part to make this place as fair as possible, before I had any obligation as a mod. And I still continue to do that now, even if some may disagree. I disagree with some of your policies as well, but I'd never seek to get you reprimanded for them.
I'm not saying that you've never done your job as a mod. And I'm not blaming you specifically for the problem. My viewpoint may not have been made clear in my previous post because I wasn't in the mindset to put anyone in the spotlight or call them out. But since you addressed the matter, I'll tell you how I feel about things.

I never felt as though you or Ninja48 or LN didn't deserve the job. I was all for you guys becoming mods. My only worry was that you (the lot of you) would not be able to separate duty and friendship, OR that you'd enforce the rules, but not follow them yourselves. LN actually had a certain incident where he himself bent the rules a bit, and I warned him about it. He listened. When it comes to you and 48, however, I didn't feel as though the two of you would take me seriously if I told you anything of the sort, so I didn't even bother.

Miburo, you're an amazing mod when it comes to the members you aren't acquainted with. But when it comes to members in the spam zone, when it comes to dealing with them, I'd say your performance is lacking.

I never asked for Shino to get rid of you. And if you remember correctly, I was banned for breaking the rules as a mod. I don't see how you and I, or any other mod, are any different. If a mod is not doing their job correctly, they need to be talked to, they need to be reprimanded, and if they don't get their acts together at that point, then the circumstances might change, then the punishment may have to be more severe.

I'm only saying that no mod+ should be favored based on his or her position in the forum community. Mibs, you do your job, and you do it well. But as Shino said to me at that time, there are higher standards for moderators. You have a responsibility as a member of the staff and you either adhere to it, or you're failing your position.

When it gets to the point that members have to start coming to me, specifically, to handle a matter because they feel as though no other mod will step in and interfere, I think it's reached the point where something has to be done.

So, in short, it's not just the trolling that's gotten to me. There are plenty of factors that key into this. Trolling was just the easiest for me to explain.

I wouldn't leave if I felt there was any reason for me to stay. I'll reiterate: The only reason I've even stayed here for these past few months is that I felt I was making a difference. But it turns out that nothing I've done here as a mod has changed a thing. This forum is no different whether I'm here or not. You guys may want me here as a friend. But when it comes to my modship, all I've ever gotten out of any of you were complaints. And for nothing. So as far as I see it, I'm not needed here anymore. You can be a friend to me on MSN just as easily as you can be a friend to me here.

Last edited by Tsuna; 01-21-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Tsuna is offline  
Old 01-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #27
Desu McDesu
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 33
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Desu McDesu is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Eh.

All in all, wait until you're an admin to fuck with people.

They can do whatever the hell they want. <3
Desu McDesu is offline  
Old 01-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #28
Babyface BK
<3===BK
 
Babyface BK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1988
Location: With My Babeh
Age: 26
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
Re: Eh.

Like we haven't got enough admins as it is.
__________________






"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline  
Old 01-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #29
Desu McDesu
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 33
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Desu McDesu is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Eh.

Well, which is the one that tortures you, mentally tortures you, and makes you feel horrible about posting?
Desu McDesu is offline  
Old 01-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #30
balmung5000
cpas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Eh.

serious busness
on an animu forum
balmung5000 is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.