Radio Show says, "Goodbye!" - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Hello & Goodbye

Hello & Goodbye New to the forums? Introduce yourself! or if your leaving us for a while you can let us know.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
Jfreekao
馬鹿!!!

Jfreekao is an unknown quantity at this point
Radio Show says, "Goodbye!"

Well, over the past few days, we've had a few difficulties with the webmaster. He's demanded a few things, such as that Otakast Radio becomes his exclusive property, limiting our shows and our freedoms and taking away the rights to our name and show content, promising us guests and listeners through some shady connections, and extra promotion (all of which I was probably going to have to write/submit myself, anyways, just like I have been doing). We saw nothing to gain out of the proposition, and with the level of "professionalism" Tom's shown us, we declined the offer. In short, we're no longer featured on Naruto Central or Bleach Central. So (our few) loyal fans say your goodbyes and FTP members say your good riddances (and your "lol ramen radio"'s), because Otakast will be completely erased by Monday probably.

EDIT: For whoever wants any details... well here they are:

Tom is just... unreasonable... to a point of evil. This thing has been getting out of hand for quite awhile though. I've been having to write all of the promotional posts (which was something Tom had agreed to do) and all of the information on our site page, and since we weren't allowed to promote, except for shows with guests on them, we were losing listeners extremely fast. Tom also claimed to have "connections" that he would get in trouble for talking about, and also tripped himself up saying that he was not at liberty to mention the name of the VP of Crunchyroll (although it's public domain). Lastly, he promised to go "legitimate" in 6 months, whih is total bull crap, since the site was never even legal to begin with. Neo and I had AIM conversations with him that proved he was not only offering us nothing to gain, but was also extremely untrustworthy... And he was being an ass. Therefore we decided to leave this site before it got shut down and Tom dragged our show to the ocean floor and go to a REAL legitimate site that's been legit for 12 years. Plus the webmaster isn't a selfish bastard and actually has real personal connections to Viz and some major companies in the anime world, AND he's not going to be taking away the rights to our show.

Times are denoted in Eastern Standard Time

Monday 9:00 P.M. - Ramen Radio

Tuesday - None

Wednesday 9:00 P.M. - Son of Shinobi

Thursday - None

Friday 9:00 P.M. - Music Spotlight/What You Need To Know (alternates weekly)

Saturday 1:00 P.M. - The Tail End

Sunday - None

Guest List

Click the images to go to the show pages

Last edited by Jfreekao; 02-13-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Adding details... details are important...
Jfreekao is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Radio Show says, "Goodbye!"

lol ramen radio
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
Miburo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfreekao View Post
Well, over the past few days, we've had a few difficulties with the webmaster. He's demanded a few things, such as that Otakast Radio becomes his exclusive property, limiting our shows and our freedoms and taking away the rights to our name and show content, promising us guests and listeners through some shady connections, and extra promotion (all of which I was probably going to have to write/submit myself, anyways, just like I have been doing). We saw nothing to gain out of the proposition, and with the level of "professionalism" Tom's shown us, we declined the offer. In short, we're no longer featured on Naruto Central or Bleach Central. So (our few) loyal fans say your goodbyes and FTP members say your good riddances (and your "lol ramen radio"'s), because Otakast will be completely erased by Monday probably.
GOD DAMN YOU, MEGABOSS!! DOES YOUR FASCISM KNOW NO BOUNDS!?! Even his ramen radio lackies are not immune to his faggotry. This evil must be purged! FIGHT TEH MOTHER FUCKIN' POWAR FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also,

lol ramen radio
Old 02-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

HOW RIGHT IS IT POSSIBLE FOR US TO BE? THE EVIL CLAW ON FACISM KNOWS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FRIEND AND FOE - A CLASH OF WORDS AND MINDS!

Bai guyz, have fun.

lol ramen radio.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

Good luck to you guys. You weren't really bad peeps just megabosses lackies. But yeah whatever laterz.

.oidar nemar lol

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

You should've listened to us in the beginning. We warned you about Megaboss' dick-riding. =/

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #7
Miburo

Quote:
Tom is just... unreasonable... to a point of evil.
And it's up to a rag-tag group of badasses to stop him.

FTP ASSEMBLE!
Old 02-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #8
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

It took you long enough to realize the truth, dude. :/

See ya.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #9
hackerumas
Genin

hackerumas is on a distinguished road

I agreee.............!

hackerumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #10
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

Quote:

EDIT: For whoever wants any details... well here they are:

Tom is just... unreasonable... to a point of evil. This thing has been getting out of hand for quite awhile though. I've been having to write all of the promotional posts (which was something Tom had agreed to do) and all of the information on our site page, and since we weren't allowed to promote, except for shows with guests on them, we were losing listeners extremely fast. Tom also claimed to have "connections" that he would get in trouble for talking about, and also tripped himself up saying that he was not at liberty to mention the name of the VP of Crunchyroll (although it's public domain). Lastly, he promised to go "legitimate" in 6 months, whih is total bull crap, since the site was never even legal to begin with. Neo and I had AIM conversations with him that proved he was not only offering us nothing to gain, but was also extremely untrustworthy... And he was being an ass. Therefore we decided to leave this site before it got shut down and Tom dragged our show to the ocean floor and go to a REAL legitimate site that's been legit for 12 years. Plus the webmaster isn't a selfish bastard and actually has real personal connections to Viz and some major companies in the anime world, AND he's not going to be taking away the rights to our show.
What is this "REAL legitimate" site you are talking about? Cruncyroll?

Also, Tom...shame on you.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #11
Jfreekao
馬鹿!!!

No. Hahah. Getting an endorsement from Crunchyroll would take a bit more luck and work. We've moved to a site called Anime Explosion that's been totally legit for 12 years running. It's not that active community-wise, but it gets hundreds of thousands of hits per week. Plus the webmaster is a good friend of ours and has REAL connections with Viz and Crunchyroll and Anime News Network, and his connections won't get him in trouble. Plus, our listener count went up again! Hahah! It seems that leaving NC/BC is the best thing that's happened to Otakast!

Tuesday - None

Thursday - None

Sunday - None

Guest List

Old 02-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #12
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

To be able to run a highly successful anime site, I think having a genuine otaku on board could do wonders.

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #13
Miburo

See, we were telling you guys to GTFO for your own good. Because we're caring and nice like that. We're just misunderstood because we're so god damn brilliant and awesome that it's nearly incomprehensible. God damn, FTP rules. Fuck yeah!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #14
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Rofl Mibs... that's one way of putting it.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #15
Jfreekao
馬鹿!!!

Hahah! I get it now???

Eheheh. Well, either way, it worked out your way, and Tom got screwed. YAY!

Tuesday - None

Thursday - None

Sunday - None

Guest List