Just a Thought THREAD - Page 42 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #616
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
The reason the Cloud ninja kidnapped her wasn't because of her being a jink. Kumo kidnapped her because she was the last known surviving member of the Uzumaki clan (I'm not convinced it's just Naruto, as Kushina said the Uzumaki scattered to the four corners of the world when the village was wiped out), a clan that was wiped out because of their longevity and skill with seals. Kushina was made a jink in secret, she was brought to Konoha in secret, why would they do these in secret just to let that secret out?
The Uzumaki were wiped out around the 3rd Great Ninja War. They hadn't been wiped out by the point where she was kidnapped. They kidnapped her for her "special chakra". The chakra that allowed her to control the Bijuu. The chakra that would have made her a perfect jinchuuriki. While they were still dealing with trying to get the Hachibi under control. Their intentions couldn't be more obvious here.

You're talking about how everything was done "in secret" when that secret WAS out. Kumo KNEW she was in Konoha, and tried to kidnap her FROM Konoha. Knowing that she had the chakra to control the bijuu and knowing that she was being brought to Konoha as Mito was in extreme old age makes the chain of logic piss easy. Kumo undoubtedly could have figured out that Kushina was the Kyuubi jink, and therefore EASILY reasoned that Naruto was the next Kyuubi Jinchuuriki. No known alternate possibilities of parentage (because the Uzumaki HAD been wiped out at the time of his birth), having the Uzumaki name, and the EXTREMELY WELL KNOWN Kyuubi attack coupled with Kushina's death could not make things more obvious.

Last edited by AOTKorby; 01-16-2011 at 04:39 PM.
AOTKorby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #617
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Read the other parts of my post. Kushina was brought to Konoha IN SECRET. She was made a Jink IN SECRET. What sense does it make to REVEAL THAT SECRET? Hell, when she went into labor they had arranged for her to leave the village IN SECRET and give birth to Naruto IN SECRET because the seal would be weakened by the birthing process. You're whole argument falls on the idea that Kushina being the second Jink for the Kyuubi was known to all, when it logically wasn't.

It's unknown if Mito's status as a Jink was a known subject, as the only people to witness her sealing the Kyuubi in herself was Madara and Hashirama. Madara was thought to be dead after getting his ass beat by Hashirama. Hashirama kept the Kyuubi in Konoha to prevent people like Madara from trying to take it. It wouldn't make any sense for Mito's status of being a Jink being known to other villages, even when the Senju were one of the most powerful clans in existence.
your whole arguement is based on nobody knowing about any uzumaki being a jink since its the only thing you keep mentioning.

my arguement is it made no sense to name the kid uzumaki, there clan was wiped out because of its power, his own mother was kidnaapped because of special chakra, why would you name the kid uzumaki to hid the kyuubi when the only known people to have it were named uzumaki,so it makes no sense to add the uzumaki namea and a more of a target.

Last edited by AniMeFaN; 01-16-2011 at 04:46 PM.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #618
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenninKorby View Post
They kidnapped her for her "special chakra". The chakra that allowed her to control the Bijuu. The chakra that would have made her a perfect jinchuuriki.
The Cloud Village is known for trying to kidnap people to give themselves an edge in battle, even during times of peace. They tried (and failed) to kidnap Kushina. They tried (and failed) to kidnap Hinata. They tried (and failed) to get their hands on the Byakugan. They knew Kushina had special chakra, but I doubt they knew she was carrying the Kyuubi or that she was summoned to Konoha to be a host when it was all done IN SECRET (secret means few people know about it).

Quote:
While they were still dealing with trying to get the Hachibi under control. Their intentions couldn't be more obvious here.
Their intentions have always been to find a way to give themselves the edge in battle. The Cloud was known for being highly militaristic.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #619
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The Cloud Village is known for trying to kidnap people to give themselves an edge in battle, even during times of peace. They tried (and failed) to kidnap Kushina. They tried (and failed) to kidnap Hinata. They tried (and failed) to get their hands on the Byakugan. They knew Kushina had special chakra, but I doubt they knew she was carrying the Kyuubi or that she was summoned to Konoha to be a host when it was all done IN SECRET (secret means few people know about it).
Do you understand how much you're contradicting yourself? THEY KIDNAPPED HER FROM KONOHA. ALL THAT "IN SECRET" SHIT CLEARLY DIDN'T MATTER. THEY KNEW SHE WAS IN KONOHA. THEY HAD TO HAVE KNOWN THAT MITO WAS NEARING DEATH. THEY KNEW SHE HAD CHAKRA WHICH COULD CONTROL THE JINCHUURIKI. IT WAS BEFORE SHE WAS MADE THE KYUUBI JINK. ANYONE COULD HAVE FIGURED OUT THAT SHE BECAME THE JINK WITH THE INFO THEY HAD.

They knew she was in Konoha, they knew she could control Bijuu, and they knew Mito was old as dirt. You want to explain how they COULDN'T reason what the purpose of Kushina leaving her clan to live in Konoha would be?

Seriously man. They knew Mito could control the Kyuubi. She was an Uzumaki. They knew Kushina could control the Kyuubi. She was an Uzumaki. Naruto was also an Uzumaki who just so happened to be born on the day the Kyuubi ransacked Konoha. How is this hard to figure out?

Quote:
Their intentions have always been to find a way to give themselves the edge in battle. The Cloud was known for being highly militaristic.
Gee, capturing the kid who they know can control bijuu while they're dealing with an inability to control the Hachibi? That couldn't possibly give them a military advantage, having someone WHO COULD CONTROL IT.

Honestly. Giving Naruto the Namikaze name might have pissed off Iwa and Suna, but they were weak as fuck after the Third Great Ninja War. Naming him Uzumaki on the other hand put a gigantic "THIS KID IS A JINCHUURIKI AND AN UZUMAKI HOLY SHIT" sign on his back. Being the son of a hated, legendary ninja would not be as much of a draw as being the LAST KNOWN SON OF THE UZUMAKI CLAN. As I said, Kumo probably fought Konoha when Naruto and Co. were 3 (which led to Hinata's attempted kidnapping) TRYING TO GET NARUTO.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #620
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
your whole arguement is based on nobody knowing about any uzumaki being a jink since its the only thing you keep mentioning.

my arguement is it made no sense to name the kid uzumaki, there clan was wiped out because of its power, his own mother was kidnaapped because of special chakra, why would you name the kid uzumaki to hid the kyuubi when the only known people to have it were named uzumaki,so it makes no sense to add the uzumaki namea and a more of a target.
The only thing I can think of to Justify said action is by the name "Namikaze" being even more prestigious of a name and connected with even more power IMO... However, with minato the only one. Im still not convinced its his actual last name. I think his current one is covering for his actual heritage....

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #621
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Oh, dear god. How are you arguing that Minato's last name isn't even Namikaze. Let me guess...he's really a Senju right. No, just no.

@Kael, basically what people are trying to argue here is that the Uzamaki name isn't all that more inconspicuous then the Namikaze name would have been for Naruto.

It would be like if your last name were Laden and you didn't want people associating you with Osama Bin Laden, so you decide to change your name to Hussein instead. Well, is having the same last name of Saddam Hussein that much better??? Won't the same people who have the animosity towards you for having the name of one terrorist still have animosity towards you for having the name of a different one.

Point is, the shit just sticks out like a sore thumb. They could have picked any name they wanted to and nobody would have known. Anybody could have made a convincing back story and lied to him. They could have told them his parents were random fodder ninjas that died in the fox attack (which wouldn't have been a total lie) and called him by whatever random ninja name they had. Then nobody would have known the difference.

Last edited by ask me anything; 01-16-2011 at 08:22 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #622
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Oh, dear god. How are you arguing that Minato's last name isn't even Namikaze. Let me guess...he's really a Senju right. No, just no.
I was thinking it, but I didn't want to say it for once.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #623
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post

No not at all! I think it could be a name and heritage that has yet to be introduced... It could be senju, but I doubt it at this point in the manga...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
Old 01-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #624
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

^OK then, that's a fair guess. Although, I personally think it's too late in the manga for any new info to come out on Minato. Seems like that ship has sailed (imo).

The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-16-2011)
Old 01-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #625
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Kishi's had 2 opportunities to delve deeper into Minato's past and never took them (when Naruto almost went 9 tails and Kushina's history lesson). I think Minato is done at this point aside from random flashbacks with Killer Bee.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #626
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Its just that there are no other namikaze what so ever... and someone as badass as minato should have a clan of its own ya know. Thats why Im assuming that the third may have given minato a different last name to cover up who his true heritage was because he grew up to be the greatest ever.

Somehow Having super special uzumaki chakra and the inherent ability of longevity and to control tailed beast<<<being minatos son!!!

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Konnaha_yellow_flash For This Useful Post:
AniMeFaN (01-16-2011), ask me anything (01-16-2011)
Old 01-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #627
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Kishi's had 2 opportunities to delve deeper into Minato's past and never took them (when Naruto almost went 9 tails and Kushina's history lesson). I think Minato is done at this point aside from random flashbacks with Killer Bee.
its possible that minato did not know what his actual clan was. it does seem possible that there is more to his name/clan. i mean we have only 3 of the 6 paths revealed to us at this point, his clan could be one of the other 3.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #628
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

^I think madara's speech about reuniting the 6 paths/clans was a mistranslation.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #629
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Clans tend to get off the ground when they have specialized techniques, bloodlines, or genetic predispositions that make the majority of the members of the family automatically awesome.

Minato has no Hiden, no Kekke-Genkai, and no real genetic traits that would be passed down generation after generation that stood out. He was just a prodigy among prodigies. Minato would be like the White Fang, not from a legendary clan, but a legendary ninja who left a legacy to his descendant (Kakashi).

Generally speaking, the hierarchy of clans tends to go like this:

Bloodline Limit Clan > Natural Skill in Certain Areas = Hiden > Not from a clan.

Hyuga, Uchiha, Senju, and Kagura (?) fall into the foremost category, Uzumaki (though Mito and Kushina would probably also slightly fall into foremost), Inuzuka, and possibly that clan of black guys from Kumo would fall into the 2nd, Nara, Aburame, Yamanaka, Akimichi, Hozuki, etc. fall into the third, and people like Sakura, Lee, Hatake Sakumo/Kakashi, and most likely Minato would fall into the last one.

Especially in Part I, we always heard about how HOLYSHIT powerful all the Bloodline Limit clans were. Anyone from those clans was automatically tagged as having immense potential or being insanely badass already. Clans like the Inuzuka, Nara, Aburame, etc. were rarely just praised shamelessly, but their techniques were acknowledged as powerful tools passed down only within the family. People that weren't from clans were never seen with automatic potential. Only someone like Kakashi, the son of a Legendary ninja who came from nothing, was viewed as being inherently badass.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #630
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know if you all noticed, but lots of people in this manga are dumb as a rocks, unless its necessary. Until Sasuke's battle with Danzou had ended, not one shinobi from Konoha even spoke much, or at all to the Uchiha Masscre, its like the whole town has been asleep and dead to the world, while living in it at the same time. The older shinobi Kages, Sannin, Jiraiya, Asuma, seemingly knew shit about the past, they're roots, they're history. New shinobi don't seem to know much about anything beyond battle tactics. So naming Naruto an Uzimaki, seemingly mattered to Minato, whom prolly wanted to honor Kushina, I'm guessing, (I'd do the same for my wife on our deathbed), but new jacks seem to know all of the 'Evils' weaknesses in battle, thats about it, heck nobody outside of Uchiha's actually knew real shit about the past shinobi world, and only an Uchiha is trying to take over the world with that knowledge, I don't honestly think theres anyone left in Kishi's shinobi world to even have enough power to matter vs. said Uchiha's.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote