Just a Thought THREAD - Page 61 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 04-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #901
superninja
ANBU

superninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

This is what I would like to know, Sasuke's operation to get EMS. How does it work? If it is just a normal eye transplant kind of thing, then the valid question people are asking is why can't two brothers get EMS by just trading eyes (Madara's brother went blind)?
That is why some people made a theory that the two set of eyes fuse in some kind of ritual or something and that is why only one brother can have them. Still, Kishimoto didn't show Sasuke's operation so we don't know what happens there.

Also Kin and Gin as substitute for kyuubi chakra (the greatest amount of chakra in Naruto world) is something Kishi pulled out of his ass. I lost major respect. It would be like near the end of LOTR there happens to be another slightly weaker ring and Sauron is like "that will do". It kind of shits on everything established up to that point. It kind of insults my intelligence.
superninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #902
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by superninja View Post
why can't two brothers get EMS by just trading eyes (Madara's brother went blind)?
Because both eyes need to be functional. Madara's eyes were completely useless so they would have been of no use to his brother.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #903
superninja
ANBU

superninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
Because both eyes need to be functional. Madara's eyes were completely useless so they would have been of no use to his brother.
But in this case if Sasuke achieved MS, him and Itachi could have traded eyes and both have EMS. Still, Itachi made it seem like only one of them could have EMS when he said Sasuke is his eye storage.
I like the "eye fusion" idea better because it makes it more mystical plus that way one of them has to be left out. But we haven't seen the procedure, I think Kishi did that because he wants to keep the mystery around Tobi. If Kishi showed the technique Tobi used when operating on Sasuke then we would know more about him and his abilities/knowledge.

Also Kin and Gin as substitute for kyuubi chakra (the greatest amount of chakra in Naruto world) is something Kishi pulled out of his ass. I lost major respect. It would be like near the end of LOTR there happens to be another slightly weaker ring and Sauron is like "that will do". It kind of shits on everything established up to that point. It kind of insults my intelligence.

Last edited by superninja; 04-14-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #904
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by superninja View Post
But in this case if Sasuke achieved MS, him and Itachi could have traded eyes and both have EMS. Still, Itachi made it seem like only one of them could have EMS when he said Sasuke is his eye storage.
I like the "eye fusion" idea better because it makes it more mystical plus that way one of them has to be left out. But we haven't seen the procedure, I think Kishi did that because he wants to keep the mystery around Tobi. If Kishi showed the technique Tobi used when operating on Sasuke then we would know more about him and his abilities/knowledge.
That is only because Itachi realized that Sasuke hadn't activated his MS when he came to fight him. I personally thought that the eyes were swapped.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #905
superninja
ANBU

Quote:
That is only because Itachi realized that Sasuke hadn't activated his MS when he came to fight him. I personally thought that the eyes were swapped.
I am not 100 percent sure, but from my memory there was a part where Itachi said the Uchiha brothers had been stealing each others eyes to gain EMS for a long time and that was one of their curses and their forgotten history (if swapping was possible then why steal the eyes?). I could be wrong, but I think it went something like that. On the other hand Itachi could have been bullshitting Sasuke into fighting him, I don't know.
The important thing is Kishimoto left out the part where Sasuke did the eye transplanting so we don't know if it's just a normal operation or not. With Naruto we saw the training he went to get rikudo mode but with Sasuke we didn't see what happened.
The more I think about it, it could be just a normal operation like you said but the eyes have to be usable. If there was some ritual where the eyes fuse into EMS then Tobi wouldn't need Sasuke at all, he could just make the EMS eyes with a fusion ritual and store them in one of his jars.

Last edited by superninja; 04-14-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #906
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
But Itachi was completely blind by the end of his fight. So if what your saying is true, then his eyes would be useless to sasuke, yet that clearly isn't the case.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
ninjalostboy95 (04-14-2011), Wolverine (04-15-2011)
Old 04-15-2011, 02:39 AM   #907
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
But Itachi was completely blind by the end of his fight. So if what your saying is true, then his eyes would be useless to sasuke, yet that clearly isn't the case.
Itachi wasn't completely blind. Well almost, but not completely. Yet, I think your logic makes more sense, now that I think about it. Don't know... maybe Madara just never wanted his brother to have his EMS.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:57 AM   #908
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,712 Times in 3,841 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

From my understanding of Itachi's explanation, the siblings' eyes are fused to create the new Eternal Mangekyo. It makes sense if you think about it. Madara's EMS design looks like a combination of his original Mangekyo and Izuna's Mangekyo. Why Madara gained the eyes instead of Izuna is still up for debate. Itachi claimed Madara ripped Izuna's eyes out, Madara claims Izuna donated them because Madara was the leader of the clan.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #909
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Well, from what I can remember Itachi said that using the MS SEALS away the users eye sight and power... But once the brothers MS are gained, a fusion of power happens, a new seal is obviously made that strengths the eyes and allows for full usage of the yang element thus granting a new doujutsu as well...

The question is why is the RGs power full at the start and its opposite takes three levels like SSJ does... IDK, new seal grants MS, eyes need to break a seal and have 3 levels... Its very likely the full eye power was sealed at some point (most likely between RS sons which would explain how the SG came from a swirling pattern doujutsu)...

IDK, its been long enough.. kishi needs to explain this shit.

EDIT: ABout the mechanics of the fusion of the eyes seal of MS... Its likely that it takes one good nature and one bad nature bro to make a MS thus kishi uses another yin and yang reference... I mean madara is clearly more evil then good and since the brother didnt fight for top position despite them both seemmingly equal by Implication of the story.. I think that might be the mechanics... I mean its the only connection of itachi+sasuke and izuna+madara there is at this point because sasuke is obviously the evil one while itachi was kind...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA

Last edited by Konnaha_yellow_flash; 04-16-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #910
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Ok, random thought time.

It was proven possible to get information out of dead people when Inoichi was going through the mind of the Pain body Jiriaya sent back to the village. In about a weeks time Inoichi was able to get the info he needed, despite having to be careful to avoid any mental traps Pain set up.

Now given this, why wasn't the same thing done for Hayate when he was killed. For those of you who don't remember, Hayate was the sickly chuunin exam instructor who overheard Kabuto talking with the sand Jonin guy about the sand villages alliance with Orochimaru. The sand Jonin then killed him minutes later. This all happened at least 2 weeks before the Chuunin exam final happened, You would think in that amount of time Inoichi and his squad of fellow ninja that specialize in mind reading shit, would have been able to get all the info out of Hayate, and discover the truth. If they had the whole war would have went drastically different, and the Leaf would have way more prepared to then they were.

This just illustrates yet another plot hole Kishi created by introducing new characters and powers in part 2. In part 1 we already knew Inoichi's clan had jutsu that dealt with the mind, but we didn't know to what extent until part 2. Furthermore we were lead to believe that his clan was special in this sense, and that these unique abilities were something only the handful of those in his clan could do. Now we've seen dozens of people with this ability. Several more have just popped up lately in the war. One dude tried to get info out kisame. Dozens seem to be imbedded in each division receiving and transmitting signals back to headquarters where yet even more are relaying the messages. Some seem to be with the feudal lords doing likewise.

My point is, by having all these people now that can read minds, it's makes it plain fucking stupid that no one was around back then that thought to do the same thing. As much as Part 2 sucks now, it's even worse that Kishi is going back and essentially taking a dump on part 1 with his ridiculous writing.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:53 PM   #911
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

They probably weren't thinking or probably thought he didn't have any important information. It could have also been that there was mind block similar to Pain's.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #912
jericho Uzimaki
ANBU

Thanked 1,558 Times in 509 Posts
jericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Ok, random thought time.

It was proven possible to get information out of dead people when Inoichi was going through the mind of the Pain body Jiriaya sent back to the village. In about a weeks time Inoichi was able to get the info he needed, despite having to be careful to avoid any mental traps Pain set up.

Now given this, why wasn't the same thing done for Hayate when he was killed. For those of you who don't remember, Hayate was the sickly chuunin exam instructor who overheard Kabuto talking with the sand Jonin guy about the sand villages alliance with Orochimaru. The sand Jonin then killed him minutes later. This all happened at least 2 weeks before the Chuunin exam final happened, You would think in that amount of time Inoichi and his squad of fellow ninja that specialize in mind reading shit, would have been able to get all the info out of Hayate, and discover the truth. If they had the whole war would have went drastically different, and the Leaf would have way more prepared to then they were.

This just illustrates yet another plot hole Kishi created by introducing new characters and powers in part 2. In part 1 we already knew Inoichi's clan had jutsu that dealt with the mind, but we didn't know to what extent until part 2. Furthermore we were lead to believe that his clan was special in this sense, and that these unique abilities were something only the handful of those in his clan could do. Now we've seen dozens of people with this ability. Several more have just popped up lately in the war. One dude tried to get info out kisame. Dozens seem to be imbedded in each division receiving and transmitting signals back to headquarters where yet even more are relaying the messages. Some seem to be with the feudal lords doing likewise.

My point is, by having all these people now that can read minds, it's makes it plain fucking stupid that no one was around back then that thought to do the same thing. As much as Part 2 sucks now, it's even worse that Kishi is going back and essentially taking a dump on part 1 with his ridiculous writing.
well that was a few years back Naruto time. So maybe they didn't have or didn't excel in it then. just saying i mean DNA testing has come a long way in just a few years.
jericho Uzimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #913
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point

that asian girl almost floating in the air really annoys me for some reason
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #914
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjalostboy95 View Post
They probably weren't thinking
Kishi wasn't thinking, I'll give you that. Or to put it more bluntly, their was no need for his convenient mind reading hax until part 2. Plot no jutsu my friend. Undeniably the greatest jutsu ever. It even has the power to rip holes in the fabric of the universe that destroy once good mangas.

Quote:
or thought he didn't have any important information.
I think the knowledge of who killed him, is pretty damn important. Especially since he was killed in the middle of his own village, at a time when an important event (chuunin exams) was going on.

I promise you, if some pro football player gets killed in his own stadium the night before he's about to play in the Super Bowl, you're going to have the FBI, CIA, local and state police, sheriff department, undercover cops, jailhouse snitches, and any other conceivable resources investigating to the best of their ability. Naw' mean.

Quote:
It could have also been that there was mind block similar to Pain's.
Except that it wasn't. The guy was cut by a blade made of wind. Neither was the guy who killed him ever shown to have any kind of jutsu at his disposal.

Last edited by ask me anything; 04-16-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #915
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

Quote:
Kishi wasn't thinking, I'll give you that. Or to put it more bluntly, their was no need for his convenient mind reading hax until part 2.
True, but there's also the possibility of thinking it's irrelevant to the later intrusion.

Quote:
I think the knowledge of who killed him, is pretty damn important.
But they didn't know and couldn't unless they thought the dead body had important info which could give clues to the enemy's secrets in which they would investigate such as the Pain body, for example. That's all they use it for since they don't anticipate attacks unless they were told by the enemy to expect an attack(Madara) and proof of this is that they were invaded twice throughout the series.

Quote:
Except that it wasn't. Neither was the guy who killed him ever shown to have any kind of jutsu at his disposal.
They could or couldn't. Not saying they definitely did but not impossible either.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote