Just a Thought THREAD - Page 62 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 02:26 AM   #916
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Ok, random thought time.


It was proven possible to get information out of dead people when Inoichi was going through the mind of the Pain body Jiriaya sent back to the village. In about a weeks time Inoichi was able to get the info he needed, despite having to be careful to avoid any mental traps Pain set up.

Now given this, why wasn't the same thing done for Hayate when he was killed. For those of you who don't remember, Hayate was the sickly chuunin exam instructor who overheard Kabuto talking with the sand Jonin guy about the sand villages alliance with Orochimaru. The sand Jonin then killed him minutes later. This all happened at least 2 weeks before the Chuunin exam final happened, You would think in that amount of time Inoichi and his squad of fellow ninja that specialize in mind reading shit, would have been able to get all the info out of Hayate, and discover the truth. If they had the whole war would have went drastically different, and the Leaf would have way more prepared to then they were.

This just illustrates yet another plot hole Kishi created by introducing new characters and powers in part 2. In part 1 we already knew Inoichi's clan had jutsu that dealt with the mind, but we didn't know to what extent until part 2. Furthermore we were lead to believe that his clan was special in this sense, and that these unique abilities were something only the handful of those in his clan could do. Now we've seen dozens of people with this ability. Several more have just popped up lately in the war. One dude tried to get info out kisame. Dozens seem to be imbedded in each division receiving and transmitting signals back to headquarters where yet even more are relaying the messages. Some seem to be with the feudal lords doing likewise.

My point is, by having all these people now that can read minds, it's makes it plain fucking stupid that no one was around back then that thought to do the same thing. As much as Part 2 sucks now, it's even worse that Kishi is going back and essentially taking a dump on part 1 with his ridiculous writing.
Interesting.

There could be several reasons they didn't do it:
1. Out of respect for a fellow comrade (not priding into his mind)
2. Lack of time to find something helpful
3. Not able to do it (didnt have the machine thingy built)
4. Lack of personnel - they couldn't afford to put several people on the job
5. Hayate's body was too destroyed (I just woke up so I might be wrong about his body not being shown)
6. Some other reason that I will find (a have a felling that I'm forgetting something. Something technical I think) when I finish my morning coffee (or reread some chapters-which I don't think I'll do)

Of course, it could easily be a combination of some of the above, like 2 and 4
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-17-2011, 01:48 PM   #917
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage
 
Konnaha_yellow_flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 7,810
Thanks: 853
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Ok, random thought time.


It was proven possible to get information out of dead people when Inoichi was going through the mind of the Pain body Jiriaya sent back to the village. In about a weeks time Inoichi was able to get the info he needed, despite having to be careful to avoid any mental traps Pain set up.

Now given this, why wasn't the same thing done for Hayate when he was killed. For those of you who don't remember, Hayate was the sickly chuunin exam instructor who overheard Kabuto talking with the sand Jonin guy about the sand villages alliance with Orochimaru. The sand Jonin then killed him minutes later. This all happened at least 2 weeks before the Chuunin exam final happened, You would think in that amount of time Inoichi and his squad of fellow ninja that specialize in mind reading shit, would have been able to get all the info out of Hayate, and discover the truth. If they had the whole war would have went drastically different, and the Leaf would have way more prepared to then they were.

This just illustrates yet another plot hole Kishi created by introducing new characters and powers in part 2. In part 1 we already knew Inoichi's clan had jutsu that dealt with the mind, but we didn't know to what extent until part 2. Furthermore we were lead to believe that his clan was special in this sense, and that these unique abilities were something only the handful of those in his clan could do. Now we've seen dozens of people with this ability. Several more have just popped up lately in the war. One dude tried to get info out kisame. Dozens seem to be imbedded in each division receiving and transmitting signals back to headquarters where yet even more are relaying the messages. Some seem to be with the feudal lords doing likewise.

My point is, by having all these people now that can read minds, it's makes it plain fucking stupid that no one was around back then that thought to do the same thing. As much as Part 2 sucks now, it's even worse that Kishi is going back and essentially taking a dump on part 1 with his ridiculous writing.
easy!

Oro had already made his presence known the day before and since hayete was cut up they probably assumed he ran into oro and got kunaied or gatanaed to shit so it wasnt worth checking because they thought they already knew.... I mean he was the protor of the 3rd exam and Oro said if anyone stops the chunnin exams he will stomps some ass so its the most likely answer IMO....
__________________
KNOWLEDGE TO LIVE BY...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...


MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....


ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Konnaha_yellow_flash For This Useful Post:
ninjalostboy95 (04-17-2011)
Old 04-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #918
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,195
Thanks: 9,030
Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
Interesting.

There could be several reasons they didn't do it:
1. Out of respect for a fellow comrade (not priding into his mind)
2. Lack of time to find something helpful
3. Not able to do it (didnt have the machine thingy built)
4. Lack of personnel - they couldn't afford to put several people on the job
5. Hayate's body was too destroyed (I just woke up so I might be wrong about his body not being shown)
6. Some other reason that I will find (a have a felling that I'm forgetting something. Something technical I think) when I finish my morning coffee (or reread some chapters-which I don't think I'll do)

Of course, it could easily be a combination of some of the above, like 2 and 4
1. There's nothing disrespectful about going through the mind of a comrade. I'm pretty sure he'd want them to do it if it meant helping his village out. Ya know that whole "will of fire" shit and whatnot. Also he didn't just randomly run up in Kabuto by chance. Kakashi knew he was tracking Kabuto. It's makes perfect sense that they would want to find out what he knew.

2. They had over 2 weeks. That's longer then they had to go through Pains highly encrypted brain.

3. The machine merely amplifies the mind reading ability. Inoichi and his clansmen are still able to use their powers without it. Just like that fodder guy was going through Kisames mind. The machine just speeds up the process.

Also, with Pain they had to go back for months into his memory to dig up info that might help. With Hayate, their main concern is the last moments of his life. That's more then enough to know who killed him. I mean how hard is it to go through the last 5 minutes of his life, with 2 weeks to do it.

4. Not enough people? Are you serious. They have an entire division of people whose sole purpose in life IS collecting intelligence. Aptly named the Konoha Intelligence Division. I'm sure they enough people for the job.

5. He had 2 slashes across the chest. The rest of his body (more importantly the head) was completely untouched.

6. Drink your coffee.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
easy!

Oro had already made his presence known the day before and since hayete was cut up they probably assumed he ran into oro and got kunaied or gatanaed to shit...
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v11/c093/5.html

Anko: Was the opponent Orochimaru?

Kakashi: No we can't make that assumption.


Quote:
...so it wasnt worth checking because they thought they already knew....
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v11/c093/7.html

"We already have ANBU gathering information in other countries."


Quote:
I mean he was the protor of the 3rd exam and Oro said if anyone stops the chunnin exams he will stomps some ass so its the most likely answer IMO....
So you make sure the exams continue by killing the referee?


LOLOLOLOLOLOL, try again kid.
__________________


Last edited by ask me anything; 04-17-2011 at 09:38 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
ninjalostboy95 (04-17-2011)
Old 04-18-2011, 03:47 AM   #919
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
1. There's nothing disrespectful about going through the mind of a comrade. I'm pretty sure he'd want them to do it if it meant helping his village out. Ya know that whole "will of fire" shit and whatnot. Also he didn't just randomly run up in Kabuto by chance. Kakashi knew he was tracking Kabuto. It's makes perfect sense that they would want to find out what he knew.

2. They had over 2 weeks. That's longer then they had to go through Pains highly encrypted brain.

3. The machine merely amplifies the mind reading ability. Inoichi and his clansmen are still able to use their powers without it. Just like that fodder guy was going through Kisames mind. The machine just speeds up the process.

Also, with Pain they had to go back for months into his memory to dig up info that might help. With Hayate, their main concern is the last moments of his life. That's more then enough to know who killed him. I mean how hard is it to go through the last 5 minutes of his life, with 2 weeks to do it.

4. Not enough people? Are you serious. They have an entire division of people whose sole purpose in life IS collecting intelligence. Aptly named the Konoha Intelligence Division. I'm sure they enough people for the job.

5. He had 2 slashes across the chest. The rest of his body (more importantly the head) was completely untouched.

6. Drink your coffee.





You really dont find it disrespectful? Not even a bit? Lol. Ramaging through his mind? Seeing him doing/thinking who knows what? Maybe he'd want them to, but that doesn't change the fact that there is definitely a dose of disrespect in it (though I could concede to a smaller magnitude of disrespect)

Also on personel, there is a quote somewhere. During the chunin exams they were kinda thinned out (again, morning didnt finish my coffee), thats what I meant. In that particular situation. Not in general at any given time. You call it the Konoha intelligence division? Well at that time wasn't konoha scrambling to get intelligence?

And yes, the machine speeds it up. But thats why I said later on a combination. You cant compare what the fodder, because kisame was alive, and thats a whole different ballpark. I believe you are smart enough to agree with me that its much easier to extract info from a living guy then from a dead guy.


Also in your reply to KYF you were kinda only quoting what you felt like quoting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Quote:
Oro had already made his presence known the day before and since hayete was cut up they probably assumed he ran into oro and got kunaied or gatanaed to shit...
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v11/c093/5.html

Anko: Was the opponent Orochimaru?

Kakashi: No we can't make that assumption.
Continutation:
Kakashi: "Hayate was most likely tailing that sound spy, Kabuto"
So they thought it was Kabuto's fault. Valid assumption.

KYF was wrong about who they thought it was, but he was correct in that they had a valid assumption. Anyways, in there eyes it was probably most likely Kabuto, if not Oro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v11/c093/7.html
Quote:
...so it wasnt worth checking because they thought they already knew....
"We already have ANBU gathering information in other countries."
continuation:"We shouldn't be too focused on this, the enemy may use that"

I mean, come on. You just cut off what the characters were saying to suit you.

P.S. I rest my case (unless I think of something else when my mind starts functioning properly)
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems

Last edited by stubborn_d0nkey; 04-18-2011 at 03:50 AM.
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #920
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v55/c521/3.html

Anybody else suspect that these seals do not do what kabuto siad they do? Maybe they are some kinda trap for the sharingan or something
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #921
Wolverine
Special Jounin
 
Wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Guess....
Age: 25
Posts: 2,177
Thanks: 2,666
Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v55/c521/3.html

Anybody else suspect that these seals do not do what kabuto siad they do? Maybe they are some kinda trap for the sharingan or something
Who knows... I've long since stopped hypothesizing the plausibility of scenarios that stem from Kishi's writing...
__________________
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (04-19-2011), kael03 (04-18-2011)
Old 04-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #922
Tmoore
wandering analyst
 
Tmoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: houstatlantavegas
Posts: 805
Thanks: 1,844
Thanked 453 Times in 229 Posts
Tmoore will become famous soon enoughTmoore will become famous soon enough
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

honestly if u think about it the sharingan trap thing can be plausible because we know 2 things... 1. orochimaru wanted the sharingan to achieve his goals and if kabuto is following in his footsteps he will want it too. 2. kabuto plans on double crossing madara sometime during this war and obviously edo tensei is not his trump card because he was too willing to show madara how the technique worked so therefore he must know a loophole that might give him an advantage
__________________
Tmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #923
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,195
Thanks: 9,030
Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
You really dont find it disrespectful? Not even a bit?
No. Not even in the slightest. Even if it were (but it's not) these are fucking ninja's. They are trained to put their personal shit aside and do the job given to them.

Quote:
Lol. Ramaging through his mind? Seeing him doing/thinking who knows what? Maybe he'd want them to, but that doesn't change the fact that there is definitely a dose of disrespect in it (though I could concede to a smaller magnitude of disrespect)
Where's the disrespect? Seriously, give me a specific example. Do you mean they might go back in his memories and see him jacking off to furry porn or some shit. Yeah, that would definitely suck.

I'll give you a specific example along the same lines. Let's say someone close to you got killed. Just for the sake of argument, we'll use your parents. Now lets say it definitely wasn't an accident. For example they find the bodies with massive cuts all across them. Now what if the coroner could do an autopsy on them, and maybe find out evidence that might lead to their killer. You know all that CSI shit, like comparing the wounds to different knife styles or whatever they do.

Here's the question for you. Would you consent for the autopsy to be done in hopes of finding the killer, OR would you be all like "My poor parents have suffered enough. It would be totally disrespectful to do an autopsy. Let's just bury them and move on. DURR HURR. Justice??? What's that??? DURR HURR HURR".

Quote:
Also on personel, there is a quote somewhere. During the chunin exams they were kinda thinned out (again, morning didnt finish my coffee), thats what I meant. In that particular situation. Not in general at any given time.
That's only referring to the general purpose shinobi. Do I really have to explain this? Fine, here goes. The village has general purpose shinobi that do multiple jobs styles. These are your basic chuunin and Jonin types, as well as ANBU. In addition you have very role specific ninja that focus mainly on a certain aspect of ninja techs. "Special Jonin" all fit this role, as well as sensor ninja, and medical, ninja, etc...

During the chuunin exam, they had a lot of ANBU in foreign countries as they said. In addition they were on high alert, and had to spread their forces along the borders, because they suspected an attack might happen, but didn't know which country it was that might do it. So they had to keep a look out from every direction. If they had known it would have been the sand village that attacked them, they would have put far more of their forces defending from their direction. In any event, this spreading out of the ninjas left far fewer in the actual village then expected.

Which brings us to....
Quote:
You call it the Konoha intelligence division? Well at that time wasn't konoha scrambling to get intelligence?
There are many different types of intelligence gather, and sure enough their are many subsections of the intelligence division that deal specifically with them.

Some examples: The vast majority of the intelligence gathered from foreign countries is done by the ANBU. Other ninjas might get missions to do it too, but they do the greatest share of it.

That ninja with all the scars on his face, is a master interrogator. He excels at torturing the fuck out of guys. He can do other stuff for sure, but you won't see him at the front gate doing fodder work. You'll mostly see him pimp slapping bitches, to get them to talk. He has his own subdivision of the intelligence bureau that does the same thing.

Inoichi excels at minding reading. He had his own division that does likewise. Blah, Blah Blah, I'm tired of typing. You get the point yet Donkey? If not I'll say it simply. Just because they had a man shortage at the chuunin exams, doesn't mean they had a shortage in the intelligence division, since it's not their job to to ANBU stuff to begin with.

That would be like saying if your city had a shortage of police officers, then the FBI, who are also a police force of sorts, must have personnel shortages as well. Fall logic is false.


Quote:
And yes, the machine speeds it up. But thats why I said later on a combination. You cant compare what the fodder, because kisame was alive, and thats a whole different ballpark. I believe you are smart enough to agree with me that its much easier to extract info from a living guy then from a dead guy.
LOL, way to miss the point. The point being fodder dude said himself he wasn't all that great, was still able to get the info he needed.

But if you want to be fair about, then compare Hayate to the dead Pain body konoha was investigation. They were both dead, and yet with all the ecryptions Pain had on his minds Inoichi was still able to go through his entire day, in like 30 seconds. Yeah, I know they were using the machine all all that shit, but even without it they could have still got the info.

All they needed was to see the last 5 minutes of Hayate's life, and they had 2 weeks to do it.

Debunk that if you can.


Quote:
Also in your reply to KYF you were kinda only quoting what you felt like quoting:

Continutation:
Kakashi: "Hayate was most likely tailing that sound spy, Kabuto"
So they thought it was Kabuto's fault. Valid assumption.

KYF was wrong about who they thought it was, but he was correct in that they had a valid assumption. Anyways, in there eyes it was probably most likely Kabuto, if not Oro.


continuation:"We shouldn't be too focused on this, the enemy may use that"

I mean, come on. You just cut off what the characters were saying to suit you.

P.S. I rest my case (unless I think of something else when my mind starts functioning properly)
KYf was saying there was no need to investigate since they were 100% sure Orochimaru was involved. The quote from Kakashi saying "Don't jump to conclusions", and the other quote saying "We got ANBU looking into it" shows they were definitely less then 100% sure of the situation, which is exactly why an investigation into who killed Hayate WAS warranted.

I didn't take shit out of context. I was just showing that there was in fact some debate over "who did what to whom" and everybody wasn't in total agreement like KYF claimed".


Way to miss the point, SD. You've been making a habit of it lately. :P
__________________


Last edited by ask me anything; 04-18-2011 at 08:02 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Wolverine (04-19-2011)
Old 04-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #924
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
No. Not even in the slightest. Even if it were (but it's not) these are fucking ninja's. They are trained to put their personal shit aside and do the job given to them.

Where's the disrespect? Seriously, give me a specific example. Do you mean they might go back in his memories and see him jacking off to furry porn or some shit. Yeah, that would definitely suck.

I'll give you a specific example along the same lines. Let's say someone close to you got killed. Just for the sake of argument, we'll use your parents. Now lets say it definitely wasn't an accident. For example they find the bodies with massive cuts all across them. Now what if the coroner could do an autopsy on them, and maybe find out evidence that might lead to their killer. You know all that CSI shit, like comparing the wounds to different knife styles or whatever they do.

Here's the question for you. Would you consent for the autopsy to be done in hopes of finding the killer, OR would you be all like "My poor parents have suffered enough. It would be totally disrespectful to do an autopsy. Let's just bury them and move on. DURR HURR. Justice??? What's that??? DURR HURR HURR".
Autopsy is different issue, I wouldn't let em do a mind evasion thing (if it were possible). It's respecting the privacy of one's mind, come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
That's only referring to the general purpose shinobi. Do I really have to explain this? Fine, here goes. The village has general purpose shinobi that do multiple jobs styles. These are your basic chuunin and Jonin types, as well as ANBU. In addition you have very role specific ninja that focus mainly on a certain aspect of ninja techs. "Special Jonin" all fit this role, as well as sensor ninja, and medical, ninja, etc...

During the chuunin exam, they had a lot of ANBU in foreign countries as they said. In addition they were on high alert, and had to spread their forces along the borders, because they suspected an attack might happen, but didn't know which country it was that might do it. So they had to keep a look out from every direction. If they had known it would have been the sand village that attacked them, they would have put far more of their forces defending from their direction. In any event, this spreading out of the ninjas left far fewer in the actual village then expected.

Which brings us to....
Exactly dude, they had anbu out, forces thinned. Intel people specialize in intel, but that doesn't mean that all they can do is read people's minds and shit. In urgent times they could do other stuff too. It's not like they can't fight, or be on the lookout, they were needed for other purposes too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
There are many different types of intelligence gather, and sure enough their are many subsections of the intelligence division that deal specifically with them.

Some examples: The vast majority of the intelligence gathered from foreign countries is done by the ANBU. Other ninjas might get missions to do it too, but they do the greatest share of it.

That ninja with all the scars on his face, is a master interrogator. He excels at torturing the fuck out of guys. He can do other stuff for sure, but you won't see him at the front gate doing fodder work. You'll mostly see him pimp slapping bitches, to get them to talk. He has his own subdivision of the intelligence bureau that does the same thing.

Inoichi excels at minding reading. He had his own division that does likewise. Blah, Blah Blah, I'm tired of typing. You get the point yet Donkey? If not I'll say it simply. Just because they had a man shortage at the chuunin exams, doesn't mean they had a shortage in the intelligence division, since it's not their job to to ANBU stuff to begin with.

That would be like saying if your city had a shortage of police officers, then the FBI, who are also a police force of sorts, must have personnel shortages as well. Fall logic is false.
Yes, there are other types of intelligence gathering, but then why didn't you say Mind Reading Division? Why mention Intel division if you were gonna nitpick with subsection talk? Also, are you telling me that you know that the Mind Reading Division wasn't used in the intel gathering? How?

Also, let me nitpick a bit too. Konoha didn't have a man shortage at the chunin exams, they a had a man shortage period.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
LOL, way to miss the point. The point being fodder dude said himself he wasn't all that great, was still able to get the info he needed.
I'm not missing the point, you are missing the point. Getting info from a dead guy and getting info from a living person should not be compared! It's a whole different ballpark! It's sorta similar to comparing T/S and teleportation (MU) in terms of speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
But if you want to be fair about, then compare Hayate to the dead Pain body konoha was investigation. They were both dead, and yet with all the ecryptions Pain had on his minds Inoichi was still able to go through his entire day, in like 30 seconds. Yeah, I know they were using the machine all all that shit, but even without it they could have still got the info.

All they needed was to see the last 5 minutes of Hayate's life, and they had 2 weeks to do it.

Debunk that if you can.
That was with the machine, and with people helping him! He didn't do it by himself! I don't know how the others were helping him, but I know they did, because the idiot in the page knew that inoichi went through a whole day, how could he know that if they weren't connected.

Also, how do you know that they can easily pinpoint which memories they will look at (especially considering that it is a dead guy)?



Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
KYf was saying there was no need to investigate since they were 100% sure Orochimaru was involved. The quote from Kakashi saying "Don't jump to conclusions", and the other quote saying "We got ANBU looking into it" shows they were definitely less then 100% sure of the situation, which is exactly why an investigation into who killed Hayate WAS warranted.

I didn't take shit out of context. I was just showing that there was in fact some debate over "who did what to whom" and everybody wasn't in total agreement like KYF claimed".


Way to miss the point, SD. You've been making a habit of it lately. :P
First thing first, you misquoted and probably misunderstood the manga, (or just took something out of context jk). The ANBU were not looking into the matter of there murder. Did you even see what I wrote? The continuation? "We shouldn't be too focused on this"

Also, they didn't know exactly who did it, but they pretty much narrowed it down to two people, Kabuto and Orochimaru. Do you think if it was one of them that it would be worth it to look into it?

TL;DR Let me just take a look at one quote:

"We have ANBU gathering information in other countries.. We shouldn't be too focused on this, the enemy may use that"
1. "We already have ANBU gathering information in other countries"
  • Not because of the murder
  • Less ninja in the village (shortage if you like)
2. "We shouldn't be too focused on this"
  • If it was so easy to probe the mind and quickly gain the info, being focused wouldn't matter
  • Finding more info not an important issue
  • Something to lose if focused on this:
3."the enemy may use that"
  • Focusing on this helps the enemy->cant afford to put people on this
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems

Last edited by stubborn_d0nkey; 04-19-2011 at 07:31 AM.
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
Konnaha_yellow_flash (04-19-2011), ninjalostboy95 (04-19-2011)
Old 04-19-2011, 08:04 PM   #925
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,195
Thanks: 9,030
Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
Autopsy is different issue, I wouldn't let em do a mind evasion thing (if it were possible). It's respecting the privacy of one's mind, come on.
Then you are either stupid or you have a naive (read: sheltered) view of life.

Anything that could help solve the mystery should be done regardless of whether or not it may be "disrespectful". I'd imagine you would consider some random dude grabbing your nut sack extremely disrespectful right? But if it were some security guard at an airport doing it you would understand the reason. Same thing can be said about a doctor doing some very personal exams. Honestly, you don't see chicks getting all mad because somebody touched their breast during a mammography, because that's kinda what they do.

tl;dr. Professionals are professional. You have a very childlike view of the world.



Quote:
Exactly dude, they had anbu out, forces thinned. Intel people specialize in intel, but that doesn't mean that all they can do is read people's minds and shit. In urgent times they could do other stuff too. It's not like they can't fight, or be on the lookout, they were needed for other purposes too.
Idiot...of course they can do other things. I even said as much. The point is their job has priority over other things. If there isn't anything for them to do at the moment then they do other shit. Perfect case of this is that guy who interrogates people. He didn't have anyone to pimp slap that day so they had him doing guard duty that day. But you better bet if he had actual work to do he would have been doing that instead. The same thing applies to inoichi. If he had some mind to probe, HE WOULD BE DOING IT.


Quote:
Yes, there are other types of intelligence gathering, but then why didn't you say Mind Reading Division? Why mention Intel division if you were gonna nitpick with subsection talk? Also, are you telling me that you know that the Mind Reading Division wasn't used in the intel gathering? How?
Because it's not their specialty. ANBU DOES THE MAJORITY OF THE INTELLIGENCE GATHERING IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES.

Just to drive the point home, I'll counter your ridiculous question with another ridiculous question. How do you know all the medical ninja weren't out doing assassination missions at the time? DURR HURR HURR


Also, let me nitpick a bit too. Konoha didn't have a man shortage at the chunin exams, they a had a man shortage period.



Quote:
I'm not missing the point, you are missing the point. Getting info from a dead guy and getting info from a living person should not be compared! It's a whole different ballpark! It's sorta similar to comparing T/S and teleportation (MU) in terms of speed!
Doesn't matter one way or another because like I said ,I ALSO GAVE AN EXAMPLE OF 2 DEAD GUYS (PAIN AND HAYATE), BUT FOR WHATEVER REASON YOU WANT TO KEEP ARGUING THIS EXAMPLE.

Oh, since your being all nitpicky and shit now, show me some proof that what your saying is true. Not that I care one way or another, but it should be interesting to see. So show some proof that being dead or alive has any effect over how hard it is to read a mind.

PROOF OR GTFO.



Quote:
That was with the machine, and with people helping him! He didn't do it by himself! I don't know how the others were helping him, but I know they did, because the idiot in the page knew that inoichi went through a whole day, how could he know that if they weren't connected.
even without the machine all inoichi had to do was go thorough...say it with me...5 minutes of a guys life. I still don't see you debunking this.


Quote:
Also, how do you know that they can easily pinpoint which memories they will look at (especially considering that it is a dead guy)?
Because they're super awesome trained ninja...duh. Also Inoichi didn't just randomly go through the guys mind. He went through an entire days worth memories. You do realized this means he can go through in chronological order, THUS PROVING THE POINT THAT HE CAN PINPOINT CERTAIN TIME FRAMES. try harder.




Quote:
First thing first, you misquoted and probably misunderstood the manga, (or just took something out of context jk). The ANBU were not looking into the matter of there murder. Did you even see what I wrote? The continuation? "We shouldn't be too focused on this"

Also, they didn't know exactly who did it, but they pretty much narrowed it down to two people, Kabuto and Orochimaru. Do you think if it was one of them that it would be worth it to look into it?

TL;DR Let me just take a look at one quote:

"We have ANBU gathering information in other countries.. We shouldn't be too focused on this, the enemy may use that"
1. "We already have ANBU gathering information in other countries"
  • Not because of the murder
  • Less ninja in the village (shortage if you like)
2. "We shouldn't be too focused on this"
  • If it was so easy to probe the mind and quickly gain the info, being focused wouldn't matter
  • Finding more info not an important issue
  • Something to lose if focused on this:
3."the enemy may use that"
  • Focusing on this helps the enemy->cant afford to put people on this
^All this is aside the point. They were not in total agreement over who killed hayate, therefore it was worth looking into. Putting the Mind reading ninjas on the case would in no way hinder the ANBU who are out there collecting info. You really don't have a valid argument to make here. Not by a long shot.

Even if for whatever reason they knew for certainty it was Orochimaru, you would think they would still want to see what kind of info Hayate knew that was worth him dying for. Otherwise his death is a waste, which is a very disrespectful way to go out. See what I did there.

[warning: extreme sarcasm ahead. Precede with caution or it might go over your head.]


Random ninja: Hey Hokage, that Hayate guy was found dead this morning. Somebody slashed him up pretty bad.

Hokage: Hmmm, Hayate? Why does that name sound familiar?

Random ninja: Oh, remember when you asked somebody to do that suicide...er I mean top secret mission the other day.

Hokage: Yeah...what about it?

Random ninja: You remember how none of the Jonin wanted the mission, so they drew straws to see who had to do it.

Hokage: mkay, this is starting seem familiar. Go on....

Random ninaj: He's the guy who drew the short draw...

Hokage: Oh, that guy. Kishi..errrr yate?

Random ninja: HIS NAME WAS HAYATE. You know what, whatever man. Hey you want me to send his body down to the info division to see who killed him or what? We could have the results back in a hour.

Hokage: An Hour!!!!! But that's when House comes on, and I can't miss that shit.

Random ninja: WHAT!!!! You pick a TV show over a valued comrade. Don't you know he has a wife and a kid who will never grow up knowing his father.

Hokage: But, I heard 13 is coming back this episode.

Random ninja: Oh yeah, you're right. That bitch is hot as hell too. Forget what I said. I never like that Hayate guy anyway. Dude was always coughing on me a shit. Yeah, fuck that dude.
[both walk away]


__________________


Last edited by ask me anything; 04-19-2011 at 08:07 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #926
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage
 
Konnaha_yellow_flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 7,810
Thanks: 853
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
KYf was saying there was no need to investigate since they were 100% sure Orochimaru was involved. The quote from Kakashi saying "Don't jump to conclusions", and the other quote saying "We got ANBU looking into it" shows they were definitely less then 100% sure of the situation, which is exactly why an investigation into who killed Hayate WAS warranted.

I didn't take shit out of context. I was just showing that there was in fact some debate over "who did what to whom" and everybody wasn't in total agreement like KYF claimed".


Way to miss the point, SD. You've been making a habit of it lately. :P
No I didnt

I said: "Oro had already made his presence known the day before and since hayete was cut up they probably assumed he ran into oro and got kunaied or gatanaed to shit"...

Nowhere did I suggest they 100% sure about anything. Hell, I was so careful I said they PROBABLY assumed, therefore, I think u misinterpreted my reply IMO.

BOT: Also, u have to remember that the anbu answer to the Hokage. However, Hiruzen sarutobi was fearful of Oro (which was made obvious when he wished the 4th was still around to fight the battle for him) and was also hesitant to face his former student. so, a Kage riddled with emotions of fear and sympathy isnt going to be capable of an Objective, rational decision which would be not to assume or believe, but gather evidence to come a likely assumption or even conclusion...

And here just a couple chapter later Hiruzen is showing that fear to anko and contradicting himself in the meeting discussing hayetehttp://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v11/c094/8.html

When before he insisted "Either way we dont have enough info, lets all not worry"

Clearly capable of making the assumption IMO..
__________________
KNOWLEDGE TO LIVE BY...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...


MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....


ITACHI UCHIHA

Last edited by Konnaha_yellow_flash; 04-19-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:16 AM   #927
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

(Random thoughts in my head)
  • Hopeless cause is hopeless, so why do I bother? Oh, yes, because I'm cursed with caring for other people so I have to try
  • F*ck you timezones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Then you are either stupid or you have a naive (read: sheltered) view of life.

Anything that could help solve the mystery should be done regardless of whether or not it may be "disrespectful". I'd imagine you would consider some random dude grabbing your nut sack extremely disrespectful right? But if it were some security guard at an airport doing it you would understand the reason. Same thing can be said about a doctor doing some very personal exams. Honestly, you don't see chicks getting all mad because somebody touched their breast during a mammography, because that's kinda what they do.

tl;dr. Professionals are professional. You have a very childlike view of the world.
How is it a childlike view of the world? I'm not a vengeful guy, so If I prioritize the privacy of my parents mind over catching the guy who killed my parents thats my shit. I respect others, especially those close to me, more than I respect myself (respect isn't the best word, brain not functioning enough to come up with a better word), my shit too.I'd be able to accept a security guard touching my balls and shit, but not everybody would. You never hear of the many complaints about that kinda stuff?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Idiot...of course they can do other things. I even said as much. The point is their job has priority over other things. If there isn't anything for them to do at the moment then they do other shit. Perfect case of this is that guy who interrogates people. He didn't have anyone to pimp slap that day so they had him doing guard duty that day. But you better bet if he had actual work to do he would have been doing that instead. The same thing applies to inoichi. If he had some mind to probe, HE WOULD BE DOING IT.
Exactly my point, they can do other stuff too, if there was a shortage of people elsewhere they'd do that. If it was decided that keeping the people elsewhere is more important than doing what they specialize in they'd be elsewhere.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Because it's not their specialty. ANBU DOES THE MAJORITY OF THE INTELLIGENCE GATHERING IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES.

Just to drive the point home, I'll counter your ridiculous question with another ridiculous question. How do you know all the medical ninja weren't out doing assassination missions at the time? DURR HURR HURR
My question is not ridiculous, at least not nearly as ridiculous as yours.
1. You didn't say the ANBU does ALL of the intelligence gathering in foreign countries.
2. ANBU does spy-like info gathering. Don't you think mind reading could come in handy while gathering info?




Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Doesn't matter one way or another because like I said ,I ALSO GAVE AN EXAMPLE OF 2 DEAD GUYS (PAIN AND HAYATE), BUT FOR WHATEVER REASON YOU WANT TO KEEP ARGUING THIS EXAMPLE.

Oh, since your being all nitpicky and shit now, show me some proof that what your saying is true. Not that I care one way or another, but it should be interesting to see. So show some proof that being dead or alive has any effect over how hard it is to read a mind.

PROOF OR GTFO.



even without the machine all inoichi had to do was go thorough...say it with me...5 minutes of a guys life. I still don't see you debunking this.


Because they're super awesome trained ninja...duh. Also Inoichi didn't just randomly go through the guys mind. He went through an entire days worth memories. You do realized this means he can go through in chronological order, THUS PROVING THE POINT THAT HE CAN PINPOINT CERTAIN TIME FRAMES. try harder.
And I adressed the two dead guys, duuhhh.

You keep on going like inoichi did it himself, he had help! Also that doesnt prove that, it just proves that he can continue chronologically from the point he started at, not that he chose that day to look at.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
^All this is aside the point. They were not in total agreement over who killed hayate, therefore it was worth looking into. Putting the Mind reading ninjas on the case would in no way hinder the ANBU who are out there collecting info. You really don't have a valid argument to make here. Not by a long shot.

Even if for whatever reason they knew for certainty it was Orochimaru, you would think they would still want to see what kind of info Hayate knew that was worth him dying for. Otherwise his death is a waste, which is a very disrespectful way to go out. See what I did there.


Yeah, I see what you did there.
  • I dont talk about the exact issue in the exact way you are expecting so you ignore what I say? Good for you! Great debating method!
    • Like I said, they didn't know the exact person who did it, they thought it was either Oro or Kabuto- not that big of a difference.
  • Going against manga quotes? Good for you! Great debating method!
    • It was worth looking into it? "We shouldn't be too focused on this" says differently
  • Spouting stuff of questionable quality of mental creation? Good for you! Great debating method!
    • I really wanna know how you got the part of hindering anbu? Where did that come from?
    • Info that was worth dying for? Somebody dies, so there has to be a reason worth that person dying?





[warning: extreme sarcasm ahead. Precede with caution or it might go over your head.]


Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Random ninja: Hey Hokage, that Hayate guy was found dead this morning. Somebody slashed him up pretty bad.

Hokage: Hmmm, Hayate? Why does that name sound familiar?

Random ninja: Oh, remember when you asked somebody to do that suicide...er I mean top secret mission the other day.

Hokage: Yeah...what about it?

Random ninja: You remember how none of the Jonin wanted the mission, so they drew straws to see who had to do it.

Hokage: mkay, this is starting seem familiar. Go on....

Random ninaj: He's the guy who drew the short draw...

Hokage: Oh, that guy. Kishi..errrr yate?

Random ninja: HIS NAME WAS HAYATE. You know what, whatever man. Hey you want me to send his body down to the info division to see who killed him or what? We could have the results back in a hour.

Hokage: An Hour!!!!! But that's when House comes on, and I can't miss that shit.

Random ninja: WHAT!!!! You pick a TV show over a valued comrade. Don't you know he has a wife and a kid who will never grow up knowing his father.
P.S.(Random thoughts in my had) Hopeless cause is hopeless, so why do I bother? Oh, yes, because I'm cursed with caring for other people so I have to try
Hokage: But, I heard 13 is coming back this episode.

Random ninja: Oh yeah, you're right. That bitch is hot as hell too. Forget what I said. I never like that Hayate guy anyway. Dude was always coughing on me a shit. Yeah, fuck that dude.
[both walk away]


OMG, so f*cking true! Sorry I ever said anything against, you are so freaking right!!
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #928
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point
 
ninjalostboy95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY, Far Rockaway(currently)
Age: 18
Posts: 5,948
Thanks: 8,416
Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

The above debate is pretty stupid since you can't defend a side with the lack of proof present for a non-important issue such as this. Naruto characters aren't smart, there's your answer.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #929
jericho Uzimaki
ANBU
 
jericho Uzimaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 1,640
Thanks: 1,995
Thanked 1,558 Times in 509 Posts
jericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura about
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

I was just reading the Danzou Sasuke fight fight.

"you are wasting the Uchiha Clans sacrifice."

Those words made me think.

I think Tobi/Madara watched that fight for two reasons.
1. to see what Sasuke can do
2. Make sure Danzou didn't say anything.

Sasuke said "is it true you gave the order for Itachi to kill my family?"
Danzou"so he told you..."

There was no clear why who what or where?

That's is like me telling Numie that Veng killed his dog to sacrifice to the devil.

But actually Veng killed his dog because it was going ape shit and trying to kill everyone.

So when Numie sees Veng he says "did you kill my Dog?!"
Veng replies, "Jericho ti\old you huh?"

Then they fight Veng dies but the truth is never told to Numie.

So my point is i think that The Uchiha clan gave themselves up but wanted it to be done by their pride and joy: Itachi.

Itachi wanted Sasuke to live because he wanted their to be hope for a new start to the cursed clan.

Not sure why they gave themselves up maybe they thought eventually they would be corrupted by the power craze.

The 3rd probably felt there was good in the clan and didn't want them to make such a sacrifice. That's why he was against it but ultimately it was NOT his decision, it was the clan.

I mean come on IF Danzo said "yeah uhm imma have Sasuke kill the Uchiha clan okay?"
Hokage, "no i don' like that."
Danzou, "well imma have him do it anyway!"
Hokage, "darn it okay."

IF the Hokage didn't want Itachi or Danzou to do this he would have
A. stopped them himself or
B. Had them stopped or detained.
jericho Uzimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #930
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,686
Thanks: 4,758
Thanked 8,707 Times in 3,839 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

To answer your first question: danzo was talking about Itachi, since Danzo was one of the elders that gave Itachi the order to exterminate the entire clan.

Now, for the hokage's role in the massacre: Hiruzen was trying to stop the uprising the Uchiha were planning, but that ultimately failed so he gave his approval for the elders to have the clan put down before they could weaken Konoha in front of rival villages.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.