Just a Thought THREAD - Page 65 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 05-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #961
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

round eyes dont really mean white. Look at code geass, suzaku and lelouch have pretty identical character models, but we know suzaku is japanese and lelouch is european( brittanian). There are various other examples, but basically its just the anime style and not anything else

Also hair and eye color cant be used in the case of naruto because sakura has pink hair and karin & nagato both have bright red hair. So in this case blonde hair doesnt equate white. Now if the naruto universe had people with normal hair colors ( black, blonde, brown, etc) you could use the blue eyes and blonde hair to say hed be white.

Actually, so far in naruto we can only be sure that the world has black and asian people.

Last edited by blake; 05-09-2011 at 09:00 PM.
blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #962
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
superninja is retarded...

Basically anyone who looks cool (Kakashi, the Uchiha....) are Japanese. Anyone who is an Asian joke character (Everyone on team Guy) would be Chinese. Any blond haired person is also normally white.
Yeah most of the stars are gonna be Japanese, while were fans, children have a great following in Japan for characters/series, they fill up entire movie theaters for popular mangas/animes with ease. The Goku's, Naruto's, Ichigo's, Blackstar's, etc. are they're childrens role models.

Japanese don't 'hate' Chinese, at least according to my time living in Japan, and from my relationships with my 1st wife, her and my friends and family. They DO have hang ups over past shit, but mostly they're extremely pissed when getting confused with Chinese, and Korean in particular, and other 'asian' races as well. They use Chinese type characters as either assistants, or doorsteps usually.

Thats what made Bleach hot for a while, not many in Japan were ready for a villian with American/European features, that was not only powerful, but showed some intelligence. It was a 'OH This is different, moment'.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #963
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Redheads can can be associated with Scottish & Irish (real life redheads do exist). Pink hair can be equated to Harajuku chicks which would make Sakura Japanese. Karin though looks Japanese over Scottish/Irish so she's probably another Tokyo girl who likes to hang around Harajuku.

Edit: @Neo yeah Japanese & Koreans (females in particular) normally don't get along.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 05-09-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (05-10-2011), platinumrug (05-10-2011)
Old 05-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #964
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Redheads can can be associated with Scottish & Irish (real life redheads do exist). Pink hair can be equated to Harajuku chicks which would make Sakura Japanese. Karin though looks Japanese over Scottish/Irish so she's probably another Tokyo girl who likes to hang around Harajuku.

Edit: @Neo yeah Japanese & Koreans (females in particular) normally don't get along.
thats not the point. I was saying when you have characters with crazy unnatural hair colors etc, you cant use it to decipher race. How many black people have blonde goldish hair like omui and the other dude have. Karin's hair is bright red, not a subdued orange-ish red. And kabuto and kakashi have silver grey hair, yet they are fairly young.

so even though naruto having blue eyes and blonde hair may seem "white" to some people. He could just be an asian person with those same features

Last edited by blake; 05-09-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #965
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
thats not the point. I was saying when you have characters with crazy unnatural hair colors etc, you cant use it to decipher race.
I'm saying that you can as shown in other examples.

Quote:
How many black people have blonde goldish hair like omui and the other dude have.
http://lovethisnthat.com/wp-content/...1/03/sisqo.jpg next question.

Quote:
Karin's hair is bright red, not a subdued orange-ish red.
I already tolled you Karin is Japanese that likes to cosplay. Pay attention to what I actually wrote thank you.

Quote:
And kabuto and kakashi have silver grey hair, yet they are fairly young.
They're both Japanese. They fall under the group of cool kids club as mentioned before.

Quote:
so even though naruto having blue eyes and blonde hair may seem "white" to some people. He could just be an asian person with those same features
Actually Naruto's character represents that of a Gaijin. So yes Naruto is very much a white boy.

Quote:
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Old 05-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #966
blake
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
I'm saying that you can as shown in other examples.

http://lovethisnthat.com/wp-content/...1/03/sisqo.jpg next question.

I already tolled you Karin is Japanese that likes to cosplay. Pay attention to what I actually wrote thank you.

They're both Japanese. They fall under the group of cool kids club as mentioned before.

Actually Naruto's character represents that of a Gaijin. So yes Naruto is very much a white boy.
why are you bringing cosplayers etc into this. Im going by the world that kishimoto has created. People have crazy colored hair. And in his world he has created, characters naturally have weird hair. Uzumaki's have bright red hair naturally. kakashi aparently gained his father's trait of grey hair etc.

also I dont think kumo has multiple shinobi that dye their hair gold.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #967
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Quote:
why are you bringing cosplayers etc into this.
Because art is created using the persons prospective of the real world. Meaning character designs are often based around something. Team Guy for example are clearly chinese based on how they dress & look. Karin looks like a girl you'd see around Harajuku which Kishi most likely has passed by more than once.

Quote:
Im going by the world that kishimoto has created.
Which uses things Kishi has experienced or witnessed for ideas.

Quote:
People have crazy colored hair.
Red, Brown, Blonde, Black, Grey are not crazy colors for hair.

Quote:
And in his world he has created, characters naturally have weird hair.
Like who? The only true example I've seen you make is Karin's red hair (which looks dyed) & gray haired people. Grey hair is also associated with old people which is associated with intelligence or wisdom. Both of the people you are mentioning (Kakashi & Kabuto) are said to be highly intelligent. There's also the common trend that the so called cool characters tend to be Japanese since this is a manga created in Japan.

Quote:
Uzumaki's have bright red hair naturally.
Which makes them Scottish or Irish.

Quote:
kakashi aparently gained his father's trait of grey hair etc.
Cool Kids Club dude pay attention he's clearly Japanese.

Quote:
also I dont think kumo has multiple shinobi that dye their hair gold.
So Omui doesn't look like Sisqo?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #968
jericho Uzimaki
ANBU

Thanked 1,558 Times in 509 Posts
jericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura about

The races are whatever the person looking at wants them to be. can we agree on that at least?

How about it depends on where the movie was made. (THAT is what started this little debate)

If it is made in Japan i doubt they go looking for a white dude JUST to play Naruto.
(Dragon ball should have been made in JAPAN by Japanese,IMO.)

If it was made in USA it is gonna be mostly white cast except for Kumo.
we don''t have that many young Asian actors to fill the roles.

I made Naruto, Minato,Tsunade white due to a couple of things.

Like said above Naruto is Gaijin ALL THE WAY! plus he never gives up and works hard, he is NOT the smartest but over comes the odds. That seems pretty American to me.

Tsunade is a TALL blonde with large breasts. (yes she could be Swedish but i DON'T think so)

Minato is white/American for the same reason Naruto is(except he was a Genius).

Sasuke, Kakashi, HELL the Uchiha clan period is Japanese due to the "cool factor" mentioned above. Besides don't most US productions have an AMERICAN hero or POWERFUL character?
jericho Uzimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #969
blake
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho Uzimaki View Post
The races are whatever the person looking at wants them to be. can we agree on that at least?

How about it depends on where the movie was made. (THAT is what started this little debate)

If it is made in Japan i doubt they go looking for a white dude JUST to play Naruto.
(Dragon ball should have been made in JAPAN by Japanese,IMO.)

If it was made in USA it is gonna be mostly white cast except for Kumo.
we don''t have that many young Asian actors to fill the roles.

I made Naruto, Minato,Tsunade white due to a couple of things.

Like said above Naruto is Gaijin ALL THE WAY! plus he never gives up and works hard, he is NOT the smartest but over comes the odds. That seems pretty American to me.

Tsunade is a TALL blonde with large breasts. (yes she could be Swedish but i DON'T think so)

Minato is white/American for the same reason Naruto is(except he was a Genius).

Sasuke, Kakashi, HELL the Uchiha clan period is Japanese due to the "cool factor" mentioned above. Besides don't most US productions have an AMERICAN hero or POWERFUL character?
umm just because its made in America doesn mean the cast is automatically white. look at avatar tla, how ridiculous it was having indian and white people playing asian characters.

There are plenty of asian actors out there, its just a matter of hollywood casting them. Actually, there are plenty of every kind of actor, its just that studios only cast white people.

but also for Tsunade how do you account for the fact that her grandfather probably was asian. 2 generations doesnt completely weed out asian traits
Old 05-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #970
jericho Uzimaki
ANBU

jericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
umm just because its made in America doesn mean the cast is automatically white. look at avatar tla, how ridiculous it was having indian and white people playing asian characters.

There are plenty of asian actors out there, its just a matter of hollywood casting them. Actually, there are plenty of every kind of actor, its just that studios only cast white people.

but also for Tsunade how do you account for the fact that her grandfather probably was asian. 2 generations doesnt completely weed out asian traits
My answer is : Kishi.

Certain characters are obvious nationalities to SOME of US while others are not. Naruto is the Main character BUT notice how Sasuke WAS the MOST popular?
Naruto visibly gives WHITEs of any country someone too relate to. but the whole tradition,clan, calm under pressure thing is how Japanese see themselves.
IMO the character's are the way they are to appeal to the masses that is all, Probably didn't think about a MOVIE when he was making it up. He didn't think about BLACKS either. UNTIL, people started wondering where the blacks were in Naruto world(you guys remember that?) Then here comes Kumo, now they complain about a stereotypical angry black character. Although, wouldn't YOU be mad if your brother was kidnapped and
presumed dead?

Anyway, hair color doesn't matter, have you seen Tokyo Drift? Look at the scene where they are about to race. All those females had different colored hair. All Asian.
Far as Naruto has to be white? have you seen Tornado (or is it Volcano)High?
It is a Korean movie the lead character has blonde hair and reminds me of Naruto.

Just saying race/nationality only matters if that culture is apart of the storyline of that character. Like Goku being white...no. Peter Parker being black? Maybe. Nerdy, little guy thats always picked on cause he is different? Yeah it could work, today. but not back in the 70's.

BUT KUMO ninjas BETTER BE BLACK and LATIN!(if there was a movie)
Old 05-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #971
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by superninja View Post
Also, this has nothing to do with manga, but I've been reading a lot of negative reviews about one of my favorite directors M. Night Shyamalan lately
Wait, M. Night Charlatan is one of your favorite directors? What's next, someone on the forum liking Uwe Boll movies?

Quote:
and some of them are from the angry fans of cartoon Avatar that M. Night turned into a movie. Now I've never watched the cartoon so I don't give two shits if it stayed true to the source material, but one of the major complaints is he casted white ppl to play characters that are supposed to be asian.
  1. You should definitely watch the cartoon, it's really good
  2. The movie bounced from too faithful to the cartoon to a complete derail of the canon. Shyamalan wanted to compress something on the order of 4000 minutes of material into 100 minutes with everything he could and well... he fucked up greatly. The exposition was too crammed and unnatural, the transitions were dizzy and many plot holes were created in favor of fast pace (like the Earthbenders part... oh god, it was stupid beyond belief).
  3. All characters are based on Asian populace: Earth Kingdom's citizens are a mix of Chinese and Korean; Fire Nation's citizens are also a mix, but of Chinese and Japanese; tribesmen of the Water Tribes are based on the Inuit; and the Airbenders are based solely on Chinese. So of course it's kind of jarring seeing white people, Indians and Muslims getting the roles. But if they acted decently, they'd be forgiven but most of them were bad, BAD actors. Specially who played Sokka, that guy didn't get his role at all.
Quote:
Now, I don't know if that is a good reason to complain, is it stated that they are asian or does that affect their character or something?
They're not stated as Asian, but the architecture and costumes they have SCREAM Eastern Asia. It's like having a movie based Medieval Europe filled entirely with Afro-Americans and Native Americans. It's just jarringly stupid.

Quote:
So this got me thinking about, if someone was to make a Naruto movie then what race would the characters be?
Depends on who makes the movie. Hollywood shouldn't get near anime/cartoon characters, after the massive fails of DB:E and Shyamalan's Avatar, because I absolutely know they'd fuck up many characters and plots (I mean, just look at original Goku and DB:E Goku and don't tell me you didn't die a little inside after it). So yeah, all white jackasses except for Kumogakure characters (that would probably appear in a sequel, that's if they make one)

Now if it's made in Japan (probably by the same guys who made the Death Note movies), it'd be much more faithful to the characters, but everybody would be Japanese except, yet again, Kumogakure characters.

Now for some stereotypes!
Quote:
Akamichi clan, German.

Inochi, white. Sakura, white.
What, Germans aren't white? The fuck? Also, why German Akimichi? The Akimichi clan is very Japanese in Nature, just like the Nara clan and the Uchiha clan.

Quote:
Hey, all Swedish girls are blond, amirite? Actually, there's a LOT more dark-haired Swedish than blonds.

Quote:
BUT KUMO ninjas BETTER BE BLACK and LATIN
I think you mean Latino/a for "white" Kumogakure nins... but that doesn't make any sense, all "white" nins resemble much more Nordic people, with the strong face features (maybe except Atsui, he comes more as an English).

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Last edited by Numinous; 05-10-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (05-10-2011), Vengeance (05-10-2011)
Old 05-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #972
blake
Hunter-Nin

i was just thinking about it, but if there ever was a movie/movies, it would take like 4-5 movies just to get out of part 1
Old 05-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #973
jericho Uzimaki
ANBU

I was making a joke about the Swedish Girls being blonde w/ bog breasts. I was having an Al Bundy, All my Children Flashback. Sorry.

You are right about the Akimichi clan.

You are also right about blacks making a knight hood movie (no pun intended).

Kinda like when i saw that black dude in the move with Jason Statham, forgot what it is called,but He (black dude was a knight).

Some times adding or changing race is NOT a GOOD idea when transitioning.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #974
blake
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho Uzimaki View Post
I was making a joke about the Swedish Girls being blonde w/ bog breasts. I was having an Al Bundy, All my Children Flashback. Sorry.

You are right about the Akimichi clan.

You are also right about blacks making a knight hood movie (no pun intended).

Kinda like when i saw that black dude in the move with Jason Statham, forgot what it is called,but He (black dude was a knight).

Some times adding or changing race is NOT a GOOD idea when transitioning.
but the in the name of the king/ dungeon whatever was a fantasy world that also had ninjas fighting alongside knights. So black people in the world doesnt seem that farfetched.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #975
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Naruto The Movie Casting Call Yeah I got bored.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
Numinous (05-10-2011)