Pain is the joker to naruto's dark knight. - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 02-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
kyuubismash
Academy Student

kyuubismash is an unknown quantity at this point
Pain is the joker to naruto's dark knight.

After reading chapter 437 I see that even though madara is the main antagonist of the series pain is definatly naruto's arch-nemesis. The reason I say that he is like the joker is because of a few similarties in the joker/batman relationship and the naruto/pain relationship. Fist off pain keeps saying things like "we should understand each other" or"you what revenge on me for what my revenge is doing", what im getting is he is saying that there one and the same just like how joker is always saying he and batman complete each other. But the main point im trying to say here is pain is trying to do what the joker did in The Dark Knight, make naruto just like him. Through the whole fight he has been egging him on, taughting with what he always believed in, and when he stabed hinata just for loving him I and then said "do you hate me?", I realised he might want naruto to kill him to show that deep down everyone is just like him. So in the end can naruto pull a batman and resist the hatred he has and do what's right?

On a interesting side note: You can also see sasuke as harvey two-face. He had everything taken away from him and will take revenge on those he feels are guilty, only in this case madara is the joker scince he told madara his idea of the truth and let saskue choose what choice of action to take.
kyuubismash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough
Re: Pain is the joker to naruto's dark knight.

If you REALLY had to make that comparison, then I would say Orochimaru is closer in resemblance to the joker.

Originally Posted by Naruto2008
... and the Jman can never be wrong.

Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.
Detcelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
The Madness
Passion Rules

Thanked 4,648 Times in 1,771 Posts
The Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really nice

I am batman.
The Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
Ironclad
Jounin

Ironclad will become famous soon enoughIronclad will become famous soon enoughIronclad will become famous soon enough

Imagine Sai in Robin's outfit and Kakashi with a trenchcoat and a smoking pipe with thick glasses.
Ironclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Kakashi is Rorschach.

Not quite sure how to reply to this thread, but I guess there is some similarity as to whether Naruto can stop himself from sinking to Pain's level. However, the analogy falls down quite a bit because if Naruto doesn't kill the Heaven Realm (forget Nagato for now, they won't be fighting now), he's going to be captured and killed. Batman wasn't fighting in self defence as well as to protect others, more or less. I mean Naruto is being forced to kill him or at least completely incapacitate him pernamently.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
trondah
ANBU

trondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
If you REALLY had to make that comparison, then I would say Orochimaru is closer in resemblance to the joker.
Then you didn't quite understand Batman. The Joker is Yin and the Batman is Yang. Agent of chaos and agent of order. Orochimaru did indeed lose his parents as well, but he doesn't seem like a direct opposite to Naruto, while Pain does.

Hashirama Senju, the man hailed as the best shinobi of all time.
trondah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #7
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Pain: Say you want to know where I got this piercing? My father was a chinese ninja pilot. And my mother is the hot airline hoe. One day my mother forget to make him an ice cocoa. And he dont like that a lot. He took Bleach manga and give her the biggest papercut you ever seen!!!!!

Naruto: That doesnt make sense.

Pain: My sister is a singing hoe. One day she tied me up and force to watch all three high school musical movie!!!! At the same time!!!

Naruto:............

Pain: My father was a woman. No no no. My dentist is a duck. No no no.My father was michael jackson and I'm his chimp bubble.

Konan: He have identity issues.

Pain: My father was...a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself; he doesn't like that. Not...one...bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me and says, "Why so serious?" He comes at me with the knife, "Why so serious?!" He sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face!" And...what the hell I'm talkin about???? Konan tell him about me.

Konan: He's an asshole.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #8
Duncan33
The Unknown Quantity

Duncan33 is on a distinguished roadDuncan33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadness0308 View Post
I am batman.
No I AM the Batman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc

Last edited by Duncan33; 03-03-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Duncan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
moebrown20
Ninja

moebrown20 will become famous soon enoughmoebrown20 will become famous soon enoughmoebrown20 will become famous soon enough

I am Clayface!
Old 03-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #10
Ironclad
Jounin

Ironclad will become famous soon enoughIronclad will become famous soon enoughIronclad will become famous soon enough

Lolziest signature ever above this post.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #11
AnbuKakashi
Chuunin

AnbuKakashi is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah the DarkKnight. Just so you guys Know. The good Guy in Batman DarkKnight was in fact the Joker. He was right about everything he said. Everything about thwe world society and how people treat you. How money is greed and creates war. BUT he was taking the wrong actions to help fix it. Batman just tried to stop him becuase he did not understand untilo after the end when he became the Dark Knight.
AnbuKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #12
Ironclad
Jounin

Pain: I can do a magic trick!
Hinata: Juho Soshike -eeek.
Pain: tadaaaa!

Why so Hinata?
Old 03-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #13
Duncan33
The Unknown Quantity

Duncan33 is on a distinguished roadDuncan33 is on a distinguished road

It's more like:

Pein: I'm gonna make your girlfriend disappear... TADAAAA! And ahh she's gone....
Duncan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #14
Hurricane Chronicles
Hunter-Nin

Hurricane Chronicles is a jewel in the roughHurricane Chronicles is a jewel in the roughHurricane Chronicles is a jewel in the roughHurricane Chronicles is a jewel in the roughHurricane Chronicles is a jewel in the rough

"Lets put a smile on that Face"
Old 03-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #15
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

this si the worst thread EVER
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote