Favorite/Most Hated Moments in the Manga - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 04-11-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,017 Times in 587 Posts
TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough
Favorite/Most Hated Moments in the Manga

Alright, since discussion has really, really declined I am going to hopefully give a jump-start to the posts in the forum.

Simply: What is your favorite moment and why? What did moment did you hate, why and did it ruin anything for you? Remember, this is manga only.

My favorite moment was probably when Sasuke explained to Sakura that Naruto saved her from Gaara, my least favorite being probably Jiraiya's last scene with Tsunade, mostly because it seems he really got screwed in life. I am sure Dan was a great guy, but the fact that Jiraiya never got her love sort of annoys me beyond end. Jiraiya was a tragically flawed character but he was a hero as well, probably making him one of the most believable characters. He had no real success in life but he taught the Fourth and his son, Naruto, most likely the future Sixth Hokage. It sort of seems like his whole life is a paradox of virtue/excellence and failure/angst.
It didn't hurt my perception of Naruto because obviously fairy tale endings are lame, but it was sort of angsty in the wider context.

EDIT: This is probably what made me a firm NaruSaku (though crumbling rapidly), if Naruto/Sakura/Sasuke are to be the new Sannin trio, can the new Jiraiya finally obtain the love of the new Tsunade, something the original died without...

Last edited by TheSixthHokage; 04-11-2009 at 06:13 AM.
TheSixthHokage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2009, 06:13 AM   #2
Nameer
Marduk

Nameer will become famous soon enoughNameer will become famous soon enough
Re: Favorite/Most Hated Moments in the Manga

My favorite part is Hinata's confession because I was waiting for this since the beginning and she finally said it
the worst moment is when Jiraiya killed,it was really awful ending through remembering his failure in life
and My favorite future best part ever is Naruhina (if that happen)
Old 04-11-2009, 06:53 AM   #3
emachina
Jounin

emachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura about

Hmmm, I guess I would have to say my favorite scene was from the chapter where Komoha found out Jiraiya had been killed. The scene where Tsunade walks away from Sakura and Shikamaru and finally breaks down and starts crying while remembering Jiraiya. I thought it was really touching, her remembering the different smiles of the man she knew practically all her life. And I thought it was really telling of Tsunade that she focused on Jiraiya greeting her for the first time and his whole "Don't worry, you can give me a love letter later". I think she regrets never giving the guy a chance.

Least favorite, it would have to be the whole "OMG, Pain can't be stopped, he just can't be stopped, it's impossible, he's to strong, Everyone get to da choppah, we must flee, it's.....wtf, Naruto killed Pain? SWEET, everyone fan out, we must find and give a lecture to Naruto telling him he's retarded for thinking he can talk to Naguto. Sure he single handily did what no one in the village could, but he's still just an inexperienced kid"! That kind of stuff from the past 10 chapters or so really got grating and remains so as we speak.
emachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
Clixx
Twilight Guardian

Clixx will become famous soon enoughClixx will become famous soon enough

Favoite: When Konohamaru finds out Sakura was a perv too... It proved that Sakura is just some useless fangirl whos into Yaoi like 60% of the rest in this world...

Least Favorite:When Itachi died like a bitch in front of his pussy little brother, and also with Sasori...

Those two are GODS in my eyes, and yet both had "Soft Hearts". Itachi let his brother win, and Sasori took the stabs to the heart... That was so terribly lame...

Alien emerges from Naruto...

My RPG site~
Clixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:38 AM   #5
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Favorite...dunno, there are many cool moments.

-Itachi's first appearance
-Jiraiya's death
-Orochimaru talks to Sandaime
-Zabuza's death
-Sasori reavealing his Hiruko under the cloak
-Deidara's suicide
-Sasuke's Kirin
-Sasuke attacking Orochimaru
-Seeing "Rock Lee vs Gaara" on that screen
-Sakura cutting her hair
-Neji "dying"
-Chouji "dying"

The least favorite are many, too.

-Orochimaru dying like that vs Sasuke
-Itachi vs Sasuke. All of it. The best parts were all a genjutsu, that was trash. I expected a lot more of Itachi then just being presented as a MS machine.
-Madara revealing his true self (bad twist IMO)
-Konan being useless
-Hidan and Kakuzu's demise...most of the fight. The plan was all that was ok.
-Deidara changing his character and hating Uchiha's just because he'd have a reason to die.
-Neji and Chouji not dying in Part 1.
-Team KAKA being almost useless. Karin is a retarded character. Fuck you Kishi.
-Rescue Sasuke arc, or Penis arc if you want like that. Sai, Yamato and all the arc was terrible. Except for that 4 tails stuff.
-Zetsu being a clown during Sasuke vs Itachi. There goes my hope for him being the final villain.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
Witchking
Chuunin

Witchking will become famous soon enoughWitchking will become famous soon enough

Favourite : ZabuZa Dying on the bride - This is my favourite scene,the tears were >> .Made me love the manga.

Least Favourite : Seeing Hidan get squished >_<
Old 04-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #7
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Favorite: When Tobi was revealed as Madara, thus taking the plot to another level.

Least favorite: When chouji didnt get hit with demons fat seeking missle, because kakashi gave the last of his chakra most likely losing his life.

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
lamps123
Hunter-Nin

lamps123 has a spectacular aura aboutlamps123 has a spectacular aura aboutlamps123 has a spectacular aura aboutlamps123 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
Favorite: When Tobi was revealed as Madara, thus taking the plot to another level.

Least favorite: When chouji didnt get hit with demons fat seeking missle, because kakashi gave the last of his chakra most likely losing his life.
hahahaha lol chouji maight be usefull in the long run lol.hehe
lamps123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #9
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

least favorite- the entire gaara arc in part 2. matter of fact, alot of part 2 so far
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #10
platinumrug
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,400 Posts
platinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really nice

Favorite part - Naruto vs Sasuke, not really the fight but the symbolism it produced, considering where they were when they fought.

Least favorite - During the chunin exams when Lee got shatted on by Gaara, I hated that shit. You don't know how much I hated Gaara and then my favorite character (and still to this day) Lee whoopin his ass and then Gaara pullin off some bullshit and getting the win. Bah.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #11
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumrug View Post
Least favorite - During the chunin exams when Lee got shatted on by Gaara, I hated that shit. You don't know how much I hated Gaara and then my favorite character (and still to this day) Lee whoopin his ass and then Gaara pullin off some bullshit and getting the win. Bah.
Lol yeah, I kinda hated the outcome of that fight too, and I like Gaara. Lee was beating the absolute dogshit out of Gaara, but in the end Gaara was saved by the sand. Oh well, it did set up the whole Lee's bout with his injuries thing. As for me:

My favorite- Chap 168 (IIRC) when Naruto does his first complete Rasengan against that douche Kabuto. And all three Sannin are stunned by it

Least favorite- When Jman died. Don't get me wrong, I know it had to happen for Naruto to grow, and there were some great emotional payoffs with Naruto and Tsunade, but he was easily my favorite character. It's always hard to see your fav go.
Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #12
thinmints
Rokudaime

thinmints has a spectacular aura aboutthinmints has a spectacular aura aboutthinmints has a spectacular aura aboutthinmints has a spectacular aura about

favorite- shikamaru(favorite character) beating hidan

least favorite- when jiraiya died=[ i miss him in the manga
Old 04-12-2009, 03:07 AM   #13
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough

Man everyone hated Jiraiya being killed, haha... I just loved how he told Tsunade, "but you'll probably cry less for me than Dan, huh? hahaha..." It's sort of a true, sick sort of black humour, it's sad he knew her for so long and never went beyond just being a friend.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:40 AM   #14
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

I also liked when Naruto stabbed himself with his knife to rid himself of the tainted blood during the Zabuza Arc when the Demon Brothers poisoned him...
I also disliked when Sakura offered to defect with Sasuke, that seriously had me mad, pissed off to be exact... what would that do to Naruto? Seriously, suicidal thoughts would have been pretty predictable (man this'd make a good fanfic...).
Old 04-12-2009, 09:29 AM   #15
poolangya
gotta catch em all

poolangya will become famous soon enoughpoolangya will become famous soon enoughpoolangya will become famous soon enough

faves:
hinata confessing
pain creating a giant crater from konoha
jiraiya's final conversation with tsunade
sasuke caught a tentacle

hates:
jman dying
sasuke using manda as a plot no jutsu to live
gaara dying
kakashi using kamui on a nail and a rocket.
poolangya is offline   Reply With Quote