NINtendo DSi: Convince me why I should get one - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Gaming

Gaming Talk about your favorite video and pc games and console in this section!

Old 03-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all
NINtendo DSi: Convince me why I should get one

Obviously, a "why should I buy a *insert*?" thread is lame, but I'm having a hard time determineing whether or not the DSi is worth it.

I bought a DS lite back in the day, but the only game worth playing in 2006 was Super Mario. The rest were some retard-soft Nintendogs stuff. I sold it soon after.

I saw that they were introducing the Wii store and some cameras. It might be cool especially if they could get a skype client on (a bit of a long shot). Then I realized that they might actually have some cool games after discovering that their previous software library was the stupidest shit ever known.

I ask then, what games are even worth dropping $200+ on a DSi? Pokeman sounds interesting, but what else? I've got a Wii that is collecting dust, and Im not impressed by their games.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about
Re: NINtendo DSi: Convince me why I should get one

if you got a ds lite
id say stick with that
unless your an uber nintdeo fanboy
your not gonna want a dsi

there are good games for the ds
like lunar knights
pokemon
same random ff games
its got a decent enough list
to play on a regular basis
and since you already HAVE the system
you dont need to buy a new one

edit
why wasnt this game released
in america?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartender_DS

Last edited by balmung5000; 03-26-2009 at 12:41 PM.
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

No. I sold it in 2006 (like 6 months after buying it). I might do it just for Pokemon, but I'd like to see a few more games that peak my interest. Any Naruto/Bleach games, and can a Japanese game be played on a US DSi? I used to import Bleach PSP games from Japan because they worked.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

jap games can be played on ds lite
i know that
i see no point in gettign the dsi tho
you might just wanna get a lite

some good games are
megaman zx games
castlevania games
touch fo the dead was fun (rail shooter)
trauma center
all pokemon games but the dungeon games are good
i cant think of any others
off the top of my head
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #5
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanks. I'll look into it. Does the DS lite have the ability to use their Nintendo online store to buy games and such, or is that DSi only?
Old 03-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/why-yo...home,home-news

I always trust the 'bomb.

Personally, the DS doesn't grab me at all. I have no idea where my fat DS is - and I don't care. It just didn't provide anything for me.

DSiware seems like the big reason I'd ever get one. But that's very much an unknown quantity.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Seems to have bigger screens as well. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #8
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

low end cameras to make it "affordable" bah //says that developer guy

DSiware has potential, but iunno <.< ill stick with my ds lite for now >.>

//anyone that buys the DSi before oct something gets 1k free points to "shop" with. thats liek 10 dollars or something [i wasnt there when there was a session but there was info shyte on it i got]

Last edited by OG; 03-26-2009 at 07:06 PM.
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #9
Rath
Hokuto

Rath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these parts

umm.... Dsi is trying to jump (even more) into mainstream life, so unless you don't have some other multitasking thing like the iphone for instance, I don't see the point of buying it. The lack of gba slot really disconnects long time nintendo fans, so it's obviously trying to break away from the past and create a new idealistic name for nintendo based on innovative glory and cold hard profit.

For better of for worse, the new camera and online features will certaintly bring about a handfull of exclusive dsi games that will probably make other ds owner jealous, but in the long run this might end up being like the gba micro and be outlived by the next generation. The dsi still retains too many features from the ds and dslite... so it really isn't much of a step up.

~psttt...click my 'stache~

and now most likely deceased *sniff*

FanClub
~The Legend of Zelda FC~
~Akatsuki FC~
~Kakashi FC~

Last edited by Rath; 03-29-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Rath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #10
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Just bought one but they had no pokemanz! Its black and sleek.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #11
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Tried out the camera?

I might get one at the end of this year or next year, depending on how the shop turns out and shyte. Though it doesn't allow R4. =/
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #12
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Its pretty slick. I don't like the fact that you can't draw directly on the pics (maybe I just havn't gotten there yet...)

Im waiting for a SNES, NES, and other emulators...
Old 04-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #13
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

You can play emulators on the thing? If that's the case I'm all in.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #14
The Madness
Passion Rules

Thanked 4,648 Times in 1,771 Posts
The Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really nice

PSP = pr0n

DSi = Camera
The Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #15
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Kakashi: You got to buy a thing called CycloDS froma mod-chip reseller. I know there is a NES one. Dunno about other systems.

Madness - I had a PSP. Sold it. I even bought it when the first one came out. I had to do odd jobs like de-weed a lawn of crab-grass (type of grass in Texas that is unwanted and tought to kill). My hands bled from the work, but I got one. POS had no games worth playing except tje Japanese imports I got.