Team Seven Reunion - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

View Poll Results: Team Seven Reunion: Possible or Not? How?
Yes - Madara will face Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura 15 41.67%
Yes - During Sasuke's next trip to Konoha 2 5.56%
Yes - Doesn't matter, it'll happen somehow (specify) 5 13.89%
No - Sasuke and Naruto are meant to be enemies 4 11.11%
No - They won't be enemies, but they wont' re-group 10 27.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,017 Times in 587 Posts
TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough
Team Seven Reunion

Alright, having been on a few other Naruto forums and this one, I've seen a gigantic range in opinion on the possible Team Seven Reunion, which seems inevitable but it isn't clear how and why it'll occur. This poll and thread are just ways to discuss this (eventual) plot development and why it may be done in a fantastically creative or hopelessly cliche way, or alternatively, why it shouldn't happen at all. Feel free to jump in!

Old 05-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough
Re: Team Seven Reunion

My opinion is that they won't re-unite for many reasons, mostly because they aren't even the same people anymore. Sasuke was shaped by Orochimaru, Itachi and Madara to a point where he has drastically changed from when he was a Konoha Genin, while Naruto has been fighting tooth-and-nail with Akatsuki, bleeding to defend the village that hated him.

While I can see a possible "cease-fire" for Team Seven to defeat Madara, I do not see anything more than a one battle understanding. Naruto and Sasuke will fight again and I am quite positive it'll be the last battle in Naruto. I fear that it will end with Kishimoto making Sasuke accept Naruto as the best shinobi, but I hope he doesn't assassinate his character like that.

So my preferrable option is they become enemies and one of them dies in the combat or dies in the battle against Madara, I just cannot see them becoming best friends again, despite the hype machine.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough

The reunion does seem inevitable but the immediate next one wont happen in a positive way, thats for sure. But the three of them would definitely reunite some time later in the manga to be the "Next Gen Sannins or something like that" of Konoha, but only at the absolute end of the manga and nowhere in the immediate future....

Again, it depends on what you mean by reunion. If its like their reunion at Oro's hideout, then it'll happen pretty soon. But if it means joining forces or teaming up again, then Im not so sure...
Old 05-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

I'll make this more clear by "re-union" I mean they become a team again, not that they meet each other per se, because obviously if they met each other as enemies, that's a confrontation, not a re-union. So this is when Team Seven becomes official again basically in fact or in law.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #5
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough

As for one of them dying....Im not so sure. Kishi seems to have adopted a Gandhian approach of non-violence and peace to Narutoverse. So one of them dying doesn't fit well, especially when neither has done anything so evil as to warrant death. Naruto can't die until he beats Madara, and I don't think he could die after that. Also, his relation with Sasuke is such that he could never really get himself to kill him. He might send him into a coma but he can't kill him. Not his best friend, at a time when he's approaching and adopting the method of forgiveness to "save the world". If Nagato can be salvaged, then Sasuke dying would be a little harsh....
Old 05-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #6
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

The "Naruto & Sasuke vs Madara" theory is one i find plausible. Will they be a team again like before, i don't think so.

Naruto will be Hokage, Sasuke is a Kage lvl ninja, both are more than capable when running solo.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
The "Naruto & Sasuke vs Madara" theory is one i find plausible. Will they be a team again like before, i don't think so.

Naruto will be Hokage, Sasuke is a Kage lvl ninja, both are more than capable when running solo.
I should have voted for that one rather than enemies, if you'll allow me to elaborate:

I'd PREFER they become enemies as I believe they represent different viewpoints and beliefs.

But I BELIEVE that it'll be Naruto and Sasuke versus Madara, ending with Sasuke's sacrifice to destroy the Uchiha immortal. That or Sasuke will lose his entire eye-sight and will wander the world as sort of a Buddha.

Naruto will NOT die and will become Hokage, it's obvious, but to me as you say, Sasuke coming back to Konoha permanently is sort of a gigantic death-blow to his character. Being Naruto's #2 is not something Sasuke should swallow (gay jokes aside).
Old 05-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
Wolverine
Special Jounin

But you see, if they remain enemies, then they're no different than Jman and Oro, which clearly will change this time...
Old 05-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
poolangya
gotta catch em all

poolangya will become famous soon enoughpoolangya will become famous soon enoughpoolangya will become famous soon enough

voted no, they will fight each othe, it's inevitable, all the chapters and their powerups are leading to this conclusion. but i believe after the fight is over, they will immediately face a tougher challege while on the edge of exhaustion, and teaming up is teh only way to overcome it. Either Madara or something else, they will fight alongside one another to end the series. And to bring peace, one of them shall die. i see Naruto die trying to attain peace, but succeeded in regaining his friends.
poolangya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:21 PM   #10
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Why should everyone from Yondy's family die ?? Naruto won't die...

But then again, you can say the same for the Uchiha clan...hmm

I think none of them die in the end...
Old 05-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #11
poolangya
gotta catch em all

poolangya will become famous soon enoughpoolangya will become famous soon enoughpoolangya will become famous soon enough

don't worry, before naruto dies, he will have already planted seeds of the Namikaze clan into Hinata, Sakura, Konan, Anko, and even granny Tsunade. The Namikaze clan will repopulate and we will see lots of chibi-naruto with different personalities.
poolangya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to poolangya For This Useful Post:
TheSixthHokage (05-17-2009)
Old 05-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #12
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

It's hard to predict how this will ultimately turn out with Sasuke. I did, however, vote yes they will fight Madara. Whether or not they reconcile things in the end, I at least think that out of necessity, they will have to team up against Madara.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #13
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_servo View Post
It's hard to predict how this will ultimately turn out with Sasuke. I did, however, vote yes they will fight Madara. Whether or not they reconcile things in the end, I at least think that out of necessity, they will have to team up against Madara.
I think that's a near universal belief, I'd say. One of them would logically die and I'd put my money on Sasuke, but who knows? Kishimoto is kinda Disney with the Konoha 11 and Sasuke.

Sasuke's better with Team Hawk that Team Seven IMO. He's an Alpha Male, he may respect Naruto, but I am not sure there's love there anymore (platonically, anyone supporting NaruSasu can GTFO).
Old 05-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #14
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Nothing in the manga supports Naruto's death. Kishi just isn't setting up the series to end with a martyr scenario. The Ninja system is heavily interlaced with the political and economic conditions of a country.

The death of one person shattering that foundation, when so many depend on it for their very survival is down right ridiculous. If anything the series will end with a lead by example scenario.

Last edited by Dagoro; 05-17-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #15
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSixthHokage View Post
Sasuke's better with Team Hawk that Team Seven IMO. He's an Alpha Male, he may respect Naruto, but I am not sure there's love there anymore
Now that you've said that, I am pretty sure that Team 7 will never be reunited in the way that it once was. Perhaps they will join forces for a final battle, but him staying with the members of Team Hawk in the end (provided they all survive) seems pretty plausible. And Sai seems to have supplanted Sasuke nicely in the official team, perhaps not in total power or emotional bond, but he seems to fit in well.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
TheSixthHokage (05-17-2009)