Are you reminded of the Saiyans from Dragonballz when you look at the Uchiha Clan? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series

Naruto Series Talk about the most popular anime in the world right here in this section!

Old 05-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
eyesofthekyuubi1
Academy Student

eyesofthekyuubi1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you reminded of the Saiyans from Dragonballz when you look at the Uchiha Clan?

The reason I ask this is because it kind of occured to me that the Saiyans and the Uchiha clan had many similarities. For one, they look kinda similar to each other in hair and facial features. They each had special abilities compared to the others in their respective universes. Take for example, the saiyans had the natural ability to use energy blasts, or their stronger after every battle genetic, and of course the Uchiha clan has the Sharingan and its more advanced levels. They are both battle loving people (minus Itachi and Gohan). It's stated by the oldest in each the Saiyans (Vegeta) and the Uchihas (Madara) that they both had a fondness for battle.
I was just wondering on your guy's thoughts about this. They seem fairly similar to me.
eyesofthekyuubi1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: Are you reminded of the Saiyans from Dragonballz when you look at the Uchiha Clan

I have actually. Since both were warrior races and wiped out only leaving a few left. IMO, uchihas are kishis saiyans.

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
superninja
ANBU

superninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Are you reminded of the Saiyans from Dragonballz when you look at the Uchiha Clan

I see the similarities but Uchihas don't remind me of Saiyans because the Saiyans were savages and the Uchihas are more civilized and have their strict rules and protocols. So to me Saiyans are like barbarians and the Uchihas are more like Japanese feudal warriors.

Also Kin and Gin as substitute for kyuubi chakra (the greatest amount of chakra in Naruto world) is something Kishi pulled out of his ass. I lost major respect. It would be like near the end of LOTR there happens to be another slightly weaker ring and Sauron is like "that will do". It kind of shits on everything established up to that point. It kind of insults my intelligence.
superninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #4
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesofthekyuubi1 View Post
The reason I ask this is because it kind of occured to me that the Saiyans and the Uchiha clan had many similarities. For one, they look kinda similar to each other in hair and facial features. They each had special abilities compared to the others in their respective universes. Take for example, the saiyans had the natural ability to use energy blasts, or their stronger after every battle genetic, and of course the Uchiha clan has the Sharingan and its more advanced levels. They are both battle loving people (minus Itachi and Gohan). It's stated by the oldest in each the Saiyans (Vegeta) and the Uchihas (Madara) that they both had a fondness for battle.
I was just wondering on your guy's thoughts about this. They seem fairly similar to me.
Wait wait wait. You spoke of Saiyan's "special abilities" and didn't remember Oozaru or Super Saiyan?

Also, remember the Saiyans completely obliterated them crazy Tuffles, the Uchiha just lived peacefully with the rest of Konoha, making them automatic pussies compared to Saiyans.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:33 AM   #5
emachina
Jounin

emachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura about

My opinion, not really. Mind you, what you say has merit. But, the Uchihas really aren't Sayins, or Sayinesque to me. They're more like Feudal Warriors, like superninja said. Basically meaning they're based more on romanticized warriors in Japan's history. Whereas Goku, and eventually the Saiyans, were based off of Japanese mythology and folklore. And I think that's why I don't see the comparison.But regardless, interesting topic.
emachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
kunio kun
Genin

kunio kun is an unknown quantity at this point

what i see in the uchiha clan is kishi view on some part of (japanese?) society where in some long and succesfull families your life is pretty much decided the moment you're born because you have to live up to your family name and reputation,that can be seen on episodes 129 and 130 of the first naruto series in a lot of itachi dialogue
Old 06-13-2009, 12:15 AM   #7
HoboAssassin
Chuunin

HoboAssassin is on a distinguished roadHoboAssassin is on a distinguished road

The uchiha clan wasn't peaceful, they were a warring clan that was eventually became part of Konoha . I'm not gonna say more for *spoilers* but they weren't peaceful.
HoboAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:11 AM   #8
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

No.

The Saiyans arent emo races for one.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Mal (06-13-2009)