Kabuto's Motives??? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
AnbuKakashi
Chuunin

AnbuKakashi is an unknown quantity at this point
Kabuto's Motives???

Anyone have any idea what kabutos motives for being with orochimaru are?
I believe we barely know anything about him??

Any theories? Or did I miss something in a chapter?

If im not mistaken now that orochimaru is in his bosy Kabuto has knowledge of all Jutsus used by orichimaru.
AnbuKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,284 Times in 2,926 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: Kabuto's Motives???

Well, Kabuto did say he admired Naruto and how he did not let the Kyubi dictate how he lived his life, perhaps he wants to simply exist and thinks Oro was misunderstood.

All we know is that Kabuchimaru wants revenge on Sasuke, and afterwards he promised to seek out Naruto and settle things.

As for the techs, it only makes sense he'll gain Oro's attributes ( Fast healing, shadow snake tech etc ).
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuKakashi View Post
Being with him? You mean as his subordinate? If so, I think he sympathizes his cause. If you mean Orochimaru's cells in Kabuto? He's stated that he wants revenge against Sasuke, and wants to fight Naruto, as well as surpass Orochimaru.

Quote:
If im not mistaken now that orochimaru is in his bosy Kabuto has knowledge of all Jutsus used by orichimaru.
I don't know. Perhaps he does. Sasuke gained some of Orochimaru's main attributes from having Orochimaru's soul trapped in him, but we don't know what's to be gained from having his actual cells. I'd assume we'd see some generic snake techniques. What I'm hoping for is even more ridiculous regeneration and healing, as well as some more badass forbidden techniques. I also wouldn't mind if Kabuto used snakes that not only constrict, but also use poison. I also wouldn't mind seeing a successor to Manda.
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,017 Times in 587 Posts
TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough

Kabuto is one of Kishimoto's best characters as he has shown puzzling signs of humanity. For example, he healed Sakura after she was struck by the Four-tailed form of Naruto and gave information on 'Akatsuku' to Naruto, which sure both helped him in his anti-Akatsuki position but I think it says more. He, as Dagoro says, has promised to kill Sasuke, "Orochmaru's murderer," and then come back for Naruto. Besides that his motives seem to be mystery, but he'll wield most of Orochimaru's signature techniques and powers.

My assumption is he'll become a member of 'Akatsuki,' as he is not strong enough to be a lone wolf.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #5
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSixthHokage View Post
Kabuto is one of Kishimoto's best characters as he has shown puzzling signs of humanity. For example, he healed Sakura after she was struck by the Four-tailed form of Naruto and gave information on 'Akatsuku' to Naruto, which sure both helped him in his anti-Akatsuki position but I think it says more.
Um, no it doesn't say more. It's exactly what it is. Kabuto doing whatever he has to do in order to keep people alive who usually combat Akatsuki. The second he became Orochimaru's subordinate, he gave up any humanity he had.

Quote:
He, as Dagoro says, has promised to kill Sasuke, "Orochmaru's murderer," and then come back for Naruto. Besides that his motives seem to be mystery, but he'll wield most of Orochimaru's signature techniques and powers.
He's already stated what his motives are. They're no mystery.

Quote:
My assumption is he'll become a member of 'Akatsuki,' as he is not strong enough to be a lone wolf.
I can see that, most likely to get close to Sasuke.
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:01 PM   #6
Gamabunta
Chuunin

Gamabunta will become famous soon enoughGamabunta will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Any theories? Or did I miss something in a chapter?

He read the Nerds Survival Guide.
Gamabunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
Ero-Sage
Perverted Hermit

Ero-Sage will become famous soon enoughEro-Sage will become famous soon enoughEro-Sage will become famous soon enough

He was Sasori's bitch for a while to spy on Oro. Its when Oro freed him from Sasori's mind control jutsu that he decided to follow Oro and be his subordinate. Whether its out of loyalty, a way to thank Oro, or just out of sheer admiration you take your pick, but dude was and in a way still is swinging from Oro sac in a big way. Maybe he liked the medical aspect of Oro's expirements and techniques. He was a med nin with a high aptitude to start, imagine how much he's grown after all his escapades with Oro. I think he'll make a STRONG comeback...
Ero-Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #8
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Let Aka and the 5 village kill each other, and when they are weak, beat them and rule da world

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
Ero-Sage
Perverted Hermit

Ero-Sage will become famous soon enoughEro-Sage will become famous soon enoughEro-Sage will become famous soon enough

^^^Nice Avatar!!!
Ero-Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:10 PM   #10
poolangya
gotta catch em all

poolangya will become famous soon enoughpoolangya will become famous soon enoughpoolangya will become famous soon enough

^seconded.

kabuto's a die-hard orochimaru fanatic. i won't be surprised if he makes a cult and make orochimaru teh God. but yeah, his goals are semi clear as of now,to exact revenge on sasuke,and challenge naruto in a no holds barred fight. him joining akatsuki is a good option,but id rather him be a wildcard, he's better suited as a wildcard imo.
poolangya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to poolangya For This Useful Post:
Ero-Sage (06-16-2009)
Old 06-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #11
platinumrug
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,400 Posts
platinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really nice

Quote:
Kabuto is one of Kishimoto's best characters as he has shown puzzling signs of humanity. For example, he healed Sakura after she was struck by the Four-tailed form of Naruto and gave information on 'Akatsuku' to Naruto, which sure both helped him in his anti-Akatsuki position but I think it says more. He, as Dagoro says, has promised to kill Sasuke, "Orochmaru's murderer," and then come back for Naruto. Besides that his motives seem to be mystery, but he'll wield most of Orochimaru's signature techniques and powers.

Meh @ the bolded. I don't really think he'll join Akatsuki. Why wouldn't Kabuchimaru be strong enough to fuck with the strongest? He was already as strong as Kakashi pre-time skip and now with the addition of Oro's cells into him, he'll become stronger than Oro and exact his revenge on Sasuke... Or so he says.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #12
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumrug View Post
Meh @ the bolded. I don't really think he'll join Akatsuki. Why wouldn't Kabuchimaru be strong enough to fuck with the strongest? He was already as strong as Kakashi pre-time skip and now with the addition of Oro's cells into him, he'll become stronger than Oro and exact his revenge on Sasuke... Or so he says.
Yeah I am really anxious to see where he will fit into the ultimate picture once all is said and done. He has the potential to become a real powerhouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sage View Post
^^^Nice Avatar!!!
Lol, I was thinking the same goddamn thing.

Last edited by Servo; 06-15-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Ero-Sage (06-16-2009)
Old 06-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #13
platinumrug
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,400 Posts
platinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really nice

I would honestly LOVE to see Kabuchimaru as one of the final villains, I think he has a fuckload of potential to be a strong ass villain. You have a person who has the cells of a sannin level ninja, he's already powerful himself but with those cells I'm sure his skills are enhanced ten fold. He has expert medical ninjutsu, greater than Tsunade's so if he GETS injured, he could easily heal himself with the ninjutsu.

Hell and on TOP of that he has the white snake which increases his healing ability even further and he has other shits that Oro has, he's probably at this point one of the most hax people in this manga right now. I'd like to see him come back into the picture, since Sasuke AND Naruto are a lot stronger than what they were back when Kabuchimaru was introduced.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #14
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,284 Times in 2,926 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Kabuchimaru should be the zenith when it comes to " tank " nin. Oro's white snake regen + Kabuto's accelerated cell regen = Holy shit how can this guy be taken down.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
platinumrug (06-15-2009)
Old 06-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #15
poolangya
gotta catch em all

poolangya will become famous soon enoughpoolangya will become famous soon enoughpoolangya will become famous soon enough

^ FRS? damage on a molecular basis would render kabuto's uber fast regenerations + oro's white snake regen.
but yeah, kabuto would be tha "tank".
poolangya is offline   Reply With Quote