What was your thoughts when naruto first came out? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 05-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
TheJkid
Chuunin

TheJkid is on a distinguished roadTheJkid is on a distinguished road
What was your thoughts when naruto first came out?

Ok now that you've seen naruto unfold to what seems to be close to the end.
What was your first thoughts when you saw this manga/anime.

Mine were actualy of high hopes I thought it was going to be a well thought out ninja manga with more charcter development and tactics missions and not over hieghting powers charge in kill *sorry* forgiveness emo spankfest.

Its not that the anime is a bad anime i just expected it to be something differnt, the first couple of arcs were awesome. I'll even give it down to the first couple of arcs past the jump but with the sage and pain arc i was kinda disappointed.

I still enjopy reading naruto and this isn't started to cause drama I just want to know if I was the only one that had little higher expection in the managa and anime.
TheJkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
Juudaime
Son of Minato

Juudaime is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What was your thoughts when naruto first came out?

Well first time i saw Naruto anime....it was on Jetix( stupid english cuted version ) i thought it will be lame serial for children, but after i enjoyed wathing few episodes i fall in love to this manga/anime, and started watching original( with english subs) and reading manga, i wasnt thinking about how will the story continue or how it ends, i was ok with knowing that next chapter will be out next week
Old 05-30-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

when i first saw the anime i loved how alot of the characters had great backstories and that was what drove them to suceed. and the fact that instead of focusing on one charactre, many were given air time. but lately its been the opposite.

let me also add that when I first saw the trailer for naruto on cartoon network i tough it looked dumb as shit but after giving it a chance it liked it

Last edited by blake; 05-30-2009 at 09:01 PM.
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,017 Times in 587 Posts
TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
when i first saw the anime i loved how alot of the characters had great backstories and that was what drove them to suceed. and the fact that instead of focusing on one charactre, many were given air time. but lately its been the opposite
I would agree with this but I think we are bound for Kakashi and Sakura development in the near future, as Naruto and Sasuke have been developed really well so far.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
superninja
ANBU

superninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura about

When I first saw the anime i really liked it, I thought it was better than dbz. Soon after I started to read the manga coz I was hooked to the story. Then watching the anime lost it's charm coz I knew everything in advance.
Maybe part one was better than part two. On the other hand the part two still has the potential, there are many characters and possibilities left.
Actually even in part one I didn't like how during the chunin exams they were fighting to the death (Naruto/Kiba, Naruto/Neji) and then after that they were best friends when they went to retrieve Sasuke. It looked strange to me.
The whole build up from part one is kinda ruined in part two because Sasuke and Naruto dominate other ninjas from part one. So, I originally thought some characters are going to be more important to the story.

Also Kin and Gin as substitute for kyuubi chakra (the greatest amount of chakra in Naruto world) is something Kishi pulled out of his ass. I lost major respect. It would be like near the end of LOTR there happens to be another slightly weaker ring and Sauron is like "that will do". It kind of shits on everything established up to that point. It kind of insults my intelligence.
superninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
liondemon
Missing Kage

liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light

My 1st thoughts were that this is gonna be the best thing since DBZ, the only other Anime/Manga i followed. I sad, i gotta watch this boy become Hokage and i wanna see and know more of that 9 tails fox. this kid seems to be the laughing stock of the class, but he's got potential like i bet nobody else has. And i said, in the voice of Butt-Head, "This is the greatest thing i ever seen."

I actually though he was gonna grow up to be a killing machine like non other, greeatest ninja of all. Then it got all emtional, and serious at times, and he never actually killed anyone, but i still enjoyed it. I went from i though was gonna be a ninja story about the life of naruto, like DBZ was a martial art story about the life of Goku. Then Kishi started making it more complex than just some cool ninja book to read or anime to watch, and i think that's when many people's expectations raised as well. To be honest, as long as Naruto lives and keeps improving and becomes Hokage, i will always enjoy it. Im down with anything having to do with "great ninja" especially when u get to see them mature, right before your eyes, in age and skill. That's partially what made DBZ so great. U got to watch Goku actually grow up over the years. Goku never aged past a grown man of his prime. Naruto will die and old man hopefully

Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny
liondemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #7
platinumrug
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,400 Posts
platinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really nice

I remember watching one of my favorite shows on Toonami and seeing a preview for the show, and since I love ninjas, I took an interest in it. I loved it from the first episode, and then that's what I hit the manga, which actually wasn't until I had watched all of the filler episodes in Japanese with subs. After I watched all of those, I was like cool awesome, and then I read the manga and learned of fillers (sorry, never really got into the whole filler/real arc shit until Naruto) and then read the manga from there on out.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:35 PM   #8
Ero-Sage
Perverted Hermit

Ero-Sage will become famous soon enoughEro-Sage will become famous soon enoughEro-Sage will become famous soon enough

It was definitely the ninja skills and battle tactics of the first two arcs that sucked me in. I liked the cool breakaways from the scene when they illustrated explanations and techniques. That shit was badass and I thought the anime was gonna move slow and detailed which i liked. Then came fillers up the ass and, with exception of a couple entertaining ones(the ramen cookoff battle cracked my ass up), they're crap. Thats when i swicthed to the manga and caught up.

I like getting answers to mysteries but i wish Kishi would slow it down a bit and explain everyone's mysteries/secrets. Its almost as if he invested too much attention to them in the beginning and now everybody is craving more development for their fav character instead of just the main ones.
Ero-Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:16 AM   #9
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,017 Times in 587 Posts
TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough

I was very mixed until the Zabuza Arc and how Naruto was such a loser but had such determination. The fact that Sakura, his crush, was in love with his rival seemed so real to me as c'mon people, when do things match perfectly in life? Rarely.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:33 AM   #10
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

A girl I knew from another forum suggested I watch it, so one of my classmates let me borrow a box set of 1-26 from a company in China that pirates them. Watched it and like it I guess. Coming from Evangelion, it didn't exactly stack up, but all the Eva fans are old and grow up past the use of animu forums (so off to another animu site).
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:05 AM   #11
poolangya
gotta catch em all

poolangya will become famous soon enoughpoolangya will become famous soon enoughpoolangya will become famous soon enough

my first thoughts
Ninjas...jutsus...techniques...blood...g ore...
the Naruto Tv was so hyped up, i had to watch. then hooked up with the manga when i realized that all the episodes after the VOTE are fillers. my expectations were not completely met since i now think this manga's direction will have a fairytale ending, but who knows. loved this manga.
poolangya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:35 AM   #12
Relentless
Chuunin

Relentless will become famous soon enoughRelentless will become famous soon enoughRelentless will become famous soon enough

I was introduced to Naruto via the sheer amount of AMV's on Youtube... when i was looking for a song and found it but set to Naruto clips i was just thinking "Oh ffs its some shitty japanese kiddy cartoon"

But then after deciding to 'put up' with a few of these to listen to the music i decided to check it out after seeing some of the Zabuza arc (the bloody and gory parts) and decided it wasnt too bad.

赤いドラゴン
.::'~ JMan : You were the greatest and will be missed ~'::.

http://tt-rage.mybrute.com
Relentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:03 PM   #13
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

I decided to check out the first couple disks in the series from Netflix. Liked it a whole lot, then my fascination just kept gaining momentum from there. Like anything, I thought it had it's ups and downs, but I am still liking it.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:24 PM   #14
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

My first thoughts: what kind of ninja runs around in a orange jumpsuit, how the hell is he ever going to use the shadows to his advantage...
Old 05-31-2009, 12:32 PM   #15
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0systm View Post
My first thoughts: what kind of ninja runs around in a orange jumpsuit, how the hell is he ever going to use the shadows to his advantage...
Well, Naruto is dumb as a fucking stump after all. So you can't expect too much from the kid.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote