Xbox 360 RROD Repair?? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Gaming

Gaming Talk about your favorite video and pc games and console in this section!

Old 10-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
AnbuKakashi
Chuunin

AnbuKakashi is an unknown quantity at this point
Xbox 360 RROD Repair??

Hey, whats up? I was reading solutions on many sites and still to no prevail has anything worked for me. Ill list what I have done and the results so you can understand where im coming from. I dont think it needs to be sent back since many of these tricks have worked I just cant get it to stay for some reason.

I did the toothpick trick first. It worked temporaily no more than a few hours.

Then I proceeded to the the x clamp repair, Mind you I did it all right but forgot to overheat so I screwed it up.

Then a week later I did the x clamp again, and did it correctly. Here is where it gets funny. I was playing gears, It froze on screen lines were squiggly(keep in mind at this time I did not have the all the screws to the casing in Only the screws on the heat sinks with the new washers were screwed in).

Then I turned the box off then on, got one red ring, (i suppose one was better than three which i had in the first place) Unplugged everything, turned it on it worked fine for hours, then I turned it on later to play RE 5 with my roomy, and I got three red lights again.

I took it apart rescrewed peices I didnt screw on and Now I have one red light.

If I dont plug in the av I get the green power button, but I do not get the 4 green lights one by one you know the thing it does when it boots up.

Would that mean the box is recognizing power but not booting up the dashboard? Im not sure what else there is to do. I originally had a error where all i needed to do was loosen the screws i forgot the number. but now the error has changed to error 1021 which is not really identified as my research goes.

Keep in mind that my xbox is modded. I had it modded for a little over a year with no problems.

Do you think that moving it over and over and to different tv's etc could have messed something up internally?
Maybe solder the eternet port if thats even possible?
Any ideas as to what else I can do besides the sledge hammer trick?

lol I saw a funny video about that. thanks
AnbuKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Xbox 360 RROD Repair??

I think wrapping a warm towel around it is suppose to do something.

Just try sending it back in. They probably don't check that shit to see if it's modded. Probably just plug it in, see the rings, and ship you a refurbished pile of shit. What does a modded 360 do anyway?
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

THE WARM TOWEL
WILL ONLY TEMP STOP THE RROD
YOUR GONNA NEED TO
SEND IT TO MICROSOFT
TO GET IT FIXED
THEY ARE USUALLY QUICK WITH IT

cpas
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,471 Times in 3,663 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Nah, if it's modded, they won't repair it. They can tell, and it invalidates the warranty.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
sikfearless0
FALLEN HERO

sikfearless0 is a jewel in the roughsikfearless0 is a jewel in the roughsikfearless0 is a jewel in the roughsikfearless0 is a jewel in the roughsikfearless0 is a jewel in the roughsikfearless0 is a jewel in the rough

Thats funny because I just sent mine in today for the RROD. I probably won't get it back till Thanksgiving.

^Thanks NarutoFreak Jr. for making me an awesome sig

Proud Member of NaruHina FC

Proud Member of Uzumaki Naruto FC

Proud Member Of TroubleMakers FC

Proud Member Of The Official Leaf Shinobi FC

I'm Gonna Be Higher Then God!-BlackStar
sikfearless0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:45 AM   #6
AnbuKakashi
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I think wrapping a warm towel around it is suppose to do something.

Just try sending it back in. They probably don't check that shit to see if it's modded. Probably just plug it in, see the rings, and ship you a refurbished pile of shit. What does a modded 360 do anyway?
I believe your being fercicous about "what does a modded 360 do?"?
Cant send it in they have to open it to see what is wrong anf when the see the seal is already broke its a no no. lol.

Well, I realized that If I plug everything in i get one red light but if I unplug the component cables and turn it on i get a xbox coma. Meaning the dashboard does not boot.

Strange. Ive tried several different component cables since all of my roomies have a xbox lol.

Damn fuckin microsoft. guess Ill try to sodder the circuits. since its the last resort, If not ill use the famous sledge hammer trick.

@sikfearless0 was yours modded?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #7
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

It's a problem with the integrated graphics gets so hot that the sodder below it comes undone. There's a way or two to fix it, but it's best left to microsux to fix it if you can. Otherwise use the guide below to try to tighten heatsinks. I've heard of using candles to resodder as well. Not for the non-techincal.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-...ithout-towels/

I had a Xbox360 and sold it right before it completely died. Crappy engineering.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
AnbuKakashi
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease View Post
It's a problem with the integrated graphics gets so hot that the sodder below it comes undone. There's a way or two to fix it, but it's best left to microsux to fix it if you can. Otherwise use the guide below to try to tighten heatsinks. I've heard of using candles to resodder as well. Not for the non-techincal.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-...ithout-towels/

I had a Xbox360 and sold it right before it completely died. Crappy engineering.
Thanks guys I appreciate your posts. If it doesnt work ima just towel it and trade it for a ps3 XD. Jedi mind trick there asses. LOL
Old 10-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #9
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuKakashi View Post
I believe your being fercicous about "what does a modded 360 do?"?

Wut .
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #10
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,471 Times in 3,663 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

You know, fercicious. It's like being facetious and ferocious at the same time.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (10-29-2009), Miburo (10-28-2009)
Old 10-28-2009, 07:42 PM   #11
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
You know, fercicious. It's like being facetious and ferocious at the same time.
SURPRISINGLY
THAT REALLY DOES DEFINE
BIG SP00N QUITE ACURRATLY

cpas
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to balmung5000 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (10-29-2009)
Old 10-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #12
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

You know that the xbox not booting up without a visual cable connection of some sort is a built in feature of the xbox....

Bring down a ferocious Axe kick on it, that's what a man does...
Old 10-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
AnbuKakashi
Chuunin

i brought it to the oven and then the famous sledge hammer. nah jk ima temp fix it and trade it for psp if the heat gun trick does not work.

Heat gun trick is to reflow the solder. Supposed to work, for poor soldering by microsoft. and i alrdy replaced the xclamp.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #14
solidussnake
rikudo sage

solidussnake is an unknown quantity at this point

yo i have a x box 360 and it is also not working
i have done teh screw atrick and it didnt work
solidussnake is offline   Reply With Quote