Deserted Island - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Deserted Island

3 books
3 CDs
3 movies
3 games

You know the drill. Multiple volume books/games/movies count as long as they are incomplete when separate (The Lord of the Rings), and not simply sequels (Aliens, etc.)

Books
1. Bible
2. Battlefield Earth
3. Mission Earth

CDs
1. Ten Thousand Fists (Disturbed)
2. Reise, Reise (Rammstien)
3. Children 18:3 (self-titled)

Movies
1. No Country for Old Men
2. Kung Fu Hustle
3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Games
1. Oblivion
2. Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
3. Halo 3
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Deserted Island

Books:
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
The Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus
Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett

CDs:
The Mantle by Agalloch
Traced in Air by Cynic
Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth

Movies:
Good Will Hunting
The Seventh Seal
American Beauty

Games:
None. I wouldn't want to waste my time playing video games by myself.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

If you're on a deserted island how the fuck do you use the CDs, games and movies? I would have thought the usual premise of a lonely deserted island would be that there would be no electricity, and unless someone's' utterly paranoid they wouldn't be taking solar generators or any shit like that to compensate.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
RNB
El Topo

RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Your not supposed to ask questions, dumbass. The point really is, if you could just have 3 movies, cds, books, and games which would you pick?

- Heraclitus
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RNB For This Useful Post:
JBoogie (07-21-2009), Mal (07-20-2009)
Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Why not just ask that?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #6
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu men View Post
If you're on a deserted island how the fuck do you use the CDs, games and movies? I would have thought the usual premise of a lonely deserted island would be that there would be no electricity, and unless someone's' utterly paranoid they wouldn't be taking solar generators or any shit like that to compensate.
If you're on a deserted island why would you bother reading instead of trying to escape?

Quote:
Why not just ask that?
Because you're dumb.
This question is just a more pressing "What are your three favourite..." because you can have only your favourite.
Also, "Deserted Island" is standard.
On top of that, it's a "deserted" island, not a "desert" island.

Last edited by Mal; 07-20-2009 at 05:48 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
RNB (07-20-2009), Sevi (07-20-2009), Tabris (07-20-2009), zer0systm (07-20-2009)
Old 07-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

I didn't realise that to be asked, "if you could have your three favourites of this and that, and only those three, what would they be?" required such a tiresome role play.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #8
Mal
Scotch

Seriously dude, I didn't even ask a question. I titled the thread and, made some categories, wrote "You know the drill." and stipulated some minor details. Your less "tiresome" method requires both more typing and more reading.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
RNB (07-20-2009), Sevi (07-20-2009)
Old 07-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #9
RNB
El Topo

Quote:
I didn't realise that to be asked, "if you could have your three favourites of this and that, and only those three, what would they be?" required such a tiresome role play.
Communication is two-way.

- Heraclitus
Old 07-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #10
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

STUPID DEBATE IS STUPID

AS EXPECTED IN A STUPID THREAD

cpas
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #11
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

But you did imply it. And you're assuming that I consider something that is "tiresome" to actually be longer or more verbose. I might instead believe that an irritating thread is one which lacks clarity or procrastinates over an issue at hand - something that is easily achieved with fewer words as it is with too many.

Really though, I just found the whole deserted island theme a bit over done, I'd have preferred the suggestion of a gun being put to your head and being asked to choose. Or something actually original.

1. Heart of Darkness
2. Nineteen Eighty-Four
3. Hamlet (assuming any literature can count)

1. Wonderful Rainbow (Lightning Bolt)
2. Rossz csillag allat szuletett (Venetian Snares)
3. Return to Cookie Mountain (TV on the Radio)

1. Metropolis
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Fifth Element

1. Civilization IV
2. Medieval 2: Total War
3. GTA San Andreas
Old 07-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #12
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

RNB: Don't you think Waiting for Godot a bit IRONIC for this particular situation?
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkAztek For This Useful Post:
RNB (07-20-2009), Shrike (07-21-2009)
Old 07-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #13
Mal
Scotch

I implied what? Something standard that most people will quickly grasp as opposed to something that pleases your particular taste? Should I first seek your approval for the next thread I make, before I inexplicably offend you by asking a question incorrectly?
Old 07-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #14
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I implied what? Something standard that most people will quickly grasp as opposed to something that pleases your particular taste? Should I first seek your approval for the next thread I make, before I inexplicably offend you by asking a question incorrectly?
Yes lol.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:20 PM   #15
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Movies=Man on Fire, Cinderella Man
Games=METAL GEAR SOLID SERIES
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
JBoogie (07-21-2009), manta (07-21-2009), Shrike (07-21-2009), The Madness (07-20-2009)