2012 Movie - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Movies & Television

Movies & Television Talk about your favorite classic or new movies here and also talk about your favorite television shows!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #31
Lalalila
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moon
Posts: 1,748
Thanks: 365
Thanked 1,101 Times in 752 Posts
Lalalila will become famous soon enoughLalalila will become famous soon enough
Re: 2012 Movie

well, maybe that astrologer is talking bullshit :-)
Lalalila is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 12-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #32
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,723
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2012 Movie

"Maybe"? lolwut?
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:13 AM   #33
aeondrift
Genin
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 292
Thanks: 25
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
aeondrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2012 Movie

Why do you feel the need to be obnoxious to everyone? Ego trip?
aeondrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:42 AM   #34
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,723
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2012 Movie

Not at all. I'm only trying to help others understand their own mistakes so that they can better themselves. I just happen to be an asshole about it because it's so much more entertaining than being nice.

Last edited by Mal; 12-04-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Servo (12-04-2009)
Old 12-04-2009, 05:16 AM   #35
aeondrift
Genin
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 292
Thanks: 25
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
aeondrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2012 Movie

Ok...noted
However, it might not always work too well by pushing others into a 'defensive mode' IMHO...

Last edited by aeondrift; 12-04-2009 at 05:18 AM.
aeondrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:38 AM   #36
Vanity
Succumb
 
Vanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 928
Thanks: 3,426
Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice
Re: 2012 Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeondrift View Post
Ok...noted
However, it might not always work too well by pushing others into a 'defensive mode' IMHO...
They rage and Mal roffles. I'm failing to see your point.
__________________
My nerves are bad to-night.
Yes, bad.
Stay with me.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
Mal (12-04-2009)
Old 12-04-2009, 06:55 AM   #37
aeondrift
Genin
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 292
Thanks: 25
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
aeondrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2012 Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
They rage and Mal roffles. I'm failing to see your point.
I was obviously responding to what he mentioned here:-
"I'm only trying to help others understand their own mistakes so that they can better themselves."
aeondrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:00 PM   #38
Darth-Nero
Victory!
 
Darth-Nero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Egypt
Age: 26
Posts: 175
Thanks: 2,614
Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012 Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miho_san View Post
movie seems alarming though... what if it it will really happen??? a friend of mine said that the chinese calendar also ends in 2012...

however, i have to watch the movie. i kinda like these kinds of eye-openers... they kinda amuse me...


My calendar ends on December 31, 2009. I do not interpret that to mean the world is going to end that day.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
aeondrift (12-05-2009)
Old 12-05-2009, 12:26 AM   #39
aeondrift
Genin
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 292
Thanks: 25
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
aeondrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2012 Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Nero View Post
My calendar ends on December 31, 2009. I do not interpret that to mean the world is going to end that day.
Precisely! Furthermore, I'm Chinese but I do not think our lunar-based calendar ends in 2012 at all.
aeondrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:23 AM   #40
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,723
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2012 Movie

What I learned a while ago but never mentioned: The Mayan calendar "ends" because the Mayans had a finite number system, so when the years reach the end of their numbers they loop around back to 0 and begin a new "era".
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (12-07-2009), Servo (12-07-2009)
Old 12-07-2009, 06:03 AM   #41
T9F
OOOH CHAMPAGNE
 
T9F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 284
Thanks: 1,414
Thanked 1,124 Times in 407 Posts
T9F will become famous soon enoughT9F will become famous soon enoughT9F will become famous soon enough
Re: 2012 Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
What I learned a while ago but never mentioned: The Mayan calendar "ends" because the Mayans had a finite number system, so when the years reach the end of their numbers they loop around back to 0 and begin a new "era".
!!!! i want it to loop around to 0. then when i get old and have grandchildren i can be like "yeah... i lived in the 2000's, BEFORE 0!" and my grandkids will be like "damn grandma ur ancient!" that would be epic. haha
T9F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:56 AM   #42
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,723
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2012 Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech N9ne Fan View Post
!!!! i want it to loop around to 0. then when i get old and have grandchildren i can be like "yeah... i lived in the 2000's, BEFORE 0!" and my grandkids will be like "damn grandma ur ancient!" that would be epic. haha
Well you'll still have plenty of time after this era (the 13th) ends, because there are still the 14th through 20th eras.

Quote:
Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the last day of the 13th b'ak'tun. But that is not the end of the Long Count because the 14th through 20th b'ak'tuns are still to come.
-Wikipedia
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Direct Download and Bittorent Sites!!!! H_I Anime & Manga 380 01-04-2012 04:57 AM
help finding anime chisengan Anime & Manga 12 04-19-2009 02:21 AM
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - New Star Wars Movie sasuke_power Movies & Television 19 09-15-2008 09:04 AM
Elfen Lied - the movie! Peralisc[TGS] Anime & Manga 18 11-07-2006 11:15 PM
ATHF the movie info and more... Satoku Movies & Television 5 04-15-2006 05:00 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.