I got me a flatus problem - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here that does not fit the other categories.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #1
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
I got me a flatus problem

About three weeks ago, I decided that I should try and get in better shape. To prove my commitment to myself, I went to a GNC and asked the health guys there what I would need to do in order to build up some muscle mass. See, I planned to do a lot of running and whatnot but I know that doesn't do a heck of a lot unless done in excess... So I wanted to bulk up a bit as well.

He sold me some of that 100% whey protein, I got some dumbbell weights, and I've tried to cut back on carbs and fatty stuff. So far I've been pretty good about it and I exercise a lot, eat right, and etc.

Now here's the problem: That whey protein stuff is giving me the craziest case of mud butt. I was always a little gassy but lately I have fart attacks once a day. I shit about 2 times a day and it's not always pretty. I'm not sick and I'm fairly certain it's just the protein excess that has been giving me a one way ticket to Shit City.

So... What can I do to counteract these effects? Anyone who takes protein shake stuff, lemme know if you get similar results. Right now I take between 2-3 shakes a day with each one containing 20g of protein. I don't really want to cut back because I have been feeling healthier (except for the flatulence).

WHAAAAAAAAT to do?
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
Azumi
유아쿨입유캔리드디스

Location: In the land of rubbershoes and dirty ice cream... ;o)
Azumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really nice
Re: I got me a flatus problem

I'd say eat some bananas. ; )

I LOL'D.
삳 압. 유 아 이스투피드.
Azumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
Isomorphic
Metaphorical Fugue

Isomorphic is on a distinguished road

My poops sick! It's like pouring out a 50lbs bag of wet top-soil!?!

No seriously I have been through this. I use to wrestle in high school, and after having to cut down a weight class for a meet. I had to regain it for the next one. Whey protein was part of that regiment. Unfortunately the affects of large protein intakes differ from person to person. The shits however are usually common to all. You may be taking more than your body is use to processing, and the extra is coming out in a brown waterfall. I have been told many times that eventually your body acclimates to it. That can take along time though (To long to have diarrhea). Like Azumi said bananas are good, so is yogurt and black tea. What I did was switch to a soy protein compound. That worked for me. Like I said though everyone can react differently to it.

Isomorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Dunno, I did the same thing and had a similar experience. I increased my protein intake and my shit just started acting weird. My shit is okay now and I'm still taking in protein (not mostly artificial, though) and I guess that's just the body getting used to it.

As for a solution other than GET USED TO IT FAGGOT, I would say uh, random shot in the dark, increase fiber intake? Idunno. I figure fiber helps with shit.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

Whey is a cheese production byproduct, so if you are sensitive to dairy products or you just don't digest this protein well I'd say go for casein-based or mixed protein. It's a more gradual digestion, but it works well too. Cheap whey proteins also cause problems, but you can avoid that by going with Optimum Nutrition, Gaspari Nutrition, MuscleTech, BSN, or some of the more well known companies.

I like BSN Syntha-6 personally. Whey tastes horrible even if you buy top of the line. You might also want to buy a cheap tub of creatine monohydarate (brand doesn't matter because it is a homogenious product with no filler). Just toss two table spoons into any drink (because it doesn't have a taste or color). You'll bulk up fast, and it doesn't have the fart problem.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #6
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

Waaaiiit... I was told by the GNC guy that the whey protein didn't have any lactose stuff in it. I think FG might have hit the nail on the head, seeing as how I'm lactose intolerant. Until I finish this tub (I paid like, $20 for the fucker) I think I'll try out the bananas.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkAztek For This Useful Post:
Azumi (09-03-2009)
Old 09-26-2009, 04:08 AM   #7
SireWolf
Academy Student

SireWolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Start having Bran cereal bran muffins ect ect. Bananas will also help. also there is anti flatulence medicen that you can buy without a perscription like beano or pepto bismol. Your body is not used to handing that kind of protien so but it will pass unless you have a low lactos tollerancy, if so you should try a multi protien
Old 09-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #8
DarkAztek
Sand Man

I did some research. Turns out that having some dairy protein is not bad, what my stomach reacts to is the dairy sugar. To help digest this stuff, I ended up getting a multienzyme formula and I think it's doing the trick pretty well.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #9
Tanya=^^=
Forest Gnome

Tanya=^^= is on a distinguished roadTanya=^^= is on a distinguished road

Hummm, I wouldn't suggest you take these products. These aren't regulated by the FDA, plus, 60 grams of protein a day only from shakes is TOO much for your body, and that doesn't include protein from the diet!!! Large amounts of protein can kill your kidneys, the recomended amount of protein for someone who's an athlete is around 1.5 grams of protein per kg of body weight, and that's for athletes!!! For a person who's trying to improve overall physical condition and moderate muscle mass I would recomend 1.2 grams of protein per kg of body weight, when you start increasing your weight training then you can go as high as 1.5 gr of protein per kg of body weight. Protein can be covered 100% WITH THE DIET ALONE, don't waste your money on these things!!! Eat chicken breast, lean beef, fish, eggwhites, skim milk, yogurt, low fat cheese and you're good to go. 1 ounce (30 grms) of meat (wether is beef, chicken, pork or fish) contains 7 grams of protein. If you eat too much protein, it will not be used to build muscle, it will be used only as fuel and you'll also hurt your kidneys. Also, another common mistake in weight training DO NOT CUT CARBS!!! glucose is the main fuel for muscle contraction, so don't eliminate them from your diet, just replace the bad ones for healthy ones. Wich ones are bad? Sugary products like breakfast cereals with sugar, cookies, pies, ice cream, candies, etc (all the good stuff, sorry) You can have potatoes, rice, pasta, etc. Trust me, these aren't bad, though if you want to burn some fat I would recomend you try the versions with fiber (whole grain pasta, brown rice, whole grain bread, etc) Oatmeal is a very good choice too, it contains fiber and complexe carbs to fuel your body. Eat more fruits and veggies (As I'm sure you already do), drink lots of water and you'll be set. If you have more questions I'd be happy to help, I'm a nutritionist and if there's anything I can do for you just let me know.
Cuando seguimos por el camino de la Verdad somos conscientes también de que lo que ocurre en nuestro interior es mucho más importante que lo que hemos dejado atrás o lo que ven nuestros ojos. Pues lo que sentimos en nuestro interior es nuestro mayor tesoro, la grandeza del universo en sí mismo.
La princesa que creía en cuentos de hadas

Last edited by Tanya=^^=; 10-11-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Tanya=^^= is offline   Reply With Quote