The Marijuana Subject - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here that does not fit the other categories.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 07:45 PM   #31
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄
 
Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Silent Hill
Posts: 5,156
Thanks: 7,863
Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: The Marijuana Subject

Ashashins?
Oh no you won't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashshashin

Do read before posting shit. They smoked to calm down? Holy fuck.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Miburo (09-20-2009)


Old 09-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #32
DarkAztek
Sand Man
 
DarkAztek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 31
Posts: 3,324
Thanks: 64
Thanked 582 Times in 189 Posts
DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Re: The Marijuana Subject

Hurm, know what? You changed my mind about something I wrote earlier: People like you arguing for the legalization of marijuana are the main reason why it is still illegal.

I'm handing out infractions for those of you that blatantly flamed here and got the post reported. You guys need to cool it and not resort to ad-hominem, no matter how bad you think the other person's post is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihademon91 View Post
ok... like i said in my first post toward the end...... marijuana is NOT for everybody. some people have negative effects such as high paronoia and anxiety attacks. just like how some people have lethal allergic reactions. some just can't handle it.
Great... Except when I talked about overdosing, that goes for everyone. Your dopamine receptors in your brain WILL cause the effects I described and can be exceptionally dangerous to ANYONE who has not already overloaded them in the past (making them more numb to the sensation). Don't believe me? Give up smoking pot for 2 months. Then get some really strong shit and smoke 2 grams to your face. Lemme know what happens.

Quote:
for assassins.... ya your comparing them to the trips that a high school kid has, they get paranoid very easily. assassin are trained killers. if you smoke a joint, in quite a few people, it helps you to relax and process the situation. these were highly trained people, not little kids. they smoked ganja on the regular and were very used to any effects. they dont go and smoke 3 blunts and 6 bowls. they smoked a small bowl or so and proceeded. look it up.
Regardless on whether or not an assassin is a trained killer, MARIJUANA SLOWS DOWN YOUR REFLEXES, CHANGES YOUR PERCEPTION, CAN CAUSE AUDIO AND VISUAL HALLUCINATIONS, AND MAKES YOU FORGETFUL. Do any of those effects sound IDEAL for someone like an assassin? It's even worse if they've been smoking their whole lives seeing as how frequently using pot has some long-term debilitating effects on the body, lung capacity, and a zillion other things.

Oh holy God, why am I even arguing this point? The Internet has ruined me. I am not going to look this up. You made the claim, the burden of proof is on you.

Quote:
maybe for you you get a little more racy and a little paranoid. but for a lot of people i know, and for my self personally, my body and mind are very relaxed under the influence. it is not addictive to all. to some sure, they get hooked on that feeling because of their own insecurities in reality. i smoked every day just about and quit cold turkey for a couple months then picked up again and quit for a few more months. so its not addictive to all, to some. its not for everybody.
Okay, you are arguing from personal experience. I'm not. Again, I am an AVID marijuana smoker and I enjoy it quite a bit. The facts of the matter are that it is an addictive substance in the same way lots of things are addictive. Alcoholism, gambling problems, addiction to porn, or any other million things can happen. I am not saying that every person who smokes pot will get addicted, what I am saying is that you are only looking at one HALF of why people become addicted to things. Mental conditions, making things into a habit, oral fixation, and 10 million and one other reasons exist as to why people get hooked on pot sometimes.

Plus doesn't it seem funny that you are arguing that it is not addictive, yet you keep going back to it? You say you stop smoking but eventually go back. Know what AA calls that? Falling off the wagon.

Quote:
you cant make general statements like that. because they dont apply to everybody. like i said in my first post. marijuana isn't for evrybody, people handle the effects differently and they can vary vastly from one individual to another.

dont say that marijuana takes a hold of your life... like its an absolute fact. because that is straight ignorance. i started to smoke marijuana in the 7th grade. after i started i continued to get high test scores and my grades still remained above average. for me, it helped to change my perspective. it made me a kinder and more realistic person. it helped me realize what i find important in this world. it just helped, it wasn't the sole cause. so dont say that it will ruin your life and control you. you sound like one of those above the influence commercials which are completely retarded and i laugh my ass off every time i see them, at their corporate funded bullshit. if you want to talk about any "drug taking over someones life, talk about any prescription drug or any drug made in a lab. they try to focus on marijuana. its crystal meth, cocaine, heroin, extacy, shrooms, all the hardcore drugs that truly ruin peoples lives
Jeez, should I list the number of logical fallacies in this post? No, I don't have that kind of time.

You are arguing from personal experience, not facts. You say it is great for you? Wonderful. It isn't great for everyone and it does not have the same effects on everyone. It IS a drug and guess what? Not every drug should be wildly available to whomever wants it. Also, I really don't think you read my post. Try again and get back to me.

Quote:
so dont apply your opinions to every body who smokes because it doesnt apply. i dont apply my opinions in general statements like that. its that kind of narrow thinking thats frustrating.
What. No, no. You just argued ENTIRELY from your own personal experience as to why it should be legal. Don't you bloody dare try and say that you opinion is correct because, after all, the only thing you have presented here in this thread is an opinion.

Plus hey, it's obvious that the drug does have a very bad side effect on you: You never shut up about completely off topic and inane shit. You couldn't focus enough to even read my post, much less argue against it.

Quote:
@ mal.......oh wow.... you named 2 countries and 2 states where salvia is banned. i just bought some salvia out of a smoke shop over here in california just last month. they sell all the potencies as well. there are plenty of places to purchase salvia.
This is further proof that you don't actually read posts. Congrats, you lose. Marijuana is illegal and me and all of the other relatively intelligent stoners are super pissed at you. Womp womp womp, you lose a life and have to start over from the beginning of the level.



Salvia info: http://www.sagewisdom.org/legalstatus.html
That's 15 states where it is illegal for consumption. Wanna guess on how many are working on making it illegal? I'll give you a hint: It's somewhere between 34 and 35.


Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhateverhisnameis
Smoking a cigarette is, in every way, worse for you than smoking an equal amount of pot.
Actually that is not true. Marijuana has a much higher combustion rate than tobacco, meaning that it is a LOT hotter going into your throat.

Also, seeing as how marijuana isn't legal, it goes through a lot of hands to get to you. Hell, you buy it in a wadded up baggie from some sketchy dude who thinks that assassins smoke bud to get better at killing. Who knows what could potentially be added to it? It's unregulated and unprotected.
__________________
[CENTER]
Nam Myōhō Renge Kyō[/CENTER]
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkAztek For This Useful Post:
Mal (09-21-2009), Miburo (09-20-2009), Tzu Men (09-21-2009)
Old 09-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #33
uchihademon91
Chuunin
 
uchihademon91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 529
Thanks: 64
Thanked 123 Times in 93 Posts
uchihademon91 is on a distinguished roaduchihademon91 is on a distinguished road
Re: The Marijuana Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadness0308 View Post
So, you are saying that in an argument, because it is on an internet forum with people of greater intelligence than yourself you don't care about it?

Then why, may I ask, are you still here?

I don't know a single person here either, but I'm not going to babble on like a fucking idiot (you) on a subject I am ill-informed on.


And as for you saying you 'argued' with me on certain points, you didn't. I actually agreed with what you had to say. Just that you didn't articulate the argument properly. Which pissed me off. Since if someone I share a belief or idea with is too retarded to speak like a semi-intelligent human being for it. Then that's just fucking stupid since it hurts the argument.


Go suck a choad.
what im saying is i dont care if you think im smart based on the vocab i use, im not one to use high vocabulary in the first place, i can, i just find it annoying. i like to use " simple english " if you will, thats just how i am simple.


i didnt articulate it properly... as in use fancy words.... but the point remains the same, no matter what words you use. the particular paragraph in question, that your referring to, has the same point it would if explained in a two to three page essay.

so if you feel the need, to make your self feel smarter by using your fancy language, cuz ime 2oo damn darn dum to go and use the higher vocab provided, then go right ahead.

but if your argument is just because i didn't use the proper vocab, adjectives, sentence structure, punctuation, etc. you need to get a hold of your self there, and stop trying to make your self seem so superior, because your not.

the only thing that i might have been ill- informed on was the assassin thing, which was such a small part of the whole topic, why you guys are even bringing this into consideration is questionable.


and if you'd like to prove your of greater intelligence, i'd love to hear how you would go about this. if you dont mind i'd love to see a how super genius such as yourself would re-write those three sentences or so. try to keep it as short as possible. a genius such as yourself shouldn't have too much trouble with that. so you can ultimately prove to your ego your greater intelligence.
__________________
"We define reality as what we accept as truth and correct. What is truth, what is it to be correct."- Itachi Uchiha

Last edited by uchihademon91; 09-20-2009 at 09:07 PM.
uchihademon91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #34
The Madness
Passion Rules
 
The Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MA, US
Age: 25
Posts: 1,102
Thanks: 2,548
Thanked 4,648 Times in 1,771 Posts
The Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really nice
Re: The Marijuana Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek View Post

Actually that is not true. Marijuana has a much higher combustion rate than tobacco, meaning that it is a LOT hotter going into your throat.

Also, seeing as how marijuana isn't legal, it goes through a lot of hands to get to you. Hell, you buy it in a wadded up baggie from some sketchy dude who thinks that assassins smoke bud to get better at killing. Who knows what could potentially be added to it? It's unregulated and unprotected.

From every source I have read, and heard pot has less carcinogens and less addictive substances in it.

As for safety to what's been added to it... well when I've bought it in the past I bought from a trusted friend. So I never got anything that was laced, or dirty or whatever the fuck you are talking about.


If I still smoked, I would definitely not be prone to buying off of sketchy hash-assins.
The Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #35
uchihademon91
Chuunin
 
uchihademon91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 529
Thanks: 64
Thanked 123 Times in 93 Posts
uchihademon91 is on a distinguished roaduchihademon91 is on a distinguished road
Re: The Marijuana Subject

@darkaztek

all the posts related to personal experience, are only to show that the claims you made dont apply to everyone. not only my experience but the experience of people i know do not follow the ones portrayed by your post. in your post you gave the impression that your words were implied to everyone.

to overdose you need to consume an incredible amount of marijuana. slight dosages over a period of time, will not cause an overdose to the dopamine receptors. the only factors marijuana really effects with the dopamine receptors, is our memory function, and slight motor functions. this is compared to medicines prescribed and bought over the counter, who can kill with a slight overdose of a few extra pills.


i do strongly agree with your point, which was that not everything should be widely available to those who want it. which is a main reason why it wont be legalized. the main point of the thread was to show that marijuana is not illegal because of its effects.

just forget the assassin thing completely.... why you guys are sticking to that so hard is past my logic. the point of the assassin topic was what the government officials were saying. which was that marijuana will cause you to go into an intense rage and kill any body you meet. this is not true correct??

cigarettes are ten times more harmful than than a marijuana joint. not in every way but they are none the less. the combustion level is very high for marijuana. im not sure if it is higher than a cigarette. all smoke will damage the throat and lungs. no matter what its from, the barbeque or an industrial factory. the chemical content and potency of a cigarette is much more deadly than marijuana. those who smoke marijuana all their life aren't very susceptable to cancer, but cigarette tobacco is almost sure fire to cause cancer. you cant really say marijuana is as harmful as a cigarette.
__________________
"We define reality as what we accept as truth and correct. What is truth, what is it to be correct."- Itachi Uchiha
uchihademon91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #36
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Marijuana Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihademon91 View Post
@ milburo



the first statement implies it is addictive to every one, and that it will easily take over anyones life who uses it. which is completely bogus.
It doesn't imply that at all. Lrn2read



Quote:
the second paragraph is also not true. for me personally it does not falter my physical ability to perform a task. Your heart rate is only increased by 50% if you are experiencing a case of paranoia, which does not happen to all, but to some. if your heart rate were to increase for any other reason, then it completely negates the first thing said in his paragraph. if your hear rate increases, it gets the blood moving faster through your whole body. this, in turn, will cause the body to release certain chemicals. these chemicals, such as adrenaline, will increase reflex functions and improve the bodies physical capabilities. so think again before you put contradicting thoughts into your post.
You're saying that smoking weed can actually increase reflexes and improve your body's physical capabilities? Ohohoho, link me to the scientific evidence supporting this.

Ignoring the rest of that shit, since DA already stomped your face in. Prove your claim with evidence, or shut up. Go.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
The Madness (09-20-2009)
Old 09-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #37
The Madness
Passion Rules
 
The Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MA, US
Age: 25
Posts: 1,102
Thanks: 2,548
Thanked 4,648 Times in 1,771 Posts
The Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really nice
Re: The Marijuana Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihademon91 View Post
what im saying is i dont care if you think im smart based on the vocab i use, im not one to use high vocabulary in the first place, i can, i just find it annoying. i like to use " simple english " if you will, thats just how i am simple.


i didnt articulate it properly... as in use fancy words.... but the point remains the same, no matter what words you use. the particular paragraph in question, that your referring to, has the same point it would if explained in a two to three page essay.

so if you feel the need, to make your self feel smarter by using your fancy language, cuz ime 2oo damn darn dum to go and use the higher vocab provided, then go right ahead.

but if your argument is just because i didn't use the proper vocab, adjectives, sentence structure, punctuation, etc. you need to get a hold of your self there, and stop trying to make your self seem so superior, because your not.

the only thing that i might have been ill- informed on was the assassin thing, which was such a small part of the whole topic, why you guys are even bringing this into consideration is questionable.


and if you'd like to prove your of greater intelligence, i'd love to hear how you would go about this. if you dont mind i'd love to see a how super genius such as yourself would re-write those three sentences or so. try to keep it as short as possible. a genius such as yourself shouldn't have too much trouble with that. so you can ultimately prove to your ego your greater intelligence.


If you honestly think that the way I write is in any way, shape or form 'fancy' then you are more retarded than I originally suspected. I am one of the least articulate oafs on this site. I use horrible HORRIBLE punctuation, words that probably are being used way out of context and oh ya, I'm full of shit 99% of the time.


But you take it to a whole new level. You are trying to make your case that weed should be legal, right?


Then why wouldn't you, as an advocate for your cause, want to seem as intelligent as possible?

I mean, the legality of marijuana is considered a touchy subject by many. With such strong opposition to it, I'd assume you'd want to make the best case possible for it.

Like I said before, it's not even CLOSE that I don't agree with what you are trying to promote. It's just that you, personally, make me want to disagree with it. Since it's people like YOU who make this an even more difficult case to make. (In favor of legalization, or at the least de-criminalization)


Also, I am writing this post while playing Call of Duty, so suck it if it's not as profound as you might have hoped.



I, personally, would love for it to be legalized. It would help this country out AFUCKINGLOT....

...but it's not really as easy as that, since there are (like I've already said) too many idiot stoners out there who would become even greater abusers of the drug. It would actually hurt society in my opinion.

Decriminalization, however, would keep our jails a little emptier by not locking up every dumb ass who gets caught with a little bit of weed.

While still maintaining plenty of law against it.


Back to call of duty now.
The Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Madness For This Useful Post:
Miburo (09-20-2009)
Old 09-20-2009, 10:30 PM   #38
uchihademon91
Chuunin
 
uchihademon91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 529
Thanks: 64
Thanked 123 Times in 93 Posts
uchihademon91 is on a distinguished roaduchihademon91 is on a distinguished road
Re: The Marijuana Subject

at milburo

ya, his statemet does imply that, why dont you learn to read. even though that may not have been what he implied. he said that it IS addictive, that form of sentence structure implies that it is addictive to every body, the use of the word "is" proves this. it is not addictive to every body, it lacks the chemical capacity to do so, and as for the many other reasons things can become addictive, those reasons can apply to anything, not to marijuana specifically. he also says it can easily take over your life, this phrase implies that it will take over anyones life who smokes it. the word "can" negates this theory, but by adding easily, it implies it is certain that it will take over your life, the only variable there will be the difficulty in which it does so, whether it be easy or hard.

from what he said... yes marijuana would actually increase physical ability, such as strength and reflex. he said that it speeds up your heart rate by 50%. when your heart rate is increased your body reacts by releasing different hormones and chemicals which will act to improve your bodies physical capacity. increased heart rate is not a direct effect of marijuana although, in some cases, it can cause some people to have the sensation of paranoia and anxiety, and that in turn can cause increased heart rate. but those are only in some cases. marijuana will not increase your heart rate every time you use it

@at themadness

from what i can tell... the only reason you slandered that statement was because it lacked con's ( which i agree to an extent, a semi-persuasive statement gives off the effect of lacking intelligence, if you do not weigh the pro's and cons of the subject. because it gives a biased opposition.) i was more or less going under the assumption that society could handle it, and what the resulting aftermath could be. ( true i shoulda said that but, i didnt)

but it was a quick jot down ideal (the one in question).

ya, yours is not really all that great either.

no, this thread was not necessarily opened to exploit legalization. i would more or less put it under the 'informative' category.... if you look at the first thread it starts with informative statements. although i did start to kinda go into a biased direction. agreed not down to a tee in detail but gives the overall gist of the reason why its illegal. thats wut the thread was, to discuss the reasons why its illegal. not to try and make it legal.

because i agree, it probably wont be legal, ever. which is ok with me frankly, im just going to get a cannibus card for a back injury anyway. when im out and about i see that the majority of people dont know why its illegal. they all think its illegal solely because of the effects it causes, which is not true. the thing that really kinda grinds me are those above the influence commercials, they are a joke.

the whole assassins thing is stupid.... i find that i was misinformed on the subject.... none the less that was not the point of bringing up the assassins. the point was to focus on what government officials were declaring in their meetings, which was that marijuana causes people to go into a blood-lusted rage killing all in sight.
__________________
"We define reality as what we accept as truth and correct. What is truth, what is it to be correct."- Itachi Uchiha

Last edited by uchihademon91; 09-20-2009 at 11:01 PM.
uchihademon91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:43 PM   #39
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Marijuana Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihademon91 View Post
at milburo

ya, his statemet does imply that, why dont you learn to read. even though that may not have been what he implied. he said that it IS addictive, that form of sentence structure implies that it is addictive to every body, the use of the word "is" proves this. it is not addictive to every body, it lacks the chemical capacity to do so, and as for the many other reasons things can become addictive, those reasons can apply to anything, not to marijuana specifically. he also says it can easily take over your life, this phrase implies that it will take over anyones life who smokes it. the word "can" negates this theory, but by adding easily, it implies it is certain that it will take over your life, the only variable there will be the difficulty in which it does so, whether it be easy or hard.
If I said gambling is addictive, that wouldn't mean everyone who gambles would become addicted to gambling. Some people do become addicted to gambling though. Therefore the statement is correct. Gambling can be addictive; therefore it is addictive. Again, that doesn't imply in any way that everyone will become addicted though. Same thing applies here. He was right, and said nothing erroneous.

You interpreted wrong, because you fail at reading comprehension. There was no "everyone," "all people," "everybody," etc. anywhere in his statement. You fucked up. Easy shit. Come the fuck on.
Quote:
from what he said... yes marijuana would actually increase physical ability, such as strength and reflex. he said that it speeds up your heart rate by 50%. when your heart rate is increased your body reacts by releasing different hormones and chemicals which will act to improve your bodies physical capacity. increased heart rate is not a direct effect of marijuana although, in some cases, it can cause some people to have the sensation of paranoia and anxiety, and that in turn can cause increased heart rate. but those are only in some cases. marijuana will not increase your heart rate every time you use it
Sources? Quote your sources and post the links where you got the quotes from. I don't care what you have to say about human physiology, because there is no reason to assume that you know shit about shit. You've admitted that your information was wrong on at least one thing already. You're not a credible source of information. If you're going to make claims, then provide proof supporting you claims. I'm skeptical, and rightfully so. Put up or shut up.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:10 AM   #40
uchihademon91
Chuunin
 
uchihademon91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 529
Thanks: 64
Thanked 123 Times in 93 Posts
uchihademon91 is on a distinguished roaduchihademon91 is on a distinguished road
Re: The Marijuana Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post


Sources? Quote your sources and post the links where you got the quotes from. I don't care what you have to say about human physiology, because there is no reason to assume that you know shit about shit. You've admitted that your information was wrong on at least one thing already. You're not a credible source of information. If you're going to make claims, then provide proof supporting you claims. I'm skeptical, and rightfully so. Put up or shut up.
so your trying to say that increased heart rate doesnt cause the body to move quicker. its common knowledge that if you get your heart pumping, it allows your body to increase its physical capacity. thus the reason for a warm up before any exercise. it circulates the blood quicker allowing your body to move faster. but smoking marijuana doesnt cause a direct increase in heart rate
__________________
"We define reality as what we accept as truth and correct. What is truth, what is it to be correct."- Itachi Uchiha
uchihademon91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:22 AM   #41
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Marijuana Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihademon91 View Post
so your trying to say that increased heart rate doesnt cause the body to move quicker. its common knowledge that if you get your heart pumping, it allows your body to increase its physical capacity. thus the reason for a warm up before any exercise. it circulates the blood quicker allowing your body to move faster. but smoking marijuana doesnt cause a direct increase in heart rate
No, I'm asking you to post proof of your claims. At this point, I'd like to see you find something that proves that increasing heart rate CAUSES the body to move quicker.

You're saying:

Heart rate ^ = > physical capacity. Meaning that your heart rate going up directly causes someone to become faster, and increases his physical limits. So don't go posting something that says heart rate increases to meet oxygen demands from the rest of the body, or anything else like that, because that's not what you're saying here. You're saying that if my heart rate goes up it will cause my body to become faster. If it's common knowledge, like you suggest, it should be really fucking easy for you to post some quotes and sources.

Quote:
for me personally it does not falter my physical ability to perform a task. Your heart rate is only increased by 50% if you are experiencing a case of paranoia, which does not happen to all, but to some. if your heart rate were to increase for any other reason, then it completely negates the first thing said in his paragraph. if your hear rate increases, it gets the blood moving faster through your whole body. this, in turn, will cause the body to release certain chemicals. these chemicals, such as adrenaline, will increase reflex functions and improve the bodies physical capabilities. so think again before you put contradicting thoughts into your post.
Also, while you're at it, provide quotes and sources for this information as well. Your personal experience doesn't mean jack shit, since you could just lie. Just like I could say eating M&M's gives me laser eyes and fire breath. Doesn't mean shit.

Prove that weed doesn't effect someone physically via quotes with sources, since you're claiming it doesn't.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
rokudaime_hokage (09-21-2009), The Madness (09-21-2009)
Old 09-21-2009, 01:33 AM   #42
The Madness
Passion Rules
 
The Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MA, US
Age: 25
Posts: 1,102
Thanks: 2,548
Thanked 4,648 Times in 1,771 Posts
The Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really nice
Re: The Marijuana Subject

I didn't even read where he said it doesn't effect him physically.

Shit.


When I got high I couldn't fucking move man. I was just sitting on my rocket ship couch eating pound cake and traveling to different galaxies.


I wasn't busy with 'tasks' besides hunting down MOAR POUND CAKE!
The Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Madness For This Useful Post:
Miburo (09-21-2009)
Old 09-21-2009, 01:52 AM   #43
uchihademon91
Chuunin
 
uchihademon91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 529
Thanks: 64
Thanked 123 Times in 93 Posts
uchihademon91 is on a distinguished roaduchihademon91 is on a distinguished road
Re: The Marijuana Subject

first off... im only referring to small dosages like a joint or a couple bowls. not gettin blown out my fucking mind you lazy ass.

i tried to find sources that relate to that but all i get are advertisements. i dont feel like spending over 5 minutes lookin for that shit. if your heart rate increases it pumps more blood to your body. it pumps more blood to your organs. with excess amounts of blood flowing through your organs, it gives them ability to function better. i dont know what to type in the search engine, without getting to specific. so if you dont know basic functions as such, i cant help you.

wut do you mean by physically. what i mean by it is when i smoke a joint or a couple bowls. i can go move a couple dressers or go work out, with no problem, even better actually cuz im in a good mood.

if your heart is beating faster, you can run faster, because blood is flowing through your body at accelerated rates. minor equivalent of an adrenaline injection.



but marijuana doesnt cause a direct increase in heart rate.
__________________
"We define reality as what we accept as truth and correct. What is truth, what is it to be correct."- Itachi Uchiha

Last edited by uchihademon91; 09-21-2009 at 01:59 AM.
uchihademon91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:11 AM   #44
The Madness
Passion Rules
 
The Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MA, US
Age: 25
Posts: 1,102
Thanks: 2,548
Thanked 4,648 Times in 1,771 Posts
The Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really nice
Re: The Marijuana Subject

It also causes a direct relaxation of your muscles.
The Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Madness For This Useful Post:
Miburo (09-21-2009)
Old 09-21-2009, 02:23 AM   #45
Myth
Kage
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,107
Thanks: 378
Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,635 Posts
Myth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really nice
Re: The Marijuana Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek View Post
Great... Except when I talked about overdosing, that goes for everyone. Your dopamine receptors in your brain WILL cause the effects I described and can be exceptionally dangerous to ANYONE who has not already overloaded them in the past (making them more numb to the sensation). Don't believe me? Give up smoking pot for 2 months. Then get some really strong shit and smoke 2 grams to your face. Lemme know what happens.
There's no such a thing as overdosing on Marijuana, Where did you read this cause I can 100% say its wrong...Unless you smoking your body weight and nobody really does that...



Quote:
Regardless on whether or not an assassin is a trained killer, MARIJUANA SLOWS DOWN YOUR REFLEXES, CHANGES YOUR PERCEPTION, CAN CAUSE AUDIO AND VISUAL HALLUCINATIONS, AND MAKES YOU FORGETFUL. Do any of those effects sound IDEAL for someone like an assassin? It's even worse if they've been smoking their whole lives seeing as how frequently using pot has some long-term debilitating effects on the body, lung capacity, and a zillion other things.
Marijuana DOES NOT cause hallucinations, you feel mellow and relaxed and yes that can change your perception and slow you down obviously, but it doesn't cause hallucinations...

Quote:
Okay, you are arguing from personal experience. I'm not. Again, I am an AVID marijuana smoker and I enjoy it quite a bit. The facts of the matter are that it is an addictive substance in the same way lots of things are addictive. Alcoholism, gambling problems, addiction to porn, or any other million things can happen. I am not saying that every person who smokes pot will get addicted, what I am saying is that you are only looking at one HALF of why people become addicted to things. Mental conditions, making things into a habit, oral fixation, and 10 million and one other reasons exist as to why people get hooked on pot sometimes.
Marijuana has no addictive shit, it's all in your mind... If you're strong willed you can stop at anytime.. Marijuana to some is mostly a habit they drop after a while...

Last edited by Myth; 09-21-2009 at 02:34 AM.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dattebayo Feedback Vol. 6 (WARNING: VERY FUNNY) jimmer45khb Naruto Series 19 04-22-2008 11:16 PM
Should Marijuana be illegal Nuerhachi Niru Debates Section 56 03-19-2006 12:43 AM
Marijuana flareofdragon Debates Section 0 02-19-2006 05:14 PM
Can Somebody Chinese Translate this? Kakashi.TheHeartsofTwo Chit Chat 6 08-08-2005 11:31 AM
Should Drugs Be Legalized? horus Debates Section 82 05-15-2005 10:18 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.