Ichigo Kurosaki - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Bleach Series

Bleach Series Talk about Bleach, a widely popular anime and manga series in here!

Old 10-28-2009, 02:04 AM   #1
bmyers91
Sensei

bmyers91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ichigo Kurosaki

So there are many different speculations for Kurosaki.
The new mask he has obtained as of late brought this conversation up between a friend and I.

So Ichigo is becoming stronger, and controlling his hollow powers more? yes?
He's progressively becoming stronger, specialy more than quite a few of the captains in soul society. We know that his father was captain class long before the Urahara incedent transforming the first vizards. His family also have large enough powers for hallows to be attacking them. Hence, why his mother died....

Does this make that his mother was also from soul society?

But another specualtion that was brought up was that Ichigo is from one of the 4 noble families? According to Byakuya, only nobles are born with an overly excessive amount of power.

What are your guy's thoughts?
bmyers91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,655 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Ichigo Kurosaki

There is much we still don't know yet, but I'll give you my best guess.

1. Ichigo's father is captain class which should mean that ichigo may have inherited some potential from him. However he likely left soul society after the vizard incident. I base this on the fact that he and ishida's father seem to have known each other for some time. Quincy's have normal human life spans so it's not like they known each other for 100's of years. I don't know how ichigo's father lost his spiritual powers or when. My guess is that it happened about 20 years ago and he had to take a normal human form which does age normally. He got married had kids and the rest is history. If he were around a lot longer than that some evidence would show it.

2 Ichigo's mother was likely just a human woman who his father met after he left soul society. Her having higher than normal spiritual energy likely added to ichigo's potential.

3. The theory I believe is that ichigo is the reincarnation of Kaien Shiba. Several people have commented on the resemblance.
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Kaien_Shiba

Aside from the resemblance, Kaien also had unusually high spiritual energy. In fact when he was still in the shinigami academy he already had vice-captian level energy. Not to mention the fact that he finished his shinigami training in 1 year. Normally it takes 6 years. He was considered a prodigy. Compare that to ichigo's incredible talent. Ichigo trained for 2 weeks and became as strong as a 3rd seat. Also before kaien died he was taken over by a hollow. http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Metastacia The result was that the hollows actually fused itself into kaiens souls and the 2 became one. So it makes perfect sense that if kaiens soul was reincarnated as ichigo that the hollow part would still be in there in a dormant state. When rukia gave ichigo her powers it also woke his hollow part up as well.

Also most people want to say that ichigo first got his hollow powers when he was trying to regain his shinigami powers. I disagree. I think the hollow part there before that. Just read the fight between him and renji. Ichigo was getting pounded at first, but then his whole attitude changed. His power increased drastically, and he even said "I don't know the reason, but I feel great". So I believe his hollow half was awakened when rukia gave him her powers, but needed time to grow. During the fight with renji it had gotten strong enough and saw an opportunity to take over. When ichigo had his soul link destroyed he lost all spiritual powers (maybe including his hollow part), but started growing again after he got his powers back.

That's just my opinion. I hope it helped.

Edit: Here's the link to the fight http://www.bleachcentral.com/manga.p...each&c=055&p=0.

Also forgot to mention that Kaien shiba was from the shiba clan. At one point they were a noble family, but lost there status for some unknown reason. Even so it was said that Kaien had high spirit energy even for a noble. So if ichigo is the reincarnation of Kaien, then technically he would be from a noble family. Well I suppose the correct way to put it would be he was a noble in his past lifetime.

Think about it like this. Ichigo has SO many factors that make up why he's so strong. Any one of them wouldn't mean much, but together they all add up.

The potential ( spirit energy and shinigami powers) he inherited from his father + The potential (spirit energy) he inherited from his mother + him being the reincarnation of someone with lots of energy himself + living in an area with lot of spirit energy naturally around him = Ichigo

Last edited by ask me anything; 10-31-2009 at 10:17 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:48 AM   #3
SasukeWorldsGreatest
Sasuke&Bleach Fangirl!

SasukeWorldsGreatest is an unknown quantity at this point

Well first it was stated in the Grand Fisher episode that he was attacked but his Mother protected him,so she died instead of him. She is "just" a human
and by what I remember Isshin gave up his powers to be just a normal father,so if that is true he gave up his power for love.

The rest we will yet have to see,especially when Isshin gets his own arc,which will clear most things up
Old 11-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
Eyecosis
Academy Student

Eyecosis is an unknown quantity at this point

Ichigo can't be the reincarnation of Kaien Shiba because Espada #9 hate the hollow body and such of Kaien taking all of his powers and memories so nothing would have passed on to Ichigo.
Eyecosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyecosis View Post
Ichigo can't be the reincarnation of Kaien Shiba because Espada #9 hate the hollow body and such of Kaien taking all of his powers and memories so nothing would have passed on to Ichigo.
Actually when kaien was killed by rukia the hollow part escaped death by leaving the body and fleeing to hueco mondo. It was there that the #9 espada ate the hollow. #9 espada has powers of all the hollow it consumed and since it ate the hollow that ate kaien it merely copied kaiens abilities. The actual kaien was still in soul society. This is proven since people in soul society are spirits which have physical form due to the high levels of spirit particles in soul society. This means that their bodies are the actual souls themselves, and since kaien's body was returned to his family in soul society his soul was still their. As people die on earth and travel to soul society there are other souls which are reborn on earth to keep the population of souls balanced. This was explained when Ishida first appeared and it was said that quincy's destroy souls therefore unbalancing the natural flow. So it makes perfect sense that at some point kaiens soul would be reincarnated on earth after dying in soul society.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:08 AM   #6
aeondrift
Genin

aeondrift is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmyers91 View Post
So Ichigo is becoming stronger, and controlling his hollow powers more? yes?
Perhaps its his hollow powers that is gradually taking over him rather than him getting better control of his hollow form. IMO thus he still have a long way to go to get a handle of his immense potential power and not let it control him instead. But since Bleach, IMO, is a rather predictable Manga, we can trust that Ichigo will definately succeed, eventually.
aeondrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:11 AM   #7
aeondrift
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasukeWorldsGreatest View Post
and by what I remember Isshin gave up his powers to be just a normal father,so if that is true he gave up his power for love.
I am doubtful that it'll make sense if spiritual powers could be "given up". I think its more natural to think that Ichigo's dad merely have given up his place as a shinigami.

Last edited by aeondrift; 12-19-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #8
baciftax
Academy Student

baciftax is an unknown quantity at this point

I accept with information:Aside from the resemblance, Kaien also had unusually high spiritual energy. In fact when he was still in the shinigami academy he already had vice-captian level energy. Not to mention the fact that he finished his shinigami training in 1 year. Normally it takes 6 years. He was considered a prodigy. Compare that to ichigo's incredible talent. Ichigo trained for 2 weeks and became as strong as a 3rd seat.
baciftax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #9
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeondrift View Post
I am doubtful, or rather, think it'll make sense if spiritual powers could be "given up". I think its more natural to think that Ichigo's dad merely have given up his place as a shinigami.
I think it's likely ichigo's dad really didn't "give up" his powers on purpose. He could have had them taken away as punishment for a crime and been banished from soul society. One thing for certain is that he had lost his powers at sometime in the past because when the arrancar first showed up he was talking to ishida's dad and he said his powers were finally coming back to him.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:42 AM   #10
DrkMagnus
The Lord Of Darkness!!!

DrkMagnus is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, as we can all sit here and speculate the reasons that Ichigo's father no longer has his powers, I am a firm believer that he has always retained his powers, but found a way to suppress them to a dormant state so that he is unable to be detected when other shinigami come to the human world. Then again, that is just another speculation.
What I wouldn't mind seeing is a few episodes on Ichigo's father, giving us some time of background and everything. He is the most puzzling person out of the entire anime/manga. We pretty much have a decent idea about every other character except him.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:46 PM   #11
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Well all I can say for certain is that ichigo's father in his own words told ishidas father "I have regained much of my powers". So then at some point he lost them (or just some of them). He has been getting them back, but I guess it took a long time. The other thing I can say for certain is that he knew about ichigo being a shinigami from the start. He even knew about Kon being a substitute soul because he told Kon in his own words "Think about it. Never once when you have been in his body have I called you ichigo". So at the very least he's been aware of whats been happening throughout the series meaning he must have had some of his powers back at the start of the manga.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #12
aeondrift
Genin

What I have always thought Ichigo's full hollow release form would look like.
http://fremenalex.files.wordpress.co...ilent_hill.jpg

...Same Sword!

Last edited by aeondrift; 12-19-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #13
istsacfu
Academy Student

istsacfu is an unknown quantity at this point

I accept with information:
Perhaps its his hollow powers that is gradually taking over him rather than him getting better control of his hollow form. IMO thus he still have a long way to go to get a handle of his immense potential power and not let it control him instead. But since Bleach, IMO, is a rather predictable Manga, we can trust that Ichigo will definately succeed, eventually.
istsacfu is offline   Reply With Quote