Danzō Shimura. - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 02-15-2010, 06:01 AM   #1
Zas1993
Academy Student

Zas1993 is an unknown quantity at this point
Danzō Shimura.

I know Danzo did a lot of bad things. He is the cause of many tragic events in the series.
Though he doesn't make many appearances but his significant to the plot is undeniable. Also, I feel a bit pity for him. His jealousy toward the third and his greed for power is what make him undertake the wrong path. In the few last chapters, he appears to be caring of his comrades and also has a sense of duty to protect and prosper Konoha. In the end, he still has such a sad ending.
I am not saying whether Danzo is a good or bad guy, I just want to see how people think about him.

Last edited by Zas1993; 02-15-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Zas1993 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
Marlboro
Drop The World <3

Thanked 1,121 Times in 669 Posts
Marlboro is on a distinguished roadMarlboro is on a distinguished road
Re: Danzō Shimura.

Ya danzo is an old sly fox.But still, i agree he didn't deserve to go down that way.He had a great sense of loyalty towards his village and his goals were nothing but to achieve peace,although,while doing that,he put himself in a bad place among the 5 great nations and was considered a traitor.I repeat he had a great sense of loyalty towards his village even though they turned against him.He even made sure that Madara wouldn't be able to take Shisui's eyes(Although i really don't know why).I guess he really was a good man after all.R.I.P Danzo

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual, the inspiration
That makes ladies sing the blues

Last edited by Marlboro; 02-15-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Marlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marlboro For This Useful Post:
durndle (02-17-2010)
Old 02-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
BLOOD_GOD
#1 Pothead Ninja

BLOOD_GOD is on a distinguished roadBLOOD_GOD is on a distinguished road

My take on Danzo: He was an old selfish coward. He didn't man up in time to be the decoy, so he didn't become Hokage. He was Jealous of Hiruzen. It's very selfish, he should have not been such a fuckin pussy. Then he blames Sarutobi for him not becoming Hokage. He didn't want shit for Konoha, he only wanted it for himself. That's why he was after Naruto, to destroy the village and all the people except ROOT so he could become Hokage. He had Orochimaru to do experiements on him just for that reason. He was the ultimate villain in the story, and that's why Kishi cut him down. And I'm glad. Who knows what would have happened if Sasuke wouldn't have killed him. Naruto dead? Konoha destroyed and rebuilt in Danzo's favor? The only ninjas in the village being root? I think so. I SAY FUCK DANZO, I'M GLAD THAT MOTHERFUCKER IS DEAD. I hope he ROTS in PIECES. I don't know how you can say he was a "good man".

Oh yeah, another thing. I think Madara already had Shisui's other eye. Why I think this:
http://www.mangastream.com/read/naruto/482-51/14

The first panel has a tank with an eye in it. I believe this to be Shisui's other eye. Then Madara states: "God Damn you, Danzo....Destroying Shisui's eye yourself before you died." Which states that SHISUI'S EYE WAS DESTROYED.

Thank you.

PROUD MEMBER OF the Anti-Sasuke FC.
PROUD MEMBER OF the .::The Official Uchiha Itachi FC::.
"As death comes to embrace you, you will realize who you are. That's what death is, don't you think?"

Last edited by BLOOD_GOD; 02-15-2010 at 04:27 PM.
BLOOD_GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
SharinGunz
Academy Student

SharinGunz is an unknown quantity at this point

At first im inclined to disagree with you, and point that it seems he did care about the citizens of konoha, but then I remember how he dealt with the whole pein scenario.... yeah he clearly doesnt give a shit about anyone but himself. Danzo is pretty freakin strong, his Izinagi is the equivalent of having a many men cheat on a side scroller game, except you dont start from the begining after you loose a life. Im sure he would have been helpful in the fight against pein while Konoha waited for Naruto. Now that I think about it... he killed that messenger frog!!! The more I tihnk about Danzo, the less strength any argument towards his humanity has.
SharinGunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
BLOOD_GOD
#1 Pothead Ninja

^ yeah and everyone seems to think otherwise. Danzo was a worse villain than Sasuke or Madara! That's why I'm glad they took him out.

"As death comes to embrace you, you will realize who you are. That's what death is, don't you think?"
Old 02-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #6
Flashwind
Chuunin

Flashwind is on a distinguished roadFlashwind is on a distinguished road

^You guys are right about all of it. However, I actually like Danzo because he was a bigger villain than Sasuke or Madara. He was smart, he was clever, he had an army, he had great techniques, and he had inside information on Konoha. He could have done much worse than he did, but I would have preferred Madara be killed rather than Danzo. At least then we would have a real bad guy for Naruto to take down.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #7
BLOOD_GOD
#1 Pothead Ninja

^ You would rather Madara be killed and Naruto die, Konoha be taken down, Everyone killed besides root, and Danzo become the Hokage, than Danzo be killed and Madara be taken down later? THAT MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
Flashwind
Chuunin

Flashwind is on a distinguished roadFlashwind is on a distinguished road

Lol well I wouldn't go that severe. I guess I just think Danzo's motives are like Pain's, and I liked Pain as a villain. He wanted to do what was best for Konoha, and he would do anything to make that happen. He reminds me of the villain off Batman Begins that was willing to destroy Gotham in order to start anew. I don't want Naruto to die and everything to go crazy, but I like Danzo as a villain. Sorry if I'm offending you with any posts by the way. I feel like it's just unlucky that you and I keep disagreeing lol. No hard feelings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flashwind For This Useful Post:
BLOOD_GOD (02-15-2010)
Old 02-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #9
BLOOD_GOD
#1 Pothead Ninja

Oh no man! lol not at all. No one offends me here. Any fans of Naruto are friends of mine. I loved Pain as a villain and I'm glad that Naruto could change his perspective on things and revive everyone. But Danzo was just too much. I resented him as a villain. And why I hated him, is because no one in Konoha knew. He was like George Bush. lol

Old 02-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #10
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

I liked him because he had the cold heart to do things for the 'greater good.'

He made sure Naruto didn't come so he wouldn't be captured, tried to kill Sasuke, etc. etc.

But I specifically loved it when he crushed his eye so Madara wouldn't get it. That was pretty beast.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #11
BLOOD_GOD
#1 Pothead Ninja

^ that was the only smart thing Danzo did. Before that, he was a pansy that couldn't rely on his own techs. He had to let Oro experiment on him to get some super creepy alterations to his body. What a fuckin puss.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #12
Lalalila
Missing-Nin

Thanked 1,101 Times in 752 Posts
Lalalila will become famous soon enoughLalalila will become famous soon enough

Danzo was a good boy... <3
Lalalila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #13
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Danzo is like Bush

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #14
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,017 Times in 587 Posts
TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough

Danzo was not a villain... an anti-hero at best. Not everyone can have the sunny, positive outlook the Third and Jiraiya had. His machiavellian attitude likely kept Konoha as a powerhouse through his back-door deals and undocumented Special Ops. Missions. While Tsunade and the other elders were stuck accepting Sasuke as a possible returnee, Danzo had the wisdom to see him as Orochimaru's latest weapon -- possibly against Konoha.

Did he do wrong? Absolutely. I am just not convinced that you can bury a man because of his bad deeds. A lot of evil can be washed away with a noble sacrifice. The way he chose to die almost took out both Sasuke and Madara, which would have been an amazingly heroic act if it had worked.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:23 PM   #15
BLOOD_GOD
#1 Pothead Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSixthHokage View Post
Danzo was not a villain... an anti-hero at best. Not everyone can have the sunny, positive outlook the Third and Jiraiya had. His machiavellian attitude likely kept Konoha as a powerhouse through his back-door deals and undocumented Special Ops. Missions. While Tsunade and the other elders were stuck accepting Sasuke as a possible returnee, Danzo had the wisdom to see him as Orochimaru's latest weapon -- possibly against Konoha.

Did he do wrong? Absolutely. I am just not convinced that you can bury a man because of his bad deeds. A lot of evil can be washed away with a noble sacrifice. The way he chose to die almost took out both Sasuke and Madara, which would have been an amazingly heroic act if it had worked.
He didn't agree with the 3rd because he was Jealous. But if Danzo knew Orochimaru was an S-Ranked criminal, why didn't he kill him or inform Konoha on his whereabouts so they could go eliminate him? He WANTED Oro to experiement on him, and he wanted it from the beginning. Therefore, he is a villain.

He should have known that sealing jutsu wouldn't have worked. & It didn't work. So he wasn't a hero. lol he was just stupid in the end. I'm glad he's dead. FUCK DANZO.