An Eternal MS Ability? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
Ryuzaki
Academy Student

Ryuzaki is an unknown quantity at this point
Question An Eternal MS Ability?

Since much of Naruto is based on earlier shinto traditions from Japan, I did a little research and discovered that there are some possibilities as to what the "Final Secret" of the Mangekyou Sharingan is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
Izanagi is a deity born of the seven divine generations in Japanese mythology and Shintoism, and is also referred to in the roughly translated Kojiki as "male-who-invites" or Izanagi-no-mikoto. It is also pronounced Izanaki-no-mikoto.
So in Japanese Mythology, Izanagi is a Shinto god and father of Tsukiyomi, Amaterasu and Susano'o. After losing his spouse, Izanami, and being unable to retrieve her from the underworld - out of a cleansing right, he was given those three children.

We have already seen Itachi and Sasuke utilize all three of the MS techniques (Tsukiyomi, Amaterasu and Susano'o. Itachi mentioned in his chapter before engaging Sasuke that Madara, was able to understand the final secret of the Mangekyou Sharingan. Just simply speculating based of the little information we have, it's possible that this new power gave him an "undying" soul at the cost of the body he is in.

This may also prove as to why Madara has not died yet and other complications through which his body arose from. It's possible that activating Izanagi drained or slowly rotted away his body, kind of like how the MS techniques force the users eye closed. It was said that when you achieve the Eternal MS, you have an undying MS but that doesn't apply to new techniques that are derived through the usage of the EMS.

What do you guys think?

Old 01-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: An Eternal MS Ability?

Nice theory. KYF came up with a very similar theory a few months back. You should check it out.

http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=50692

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

I came up with this theory months ago. Granted u explain it alittle differently, but its basicly the same. Izanagi is the final MS jutsu only obtained by getting EMS, its why madaras alive, ect ect.

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
durndle
Gaara999

durndle is on a distinguished roaddurndle is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: An Eternal MS Ability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzaki View Post
Since much of Naruto is based on earlier shinto traditions from Japan, I did a little research and discovered that there are some possibilities as to what the "Final Secret" of the Mangekyou Sharingan is.
So in Japanese Mythology, Izanagi is a Shinto god and father of Tsukiyomi, Amaterasu and Susano'o. After losing his spouse, Izanami, and being unable to retrieve her from the underworld - out of a cleansing right, he was given those three children.

We have already seen Itachi and Sasuke utilize all three of the MS techniques (Tsukiyomi, Amaterasu and Susano'o. Itachi mentioned in his chapter before engaging Sasuke that Madara, was able to understand the final secret of the Mangekyou Sharingan. Just simply speculating based of the little information we have, it's possible that this new power gave him an "undying" soul at the cost of the body he is in.

This may also prove as to why Madara has not died yet and other complications through which his body arose from. It's possible that activating Izanagi drained or slowly rotted away his body, kind of like how the MS techniques force the users eye closed. It was said that when you achieve the Eternal MS, you have an undying MS but that doesn't apply to new techniques that are derived through the usage of the EMS.

What do you guys think?
Like AMA said, cool theory. Good to see KYF isn't the only one to use Japanese Lore to make a very valid point. Kudos to the both of you.
durndle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:05 AM   #5
uchiha naruto
Sage Hokage

uchiha naruto is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: An Eternal MS Ability?

Quote:

What do you guys think?

cool theory bro!!really makes sense it would b cool if its true!!but i would b sad 2 see sasuke using those tech!!cause that loser will get more power ups!!and now i also have a doubt about this tech!!any wayz gr8 post dude!!
uchiha naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:56 AM   #6
Ryuzaki
Academy Student

Ryuzaki is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: An Eternal MS Ability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
I came up with this theory months ago. Granted u explain it alittle differently, but its basicly the same. Izanagi is the final MS jutsu only obtained by getting EMS, its why madaras alive, ect ect.
Well, months ago I wasn't really around here, so I wouldn't really know about that theory, but kudos to you. I don't know if my interpretation is any more correct or false than yours, but I just came online and spam read a great deal of chapters and this was the best I came up with this as I was reading along. But it's refreshing to know, that I'm not the only one that thought this way, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by durndle View Post
Like AMA said, cool theory. Good to see KYF isn't the only one to use Japanese Lore to make a very valid point. Kudos to the both of you.
Yeah, I probably would not have even come up with this theory, if I hadn't taken that Japanese Civilization class this past semester. But yeah, it was interesting to see some fundamental and truthful aspects about a culture embedded within the real material.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha naruto View Post
cool theory bro!!really makes sense it would b cool if its true!!but i would b sad 2 see sasuke using those tech!!cause that loser will get more power ups!!and now i also have a doubt about this tech!!any wayz gr8 post dude!!
I'm really unsatisfied with Sasuke's most recent performances, I do believe he is wasting manga pages by being rolled on by several kage level shinobi. He should have just gone and left the series after Itachi died, lived with his half-bred dog friend Karin in some mountains and wrote sexually pervasive material to pass the time.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:20 AM   #7
Vance2
Academy Student

Vance2 is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds good to me
Old 03-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #8
Naruto_Is_The_Shit
Student in training!

Naruto_Is_The_Shit is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
If this is true than explain why Danzo can use it???
Naruto_Is_The_Shit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #9
Eighty6ed
Chuunin

Eighty6ed will become famous soon enoughEighty6ed will become famous soon enoughEighty6ed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
[FONT=Tahoma]
I'm really unsatisfied with Sasuke's most recent performances, I do believe he is wasting manga pages by being rolled on by several kage level shinobi. He should have just gone and left the series after Itachi died, lived with his half-bred dog friend Karin in some mountains and wrote sexually pervasive material to pass the time.
LMFAO! Half-bred dog friend Karin? I love it!

And as much as it pains me, same question as Naruto-is-the-shit. Obviously EMS isnt required for Izinagi since Danzo used it several times and had no EMS much less a Mangekeyou Sharingan. HOWEVER, as to how your own theory pertains to the EMS rather than what Danzo did, I have to wonder if Madara would have given a more open ended "mysterious" description of the jutsu rather than the seemingly complete explanation that he provided during the fight if EMS had a different effect on the jutsu. But, theres still a lot of mystery behind EMS so who the hell knows?

Life is an aimless drive that you take alone.
Might as well enjoy the ride, take the long way home.
-Jimmy Pop

Member of the Naruto Debating FC

My First Fanfic! Reunion: A Guardian and a Betrayer!
UPDATE: "Chapter 9 - Uzumaki Kakashi" is up and ready for reading. Check it out.

Eighty6ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #10
freedom07
SASUKE'S TRUE #1 FAN!!

freedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura about

kishi has bare jap mythology creatures to use

and guess what

all of them are used in sharingan hax

tsyki
amaterasu
susanoo
yata mirror
sword of totsuka
kirin (used by an uchiha)
even frickin sword of tsurigi is used by sasuke
kamui
izanagi

face it
kishi saves all the myth hax for uchihas or sharingan users

theres plenty more mythology to go around
i bet that ms is unique and they all have a different one
or in itachis case, 3 different ones
freedom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
Lalalila
Missing-Nin

Thanked 1,101 Times in 752 Posts
Lalalila will become famous soon enoughLalalila will become famous soon enough

I'm guessing it will be called Sarutahiko -_-
Lalalila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:31 PM   #12
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom07 View Post
kishi has bare jap mythology creatures to use

and guess what

all of them are used in sharingan hax

tsyki
amaterasu
susanoo
yata mirror
sword of totsuka
kirin (used by an uchiha)
even frickin sword of tsurigi is used by sasuke
kamui
izanagi

face it
kishi saves all the myth hax for uchihas or sharingan users

theres plenty more mythology to go around
i bet that ms is unique and they all have a different one
or in itachis case, 3 different ones
Orochimaru. Kyuubi no Kitsune. Hachibi = Ushi-Oni. Nibi = Nekomata. Ichibi = Tanuki. Temari's summon the Kamaitachi.

The point of that was that it's not just the Uchiha that get Shinto mythology references.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #13
Abnormal
Academy Student

Abnormal is an unknown quantity at this point

The Uchiha has enough eye techniques... I really hope they don't have anymore
Abnormal is offline   Reply With Quote