Official MMA thread. - Page 23 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #331
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough
Re: Official MMA thread.

Yves Motherfucking Edwards

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
manta (01-23-2011), Miburo (01-23-2011)

Old 01-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #332
FAGDOM
Missing-Nin

FAGDOM is an unknown quantity at this point

GOLD DUST destroys every MMA fighter.
FAGDOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #333
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx-yP_wDBwA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Del_Rio

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babyface BK For This Useful Post:
Miburo (01-30-2011), Servo (01-31-2011)
Old 01-30-2011, 11:06 PM   #334
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, greco-roman wrestling is pretty manly.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Servo (01-31-2011)
Old 01-30-2011, 11:08 PM   #335
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

That suplex arm break was awesome. I been watching this guy on Smackdown didn't realise he had such a great amateur background in MMA and wrestling.

Batista is joining strikeforce and looking to take on Bobby Lashely so I've heard.

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babyface BK For This Useful Post:
Miburo (01-30-2011), Servo (01-31-2011)
Old 01-30-2011, 11:26 PM   #336
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that was pretty sick.

I wish Kurt Angle was younger. That guy would have most likely fucking raped faces in MMA. I dunno a lot about other Pro Wrestlers, but I know Kurt Angle is pretty beastly.
Servo (01-31-2011)
Old 01-31-2011, 10:44 PM   #337
Servo
Mega User

Nice suplex BK. Mibz you might appreciate these, catch wrestling breakdown of a few of Sakuraba's fights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnEFL0dt73g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwgSSX4vPKc

I've thought CACC wrestling was pretty interesting for awhile now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Miburo (01-31-2011)
Old 02-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #338
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Nice! Yeah, when I first started doing BJJ I watched a ton of Sakuraba clips over and over, since his style of grappling (Which I didn't know was catch wrestling at the time) is extremely similar to folkstyle wrestling. Which really helped with the transition to submission grappling for my brother and I.
Servo (02-01-2011)
Old 02-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #339
Servo
Mega User

Sweet, just from what I've been reading about it, it seems like these days bjj practitioners, and catch wrestlers blend some of each others styles. Like catch wrestlers using a bjj guard, and bjj guys using certain cacc takedowns etc... Pretty cool shit.

The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-01-2011)
Old 02-01-2011, 09:34 AM   #340
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Yeah, everything really blends together well when it comes to manly grappling. For example, in that first video, the modified wizzer right in the beginning is basically a no gi version of an uchi mata from judo. You'll find plenty of techniques that are found in multiple grappin' arts, and can pretty much take whatever you want from any of the arts and add it to your own repertoire with little difficulty.

I guess it's because at the most fundamental level they all follow the same basic rules in regards to height, leverage, angles, etc. Like, in first video 3:11ish, the roll-out submission defense is used in wrestling to avoid someone pulling you back and throwing legs in to ride/turn (That's actually pretty much what Newton was going for at that point in the video. Sakuraba defends against the legs well with his arms, elbows in, keeps them out. No space. Good shit.). You'll use it in BJJ to avoid a type of RNC attempt. Etc. The basic principle behind it is that you're stronger when your body is compact compared to if you're broken flat/elongated. Same principle applies when preventing passes when you're on the bottom on your back, no one just lays there flat so the guy can pass, they put their knees up, etc. The general rule is you're in better position defensively when compact.

I dunno. I really <3 grappling.
Servo (02-01-2011)
Old 02-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #341
Loh'
Jounin

Loh' is an unknown quantity at this point

No disrespect. MMA sucks! With all the rules and shit...
The combat is all cool but the rules limits all the awesome stuff!
Loh' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #342
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Awesome stuff, such as?
Servo (02-01-2011)
Old 02-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #343
Loh'
Jounin

The illegal stuff that aren't allowed in tournaments.
AGAIN MIBURO I mean no disrespect to you as a practitioner!
I'm also a practitioner... But I don't compete
Old 02-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #344
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

You mean like eye-gouging and nut shots? Small joint manipulation? Stuff like 12 to 6 elbows and soccer kicks?

I don't really care if your intent is to disrespect or not. It doesn't matter to me. I'm just curious as to what you mean. If you would like to see something like soccer kicks, like what was allowed in Pride, then I would think you have a decently legitimate stance. While if you think stuff like eye gouging should be allowed, then I would think you're a moron.

If I recall correctly, which I normally do because I'm awesome, I think you're a fan of eastern martial arts, like kung fu shaolin monk shit. So maybe you think the ruleset found in most MMA organizations favors some martial arts over others. Perhaps you think MMA sucks because it doesn't allow kung fu practitioners to use their death touches and shit. I've read stupider shit, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Which is why I was curious. Pretty much just seeing if you're an idiot or not. That's all.

In case you were wondering, you're currently residing pretty high on the idiot side of things with your 'teh illegal stuff, of course lolol' answer.
Servo (02-01-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #345
Loh'
Jounin

I'm more of a practitioner of the philosophy whereas in Western Martial Arts including MMA have no philosophical points whatsoever.

The kicks that were allowed in Pride? Yeah that and more. Eye Gouging and other techs you'd say were STUPID.

You're a bit too conceited and I don't think you can ever be reasoned with.
MMA sucks.