ninjas - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series

Naruto Series Talk about the most popular anime in the world right here in this section!

Old 05-15-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
Roy Mustang
Zero Alchemist

Roy Mustang can only hope to improve
ninjas

do u think ninjas are real as in do u think they lived in japan long ago? i think they are but i doubt that they could jump that high, walk on wall, and have super speed
Roy Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2005, 02:54 PM   #2
YoruWoNukeru
Jounin

YoruWoNukeru is an unknown quantity at this point
Ninjas were real, but the whole chakra thing wasn't. People couldn't actuall use fire, water, pupets, etc. But they did use knives and swords. Ninjas were the hired assasins of Japan. And killed people for money. but they hid and then killed people with ease.

That's what this one read. ^_^

YoruWoNukeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 02:56 PM   #3
Roy Mustang
Zero Alchemist

o i c! but some storys say that ninjas could really jump that high!

(why aren't I on your list >.<)
Old 05-15-2005, 03:11 PM   #4
YoruWoNukeru
Jounin

YoruWoNukeru is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
o i c! but some storys say that ninjas could really jump that high!

(why aren't I on your list >.<)
This one thinks they used ropes to go to high places.

And for the list, send me a PM, and we'll talk. ^_^

YoruWoNukeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:14 PM   #5
NinKitsune
Genin

NinKitsune is an unknown quantity at this point
There are still ninja's around but now it has spread and it's more then just the Japanese. I take Ninjitsu classes and I'm as white as you can get.

NinKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 11:20 AM   #6
Typhoon
Jounin

Typhoon is an unknown quantity at this point
As YoruWoNukeru said before, Ninjas were real and they were used to assasinate people in Japan long time ago. They were trained for dangerous missions and they fought using dirty/cheap moves to defeat their opponent through surprise.

Ninjas could actually jump up to about the second floor before. It was an ancient internal Chinese art which allows you to jump up high. A lot of training was required for that and ninjas practiced it.

Proud and loyal Co-owner of the Konoha 5 FC
Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:52 PM   #7
Meteorain27
Chuunin

Meteorain27 will become famous soon enoughMeteorain27 will become famous soon enough
Actually, I heard that ninjas were usually (successful ninjas obtained a very high status) people of low status like peasants that were paid to assassinate people. They got very little training, so most usually failed in the attempts and died. Also, Typhoon, wouldn't you resort to cheap/dirty techniques if you're life depended on it? I know I would. I'm not trying to act evil or anything, but that is the reality of me.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:58 PM   #8
Aruko
ANBU

Aruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enough
I have read that mostly Ninjas were used by the Chinese, not all, and that the Samurai were used by the Japanese. Or at least it's not too often you see a Japanese Samurai.
Oh and the Chakra thing is based off of the Chi thing which is real. They can't do Kage Bunshin, Rasengan, or Chidori, but they can do other things.

Aruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 12:42 AM   #9
Roy Mustang
Zero Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon
As YoruWoNukeru said before, Ninjas were real and they were used to assasinate people in Japan long time ago. They were trained for dangerous missions and they fought using dirty/cheap moves to defeat their opponent through surprise.

Ninjas could actually jump up to about the second floor before. It was an ancient internal Chinese art which allows you to jump up high. A lot of training was required for that and ninjas practiced it.
whoa freak they must have like 40 pounds on their back and practiced jumping
Old 05-31-2005, 06:12 AM   #10
Kamatari
Assassin of the Wind

Kamatari is an unknown quantity at this point
i think ninjas are real, but it cud b a possibility that they can jump high... but not too high... they do use those weapons too. but abt those magic n all those stuf... i don think sooo but how i wish magic is real
- i think about killing someone everyday
- i think about how much God must hate me everyday
- i think about how much devils might like me everyday
- i think about yaoi or hot guys kissing each other everyday
- i think about hentai and ecchi stuff everyday
- i think about alot of nasty things

now will you be my friend?
Kamatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 07:22 AM   #11
Typhoon
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorain27
Actually, I heard that ninjas were usually (successful ninjas obtained a very high status) people of low status like peasants that were paid to assassinate people. They got very little training, so most usually failed in the attempts and died. Also, Typhoon, wouldn't you resort to cheap/dirty techniques if you're life depended on it? I know I would. I'm not trying to act evil or anything, but that is the reality of me.
I don't really know about the status of ninjas, but I'm sure they had good training. They were skilled in ambushing, hand-to-hand combat, weaponary, hidding, spying etc. Many of them could even hypnotize you. They could sneak in a castle and remain hidden from enemies to spy. These skills are all part of real ninjutsu. They were skilled fighters. And many of them did fail because assasinating someone in the dark with a knife is not an easy mission. Often their targets were even skilled samaurai leaders with loads of bodyguards, which would be very hard to kill. As I said before, ninjas tend to use cheap/dirty moves, but i never said that was a bad thing, Meteorain27. I think it's pretty smart sometimes. For example: when a ninja is fighting a samurai with a sword, the ninja would probably throw a kunai or a pepper bomb during the fight. It would be a surprise attack because the opponent was only expecting a sword fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruko samaki
I have read that mostly Ninjas were used by the Chinese, not all, and that the Samurai were used by the Japanese. Or at least it's not too often you see a Japanese Samurai.
Oh and the Chakra thing is based off of the Chi thing which is real. They can't do Kage Bunshin, Rasengan, or Chidori, but they can do other things.
Ninjas were used in Japan only. It is VERY rare to see ninjas in China. The Chinese never officially used ninjas. They were top assasins and spies used by Samaurai clans in Japan. Samaurais were warriors (real loyal soldiers that would die for their lord/leader) of Japan. They valued honour a lot and they followed a code called Bushido (Way of the Warrior). They would kill themselves if they failed their leader. It was said that death was better than a life of shame and disgrace.

And I agree with aruko samaki that the chakra thing was infact based on the chinese concept of internal energy (Chi or qi) - qi is actually the proper way to spell it cuz it's based on chinese phonetics. They couldn't do powerful jutsus like Rasengan or chidori, but the practitioner could injure an opponent greatly by pushing out that energy from his palm to the enemy. That would cause serious internal damage, some of the organs might be damaged too. Qi can also be used to heal people and at times it's even more effective than modern technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
whoa freak they must have like 40 pounds on their back and practiced jumping
Haha! I'm not really sure how ninjas trained, but in ancient China, that was how you kinda train to jump high. First you had to practice jumping everyday to strengthen the muscles needed for physical jumping, e.g. jumping in and out of a hold in the ground and everyday you make it deeper to increase the height of your jump. Then you would put weights on to strengthen the muscles even more. And later, you would practice chanelling your internal energy (qi) upwards and making your body lighter. After with a lot of hard work and practice, you should then be able to jump high.

I read this ancient kung fu technique in a famous internal energy book, but don't try this yourselves! The entire process is really complicated, especially the part with channelling your internal energy. You could die or omit blood if done incorrectly. Many parts of the actual art have been forgotten and lost anyway, that's why not many people could jump high now. That's also why in some Chinese Martial Arts movies, people are flying. They're meant to only jump high, but modern directors exaggerate it and make it look like people were flying before.

Last edited by Typhoon; 05-31-2005 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:25 AM   #12
Aruko
ANBU

Aruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enough
If Ninja actually served Samurai then why has there always be a feud portrayed between the two?

Also most of the spies weren't all: Black clothes, kunai, shuriken, pepper bombs, and all the jaun that they are portrayed to be in movies etc. (Not saying that none of them did that) Most were actually disguised as peasents or the would find a way to be hired by the assassinatee(The person to be assassinated) and that way they could learn about them and their followers. They could also earn a little extra cash by 'working' for them and would work themselves closer to them. Say they might start as a garden tender and then work themselves into a good position with the lord/leader/whatever and become a guard. Then they would find the way to easily strike with no one noticing, also knowing their weaknesses and all of the positions of the other guards, being so close to him at almost all times. (Not saying it always happened this way but it is just an example)

Aruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 06:04 AM   #13
Typhoon
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruko samaki
If Ninja actually served Samurai then why has there always be a feud portrayed between the two?
Before in Japan there were many different Samaurai clans. Samaurais served many different war lords and leaders. Ninjas was also the same and served many different clans. And as a result, when there's war between clans, ninjas and samaurais of different clans fought each other. Not all samaurai warriors and ninjas were on the same side - they can be enemies at times.

Old 06-01-2005, 06:22 AM   #14
Ero
//Sin\\

Ero has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon

ur probably rite bout da jumpin thing. but then again. i think that maybe.. just maybe.. that the old idea of a second floor may have been a little lower than now a days.. and all that kage Bunshin stuff aren't just made up...kishi based them off the idea that ninjas in the old days used illusions and phsycology to make ppl think and see things taht might be far from the truth (in shrt all that ninjutsu stuff in naruto, is really based off the genjutsu and illusions that ninjas used to trick their opponents into fear, and weaken them by breaking their spirits ^^; well so i think ^^
Ero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:35 AM   #15
Typhoon
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero_Ni_Sama
ur probably rite bout da jumpin thing. but then again. i think that maybe.. just maybe.. that the old idea of a second floor may have been a little lower than now a days.. and all that kage Bunshin stuff aren't just made up...kishi based them off the idea that ninjas in the old days used illusions and phsycology to make ppl think and see things taht might be far from the truth (in shrt all that ninjutsu stuff in naruto, is really based off the genjutsu and illusions that ninjas used to trick their opponents into fear, and weaken them by breaking their spirits ^^; well so i think ^^
Actually, I think you're right about the psycology and illusions of ninjas. I read about that technique in some ninja books once. And yeah...I also think that the jumping thing was based on the second floors before, which is definately much lower than the second floors today. But you gotta admit, it's still pretty high for someone to jump.