I am amazed . . . - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
I am amazed . . .

The news just gets more ignorant as the years go by. Yeah, it is Yahoo News, so I am not expecting much:

The headline reads, "Fierce Debate Over Jobless Benefits." It goes on to say, "Experts are asking: Do unemployment benefits discourage people from looking for work?"

And it is here, comrades, that I lose faith in humanity.

link: http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work...bless-benefits

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RNB For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (07-10-2010), Mal (07-09-2010), Miburo (07-09-2010), Servo (07-09-2010), Tabris (07-09-2010)

Old 07-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough
Re: I am amazed . . .

People have been slagging off people who live on the dole in this country for aaages. I'd be surprised if it was genuinely something new to America.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tzu Men For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-09-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
RNB
El Topo

RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

It is nothing new.

I just don't understand, why experts are still asking the question. If you give money to people, then they have less of an incentive to go out and get it. There are some who will go out and earn it, but it is common sense that unemployment benefits cause some people to not care about finding a job. They are handing people money for doing nothing.

- Heraclitus
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RNB For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (07-09-2010), Mal (07-09-2010), Miburo (07-09-2010), Servo (07-09-2010), Tabris (07-09-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

over here if you are unemployed and want money from the government to get by you are given a log book in which you must write down that you are attending job interviews and such and have weekly or fortnightly meetings with a consultant who goes over your progress with you, basically unless you're disabled, your time on the doll will be a very short lived one. Unless you're black....

Then the government just fucking throws money at you, the guy running for Prime Minister came out and said all aboriginals have to get a job even if it's picking up rubbish, bunch of them came out and called him a racist, it's just fucking ridiculous these days =/
Mal (07-09-2010), Miburo (07-09-2010), RNB (07-09-2010), Servo (07-09-2010), Tabris (07-09-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #5
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

This what happens when idiots runs the public

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
RNB (07-09-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

The problem is that the benefits should be directed at getting people employed but when one worries about where to find their next meal today, it is hard to look for a job tomorrow and so they begin to rely on payouts. The culture purpetuates handouts rather than motivation. (I applaud the Aussie system if it works as well as you say - Canada's is supposed to work like that but most often doesn't. Though we have the same problems with the countries Aboriginals.)

The biggest problem we have is that the benefits are often better than the lowest level jobs, so there is no motivation. They are set towards a bottom standard of living that is actually above what people get when they are on minimum wage. (It gets worse when our government offers more for children so there are unemployed pumping out kids to get more money - hoorah for child poverty in the developed world!) What it should be is an assistence program that dwindles the longer you are on it but promises to reinstate support for those who work but can't make the "poverty line". I.e if someone only makes $18,000 a year (shit job indeed), the government would give them whatever it took to meet their needs. Then, the motivation would be to take that shit job and if you want a better life, work toward it.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (07-09-2010), Miburo (07-09-2010), Servo (07-09-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

YEAH THE MONEY WOULD BE MUCH BETTER SPENT JUST CREATING JOBS
AND MAKING PEOPLE WORK FOR THEIR CUT
LIKE IF YOU GO UNEMPLOYED YOU JUST GO TO THE UNEMPLOYMENT PLACE
AND THEYLL ALWAYS HAVE SHIT FOR YOU TO DO
HOPEFULLY SOMETHING THAT BENEFITS THE COMMUNITY
SO TAXPAYERS GET SOMETHING OUT OF THE DEAL
YOU DO IT
AND GET THE BENEFITS
THESE JOBS WOULD PROBABLY SUCK ASS
SO PEOPLE WHO DONT WANT TO DO JOBS THAT SUCK ASS
WILL LOOK FOR LESS SUCK ASS JOBS
AND IF YOU DONT WORK
THEN THAT REALLY SUCKS FOR YOU
OBVIOUSLY THIS PROGRAM WOULD BE FOR THE
UNEMPLOYED NOT THE
DISABLED

NOT SURE THE EXACT DETAILS OF AUSSIELAND SYSTEM
BUT IN AMERICA
IT IS SIMILAR TO THAT
OR AT LEAST IT WAS A FEW YEARS AGO
I DUNNO ABOUT NOW
ITS PRETTY EXPLOITABLE
YOU JUST APPLY FOR JOBS YOU KNOW YOU WONT GET
SHIT THAT PAYS A TON OF MONEY
IT STILL COUNTS AS LOOKING FOR A JOB
SO YOU WILL GET YOUR UNEMPLOYMENT
AND IF YOU DO SOMEHOW GET THE JOB
THEN YOU GET PAID A FUCKLOAD UNTIL
YOU PROBABLY GET FIRED
FOR BEING INCOMPETENT
THERE IS A LIMIT ON HOW LONG YOU CAN BE UNEMPLOYED
SO YOU HAVE TO GET A SHIT JOB AT BK OR SOME SHIT
EVERY NOW AND THEN
THEN JUST WORK FOR AS LONG AS WHATEVER THE
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT IS PER YEAR
THEN GET FIRED AND GO BACK ON UNEMPLOYMENT
PRETTY SURE THATS HOW IT WORKED
MY ONE FRIEND DID SHIT LIKE THAT FOR A LONG ASS TIME
HE REALLY HATED WORKING

cpas

Last edited by Miburo; 07-09-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: FUCK FORGOT CPAS, rewrote
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
RNB (07-09-2010), Servo (07-09-2010), Tabris (07-09-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice

I HEAR THE WAGE YOU GET ON UNEMPLOYMENT REALLY SUCKS ASS
LIKE ITS BEARLY LIVABLE

I TAKE TO MUCH PRIDE IN MY WORK TO BE UNEMPLOYEED FOR LONG
cpas
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tabris For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-09-2010), RNB (07-09-2010), Servo (07-09-2010), zer0systm (07-09-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

Yeah the Doll is pretty shit world wide, they give you the bare minimum the deem competent to get by on until the next payment, Frankly you're better of working, but some people are just slobs who can get by on that, buy their ciggies, a bottle of liquor and some junk food to last them a fortnight.
Miburo (07-09-2010), RNB (07-09-2010), Servo (07-09-2010), Tabris (07-10-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #10
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Yeah unemployment wage really isn't much to live but when the goverment then throws you food stamps and some other shit they throw at poor people and they live better than the middle class. That's on my country though. Still I prefer working for my job than being an useless piece of bacterial shit.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-09-2010), Tabris (07-10-2010)
Old 07-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #11
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice

PARASYTIC PROBABLY WOULD HAVE FIT THAT BETTER, BUT YES THAT'S EXACTLY IT, A WORTHLESS BURDEN ON SOCIETY

JUST LIKE THE NATIVES IN MANITOBA
DONT GET MY STARTED ON GOVERNMENT HAND OUTS-_-
caps

note: they don't all live off the government and totally destroy thier surroundings, neglect thier childrena nd gamble their lives away
jsut alot of them

Last edited by Tabris; 07-10-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tabris For This Useful Post:
manta (07-10-2010), Miburo (07-11-2010), RNB (07-11-2010)
Old 07-11-2010, 03:21 AM   #12
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, the people beating the system don't really bother me. I mean, yeah, they're leeching off shit and whatnot. But whatever. It's there and they're taking advantage of it. Can't fault people for that.

What I don't like is how most governing bodies are run. If I'm going to hate on anyone, it's the guys in charge. If they, and the system itself, were more competent then things would be better. If people stopped leeching and shit without anything else changing, then I'm inclined to believe that the people in charge would just waste money doing something else that is stupid instead.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:32 AM   #13
yum yum bubblegum
Academy Student

yum yum bubblegum is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree. It's a waste of time.
yum yum bubblegum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #14
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yum yum bubblegum View Post
I agree. It's a waste of time.
what is a waste of time? work? unemployment?

do you want to contribute to the discussion or just spam?
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:17 AM   #15
RNB
El Topo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
To be honest, the people beating the system don't really bother me. I mean, yeah, they're leeching off shit and whatnot. But whatever. It's there and they're taking advantage of it. Can't fault people for that.

What I don't like is how most governing bodies are run. If I'm going to hate on anyone, it's the guys in charge. If they, and the system itself, were more competent then things would be better. If people stopped leeching and shit without anything else changing, then I'm inclined to believe that the people in charge would just waste money doing something else that is stupid instead.
What bothers me is the fact that the system is there to be taken advantage of. It is set up so that people can do it if they want to.

The leechers are involved in the voting process, so they are partly to blame.

- Heraclitus

Last edited by RNB; 07-11-2010 at 09:20 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RNB For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-11-2010)