One Piece 591 - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 07-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #31
Kinako
Chuunin

Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough
Re: One Piece 591

We finally got a One Piece debate!!!!!!!!!!!!! But as far as the focus shifting to BB, I understand what you are saying. But Luffy kicked it off though so he has a big role in it too though.
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #32
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

How can breaking into Impel Down not be impressive? He was the first one to attempt a break in the history of its existence and not only that but he broke out high level pirates and two shichibukai.

Also, a bounty increase doesn't necessarily equate to lifting Luffy up in power. Judging a pirates strength based off the bounty he carry can be very misleading. A fine example was seen during the Jaya arc in Mock Town where Bellamy underestimated Luffy because he had a lower bounty than him. Eustass Kid bounty is high mostly from causing havoc and running amock doing whatever he wanted. Does it mean he is stronger than Luffy? We don't know but we can't make that assumption either.

Luffy getting a bounty increase based on the fact that he punched a tenryuubito, broke into Impel Down, and fought alongside Whitebeard is sensible. I also believe that a bounty increase was put on him because of his potential and because of his family lineage, this also considering his new ties and alliance he made during the war with the Whitebeard pirates. Luffy is proving to be a future threat if nothing is done about it now which is why they are increasing the bounty so that he gets caught quicker.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Kinako (07-09-2010), stubborn_d0nkey (07-10-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #33
Kinako
Chuunin

Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough

600,000,000. Yeah. That's right.
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #34
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Compared to the things Luffy did that warranted a bounty increase breaking into ID wasn't that impressive. Not only that what happened in ID wasn't focused on Luffy alone, other people stole the spotlight as well.
lmao And (though now you're making it seem like there is a humongous difference, which is a little bit flawed)? It doesn't change the fact that's it's still impressive. You said my comparison was terrible because WG only cares if the pirate does something huge. The pirate still did something huge, even if it wasn't as big as what he did before.
Quote:
BB caused a large number of prisoners to Kill one another for a chance of " freedom ", and walked out of there with some of the most feared characters in the world of pirates as his new Nakama. That alone shifts the events of ID to focus on him instead of Luffy. As opposed to the other events such as Alabasta and EL in which Luffy was the center piece of it all.
Shift the attention? So? I'm just talking about what Luffy did. And they're not just going to forget about what Luffy did. They might make BB their top target, but that's irrelevant.
Quote:
As for the WG not giving him an increase, i only pointed it out that they have done that before when they didn't give him an increase for beating Moria.
That's a good point.
Quote:
This isn't a matter of right and wrong, we're just defending out respective povs.
Ha ha, our respective point of views are based off of the manga. The reason why I think he deserves a high bounty raise (only to 400 million) is because I think that bounties are based off of the view 'the more crimes you commit, the more your bounty goes up.'

Your view is based of off the would-be fact that the bounties are based like an Role-playing game. And that the higher the bounty is, the more that the pirate as to out-do his past crimes in order to increase it.

Oda decided which one of our views were right maybe even before we thought of them. Or maybe he hasn't decided it yet, which will most likely lead to plot contradictions.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #35
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
How can breaking into Impel Down not be impressive? He was the first one to attempt a break in the history of its existence and not only that but he broke out high level pirates and two shichibukai.
Ok for the last time, I did not say it wasn't impressive I said that compared to the previous achievements that resulted in bounty increases it doesn't measure up. He beat a SB and freed a kingdom and took the fight to the WG's door steps and ended one of their most powerful group of fighters.

Quote:
Also, a bounty increase doesn't necessarily equate to lifting Luffy up in power. Judging a pirates strength based off the bounty he carry can be very misleading. A fine example was seen during the Jaya arc in Mock Town where Bellamy underestimated Luffy because he had a lower bounty than him.
Outdated poster ftw.

Quote:
Eustass Kid bounty is high mostly from causing havoc and running amock doing whatever he wanted. Does it mean he is stronger than Luffy? We don't know but we can't make that assumption either.
I could go on to make a case as to why Kid's DF puts Luffy at a disadvantage, but thats moot. Point is they don't give pirates 100+ bounties unless they're above the rest in power. Simply because without that kind of power there is no way they would survive all the Marines and other Pirates out at sea.

Quote:
Luffy getting a bounty increase based on the fact that he punched a tenryuubito, broke into Impel Down, and fought alongside Whitebeard is sensible. I also believe that a bounty increase was put on him because of his potential and because of his family lineage, this also considering his new ties and alliance he made during the war with the Whitebeard pirates. Luffy is proving to be a future threat if nothing is done about it now which is why they are increasing the bounty so that he gets caught quicker.
Ok you seem to be akin towards a prediction, Fay and I are debating our opinion as to why we think he should/should not get an increase. Nothing pertaining to making a guess as to the amount he might/might not get comes next chapt if he gets an increase at all.

Quote:
lmao And (though now you're making it seem like there is a humongous difference, which is a little bit flawed)? It doesn't change the fact that's it's still impressive. You said my comparison was terrible because WG only cares if the pirate does something huge. The pirate still did something huge, even if it wasn't as big as what he did before.
no your comparison was terrible because it failed to take into account other angles to the events.

See my Moria example.

Quote:
Ha ha, our respective point of views are based off of the manga. The reason why I think he deserves a high bounty raise (only to 400 million) is because I think that bounties are based off of the view 'the more crimes you commit, the more your bounty goes up.'

Your view is based of off the would-be fact that the bounties are based like an Role-playing game. And that the higher the bounty is, the more that the pirate as to out-do his past crimes in order to increase it.
This is also wrong.

I'm not at all saying that in my opinion Luffy needs to out do his previous deeds to deserve a bounty increase, I'm simply arguing that given the previous patterns this time I don't this he deserves it and it would make no sense for the marines to give him oneat this time.

When he took out Croc and Cp9 the WG was Frat out chumped, so they up his bounty along with the crew due to their power/skills and thus their threat lvl to the gov increasing.

When they learned that they were in TB they sent Kuma over, because they didn't want to suffer the embarrassments of 2 SB being taken down by the SHs. It happened anyway and they tried to conceal it.

Now fast foward to the war. The Marines won..ish, and the public sees it that way as well. Since they tried to suppress previous defeats in order to save face, logic dictates that they would want to ride this victory and prove their absolution over the pirates. Specially since people didn't see the ugliness of the Marines and their actions before Coby came in and spoke up. They wrote about the war in the news paper, they bragged about Ace's death and the Marines being victorious over the pirates, giving Luffy a substantial bounty increase would negate some of that feelings of crushing defeat inflicted on the pirates.

Again, this is not a prediction pertaining to what will happen in the coming chapts. Its merely my opinion as to why I think having a bounty increase now makes to sense in my eyes.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #36
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Looking back at the previous page and re-reading some of your posts between you and Fayrra I can understand your feelings for Luffy to not get a bounty bump based off his actions in the war. In terms of posing a threat to admirals and some vice-admirals it wasn't visible. Luffy does indeed have things to learn and I also agree a 500 mil bounty is now a tad rediculous but nevertheless a bounty increase isn't that crazy of a concept. Akainu saw the threat that Luffy could pose and wanted to eliminate him on the spot. I'm sure he also saw something that merrited him a bounty increase but now I say it won't by a rediculous jump.

I want to state that I don't think Luffy will be considered any stronger with a bounty increase, I can clearly see he is still outclassed by a lot of other Navy soldiers and pirates, even within the Supernova like Kid and possibly Law. I'm also a believer of having a bounty go hand-in-hand with the person's strength for the exact same reasons you stated earlier. It would be a dumb move by Oda to place something on Luffy that his current power lvl (even with his entire crew together) can't handle.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote