Astralojia - Kind of like a cartoon series... - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
markhansavon
Writer

markhansavon is an unknown quantity at this point
Astralojia - Kind of like a cartoon series...

________________________________________ _____

Astralojia

Plot Summary: Takuto has failed the entrance exam to the magic school he's wanted to get into 3 years in a row. Returning to Oak Wood, meeting up with his friends Juno and Mina, he will try for his 4th time.

Genres: action, comedy, drama, fantasy
Themes: martial arts, magic, school
To sum up Astralojia: You might ask "So, you're going to animate this right?" or "You're going to fill this in, right?" or "You're going to improve the quality of the samples (for the music), right?" or "There's going to be voice acting, right?" or "You're going to find a producer for this, right?"

And I would reply "If no one ever fills it in, produces it, voice acts it, or remixes the music, this is the finished product."

Updates: Every friday with the exception of the release of the first episode on independence day.

Watch Episodes Here:
Episode 1 Part 1
Episode 1 Part 2
Episode 1 Part 3

Help/Feedback
- Critique and Criticism goes: here Changed from a forum to a chatango group. (As well as in this topic)
- If you'd like to volunteer your services (drawing, music, voice acting, etc...) there'll be opportunities in the future. Please contact me for more details.

Episodes as they are released:
Episode 1 - July 4th
Episode 2 - July 9th
Episode 3 - July 16th
Episode 4 Part 1 - July 23rd (Subject to Change)

I hope that you enjoy Astralojia, a project that I have been working on for more than 4 years. It's drawn in a simpler style, which allows me to release one episode a week, so that I can focus more on the story and music side of things.

On average I draw 30-40 cels of a working day over the course of 4-8 hours. Shots are drawn very quickly.

The experience is a lot like reading a manga or webcomic online. It's a lot like a cross between an animatic and a comic. My goal is to release all 78 episodes in this form.

www.Astralojia.com
Updates Every Friday...

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by markhansavon; 07-07-2010 at 02:12 AM.
markhansavon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Re: Astralojia - Kind of like a cartoon series...

You know putting this in the spam zone is like putting 10 ton of meat in a shark infested water.

Well at least you're doing it. Unlike the other guy who says he's going to make a comic but I see is just a page of a bearded guy and that makes me wonder.

Is he honestly doing it or he's just riding dicks?

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Mal (07-07-2010), Nerox (07-04-2010), Servo (07-04-2010), zer0systm (07-04-2010)
Old 07-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Oh man, so much to pan, so little time/patience.

1. Bullshit did you spend 4 years on this. Spending 3.9 years thinking about it and drawing the occasional character does not count as working on it.

2. This is same thing as every other cliché wapanese webcomic piece of crap. Making it into a fucking slideshow with the most ear-bleedingly annoying music ever to come out of GarageBand or whatever the fuck you used just means that instead of reading a shitty comic at my own exceedingly fast pace, I have to sit through slow pointless shit with no animation to redeem it.

3. "Drawn in a simpler style". This translates as "shat out as quickly as possible because I am fucking lazy and couldn't draw anything decent anyway". Seriously, even the logo for this abortion looks like the signature of a brain-damaged child. 30-40 of those in eight hours? Are you doing them while you jerk off to better drawn and animated hentai?

I haven't even started on the obnoxiously obvious tropes and clichés of your actual "story".

I'm out.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (07-07-2010), Miburo (07-04-2010), Servo (07-04-2010), Tzu Men (07-04-2010)
Old 07-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #4
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

^I'm out of semen after busting a gargantuan nut from this post.

Edit: Also, enable comments so I can call this shit gay.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

It's crap lets go to his site and troll the boards

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:12 AM   #6
markhansavon
Writer

markhansavon is an unknown quantity at this point

I took the forums down, and I did feel that I kind of said to people "shut up, I don't care what you think." which was pretty....harsh I guess...

I do understand what people say when they see it as being really unfinished. It definitely is, and it's probably not even 'good enough' to be done over professionally storyboard/animatic-wise, but I have to draw this anyway, no matter how bad I am at drawing. x_x

So, if anyone wants to leave a message now I've created a chatango instead, and as usual you can just reply in this topic and I'll get back to you.

Thanks.
markhansavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #7
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

And here I was thinking someone just really didn't know how to spell "Australia," and tried to do so phonetically.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-07-2010), Tzu Men (07-07-2010)