Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans

Joffrey is a dick.

Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
kluang (05-30-2012), Mal (05-22-2012), OG (04-02-2012), Shrike (04-07-2012), SirBenoit (04-08-2012), The Madness (04-05-2012), Tzu Men (04-05-2012), Uchiha09 (12-19-2012), Vengeance (05-29-2012)

Old 04-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans

Oh hey - we're talking about this now? OK, but I haven't watched the first episode of season 2 year so no spoilers. I really want to see if Bran grows wings and learns to fly like he does in the books.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (04-02-2012), Mal (04-02-2012)
Old 04-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

I just finished downloading it and Tabitha and I will be watching it tomorrow or Wednesday. PUMPED.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Yeah I figured since it just came out that people might not have watched it yet so I just left it at the customary "Joffrey is a dick!" Which he is.

If anyone needs it, I could livestream the episode sometime.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
The Madness
Passion Rules

Thanked 4,648 Times in 1,771 Posts
The Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really nice

King of the North
The Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Season 2 Episode 1 was pretty good. A lot of set up without excitement, but they hit the right notes. Peter Dinklage still owns this show.
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (04-05-2012)
Old 04-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

They changed the part with Melisandre and Cresson.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
ACt
Heart Wizard

Yep. Makes sense though. In a book, you can easily introduce new characters with paragraphs - if you started the show with that scene, you'd lose people who haven't read. They had to rearrange it and given the rather slow start to A Clash of Kings, that interplay is the biggest moment. Have to close with it.

However, I am concerned that the grouping of Stanis, Melisandre and Davos is going to be utterly dominated by the Melisandre character, rather than leaving her as a sort of mysterious person Davos doesn't really have access to for the first little bit. I think they are going to build her character a lot more in the tv show to introduce the Lord of Light/Fire Religion earlier as it has a lot to play further in the story. It'll weaken the impact of Stanis on the "tv" story.

Last edited by ACt; 04-04-2012 at 09:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (04-05-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #9
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Stannis actor is bad choice. Doesn't look like Stannis at all. Everything else was fine in the episode I guess. Aside from the baby killing and sex which wasn't needed at all and was pretty stupid.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #10
Demi-God
BEST

The sex is always needed in the episodes. The child killing though, Joffrey be a harsh bitch. I'm expecting a lot from Stannis after what I've heard about him.

The Jamie and Robb moment was my favourite. Grey Wind!

Also the second episode is already out, 'twas awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Vanity (04-06-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

I could really do with some links to watch the new episodes. Just got my computer back after five weeks and HBO gyped out on me when I tried to watch it.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #12
Demi-God
BEST

I don't know any links aside from torrents that you could watch it directly from mate, after they closed down Megaupload it ruined everything for us.

I could always Livestream them someday, or if you want just send you the torrent links if you can do that.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, megaupload will be sorely missed.

http://watchseries.eu/episode/game_o...e1-158988.html

Came across this, not sure if it's any good yet.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tzu Men For This Useful Post:
Numinous (04-05-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #14
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yeah, megaupload will be sorely missed.

http://watchseries.eu/episode/game_o...e1-158988.html

Came across this, not sure if it's any good yet.
A good chunk of links don't work, but some do. And since Game of Thrones will take months to get here, brb, watching with bucket of popcorn.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #15
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

I just had to come here and say that anyone who read the books will find ep2 blasphemous. Well, I guess they always do these kinds of things to books. Piss on them. It might be a good series no matter what, but it's horse crap compared to the quality of the book.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote