Narutard chat thread - Page 1007 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:14 AM   #15091
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Narutard chat thread

i know you dont think that you can get in wiht a bachelors, i never said you thought that. im saying you are 25 year old psych major who wants to swithc to physics and work for nasa to study space and improve space travel. thats delusional if you think its realistically happening
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2011, 01:16 AM   #15092
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
i never said you asked for any advice, i gave it anyway because its what i and im sure others would do in your sitiation. im not telling you to do anything just giving you my advice and something to think about.

i didnt belittle you unitl you cursing, telling me to shut the hell up etc. i call you delusional because no one else has the balls to tell you that you sounds it. you are 25 year old psych major looking to change to physics, graduate undergard at 28 and you think nasa is going to hire you to study space and improve space travel. im a realist and that sounds delusional. sorry if thats too honest for you but it is
Age is irrelevant to being hired to NASA/SETI, so he could be eighty-fucking-seven and as long as he has the intellectual and creative chops he'll get hired to do some space work. This isn't the movies where young high-school aged kids write two high thesis and are smarter than everybody in the room at an Oxford graduate party. If he's passionate in physics, he should pursue it, and if it turns out to be a mistake following shit he's interested in, I'm sure he'll be okay with such a potential "fuck up".
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-28-2011), Kina (03-28-2011), Mal (03-28-2011), Numinous (03-28-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 01:17 AM   #15093
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Age is irrelevant to being hired to NASA/SETI, so he could be eighty-fucking-seven and as long as he has the intellectual and creative chops he'll get hired to do some space work. This isn't the movies where young high-school aged kids write two high thesis and are smarter than everybody in the room at an Oxford graduate party. If he's passionate in physics, he should pursue it, and if it turns out to be a mistake following shit he's interested in, I'm sure he'll be okay with such a potential "fuck up".
yea im sure he would be, he would be better off to have another degree in psych which he is only a few months away from getting if it doesnt work it which it wont. im sure nasa scouts people to work for them, has tons of people near genius working on things such as space travel, hes a 25 year old psych major

Last edited by AniMeFaN; 03-28-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:19 AM   #15094
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,707 Times in 3,839 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
i know you dont think that you can get in wiht a bachelors, i never said you thought that.
Bullshit, you just said it in the post I responded to.

Quote:
im saying you are 25 year old psych major who wants to swithc to physics and work for nasa to study space and improve space travel. thats delusional if you think its realistically happening
Read what Trey said and change your view on reality. This isn't a movie where the young, hip, attractive, recently graduated high school guy gets the dream job because he's a secret hacker or some bullshit. A good majority of the people that start working for NASA are generally in their early to mid-30s and you want to know why? They go for their doctorates which takes about 7 years after gaining a bachelor's.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:22 AM   #15095
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
yea im sure he would be, he would be better off to have another degree in psych which he is only a few months away from getting
Seriously, drop it. I'm not changing my mind because some jackass on the internet thinks he knows the world better than everyone else. You're the only one that is holding this view, you realize that right?

Quote:
if it doesnt work it which it wont.
I'll be sure to look you up when I succeed.

Quote:
im sure nasa scouts people to work for them, has tons of people near genius working on things such as space travel, hes a 25 year old psych major
I'm a 25 yr old college student. I'm changing majors so you can drop the pretentious bullshit you're spouting.
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-28-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 01:23 AM   #15096
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Bullshit, you just said it in the post I responded to..
this is why you arent getting into nasa and are delusional, you have done this multiple times arleady just in this thread, not counting the others where you said i said something which i didnt
Old 03-28-2011, 01:23 AM   #15097
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
yea im sure he would, be he would be better off to have another degree in psych which he is only a few months away from getting
Well, he's already said that: a) he's not interested in psych, b) the job market is not strong for a BA in psych holder, c) he doesn't want to spend money on that shit and would rather put it towards physics (fuck yeah).

When trying to challenge his stance, you would do well to argue point B, considering the whole premise of this debate is based upon making money because you have a degree. Until you bring up facts (or even basic points) that supports the refutation of point B, you don't have a leg to stand on (because points A and C are his opinion on what he'd rather pursue academically).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-28-2011), Mal (03-28-2011), Numinous (03-28-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 01:26 AM   #15098
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
this is why you arent getting into nasa and are delusional, you have done this multiple times arleady just in this thread, not counting the others where you said i said something which i didnt
Quote:
you are 25 year old psych major looking to change to physics, graduate undergard at 28 and you think nasa is going to hire you to study space and improve space travel. im a realist and that sounds delusional. sorry if thats too honest for you but it is
Care to try again?

An undergrad degree is an Associates (2 yr) or Bachelor's (4 yr). Graduate degrees are Masters (2-3 yrs after Bachelor's) and Doctorate (~5-7 yrs after Bachelor's). You stated you called me delusional for thinking I would get into NASA with a Bachelor's, when I never said I was going to. YOU were the one that said "NASA" and "Bachelor's", not me.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #15099
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
Care to try again?

An undergrad degree is an Associates (2 yr) or Bachelor's (4 yr). Graduate degrees are Masters (2-3 yrs after Bachelor's) and Doctorate (~5-7 yrs after Bachelor's). You stated you called me delusional for thinking I would get into NASA with a Bachelor's, when I never said I was going to. YOU were the one that said "NASA" and "Bachelor's", not me.
you are 25 year old psych major looking to change to physics, graduate undergard at 28 and you think nasa is going to hire you to study space and improve space travel.im a realist and that sounds delusional. sorry if thats too honest for you but it is

NEVER DID I SAY YOU OR I THOUGHT YOU WOULD GET HIRED WITH A BACHELORS DEGREE ALONE,NEVER
Old 03-28-2011, 01:31 AM   #15100
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
you are 25 year old psych major looking to change to physics, graduate undergard at 28 and you think nasa is going to hire you to study space and improve space travel.im a realist and that sounds delusional. sorry if thats too honest for you but it is

NEVER DID I SAY YOU OR I THOUGHT YOU WOULD GET HIRED WITH A BACHELORS DEGREE ALONE,NEVER
Care to try again? "Graduate undergard at 28" says "Bachelor's", which is the highest Undergrad degree you can get.

Edit: Why the fuck am I arguing with someone that can't even spell "undergrad" or use proper grammar over getting into NASA? Not like Animefan has a shot.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:33 AM   #15101
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
Well, he's already said that: a) he's not interested in psych, b) the job market is not strong for a BA in psych holder, c) he doesn't want to spend money on that shit and would rather put it towards physics (fuck yeah).

When trying to challenge his stance, you would do well to argue point B, considering the whole premise of this debate is based upon making money because you have a degree. Until you bring up facts (or even basic points) that supports the refutation of point B, you don't have a leg to stand on (because points A and C are his opinion on what he'd rather pursue academically).
yea but honestly im not going to go find research done that people with a degree regardless of what it is make more moeny then those who dont on avg, or that he could use that degree to get a better job to pay for the rest of his schooling instead of getting a job with out
Old 03-28-2011, 01:35 AM   #15102
Trey
Legendary

Quote:

Calm down bro. Kael never said he was going to jump straight to NASA after graduating with a BA in physics. Hell, he even said directly it would take him a doctorate at least to do so.

So, you don't have a point here.

Your strongest case was proving that getting a psych degree for higher potential income would be a better move for him while he pursued his physics degree. Otherwise, you're just telling him he's stupid for following his aspirations, which is at most conjecture, at least irrelevant, and at all times assholish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animefan
yea but honestly im not going to go find research done that people with a degree regardless of what it is make more moeny then those who dont on avg, or that he could use that degree to get a better job to pay for the rest of his schooling instead of getting a job with out
That statistic is highly reported but usually out of context. There's no guarantee that kael getting his psych degree would improve his income appreciably in the meantime until he gets his physics degree and does shit that he really wants to. When arguing this point, you can't really just say "fuck what you heard, get a degree, regardless of what it is".

Last edited by Trey; 03-28-2011 at 01:40 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-28-2011), Mal (03-28-2011), Numinous (03-28-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 01:36 AM   #15103
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
Care to try again? "Graduate undergard at 28" says "Bachelor's", which is the highest Undergrad degree you can get.

Edit: Why the fuck am I arguing with someone that can't even spell "undergrad" or use proper grammar over getting into NASA? Not like Animefan has a shot.
yea, i got the same shot as you right now genius and im alot younger. probably better because you constanly make these stupid accusations ebcause of your poor reading comprehension like accusing me of saying you said you would get in with just a bachelors. seriously enver was said.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #15104
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
Calm down bro. Kael never said he was going to jump straight to NASA after graduating with a BA in physics. Hell, he even said directly it would take him a doctorate at least to do so.

So, you don't have a point here.

Your strongest case was proving that getting a psych degree for higher potential income would be a better move for him while he pursued his physics degree. Otherwise, you're just telling him he's stupid for following his aspirations, which is at most conjecture, at least irrelevant, and at all times assholish.
i never said kael said that, thats the thing. i know he said he was going to go to more school after.

yea well the truth hurts some times, he is not going to study space and space travel for nasa, thats being realisitc. he is 25 and a psych major, the people studying space travel for nasa are far more gifted then this guy and its not like this job marked for nasa is in high demand either.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:44 AM   #15105
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
yea, i got the same shot as you right now genius and im alot younger.
As Trey said, age means nothing when it comes to NASA/SETI. The degree and knowledge are what they look for. A 40 year old Doctor of Physics would have a better chance than either of us at getting into NASA. Reason being is experience. That person would have had the opportunities to establish themselves in the field and gain further knowledge from theories and experiments beyond the classroom.

Quote:
probably better because you constanly make these stupid accusations ebcause of your poor reading comprehension like accusing me of saying you said you would get in with just a bachelors. seriously enver was said.
Quote:
graduate undergard at 28 and you think nasa is going to hire you to study space and improve space travel.
Care to try again? I even shortened for you so you don't misinterpret your own post.

I'll say it again for you, "Undergrad" means "Bachelor's at the highest". If I were to start physics this coming fall (which I will), I would graduate at 28 with a bachelor's, as I've already completed 2 years worth of classes for my gen eds for the College of Arts and Sciences. This one statement, by you, says that you think I believe I would get into NASA with a Bachelor's, when I even pointed out that I would have to get a Doctorate to have any chance of getting into NASA.