Narutard chat thread - Page 1019 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #15271
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Narutard chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
stop saying i dont get it, i get what you are saying,
You clearly don't, or you would've stopped by now.

Quote:
im not trying to convince you of anything stop saying i am.
Yes, you are. Or you would've stopped saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Quote:
you are the one who obviously is not getting it becuase you continue to say it makes no sense
So you think that spending $4-5k in tuition and 3 months for a degree that is useless outside of getting into Graduate school would net me money? Clearly that makes a lot of sense...
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #15272
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
So you think that spending $4-5k in tuition and 3 months for a degree that is useless outside of getting into Graduate school would net me money? Clearly that makes a lot of sense...
that doesnt make sense, a degree will get you a better job and improve your 8.5 an hr you make regardless of the type of degree
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #15273
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

No, it won't. A Bachelor's in Psychology will NOT improve anything in the job market. A Bachelor's will NOT get me anything. There are other degrees that have uses at the Bachelor's level that will do what you say, but not Psychology.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:15 PM   #15274
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
No, it won't. A Bachelor's in Psychology will NOT improve anything in the job market. A Bachelor's will NOT get me anything. There are other degrees that have uses at the Bachelor's level that will do what you say, but not Psychology.
you are competiting for low level jobs, you are not competeting with people who have a degree already. you have the upper hand with a degree.

edit:w.e im done with this stupidity, believe what ever you want. get in the last word if you wish im done with the topic.

Last edited by AniMeFaN; 03-29-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #15275
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

No, I don't. I would fall in the "too qualified" category if I had a degree and tried to get an entry level position.

Seriously, think before you post.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #15276
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

Quote:
No, I don't. I would fall in the "too qualified" category if I had a degree and tried to get an entry level position.

Seriously, think before you post.
wowwwwwwww
Old 03-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #15277
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Oh. My. God. Listen here: The economy as it stands doesn't have positions for people that start out a billion dollar an hour. More than likely, degree or not, he'll have to work his way up the ladder. And the degree will increase his likelihood of getting hired. No one will hire you and tack on an extra dollar an hour for the shit of it because you have a degree. My mother nor my father have college degrees. They make enough to put me through college on their own dime with minimum help. Plus, the job he is currently getting he'll be working at while going to school, so it's not the job he plans to start his career with. Speaking of careers, he's going to school for specialized training in his career. A career which he should be passionate about. Obviously, that's no longer psychology. So why complete the degree?

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kina For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-29-2011), Mal (03-29-2011), Nerox (03-30-2011)
Old 03-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #15278
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Animefan - That shit does actually happen, the "too qualified" for a position. Also, keep in mind the vast amount of people with degrees at the moment competing for low level jobs, so him wasting time finishing a degree he doesn't want and wasting money he doesn't have, isn't going to guarantee him any sort of job when he's finished it.

Or fuck it give up on your dreams of a Physics degree, get the Psychology degree you don't want and go be a High School counselor and tell kids the same. Crush them early before their dreams develop.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-29-2011), Mal (03-29-2011), Nerox (03-30-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011)
Old 03-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #15279
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Totally don't give a fuck about kael's personal situation. But to say a bachelor's degree in psychology is worthless is beyond retarded. It's not stupid to suggest having one wouldn't be a bad idea in this particular scenario. Not only is it definitely useful for getting a job despite whatever anyone erroneously thinks, but there is absolutely no guarantee that in this hypothetical situation one would finish off getting some other degree+. Shit happens. One might not be able to follow through with the primary plan and having something to fall back on isn't an idiotic thing by any stretch.

That said, thank Odin you're finally deciding to shut up, animufan. I dunno why you insist on lumping so much stupid into all your arguments all the time. I hate that I semi-agree with a tiny as fuck aspect of all the shit you said, because I think the fact that you said it with so much other stupid shit thrown in is what is making everyone completely shit on the entire thing. At least, that's what I hope is happening. Either way, just say "Do whatever you want, fag" or some shit next time and you'll come out of it looking a lot better.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #15280
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice

AHHAHAHAHAHAH! fuck me, competeting.
rout word competet?
shit, that was funny, to me anyways...
aw....i'm such an ass

tell you what, i know a man who got a useless degree, his name was rob. he was super nice and do you know where he worked? at the age of 28 he worked the lumber area of the Homedepot. he'd been there for 6 years.
I started as a cashier and discovered that i was making only a dollar less than him.

yes, he did have a wonderful major in English, butyou can't do anythign with that unless you have something to apply it to.

physcology is even MORE bull shit than that when itcomes to finding jobs.

anyways, we spoke beautifully, such fine grammar <3

on anoter note, my friend pam is finishing her degree in english, one that took her 5 years to get, and she JUST realized how useless it is.
i love her to bits, but unless you're going to be a teach or a linguist english is not a good subject to major in

which sucks, cause i love english and that's def what i wanted to do

Last edited by Tabris; 03-29-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tabris For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-29-2011)
Old 03-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #15281
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

I would invest money in a few franchises with $1.0 b. Mainly Krispy Kreme, it sells a lot here and there's only one in the whole island. Then I will personally pay for costly medical operations for people that need it. If I see a person in need I would buy them what they need, but I won't give them money. You give money to someone and they probably will spend it on unnecessary stuff.

All the things we imagine when we hear $1,000,000,000...

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #15282
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowblade View Post
No.

The reward --> Someone else is blessed.
You're stupid. What makes you think the money will serve any good purpose if you don't take it?

Quote:
I think he meant in the long run. While $1,000,000,000 would be a damn easy choice, one would have to ask what the catch is. I'm skeptical like that.
I'll add detail:
Donald Trump shows you a room with $1,000,000,000 in it. He then says "Take this money, or I will douse it in gasoline and light it on fire."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowblade View Post
Yes. Thank you.

I would pass up the $1,000,000,000

Someone else probably needs it more than I do. Call me an idiot if you want. Decisive beats Indecisive.
I'd rather be indecisive than stupid. If you want something good done with the money, then take it and do that good thing yourself.

Also, really guys? Investing a billion dollars? You do not need any more than that, you'd already have enough to buy a brand new Aston Martin every week for nearly a century.

Let's suppose you decided to live off $100,000/year, and give your children that much to live off when they reached 20 years old, and they did the same and so on. Assuming three kids each and an average life span of 80 years, you would not run out of money until the 5th generation. You do not need any more money.

Last edited by Mal; 03-29-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-29-2011), Miburo (03-29-2011)
Old 03-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #15283
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I'll add detail:
Donald Trump shows you a room with $1,000,000,000 in it. He then says "Take this money, or I will douse it in gasoline and light it on fire."
In that case, I would take it in a heart beat.
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-29-2011)
Old 03-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #15284
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

I would make it my goal to waste every penny before I died, none to charity.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Tabris (03-30-2011)
Old 03-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #15285
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

I wish someone with a degree in economics can come in here and drop some knowledge, jeez.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote