Narutard chat thread - Page 1024 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #15346
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Narutard chat thread

OK, I don't know where I first posted this, but just wanted to get a gauge on opinion. Around two months ago, a Toronto police officer, while giving a talk on sexual assault and how to avoid it, made the rather uncouth and boorish line that “women should avoid dressing like sluts in order not to be victimized”. Regardless of the merits of the line (which the majority of feminists, liberal thinkers and fickle media feel are non-existent), I think anyone can agree that it was a very insensitive and tactless.

And to reward us all for that blunder, the feminist community brings you "Slutwalk Toronto"!!

Serious. Here's the website and, for those who don't want to click because there are no pictures... yet..., the blurb on why they are doing this:

http://www.slutwalktoronto.com/
Quote:
BECAUSE WE’VE HAD ENOUGH!

On January 24th, 2011, a representative of the Toronto Police gave shocking insight into the Force’s view of sexual assault by stating: “women should avoid dressing like sluts in order not to be victimized”.

As the city’s major protective service, the Toronto Police have perpetuated the myth and stereotype of ‘the slut’, and in doing so have failed us. With sexual assault already a significantly under-reported crime, survivors have now been given even less of a reason to go to the Police, for fear that they could be blamed. Being assaulted isn’t about what you wear; it’s not even about sex; but using a pejorative term to rationalize inexcusable behaviour creates an environment in which it’s okay to blame the victim.

Historically, the term ‘slut’ has carried a predominantly negative connotation. Aimed at those who are sexually promiscuous, be it for work or pleasure, it has primarily been women who have suffered under the burden of this label. And whether dished out as a serious indictment of one’s character or merely as a flippant insult, the intent behind the word is always to wound, so we’re taking it back. “Slut” is being re-appropriated.

We are tired of being oppressed by slut-shaming; of being judged by our sexuality and feeling unsafe as a result. Being in charge of our sexual lives should not mean that we are opening ourselves to an expectation of violence, regardless if we participate in sex for pleasure or work. No one should equate enjoying sex with attracting sexual assault.

We are a movement demanding that our voices be heard. We are here to call foul on our Police Force and demand change. We want Toronto Police Services to take serious steps to regain our trust. We want to feel that we will be respected and protected should we ever need them, but more importantly be certain that those charged with our safety have a true understanding of what it is to be a survivor of sexual assault — slut or otherwise.

We are tired of speeches filled with lip service and the apologies that accompany them. What we want is meaningful dialogue and we are doing something about it: WE ARE COMING TOGETHER. As people from all gender expressions and orientations, all walks of life, levels of employment and education, all races, ages, abilities, and backgrounds, from all points of this city and elsewhere.

We are asking you to join us for SlutWalk, to make a unified statement about sexual assault and victims’ rights and to demand respect for all. Whether a fellow slut or simply an ally, you don’t have to wear your sexual proclivities on your sleeve, we just ask that you come. Any gender-identification, any age. Singles, couples, parents, sisters, brothers, children, friends. Come walk or roll or strut or holler or stomp with us.

Join us in our mission to spread the word that those those who experience sexual assault are not the ones at fault, without exception.
So there you go. The movement as started to take back the word "slut"... though I can't imagine why they'd want it, but then the gays successfully took "queer" back, so maybe it's just an image thing. Can't wait until I can walk up to a 20 year old, dressed whorishly and am able to say in a loud voice "You look like a slut" and she will say "Why, thank you! Aren't you the charmer."

I have two major problems with this. First, this violates my belief that just walking in the street is the epitome of empty gestures, despite media attention. It fails to address the idea that our culture is still highly uncomfortable with sexuality and nudity that we need to have demonstrations that it is OK to be dressed scantily or sexually suggestive, and just marching around all slutted up won't bring the correct level of attention (I've noticed they decided to do this at 2pm on a Sunday... doubt the frat crowd will be out there).

Also, it horribly misplaces the attention - having a bunch of sexually dressed women walking around does not even begin to single out that, as OK as we want it to be that women can dress however they want (even though I could easily argue there are many situations where it is not OK to do so), it is the men of the world that are the ones who can't adjust to it. Typical feminist thinking; we do what we want to define what is OK to be a woman, and you men... just deal with it. As long as they ignore that the male sexuality has to change too, there won't be change. Are men for scantily clad women? Damn right. But because it is easier for us to sexualize them. But hey, being a slut is OK then right? They must want it.

I'm tempted to wander downtown and watch this laughable protest, yelling at the sluts, but then, A) it is also an empty gesture, B) I'm not single, so really, no point and C) I'm betting the women won't be the good looking ones. Just a bet.

Anyway, all that aside, what do people think about this?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-30-2011), KillerNN (03-30-2011), Mal (03-30-2011), manta (03-30-2011), Miburo (03-30-2011), Nerox (03-30-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-30-2011)

Old 03-30-2011, 04:04 PM   #15347
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

That is... Retarded. They're going to avoid being objectified by... objectifying themselves? I'm so confused.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kina For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (03-30-2011), Miburo (03-30-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011), Tabris (03-30-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #15348
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις

Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I would train with Fedor with all that money and most probably lose an arm.
Dude, fucking awesome.

Also, Black and Yellow sucks. Shittiest, and one of the most annoying songs ever produced. I'd listen to Friday over Black and Yellow anyday, and Wiz Khalifa's album sucked shit supposedly.

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KillerNN For This Useful Post:
manta (03-30-2011), Numinous (03-30-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #15349
Marlboro
Drop The World <3

Thanked 1,121 Times in 669 Posts
Marlboro is on a distinguished roadMarlboro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerNN View Post
Dude, fucking awesome.

Also, Black and Yellow sucks. Shittiest, and one of the most annoying songs ever produced. I'd listen to Friday over Black and Yellow anyday, and Wiz Khalifa's album sucked shit supposedly.
I dunno about the album. But Black and Yellow had a nice flow to it IMO. To each his own.

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual, the inspiration
That makes ladies sing the blues
Marlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marlboro For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011), Tabris (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:24 PM   #15350
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina View Post
That is... Retarded. They're going to avoid being objectified by... objectifying themselves? I'm so confused.
No - I think they are saying the objectifying is OK, because they choose it to happen. It is OK to be a slut - but it should not be the reason they get sexually assaulted or subjected to unwanted attention. I.e. it isn't an excuse for men to think they can just act like cads because women are less than respectfully dressed and that if something does happen, how they are dressed or how they act should not be used against them. While that may be correct or not, it is a very idealistic way to think.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-30-2011), Kina (03-30-2011), manta (03-30-2011), Miburo (03-30-2011), Nerox (03-30-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:24 PM   #15351
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

^ I'm wondering why they think being objectified is acceptable, but being treated as such is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
OK, I don't know where I first posted this, but just wanted to get a gauge on opinion. Around two months ago, a Toronto police officer, while giving a talk on sexual assault and how to avoid it, made the rather uncouth and boorish line that “women should avoid dressing like sluts in order not to be victimized”. Regardless of the merits of the line (which the majority of feminists, liberal thinkers and fickle media feel are non-existent), I think anyone can agree that it was a very insensitive and tactless.

And to reward us all for that blunder, the feminist community brings you "Slutwalk Toronto"!!

Serious. Here's the website and, for those who don't want to click because there are no pictures... yet..., the blurb on why they are doing this:

http://www.slutwalktoronto.com/

So there you go. The movement as started to take back the word "slut"... though I can't imagine why they'd want it, but then the gays successfully took "queer" back, so maybe it's just an image thing. Can't wait until I can walk up to a 20 year old, dressed whorishly and am able to say in a loud voice "You look like a slut" and she will say "Why, thank you! Aren't you the charmer."

I have two major problems with this. First, this violates my belief that just walking in the street is the epitome of empty gestures, despite media attention. It fails to address the idea that our culture is still highly uncomfortable with sexuality and nudity that we need to have demonstrations that it is OK to be dressed scantily or sexually suggestive, and just marching around all slutted up won't bring the correct level of attention (I've noticed they decided to do this at 2pm on a Sunday... doubt the frat crowd will be out there).

Also, it horribly misplaces the attention - having a bunch of sexually dressed women walking around does not even begin to single out that, as OK as we want it to be that women can dress however they want (even though I could easily argue there are many situations where it is not OK to do so), it is the men of the world that are the ones who can't adjust to it. Typical feminist thinking; we do what we want to define what is OK to be a woman, and you men... just deal with it. As long as they ignore that the male sexuality has to change too, there won't be change. Are men for scantily clad women? Damn right. But because it is easier for us to sexualize them. But hey, being a slut is OK then right? They must want it.

I'm tempted to wander downtown and watch this laughable protest, yelling at the sluts, but then, A) it is also an empty gesture, B) I'm not single, so really, no point and C) I'm betting the women won't be the good looking ones. Just a bet.

Anyway, all that aside, what do people think about this?
Yeah, that's excruciatingly pointless. "Taking back" the word "slut" is going to accomplish nothing, even if they are successful. They can use slut as a positive descriptor all they want, that doesn't mean the social definition is going to change. If the definition were to change, however, a new word would simply take its place as an insult. That's just one of many issues I have with this poorly thought out display.

Last edited by Mal; 03-30-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-30-2011), Kina (03-30-2011), manta (03-30-2011), Miburo (03-30-2011), Nerox (03-30-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011), Tabris (03-30-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:24 PM   #15352
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις

KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about

Wiz Khalifa has nice flow in general. But what is he talking about? Nothing. Ho's, money, and weed.

I used to like him, back in Flight School days. But, OFWGKTA.

go ahead and fucking eat
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerNN For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #15353
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck yeah, sluts?

Some cop dude said dressing like a slut could get you raped or whatever. Which makes sense to me, since I know I wouldn't want to rape a chick wearing a turtleneck and shit. Gross. But seriously, what if he said "You should keep an eye on your drink at a party, because someone might roofie it up, yo!" It's a suggestion. He's not saying "You get raped, your fault. Should have been more careful with your drink, noob." I wouldn't take any of that shit as him implying that chicks are asking for it or anything. Not that big of a deal. Though, yeah, I personally would have tried to word it a bit better if I was in a position of authority.

So I would say the whole thing is a massive overreaction by stupid women. Inviting kids to join in on the slut parade isn't something I'd consider entirely appropriate either. I don't get the whole slut thing at all, really. But I don't understand women in general. So nothing new there.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-30-2011), kael03 (03-30-2011), KillerNN (03-30-2011), Kina (03-30-2011), Mal (03-30-2011), Marlboro (03-30-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011), Tabris (03-30-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #15354
Marlboro
Drop The World <3

Thanked 1,121 Times in 669 Posts
Marlboro is on a distinguished roadMarlboro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerNN View Post
Wiz Khalifa has nice flow in general. But what is he talking about? Nothing. Ho's, money, and weed.

I used to like him, back in Flight School days. But, OFWGKTA.
Yeah, I noticed in B&Y he was like ......hoe, skipped two lines - .......shining all week hoes. But I am confused, does he sing that song for his car or city?

Also, what did u think of the Lil Wayne remix?

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual, the inspiration
That makes ladies sing the blues

Last edited by Marlboro; 03-30-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Marlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marlboro For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #15355
ACt
Heart Wizard

Hehe - just looked at some of their "allies". One is "TOSluts.com" which is a directory for female escorts in my fair city. Even has it's own free porn section. Wow.

That said, I have no issues with legalized and controlled prostitution, which would be a better issue to march for, but still. This rally just seems like an organizational clusterfuck... oh that's just wrong...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-30-2011), Marlboro (03-30-2011), Miburo (03-30-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #15356
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

From a woman's point of view, that's all bullshit by people who think being equal to men means you're sexually liberated somehow.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kina For This Useful Post:
Marlboro (03-30-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011), Tabris (03-30-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #15357
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

There's no excuse for rape.

However, objectification is to be expected, especially when you go to social places like bars, clubs, parties all dressed for attention. How can you have your breasts and ass hanging out all provocatively and not expect that shit? Being dumb, or self righteous, that's how.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011), Tabris (03-30-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #15358
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Whittemore
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-30-2011), KillerNN (03-30-2011), Mal (03-30-2011), manta (03-30-2011), Marlboro (03-30-2011), Miburo (03-30-2011), Nerox (03-30-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011), Tabris (03-30-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #15359
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις

I hate Lil Wayne.

@ACT's article - Mal basically said what I was thinking. Its ridiculous.

go ahead and fucking eat
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KillerNN For This Useful Post:
Marlboro (03-30-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #15360
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
/salute

I was hoping "with his bare hands" would follow "killed three British soldiers".
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (03-30-2011), KillerNN (03-30-2011), Marlboro (03-30-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-30-2011), UchihaTaijiya (03-30-2011)