Narutard chat thread - Page 953 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #14281
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice
Re: Narutard chat thread

Fap .
ask me anything (02-26-2011), Darth-Nero (02-25-2011), Grammatiker (02-25-2011), kael03 (02-25-2011), Mal (02-25-2011), manta (02-25-2011), Nerox (02-25-2011), Shrike (02-25-2011), Tabris (02-26-2011), Vanity (02-25-2011)

Old 02-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #14282
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Thank you all for you... valid suggestions? Lol, my main sleep aid is coming over for the weekend, so that should help.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #14283
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
I ignore pretty much all of those rules. I sleep comfortably and deeply due to my own sense of self-importance and satisfaction.
Same here, when I sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
The "no electronic stimulus" thing is bullshit. TV especially is actually proven to have the same kind of effect as reading.
I can see that being the case for TV, but anything more interactive or simply exposure particularly bright lights will likely make it more difficult to sleep.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-25-2011)
Old 02-25-2011, 05:41 PM   #14284
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Well, if you really want a valid suggestion.

The exercise thing works. If you are truly having troubles, try to start your day with some sort of exercise. Go for a run/brisk walk or something... maybe get one of those big rubber balls and do pilates. I dunno. But it does help - more energy burned usually requires more rest.

Beyond that, don't fight it. If it is 4 am and you're awake, get up and start your day. If you hit 3 pm and are tired, take a nap if you can. Humans have developed this strange habit of trying to force a schedule on sleep, which we really don't need to. Food is plentiful, we have no predators; there is little reason for us to stick on once schedule. We should treat it more like cats do and sleep when we want to (though not as much). Eventually your body will find a rhythm that works and more often than not, it'll begin to reflect a circadian rhythm with the level of light. The whole artificial light thing is screwing us up. We can easily force our sleep schedules to alter wildly because we can have light when we want it and the night isn't nearly as dark as it should be. Sleep problems are common, so I wouldn't worry about when I slept, but that I slept.

That said, if you want a great night's sleep, get out of the city you are in and go spend some days in the country. I was just up at the cottage (yeah, winter cottaging) and once it hit about 8pm, my body was trying to tell me to go to bed because it was so dark. Very deep sleep, too.

Last edited by ACt; 02-25-2011 at 05:42 PM.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #14285
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Yeah I read about that, basically you can "train" your body to not sleep, but it requires a 2 hour "nap" each 4 hours I think. I got the info image somewhere...

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #14286
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

It's basically fooling your body into skipping straight into REM sleep. Requires a very strict sleep schedule though, if you fuck up you feel tired for over a week.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #14287
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

I'm not specifically talking about never sleeping, but not forcing yourself to sleep. If you get by on six hours every night plus a short nap at some point, work with it. In time, your body finds a routine and you no longer feel tired, like when you adjust from jet lag. You feel like crap for a while but then you reset.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #14288
Vanity
Succumb

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Wut? My eyes hurt like fuck if I stare @ my phone in the dark for some time when I am about to sleep, and it keeps me awake if I keep looking at it. If I read a book, I fall asleep like a hog. Edit: It also depends on how interesting is the thing that you are watching when we are speaking of electronics. If it's boring, then sure, it produces the same effect as a book.
That's weird.

I'll pass out. Unless the conversation I'm having is really important. Even then, if I'm laying down and I'm comfortable, no mater how much I text I'll get progressively tired. I just tell the person to stfu and stop texting me.

Same with TV. I start dosing off if I watch it long enough and I'm comfy :3 Even being at the PC too long makes me tired, regardless of what I'm doing. I just fight it for longer.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
Sensei-Q (02-26-2011)
Old 02-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #14289
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Venusaur

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (02-27-2011), kael03 (02-27-2011), Mal (02-26-2011), OG (02-26-2011), Tabris (02-26-2011)
Old 02-26-2011, 09:33 PM   #14290
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
That's weird.

I'll pass out. Unless the conversation I'm having is really important. Even then, if I'm laying down and I'm comfortable, no mater how much I text I'll get progressively tired. I just tell the person to stfu and stop texting me.

Same with TV. I start dosing off if I watch it long enough and I'm comfy :3 Even being at the PC too long makes me tired, regardless of what I'm doing. I just fight it for longer.
Eh, dunno. I just can't fall asleep when I am looking at my phone. The TV thing is usual, but not if I watch something I really do want to see. Being at the PC for too long gets me tired as well, but I can much easier keep myself awake like that then by reading a book.

Oh, and hi Kluang.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #14291
kluang
One Punch Man

kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Hi .

Sifu

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #14292
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,706 Times in 2,857 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

I fall asleep by closing my eyes since I'm always bored and tired.

Last edited by ninjalostboy95; 02-26-2011 at 10:26 PM.
ninjalostboy95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #14293
kluang
One Punch Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjalostboy95 View Post
I fall asleep by closing my eyes since I'm always bored and tired.
How insightful.

I thought I'm the only one who close my eyes when sleeping. Good to know other people are doing it as well

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (02-27-2011), Jaxon (02-27-2011), kael03 (02-27-2011), Kina (02-27-2011), Mal (02-26-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (02-27-2011), Tabris (02-26-2011)
Old 02-26-2011, 11:11 PM   #14294
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,706 Times in 2,857 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
How insightful.
Don't mention it, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
I thought I'm the only one who close my eyes when sleeping. Good to know other people are doing it as well
I thought I was the only one who didn't care, glad I'm still the only one though.
ninjalostboy95 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ninjalostboy95 For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (02-27-2011)
Old 02-26-2011, 11:11 PM   #14295
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice

I can sleep just about anywhere, although, and this may seems strange, i am well aware, my worst sleeps are in my own bed.
I am not sure why but i sleep best in other peoples places, whether it's on the couch or what have you.

golly, the wit in here is just a shining example of the inteligence of the average homosapien.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote