Narutard chat thread - Page 960 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #14386
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,848 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: Narutard chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I agree with SD. It's a well known fact that PC gaming is more expensive than console gaming. I am not considering all the "free" stuff you can get with a PC because I think there are very few acceptable reasons for piracy. Even including the cost of my TV, I have spent more on my computers in the past 4 years than I have on consoles in the past 10.

Now, this is all based on remaining current with PC gaming. You can't compare the price of console gaming to upgrading your PC a year after a big game. When I wanted to play Oblivion, I got a new computer. When I wanted my laptop to be able to play Crysis, I spent extra on the GPU. When Skyrim is nearing release, I'll be upgrading the desktop I spent $1200 on less than a year ago.

To remain current, PCs have to be upgraded more often and at greater cost than consoles. PC gaming can be cheaper than console gaming, but you'll be months or years behind in games. Also, console gaming is generally "easier" in that it is much less error-prone.

And PC gamers can only cry when a game development company decides the dwindling PC gaming market is not worth the investment of porting the game from their console-developed original.
I...don't think that much upgrading is needed :S I am not a hardcore gamer, but there are many games which do not require you to upgrade as frequent as you sound it to be.
Being months late for a game - I don't see the problem. It's not like I'll die if I wait a few months for a PC version.
And indeed, there are only games for consoles, and there are only games for PC. However, many games get converted so you can play them on PC later, and that rarely happens for a console.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-28-2011), manta (02-28-2011), Sensei-Q (03-01-2011)

Old 02-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #14387
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina View Post
I enjoy console gaming. In my eyes, they're two different experiences and I prefer a controller to a keyboard.
i enjoy both on a comp. just connect controller to comp when i want =D

fps, i prefer mouse and keyboard. for everything else pretty much, i like with controller.
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (03-01-2011), Sensei-Q (03-01-2011)
Old 02-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #14388
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice

I like playing puzzle games, so pc or console
also, d&d, which requires neither of those, it only requires dice, although booze and good company is an asset.
ans snacks

oh, right so I'm joining a campaign on Wednesday! I'm super excited to start playing again!
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #14389
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
I...don't think that much upgrading is needed :S I am not a hardcore gamer, but there are many games which do not require you to upgrade as frequent as you sound it to be.
Being months late for a game - I don't see the problem. It's not like I'll die if I wait a few months for a PC version.
And indeed, there are only games for consoles, and there are only games for PC. However, many games get converted so you can play them on PC later, and that rarely happens for a console.
Exactly, my PC is 4 years old and the only thing I've upgraded is to a 4890. I max Batman AA, play Crysis mid-high at 720p. Graphics have plateaued so far. Except for Battlefield games which suck on optimization.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #14390
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I don't think you need to upgrade your desktop, maybe the video card but everything else is fine.
I'd like a PCIe SSD anyway, so I'm going to get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
No, upgrading your PC is not as frequent an occurrence as I exaggerated it to be, but how often does someone buy a new console? You buy a console and you're golden. Any game released for it is going to work just fine without any further investment (unless it's N64 or lolmotioncontrol).

What rarely happens for a console? Getting a PC game ported to it? I agree; most PC-only games these days are mediocre and not worth porting to consoles.

The fact is, most games today are deigned for console and possibly ported to the PC. Anyone gaming exclusively on the PC is going to miss out on many great games, whereas console gamers will only miss out on a few. Hell, console gamers are most likely even going to get Diablo 3.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (03-01-2011)
Old 02-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #14391
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

Quote:
Careful guys, he's super smart. His teachers think he's gifted.
Wow, you're still on that? I never said I believed them. Lame joke is lame. -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammatiker View Post
NLB - I don't think anyone's buying your attempt at saving face by pretending you have the moral upper hand.
What? I was defending myself. You continued it after I editted "Alright." which is equivalent to "Alright. Damn, was that so hard?" If I didn't continue, obviously I realized I was wrong. I'm not "Saving face."

I can see it now, "You think you're defending yourself but you aren't, durr hurr." I wonder what BS someone will sprout out.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ninjalostboy95 For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (03-01-2011), Shakezula (02-28-2011)
Old 02-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #14392
Sun King
Missing-Nin

Sun King is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Careful guys, he's super smart. His teachers think he's gifted.
Yes. He's quite intelligent.
Sun King is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sun King For This Useful Post:
Shakezula (02-28-2011)
Old 02-28-2011, 10:48 PM   #14393
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Yo, bitch. I'm a mod, you're a dupe.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kina For This Useful Post:
kael03 (02-28-2011), Mal (03-01-2011), Tabris (03-01-2011)
Old 02-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #14394
Grammatiker
Sleeve of Wizard

Grammatiker is an unknown quantity at this point

NLB - I find it consistently amusing that you appear to have this self image that you are disengaging a constant attack on your poor, humble self.

The reality of the situation is this: you admitted your failure and then effectively recanted it. Whether or not you think you implied it afterwards is neither here nor there; you attempted to modify your admission and therefore are attempting to regain some form of dignity.

I think that sends a strong message: you actually care what these people think about you. That's adorable.

Also, nice try at making me seem the fool. Too bad you're out of your element, bub.

Edit: Also, my woman's a mod. Your move, tough guy.

لا هنا ولا هناك

"L'homme n'est rien d'autre que son projet,
il n'existe que dans la mesure où il se réalise,
il n'est rien donc rien d'autre que l'ensemble de ses actes,

rien d'autre que sa vie."

Jean-Paul Sartre

Last edited by Grammatiker; 02-28-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Grammatiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #14395
Kina
Star-Stuff

Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Cool story, bub.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kina For This Useful Post:
Grammatiker (02-28-2011)
Old 02-28-2011, 11:19 PM   #14396
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

Quote:
NLB - I find it consistently amusing that you appear to have this self image that you are disengaging a constant attack on your poor, humble self.
I ended the argument with my admission then editted it with the same meaning.

Quote:
The reality of the situation is this: you admitted your failure and then effectively recanted it. Whether or not you think you implied it afterwards is neither here nor there; you attempted to modify your admission and therefore are attempting to regain some form of dignity.
I can't edit something even though it has the same meaning as the original post? Excellent logic.

Quote:
I think that sends a strong message: you actually care what these people think about you. That's adorable.
idgaf. I switched it because I can. I can switch it back, doesn't make a difference.

Quote:
Too bad you're out of your element, bub.
Arrogant, aren't we?
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ninjalostboy95 For This Useful Post:
Shakezula (02-28-2011)
Old 02-28-2011, 11:24 PM   #14397
Grammatiker
Sleeve of Wizard

I'm really curious about your logic. Do explain to me how saying simple "alright" equates to "I have no idea what I'm talking about, so I'll conceded defeat instead of talking out of my ass."

The fact that you're so defensive says a lot, really.

Also, don't confuse arrogance with confidence, boy. Wait a few years, refine yourself and then come back to play with the big kids.

لا هنا ولا هناك

Jean-Paul Sartre

Old 02-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #14398
Shakezula
Missing-Nin

Shakezula is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Edit: Also, my woman's a mod. Your move, tough guy.
Hrm.. Self-image bashing and whatnot...

Shakezula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #14399
Grammatiker
Sleeve of Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakezula View Post
Hrm.. Self-image bashing and whatnot...

Equal partners, smart-ass.

It just so happens that my partner has manly, god-like powers.

لا هنا ولا هناك

Jean-Paul Sartre

Old 02-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #14400
Kina
Star-Stuff

I couldn't dominate him if I tried. I'm rather happy with our exchange.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kina For This Useful Post:
Grammatiker (02-28-2011)