Narutard chat thread - Page 966 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #14476
Shakezula
Missing-Nin

Shakezula is on a distinguished road
Re: Narutard chat thread

rap is awesome
<3 rap

Nicki minaj is hot. she makes me hard like gardevoir<33333333333
Shakezula is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shakezula For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (03-05-2011), ninjalostboy95 (03-06-2011)

Old 03-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #14477
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,707 Times in 3,839 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakezula View Post
rap is awesome
Sorry, but I'm not one to conform to that crap.

Yes, I used another All That Remains song. It was the only band I could quickly think of with a song fitting for that comment. Plus the song came up on my iTunes.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-06-2011), Nerox (03-06-2011), Tabris (03-05-2011)
Old 03-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #14478
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Why you no like rap bro?
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #14479
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Why you no like rap bro?
It's not that I don't like it. I like a couple of artists, and that's really about it. I like metal because it's far more intense. Metal usually has more of a message behind it than "I have a lot of hoes and I'm in a gang". It also takes more talent to actually play the damn instruments instead of just sampling from other artists and then butchering the music. Also, a lot of the newer "rappers" all sound the same. I'm talking artists that have emerged in the past 5 years or so, older artists have distinctive styles that others would never copy.

Plus a lot of rappers seem like they're only in it for the money. I've seen rappers put out 10 cds in a 5 year span, all sounding damn near identical. Then there are metal bands that would produce 4-5 albums in a 10 year span and each album sounds different but keeps with the band's "feel".
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
kluang (03-06-2011), Mal (03-06-2011), Nerox (03-06-2011), Numinous (03-05-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-06-2011), Tabris (03-05-2011)
Old 03-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #14480
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry, KNN, but the only song by Lupe Fiasco I enjoy listening to is Daydreamin' and it's because of Jill Scott.

Overall, rap comes to me as a genre that doesn't fill the parameters that I like: it's too dissonant for straight melodies (like cantus firmus, experimental classical music, indie, etc), but not dissonant enough for melodies based on dissonance (metal, epic classical music, horror music), the lyrics are hit or miss ("shorty" being the word I despise the most) and the lack of real instruments in the vast majority of rap is very disappointing (although it'd be weird to listen to a rapper sing with an harpsichord fugue as the beat, it'd still be better than this crap. Talk about a complete waste of a good premise).

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (03-05-2011), Mal (03-06-2011)
Old 03-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #14481
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις

Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
It's not that I don't like it. I like a couple of artists, and that's really about it. I like metal because it's far more intense. Metal usually has more of a message behind it than "I have a lot of hoes and I'm in a gang". It also takes more talent to actually play the damn instruments instead of just sampling from other artists and then butchering the music. Also, a lot of the newer "rappers" all sound the same. I'm talking artists that have emerged in the past 5 years or so, older artists have distinctive styles that others would never copy.

Plus a lot of rappers seem like they're only in it for the money. I've seen rappers put out 10 cds in a 5 year span, all sounding damn near identical. Then there are metal bands that would produce 4-5 albums in a 10 year span and each album sounds different but keeps with the band's "feel".
This is totally wrong. You must not have heard of men like J.Cole and Lupe Fiasco, who don't brag about money and decided to shy away from fame. Both men are true lyricists, who simply write poetry and combine it with an instrumental. Thats like me saying " lolmetal is stupd becuz it iz jus yellin derrr", which is fucking stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Sorry, KNN, but the only song by Lupe Fiasco I enjoy listening to is Daydreamin' and it's because of Jill Scott.

Overall, rap comes to me as a genre that doesn't fill the parameters that I like: it's too dissonant for straight melodies (like cantus firmus, experimental classical music, indie, etc), but not dissonant enough for melodies based on dissonance (metal, epic classical music, horror music), the lyrics are hit or miss ("shorty" being the word I despise the most) and the lack of real instruments in the vast majority of rap is very disappointing (although it'd be weird to listen to a rapper sing with an harpsichord fugue as the beat, it'd still be better than this crap. Talk about a complete waste of a good premise).
I would bet money either J.Cole or Lupe Fiasco could rap to classical music.

Don't judge rap as a genre of music. Both of these men are extremely intelligent and educated men who shun average "Hip-Hop" culture. I don't like many rappers, but they have earned my respect completely. Lil Wayne, T.I., Rick Ross, etc. I would understand due to the large amount of ignorance they spit.

Edit: But its whatever, I could give a fuck what goes into your ears and mind. I enjoy good music, regardless of the genre.

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..

Last edited by KillerNN; 03-06-2011 at 12:03 AM.
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #14482
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Ya'll need some Slick Rick in your lives.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (03-06-2011)
Old 03-06-2011, 12:17 AM   #14483
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point

anybody who posts here going to be watching the ncaa tourny and making a bracket?
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:19 AM   #14484
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

I like eminem

thats the only rap singer I listen too.

I hate pop

I listen to rock.

except in the morning. they gave headheache.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #14485
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerNN View Post
This is totally wrong. You must not have heard of men like J.Cole and Lupe Fiasco, who don't brag about money and decided to shy away from fame. Both men are true lyricists, who simply write poetry and combine it with an instrumental. Thats like me saying " lolmetal is stupd becuz it iz jus yellin derrr", which is fucking stupid.
First of all, it's my opinion of the music genre. I don't give a fuck if you think it's wrong or not, it's my opinion (shared by a lot of other metalheads, by the way). Second, you clearly missed the part where I said "a lot of rappers". I did not say "all rappers are in it for the money" I said "it seems a lot of rappers are in it for the money". I'll go back with my album example: in a 5 year period you'll see ~6-10 albums from a single rap "artist" using samples from other artists works, and not much of a variety in the way the songs sound. With metal you might see 2 albums from any single band, and the cds will sound completely different from each other while keeping with the band's style.

Quote:
I enjoy good music, regardless of the genre.
So do I. And in my opinion, rap isn't good music. I'm not completely intolerant to rap like I am with country, but it's not something I prioritize into my music purchases.

Edit: As a word of warning - I haven't eaten in 7 hours and I'm drinking on a mostly empty stomach. You have been warned.

Last edited by kael03; 03-06-2011 at 12:32 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-06-2011), Nerox (03-06-2011), Sensei-Q (03-06-2011)
Old 03-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #14486
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerNN View Post

I would bet money either J.Cole or Lupe Fiasco could rap to classical music.

Don't judge rap as a genre of music. Both of these men are extremely intelligent and educated men who shun average "Hip-Hop" culture. I don't like many rappers, but they have earned my respect completely. Lil Wayne, T.I., Rick Ross, etc. I would understand due to the large amount of ignorance they spit..
nothing he said was wrong, even you only named a few in the whole genre. you said you dont like many, neither does he, neither do i. for good reasons to.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:45 AM   #14487
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Edit: As a word of warning - I haven't eaten in 7 hours and I'm drinking on a mostly empty stomach. You have been warned.
Keep posting. I want to witness this.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kina For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (03-06-2011)
Old 03-06-2011, 12:47 AM   #14488
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina View Post
Keep posting. I want to witness this.
The night is still young, and Orphan is being a bitch in FFXIII (seriously, damn thing just 1 shotted my main character when I had the thing almost fucking dead).

Unfortunately, I'll be out of Captain Morgan after my next drink...but I have Jack as a backup. Plus I'm almost certain the people in the room above mine are fucking, or it's the lobby and they're moving shit around.

Last edited by kael03; 03-06-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #14489
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

I guess Jon and I are going to bed soon, so save this grand adventure!

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #14490
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

Quote:
rap is awesome.
Yes.

Quote:
<3 rap
rap <3 you.

Quote:
Nicki minaj is hot. she makes me hard like gardevoir<33333333333
This. So hard. I would smash and not even clean up.

on music topic: I listen to rap and metal/death metal(Not the pussy death metal, the hardcore shit) but just recently started death metal(Mastodon(sp?) and Deathclok are pretty cool.) I love rap and metal equally.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote