Time Skip BEFORE manga 525 - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 07-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #31
Narutologist
ANBU

Narutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the rough
Re: Time Skip BEFORE manga 525

Sorry, I can not see a time skip in the near future. If there is a time skip it would be after the war, sasuke/naruto battle, and naruto becoming hokage. Anything before that would be a waste of time IMO. The purpose of the first time skip was to show growth and through training. at this point these guys are training within hours no need for the year time skip...

Old 07-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #32
krurk
ANBU

krurk will become famous soon enoughkrurk will become famous soon enoughkrurk will become famous soon enough

Alright why would there not be a time skip soon? I will list a couple reasons to why I think there is going to be a time skip...

1. Kushina has been leading to Naruto learning FTG and learning seals, they are having her do this whole explaination and Naruto needs something to give him the one up on Sasuke so FTG would do the trick, and the only way Naruto can learn all this is from a Uzumaki, so I am predicting Naruto finding an Uzumaki and taking him back to the leaf to help him with training, this is Uzumaki may be his uncle or something, a relative who was close to both Kushina and Minato.

2. A new Team 7. Kohonahamaru has been showed becoming more and more powerful making it more likely that Naruto will lead his team after the time skip during the 4th Ninja War, if so this would be an excellent way to do the time skip because it would give Naruto a way to show off his new techniques.

3. Sasuke and Naruto have to have time to develop their techniques, I am completely against them fighting in the next 35 chapters because it would be way to soon.

4. Why not let them age a year or two? We could see Naruto and Sasuke at completely new levels, plus them in a ninja war would be pretty sweet.

5. Finally, Naruto is still only 16 to 17 years old, at this age he will never be named Hokage, if Kishi does the time skip for maybe 2 to 3 years, then another year or so of fighting, Naruto will be around the age of 21, eclipsing his father as the youngest hokage in the leaf at a reasonable age.
krurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #33
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough

I like the idea of a time-skip. That way we would see all characters older, more experienced, mature and powerful. Not to mention, it adds to the drama.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #34
01purple
Owlett

Thanked 1,373 Times in 913 Posts
01purple is on a distinguished road01purple is on a distinguished road

Plus, Sasuke will be even MORE insane!
01purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #35
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Time skip is a dumb idea. Why? Because Kishi has many balls rolling that don't involve Naruto or Sasuke - such as the WAR that is apparently going on. A time skip would mean both Naruto and Sasuke are off training/recovering and the reason to skip time would be so the story could get back to them. I.e. ignore everyone, focus only on Naruto and Sauske - EXACTLY what bugs most of us here. No to time skip, yes to story lines for everyone else in the war.

And kill a few more main characters, too. Maybe have some of the ninja nations turn on each other. Cool shit that would actually happen in war.

Also, Kishi likes duality and themes - P2 won't end until Naruto and Sasuke do fight, just like in P1. What would be interesting is having them both die in their final fight, time skip and pick up with the fallout. You could call it Naruto: Legacy.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
01purple (07-19-2010)
Old 07-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #36
Lalalila
Missing-Nin

Thanked 1,101 Times in 752 Posts
Lalalila will become famous soon enoughLalalila will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01purple View Post
Plus, Sasuke will be even MORE insane!
Pumpkin! I miss you! <3
Lalalila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #37
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
Time skip is a dumb idea. Why? Because Kishi has many balls rolling that don't involve Naruto or Sasuke - such as the WAR that is apparently going on. A time skip would mean both Naruto and Sasuke are off training/recovering and the reason to skip time would be so the story could get back to them. I.e. ignore everyone, focus only on Naruto and Sauske - EXACTLY what bugs most of us here. No to time skip, yes to story lines for everyone else in the war.

And kill a few more main characters, too. Maybe have some of the ninja nations turn on each other. Cool shit that would actually happen in war.

Also, Kishi likes duality and themes - P2 won't end until Naruto and Sasuke do fight, just like in P1. What would be interesting is having them both die in their final fight, time skip and pick up with the fallout. You could call it Naruto: Legacy.
You're forgetting the sheer difference in power between the "minor" characters and Naruto/Sasuke. A timeskip would allow them to close the gap, if only slightly. And it could be easily explained DUE TO the war going on. Years and years of fighting going by, all of the characters becoming stronger and more mature as a result.
The Following User Says Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
liondemon (07-19-2010)
Old 07-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #38
01purple
Owlett

Thanked 1,373 Times in 913 Posts
01purple is on a distinguished road01purple is on a distinguished road

One thing that's bugging me about the war. Who will the five nations be fighting with? They formed an alliance (possibly will be broken), so they wont be fighting eachother...
01purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:18 PM   #39
TheBaron
Danish Chef and gamer

TheBaron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm. Madara/Kabuto with his "edo tensei's"?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #40
krurk
ANBU

krurk will become famous soon enoughkrurk will become famous soon enoughkrurk will become famous soon enough

Then it wont be much of a war. Most likely, alliances will be broken, I am thinking the Cloud, Sand, and Leaf will remain allied while the Rock and Mist ally with Tobi and Sasuke.
krurk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krurk For This Useful Post:
liondemon (07-19-2010)
Old 07-19-2010, 06:14 PM   #41
liondemon
Missing Kage

liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by krurk View Post
Then it wont be much of a war. Most likely, alliances will be broken, I am thinking the Cloud, Sand, and Leaf will remain allied while the Rock and Mist ally with Tobi and Sasuke.
im praying the war breaks down into sides too. Divide the sides until the end of war where Naruto solely, not Raikage, is the one known for officially, 1st uniting all nations and ninja in their world. It's Naruto's destiny to create peace for all nations and between all nations. The manga will have a happy ending, says Kishi, and even in Naruto World, world peace wont happen overnight which is now one of Naruto's "goals", and the destiny that his Master and Nagato sacrificed their lives to leave to him. Time skip

I see it more like, Konoha, Sand, Mist, Rain vs. Iron, Rock, Cloud once Killer B is taken, and Madara and company. New way of thinking and living vs. old way of thinking and living. I think that all of Orochu's "experiments" and prisoners that Sasuke set free will fight with Sasuke if their world is choosing sides. The little people wont really know the details of the reasons for war, but if everyone is choosing sides, im sure they are going with the guy that they owe their freedom and life to, Sasuke. Orochu's "experiments" should come in handy for Sasuke. His personal CS/ Orochu tampered with army that are loyal to him only.

Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny

Last edited by liondemon; 07-19-2010 at 06:15 PM.
liondemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #42
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

There should be a time-skip about 5 years into the war.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #43
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

I highly doubt that Kiri would defect from the Alliance, as Mei seems to be pretty deeply affected by the distrust the other Kage have for her because Akatsuki sprung up in her village. Plus there's the fact that she wrested control from the likely Madara-controlled Yagura. Onoki had his little epiphany that was never explained out of nowhere after the Summit due to Gaara's words, so he's not going anywhere. Raikage still has KB, and since Akatsuki has already tried to capture him TWICE, he has no sympathy for them. Obviously Gaara isn't going to side with Akatsuki, and there's absolutely no way in HELL Konoha would.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #44
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

If Kisame sneaks out of the chakra munching sword and captures Bee, I could see Kumo going nuts and blaming everyone (even Naruto) which would lead to massive shit going down. These villages don't all like each other, so anything is possible.

I also wonder what Madara has left in the Water Nation - perhaps he can mess it up a bit more there too.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #45
liondemon
Missing Kage

liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light

Gaara's words were inspiration to the Rock Kage, but when he goes back home to his village, he isnt suddenly changed. He is the same old sac he was before Gaara's words. Once Raikage loses B, he will hate Madara, but I bet Rai, Rock Kage, and Mifune are all old and "wise enough" to make the safe move. Kill Naruto before Madara gets him. Rai will be like, If they can take my brother, they can definitely take that little shit. Mifune wont risk Madara getting Kyuubi either. Old men learn not to take world order threatening risks like that. Safer to kill Naruto than to try to protect him from someone that cannot be toughed. Rock Kage will agree and side with Rai for security reasons. Tsunade has faith and puts it in this new generation, especially in Naruto. Mizukage is clearly a peaceful Kage, disliking and likely the one that ended the Bloody Mist era, and seems to put her faith in her younger Mist Swordsman. She wont agree to kill Naruto. Gaara is a given. I kinda expect some Lords to turn on their villages as well for refusing to kill the Kyuubi jinjuriki, which i imagine all, if not most of the lords might come to an agreement on once Naruto is the final piece to Madara's puzzle.

Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny

Last edited by liondemon; 07-19-2010 at 07:05 PM.
liondemon is offline   Reply With Quote