The importance of chakra - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 07-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
Yellowflash
Genin

Yellowflash is an unknown quantity at this point
The importance of chakra

Chakra has always been important in Narutoverse. Which explains the popularity of the bijuu and their hosts. Because of the fact that they have an (almost) unlimited amount of chakra, they have an unlimited amount of power. Thus making Chakra power.

If you are a ninja without chakra, it basically means that you are worth shit. Even though you are considered to be among the best of your village.

A good example would be kakashi, every time when he uses MS he's out of chakra and thus worthless. Also charakters as Shikamaru and Yamato have had problems with the amount of their chakrapool.
Now, a lot of chapters ago, Tsunade gave us proof that there is a solution for that problem. She used the "yin-seal" on her forehead to store chakra when she's resting, and releases that seal in battle when she's almost out of chakra.

Now, with the new ninja-war appearing on the horizon, wouldn't it be time that Tsunade descides to share the knowledge of this seal with people like Kakashi? After all, if Kakashi would have twice the amount of chakra that he has now, woudn't that make him twice the better ninja in battle?

Discuss!

Last edited by Yellowflash; 07-21-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Yellowflash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yellowflash For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (07-21-2010)

Old 07-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough
Re: The importance of chakra

Better ninjas, on an average, posses better chakra pools than average ninjas. What's your point ??
Old 07-21-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Najiro
Chuunin

Najiro is on a distinguished road

yellow flash you forgot that most likely using that seal also shortens her lifespan and is for emergency uses only.

I am too lazy to find proof or anything but I believe that if this was possible everyone in the Ninja world would use that tech or atleast everyone in konoha
Najiro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Najiro For This Useful Post:
TheThinker (07-21-2010)
Old 07-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
Yellowflash
Genin

My points are that:

- In the beginning of the story, it were the jutsu that were important. Remember Orochimaru and his queste for Jutsu, making him in his opinion the most powerfull being.
- In order for a village to have a lot of power, a bijuu, is almost irrelevant if Tsunade's seal would be popularised. It would make ninja like Kakashi extremely powerfull
- And that brings me to my second point, isn't this kind of a loop hole in Kishi's story? I mean, with such a simple system such a gigantic boost can be created. Yet Tsunade is the only one that uses it, or seems to have thought of that.

EDIT: @Najiro: Her lifespan was shortened by the healing-jutsu she used afterwards.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
Najiro
Chuunin

Najiro is on a distinguished road

also we don't know how much chakra there can be sealed in that. maybe it's just 10%.

And most likely that seal will still have a drawback
Najiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
Yellowflash
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najiro View Post
also we don't know how much chakra there can be sealed in that. maybe it's just 10%.

And most likely that seal will still have a drawback
Could be, but woudn't she without the seal have been a gonner?
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/169/16/
Also before releasing the seal, Tsunade hadn't fought yet, so she shoud have been full of chakra. Instead she released the seal. Meaning that the chakra the healing process was going to require was bigger than her natural quantity of chakra (or at least would consist of a considerable amount). After her healing she summoned katsuya meaning she still had quite some chakra left.
I think it's clear that we're not just talking about 10% here. More along the lines of 80 - 100%?
Old 07-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

The seal is specifically designed to heal any injuries she sustains while it's activated. It's not "back-up" chakra. The chakra she puts into it determines how long the seal will stay active. She uses it in emergencies only because the rapid healing shortens her lifespan based off the theory that cells can divide so many times in a lifetime. By the way, that also means Naruto's lifespan is shortened when he's transformed because the 9 tails is constantly healing him.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #8
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

I agree kakashi needs a bigger chakra pool/stamina..

Hea already shown to be seenin level by competeing with itachi while protecing kurenai and asuma.
While fighting both hidan and kakuzu at the same time.
And even by almost taking out deva on his own.

But, he always starts to get low on chakra, his reflexes slow down, his jutsu pitter out and his ability to compete on that level disappears like Box Of crispy cremes at choujis house.

If only kakashi could find a way to get some wolf sage training to increase his chakra pool he would be a fucking beast!!!!!

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #9
Yellowflash
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
The seal is specifically designed to heal any injuries she sustains while it's activated. It's not "back-up" chakra. The chakra she puts into it determines how long the seal will stay active. She uses it in emergencies only because the rapid healing shortens her lifespan based off the theory that cells can divide so many times in a lifetime. By the way, that also means Naruto's lifespan is shortened when he's transformed because the 9 tails is constantly healing him.
But here, http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/169/16/, she's saying otherwise, she says she store it there and after that used it. Also, Narutopedia seems to agree with this, they say: "Yin Seal: Release is a powerful sealing technique used by Tsunade. Over a period of time, Tsunade will focus and build up chakra in the seal mark on her forehead. The release command will disperse the seal and allow the stored chakra to pump back into her body". Also according to narutopedia, the english name of the seal is "reserve seal" which basically says the same thing.
The whole healingthing afterwards is kind of irrelevant.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #10
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Read what she says when she describes the seal. It makes her body create the various enzymes required to cause cell division. The small amount of chakra she constantly feeds it is for the purpose of sustaining that chemical reaction for extended periods of time. The healing is NOT irrelevant...IT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE SEAL.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
Yellowflash
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Read what she says when she describes the seal. It makes her body create the various enzymes required to cause cell division. The small amount of chakra she constantly feeds it is for the purpose of sustaining that chemical reaction for extended periods of time. The healing is NOT irrelevant...IT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE SEAL.
I did, and you should read my post. On page 16 of chapter 169 Tsunade says, she used that chakra to stimulate various enzymes....
By her saying she used it, it means that she actively did a jutsu after releasing the seal. Also, every site thas information about it calls it the reserve-seal after its translation. That clearly says it for me. If you were to be correct about this, the seal would probably be called "friggin'-heal-everything-seal".
Old 07-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #12
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις

Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about

A ninja needs chakra to fight.

If you don't have KKG, Genius mind, or PnJ and you have low chakra your useless. You suck. MANGKA FAKTZ

Look at Shikamaru or Kakashi, 2 geniuses and powerful ninja. They don't have much chakra to use, but they could still beat some of the higher ups. Why is that? They are geniuses. Chakra isn't always needed to win, but with ninja that have Ulti-Chakra (Naruto,Kisame,Raikage) it is an important factor. Now with Tsunade, that seal on her head is for healing and not to preserve chakra. Tsunade already has above average chakra, because she is Senju. And I don't think that seal is something that could be done for everyone, it would be redundant.

Also, I don't think Kakashi has weak or a little chakra. Don't forget, just HAVING Sharingan drains and stresses a non-Uchiha body. Taking off his mask and using the Sharingan makes it even worse. The Sharingan constantly feeds off of his chakra, because it isn't a natural part of him. If Kakashi didn't have the Sharingan, I'm sure that he would use many more jutsu and still be strong because he is Kakashi. From his blood (his father was Sanin level, that had to be powerful chakra) his chakra already seems to be above average, Sharingan is what holds him back not his chakra levels.

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerNN For This Useful Post:
Wolverine (07-21-2010)
Old 07-21-2010, 05:03 PM   #13
Yellowflash
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
A ninja needs chakra to fight.

If you don't have KKG, Genius mind, or PnJ and you have low chakra your useless. You suck. MANGKA FAKTZ

Look at Shikamaru or Kakashi, 2 geniuses and powerful ninja. They don't have much chakra to use, but they could still beat some of the higher ups. Why is that? They are geniuses. Chakra isn't always needed to win, but with ninja that have Ulti-Chakra (Naruto,Kisame,Raikage) it is an important factor. Now with Tsunade, that seal on her head is for healing and not to preserve chakra. Tsunade already has above average chakra, because she is Senju. And I don't think that seal is something that could be done for everyone, it would be redundant.

Also, I don't think Kakashi has weak or a little chakra. Don't forget, just HAVING Sharingan drains and stresses a non-Uchiha body. Taking off his mask and using the Sharingan makes it even worse. The Sharingan constantly feeds off of his chakra, because it isn't a natural part of him. If Kakashi didn't have the Sharingan, I'm sure that he would use many more jutsu and still be strong because he is Kakashi. From his blood (his father was Sanin level, that had to be powerful chakra) his chakra already seems to be above average, Sharingan is what holds him back not his chakra levels.
1. Why don't you read my post, what can you say on that? I'm interested in your opinion but I want some proof before I believe you.
2. I never said Kakashi has weak chakra, or did I??
Old 07-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #14
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
I agree kakashi needs a bigger chakra pool/stamina..

Hea already shown to be seenin level by competeing with itachi while protecing kurenai and asuma.
While fighting both hidan and kakuzu at the same time.
And even by almost taking out deva on his own.

But, he always starts to get low on chakra, his reflexes slow down, his jutsu pitter out and his ability to compete on that level disappears like Box Of crispy cremes at choujis house.

If only kakashi could find a way to get some wolf sage training to increase his chakra pool he would be a fucking beast!!!!!
I'm having real difficulty perceiving Kakashi as Sannin level, because for me, Jiraiya and Orochimaru at their best epitomize Sannin and not Tsunade. Kakashi only looked brave and valiant because Itachi was daydreaming through the fight. The moment he got somewhat close to being serious, Kakashi got pawned worse than a Chuunin...

Last edited by Wolverine; 07-21-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Wolverine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #15
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,705 Times in 2,857 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowflash View Post
If you are a ninja without chakra, it basically means that you are Dead.
Fixed it for you.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote