The importance of chakra - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
Yellowflash
Genin
 
Yellowflash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 122
Thanks: 7
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Yellowflash is an unknown quantity at this point
The importance of chakra

Chakra has always been important in Narutoverse. Which explains the popularity of the bijuu and their hosts. Because of the fact that they have an (almost) unlimited amount of chakra, they have an unlimited amount of power. Thus making Chakra power.

If you are a ninja without chakra, it basically means that you are worth shit. Even though you are considered to be among the best of your village.

A good example would be kakashi, every time when he uses MS he's out of chakra and thus worthless. Also charakters as Shikamaru and Yamato have had problems with the amount of their chakrapool.
Now, a lot of chapters ago, Tsunade gave us proof that there is a solution for that problem. She used the "yin-seal" on her forehead to store chakra when she's resting, and releases that seal in battle when she's almost out of chakra.

Now, with the new ninja-war appearing on the horizon, wouldn't it be time that Tsunade descides to share the knowledge of this seal with people like Kakashi? After all, if Kakashi would have twice the amount of chakra that he has now, woudn't that make him twice the better ninja in battle?

Discuss!
__________________

Last edited by Yellowflash; 07-21-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Yellowflash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yellowflash For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (07-21-2010)


Old 07-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
Wolverine
Special Jounin
 
Wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Guess....
Age: 25
Posts: 2,177
Thanks: 2,666
Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough
Re: The importance of chakra

Better ninjas, on an average, posses better chakra pools than average ninjas. What's your point ??
__________________
Wolverine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Najiro
Chuunin
 
Najiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Age: 22
Posts: 514
Thanks: 587
Thanked 254 Times in 119 Posts
Najiro is on a distinguished road
Re: The importance of chakra

yellow flash you forgot that most likely using that seal also shortens her lifespan and is for emergency uses only.

I am too lazy to find proof or anything but I believe that if this was possible everyone in the Ninja world would use that tech or atleast everyone in konoha
Najiro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Najiro For This Useful Post:
TheThinker (07-21-2010)
Old 07-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
Yellowflash
Genin
 
Yellowflash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 122
Thanks: 7
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Yellowflash is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The importance of chakra

My points are that:

- In the beginning of the story, it were the jutsu that were important. Remember Orochimaru and his queste for Jutsu, making him in his opinion the most powerfull being.
- In order for a village to have a lot of power, a bijuu, is almost irrelevant if Tsunade's seal would be popularised. It would make ninja like Kakashi extremely powerfull
- And that brings me to my second point, isn't this kind of a loop hole in Kishi's story? I mean, with such a simple system such a gigantic boost can be created. Yet Tsunade is the only one that uses it, or seems to have thought of that.

EDIT: @Najiro: Her lifespan was shortened by the healing-jutsu she used afterwards.
__________________
Yellowflash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yellowflash For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (07-21-2010)
Old 07-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
Najiro
Chuunin
 
Najiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Age: 22
Posts: 514
Thanks: 587
Thanked 254 Times in 119 Posts
Najiro is on a distinguished road
Re: The importance of chakra

also we don't know how much chakra there can be sealed in that. maybe it's just 10%.

And most likely that seal will still have a drawback
Najiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
Yellowflash
Genin
 
Yellowflash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 122
Thanks: 7
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Yellowflash is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The importance of chakra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najiro View Post
also we don't know how much chakra there can be sealed in that. maybe it's just 10%.

And most likely that seal will still have a drawback
Could be, but woudn't she without the seal have been a gonner?
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/169/16/
Also before releasing the seal, Tsunade hadn't fought yet, so she shoud have been full of chakra. Instead she released the seal. Meaning that the chakra the healing process was going to require was bigger than her natural quantity of chakra (or at least would consist of a considerable amount). After her healing she summoned katsuya meaning she still had quite some chakra left.
I think it's clear that we're not just talking about 10% here. More along the lines of 80 - 100%?
__________________
Yellowflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,691
Thanks: 4,760
Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: The importance of chakra

The seal is specifically designed to heal any injuries she sustains while it's activated. It's not "back-up" chakra. The chakra she puts into it determines how long the seal will stay active. She uses it in emergencies only because the rapid healing shortens her lifespan based off the theory that cells can divide so many times in a lifetime. By the way, that also means Naruto's lifespan is shortened when he's transformed because the 9 tails is constantly healing him.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #8
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage
 
Konnaha_yellow_flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 7,810
Thanks: 853
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: The importance of chakra

I agree kakashi needs a bigger chakra pool/stamina..

Hea already shown to be seenin level by competeing with itachi while protecing kurenai and asuma.
While fighting both hidan and kakuzu at the same time.
And even by almost taking out deva on his own.

But, he always starts to get low on chakra, his reflexes slow down, his jutsu pitter out and his ability to compete on that level disappears like Box Of crispy cremes at choujis house.

If only kakashi could find a way to get some wolf sage training to increase his chakra pool he would be a fucking beast!!!!!
__________________
KNOWLEDGE TO LIVE BY...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...


MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....


ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #9
Yellowflash
Genin
 
Yellowflash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 122
Thanks: 7
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Yellowflash is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The importance of chakra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
The seal is specifically designed to heal any injuries she sustains while it's activated. It's not "back-up" chakra. The chakra she puts into it determines how long the seal will stay active. She uses it in emergencies only because the rapid healing shortens her lifespan based off the theory that cells can divide so many times in a lifetime. By the way, that also means Naruto's lifespan is shortened when he's transformed because the 9 tails is constantly healing him.
But here, http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/169/16/, she's saying otherwise, she says she store it there and after that used it. Also, Narutopedia seems to agree with this, they say: "Yin Seal: Release is a powerful sealing technique used by Tsunade. Over a period of time, Tsunade will focus and build up chakra in the seal mark on her forehead. The release command will disperse the seal and allow the stored chakra to pump back into her body". Also according to narutopedia, the english name of the seal is "reserve seal" which basically says the same thing.
The whole healingthing afterwards is kind of irrelevant.
__________________
Yellowflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #10
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,691
Thanks: 4,760
Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: The importance of chakra

Read what she says when she describes the seal. It makes her body create the various enzymes required to cause cell division. The small amount of chakra she constantly feeds it is for the purpose of sustaining that chemical reaction for extended periods of time. The healing is NOT irrelevant...IT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE SEAL.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
Yellowflash
Genin
 
Yellowflash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 122
Thanks: 7
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Yellowflash is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The importance of chakra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Read what she says when she describes the seal. It makes her body create the various enzymes required to cause cell division. The small amount of chakra she constantly feeds it is for the purpose of sustaining that chemical reaction for extended periods of time. The healing is NOT irrelevant...IT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE SEAL.
I did, and you should read my post. On page 16 of chapter 169 Tsunade says, she used that chakra to stimulate various enzymes....
By her saying she used it, it means that she actively did a jutsu after releasing the seal. Also, every site thas information about it calls it the reserve-seal after its translation. That clearly says it for me. If you were to be correct about this, the seal would probably be called "friggin'-heal-everything-seal".
__________________
Yellowflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #12
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις
 
KillerNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa,Florida
Posts: 2,083
Thanks: 3,563
Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about
Re: The importance of chakra

A ninja needs chakra to fight.

If you don't have KKG, Genius mind, or PnJ and you have low chakra your useless. You suck. MANGKA FAKTZ

Look at Shikamaru or Kakashi, 2 geniuses and powerful ninja. They don't have much chakra to use, but they could still beat some of the higher ups. Why is that? They are geniuses. Chakra isn't always needed to win, but with ninja that have Ulti-Chakra (Naruto,Kisame,Raikage) it is an important factor. Now with Tsunade, that seal on her head is for healing and not to preserve chakra. Tsunade already has above average chakra, because she is Senju. And I don't think that seal is something that could be done for everyone, it would be redundant.

Also, I don't think Kakashi has weak or a little chakra. Don't forget, just HAVING Sharingan drains and stresses a non-Uchiha body. Taking off his mask and using the Sharingan makes it even worse. The Sharingan constantly feeds off of his chakra, because it isn't a natural part of him. If Kakashi didn't have the Sharingan, I'm sure that he would use many more jutsu and still be strong because he is Kakashi. From his blood (his father was Sanin level, that had to be powerful chakra) his chakra already seems to be above average, Sharingan is what holds him back not his chakra levels.
__________________
Call me out on my stupid shit, and I'll return the favor.
If you leave me rep, put your name so I can rep you back.
The Cap'n

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerNN For This Useful Post:
Wolverine (07-21-2010)
Old 07-21-2010, 05:03 PM   #13
Yellowflash
Genin
 
Yellowflash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 122
Thanks: 7
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Yellowflash is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The importance of chakra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
A ninja needs chakra to fight.

If you don't have KKG, Genius mind, or PnJ and you have low chakra your useless. You suck. MANGKA FAKTZ

Look at Shikamaru or Kakashi, 2 geniuses and powerful ninja. They don't have much chakra to use, but they could still beat some of the higher ups. Why is that? They are geniuses. Chakra isn't always needed to win, but with ninja that have Ulti-Chakra (Naruto,Kisame,Raikage) it is an important factor. Now with Tsunade, that seal on her head is for healing and not to preserve chakra. Tsunade already has above average chakra, because she is Senju. And I don't think that seal is something that could be done for everyone, it would be redundant.

Also, I don't think Kakashi has weak or a little chakra. Don't forget, just HAVING Sharingan drains and stresses a non-Uchiha body. Taking off his mask and using the Sharingan makes it even worse. The Sharingan constantly feeds off of his chakra, because it isn't a natural part of him. If Kakashi didn't have the Sharingan, I'm sure that he would use many more jutsu and still be strong because he is Kakashi. From his blood (his father was Sanin level, that had to be powerful chakra) his chakra already seems to be above average, Sharingan is what holds him back not his chakra levels.
1. Why don't you read my post, what can you say on that? I'm interested in your opinion but I want some proof before I believe you.
2. I never said Kakashi has weak chakra, or did I??
__________________
Yellowflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #14
Wolverine
Special Jounin
 
Wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Guess....
Age: 25
Posts: 2,177
Thanks: 2,666
Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough
Re: The importance of chakra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
I agree kakashi needs a bigger chakra pool/stamina..

Hea already shown to be seenin level by competeing with itachi while protecing kurenai and asuma.
While fighting both hidan and kakuzu at the same time.
And even by almost taking out deva on his own.

But, he always starts to get low on chakra, his reflexes slow down, his jutsu pitter out and his ability to compete on that level disappears like Box Of crispy cremes at choujis house.

If only kakashi could find a way to get some wolf sage training to increase his chakra pool he would be a fucking beast!!!!!
I'm having real difficulty perceiving Kakashi as Sannin level, because for me, Jiraiya and Orochimaru at their best epitomize Sannin and not Tsunade. Kakashi only looked brave and valiant because Itachi was daydreaming through the fight. The moment he got somewhat close to being serious, Kakashi got pawned worse than a Chuunin...
__________________

Last edited by Wolverine; 07-21-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Wolverine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #15
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point
 
ninjalostboy95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY, Far Rockaway(currently)
Age: 18
Posts: 5,950
Thanks: 8,420
Thanked 4,705 Times in 2,857 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice
Re: The importance of chakra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowflash View Post
If you are a ninja without chakra, it basically means that you are Dead.
Fixed it for you.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 4th Hokage Giffica Naruto Manga 365 08-21-2009 11:47 PM
The Naruto Debating FC MikeyM1979 Official Fanclubs 1734 07-09-2009 08:59 PM
Naruto 442 Discussion thinmints Naruto Manga 750 04-08-2009 03:53 AM
Naruto's recovery after 6tails compared to recovery from 4tails Ero-Sage Naruto Manga 20 04-03-2009 02:56 PM
Click Here For Real Info On Real Chakra Yarasumi Chit Chat 87 04-14-2006 12:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.