Obama Strongly Backs Islam Center Near 9/11 Site - Page 9 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 08-20-2010, 09:19 PM   #121
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Obama Strongly Backs Islam Center Near 9/11 Site

I think it is funny that people are afraid of Islam affecting American law, but they don't give shit about the fact that Christians are lobbying like crazy to create and keep faith-based laws.

In all honesty, Christianity is a greater threat to America since Americans don't perceive it as crazy like all of the other invisible man cults.

- Heraclitus

Last edited by RNB; 08-20-2010 at 09:21 PM.
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RNB For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-20-2010), Darth-Nero (08-20-2010), Miburo (08-20-2010), ninjalostboy95 (08-20-2010), Numinous (08-21-2010), Servo (08-21-2010), stubborn_d0nkey (08-20-2010)

Old 08-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #122
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
So you are saying that the government shouldn't allow this? And why wouldn't he be in jail?
Not saying they shouldn't be allowed and I gave that analogy because here in america the group that has wronged us still remains free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
[COLOR="Lime"]

Why are you grouping the Muslim supporters of this mosque with the extremists responsible for 9/11? I'm willing to bet the extremists are just as pissed at peaceful Muslims as they are at the US in general.

How did they "get one over on us?" The terrorists didn't demolish the WTC to make room for a mosque, they did it to kill people and destroy shit, so a mosque being built there is in no way a victory for them.

And in the 50s we were going to have flying cars by the year 2000, and in the 60s we were going to live on the moon some day, and in the 70s Russia was going to nuke the US, and in the 80s the VCR was going to kill movie theatres, and in the 90s the internet was going to revolutionize learning. Things that are expected to happen don't, and unexpected things do. Get over it.

The people who wish to build this mosque are not affiliated with any terrorist organization, so grouping them with the terrorists is inaccurate.
I am in no way grouping regular Muslims with the terrorists but since they share a common religion anything done by normal Muslims that can be viewed as a snipe at us the extremists will count as a victory for themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjalostboy95 View Post
No, they don't. Church and state.

Edit: You guys need to reread the first post 100 times. It's not even funny anymore. Seriously, 5th grade reading.
Yes I understand that we have a separation of church and state and the state has no right ot dictate to a church where they can or cannot build.. it's just the principal of the matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

At the other shit I didn't quote: Stupid. It's not "loose/loose." We allow people to have the freedom to build shit on the land they own, like they should since this is America. We preserve our FREEDOM. We win.

There is no lose. Some pussies cry, but that's lol.[B] And some dumbshit extremist pussy terrorists might warp it into some sort of personal victory, but they would do that either way. "haha, they're taking away the freedoms of their citizens due to the terror we caused alalalalalala" They're pussies.[B] Anyone who knows anything about manly battling knows that they're cowards who CANNOT win. That's why they sneak attack unarmed civilians and other pussy shit. Because it's all they can do.

@YOU-Saying you're smart doesn't make you smart. Saying we twist conversations doesn't make that true either. You can't prove either, so whatever. All talk. Not manly. Man up. Etc. I'm sure you know the drill by now. .

@ highlighted.. this is the whole argument I'm making they may warp it as a victory gain more to their cause and have more troops to attack us with

and me being smart makes me smart not just stating such
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #123
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,706 Times in 2,857 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

You're very paranoid HR. What will they achieve by building a durka church near the site? Nothing, they have 100 other durka churches in NY. Seriously, you biased? They can't take over anything or change laws, they don't have that power and seperation of church and state means government can't touch church and vice versa. If you want to complain about a religion you should pick Christianity.(No offense to any Christian.)

Last edited by ninjalostboy95; 08-20-2010 at 09:47 PM.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #124
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Rasengan View Post
Not saying they shouldn't be allowed and I gave that analogy because here in america the group that has wronged us still remains free
Any respect/whateva I had for you is lost.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-20-2010), Servo (08-21-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #125
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

He's blaming the actions of some fucktard extremists and pinning it on non-extremist Muslims, thinking they'll do the same. He's just being paranoid.

Last edited by ninjalostboy95; 08-21-2010 at 02:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ninjalostboy95 For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (08-20-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #126
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for stating the obvious

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
ninjalostboy95 (08-20-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 10:22 PM   #127
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@ highlighted.. this is the whole argument I'm making they may warp it as a victory gain more to their cause and have more troops to attack us with

and me being smart makes me smart not just stating such
You didn't highlight anything...

And wow. Yeah, they'll amass an army that can take down MOTHER FUCKING AMERICA with an extremely petty, non-existent moral victory. "Hai fellow durkas. MANLY AMERICA let some American durkas build a durka church. Which is exactly what they would have let them do prior to us pussy crashing some planes into some building anyway. We're really making progress nao, amirite allalalalalalla!"

Can't believe you'd say you're smart. Especially in that post. Well, okay, I can believe it. Since you're an idiot. But you know what I mean. Well, you probably don't. But the people that are actually smart know what I mean.

You're dumb.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Mal (08-21-2010), Servo (08-21-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #128
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi

Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
You're very paranoid HR. What will they achieve by building a durka church near the site? Nothing, they have 100 other durka churches in NY. Seriously, you biased? They can't take over anything or change laws, they don't have that power and seperation of church and state means government can't touch church and vice versa. If you want to complain about a religion you should pick Christianity.(No offense to any Christian.)
I am not paranoid dude .. I'm not saying that them having the church there is going to change america what I'm saying as the extremists will use it as a victory just like Mibs said they can use it in a warped sense of victory..I'm saying the same thing dude so which is it are we wrong or what

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
Any respect/whateva I had for you is lost.
ok .. didn't request it

Quote:
He blaming the actions of some fucktard extremists and pinning it on non-extremist Muslims, thinking they'll do the same. He's just being paranoid.
like I said thats not what I'm saying at all .. now what I am saying is the actions of the non extremists will be taken credit for by the extremists
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Old 08-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #129
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Most of the people protesting this move don't/won't realize that the people that caused 9-11 were extremists. Most Muslims aren't like that. In fact, most Muslims all but denounce Bin Laden and his terrorists. While Islam is a violent religion, so is Christianity. Both religions preach that if you don't follow them, something very bad will happen to you.
Quoting part of my post because it seems to be relevant to HR's idiocy. Though I do find it funny that he thanked the post, but apparently didn't read all of it.

Seriously, building a Muslim church won't do anything. They can't influence the government unless they set up a coup d'├ętat. The chances of them succeeding in something like that is next to 0.
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-20-2010), Numinous (08-21-2010), Servo (08-21-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #130
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Captain America in that pic = Steve.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
kael03 (08-20-2010), Numinous (08-21-2010), Servo (08-21-2010), stubborn_d0nkey (08-21-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #131
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
You didn't highlight anything...

And wow. Yeah, they'll amass an army that can take down MOTHER FUCKING AMERICA with an extremely petty, non-existent moral victory. "Hai fellow durkas. MANLY AMERICA let some American durkas build a durka church. Which is exactly what they would have let them do prior to us pussy crashing some planes into some building anyway. We're really making progress nao, amirite allalalalalalla!"

You're dumb.
sorry aint got the hang of bolding yet.. but i am not saying they will take down america but this moral victory will rally people to their cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Quoting part of my post because it seems to be relevant to HR's idiocy. Though I do find it funny that he thanked the post, but apparently didn't read all of it.

Seriously, building a Muslim church won't do anything. They can't influence the government unless they set up a coup d'├ętat. The chances of them succeeding in something like that is next to 0.
not saying they will take america over but the building of the mosque on ground zero will rally troops to their cause much in the same way the invasion of Iraq did

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Old 08-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #132
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
not saying they will take america over but the building of the mosque on ground zero will rally troops to their cause much in the same way the invasion of Iraq did
Re-read the article. It's not ON ground zero but nearby. The Muslims wanting to build a mosque there are NOT the same as the ones that made the attack. Read what I quoted and you'll see I point out that most Muslims denounce Bin Laden and his followers. Most Muslims are very friendly people.
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (08-20-2010), Miburo (08-20-2010), ninjalostboy95 (08-20-2010), Numinous (08-21-2010), Servo (08-21-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #133
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
sorry aint got the hang of bolding yet..
You just mark the words and then press the B button. Not exactly the rocket science,really.

and you're stupid btw.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Mal (08-21-2010), Miburo (08-20-2010), Servo (08-21-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 10:46 PM   #134
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Quote:
sorry aint got the hang of bolding yet.. but i am not saying they will take down america but this moral victory will rally people to their cause
Yeah, I can totally see you having trouble mastering the extremely difficult technique required to bold text. No worries.

And who cares? They'll recruit people regardless. I doubt there are many religiously fanatic durkas over in durka terrorist land sitting there going "Praise allah, I would join the extremist durka movement to crush the infidels and shit. But only if America let some other Americans build a durka church around where the WTC towers used to be. Otherwise, forget it."

You're being retarded, dude. I'm telling you this because I'm nice. Like I'd tell my friend if he had some spinach stuck in his teeth.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Mal (08-21-2010), Servo (08-21-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #135
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Quote:
I am not paranoid dude .. I'm not saying that them having the church there is going to change america what I'm saying as the extremists will use it as a victory just like Mibs said they can use it in a warped sense of victory..I'm saying the same thing dude so which is it are we wrong or what
How is that a victory? Building a durka church? Are they changing America's constitution? The answer is no because NO ONE can change the constitution no matter how powerful you are. It's still a free country dude. I don't see the victory here.

Quote:
ok .. didn't request it
and vice versa.

Quote:
like I said thats not what I'm saying at all .. now what I am saying is the actions of the non extremists will be taken credit for by the extremists
What? No, the pussy as plane crashing extremists are the ones we have a problem with, not the Islamic people/Muslims. You're being paranoid dude. We aren't giving the extremists credit.

Last edited by ninjalostboy95; 08-20-2010 at 10:55 PM.