What ? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 07-16-2005, 10:40 PM   #1
the_fat_alchemist
the fear in your dreams

the_fat_alchemist is an unknown quantity at this point
What ?

in the bible it says you can't sleep wit your sister
but adam and eve had 2 sons and 2 dauters so for us to be here some one had to sleep with his sister

http://www.myspace.com/blackruto"
the_fat_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2005, 11:08 PM   #2
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_alchemist
in the bible it says you can't sleep wit your sister
but adam and eve had 2 sons and 2 dauters so for us to be here some one had to sleep with his sister

i'll explain that one, back then the dna was perfect, with out defects. So they could mate without two bad things in the dna matching up. Now there are an amount of defalt in the dna that makes it bad to reproduce within the family line. As sson as it became dangerous or harmful for incest to ccur God said thsat it was not aloud, before then they had to, or we wouldn't be here, now would we? ^^
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:36 AM   #3
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
I'm a christian, but I cannot answer your question. I have to disagree with Tabris, though. I cannot say that God just decided to add in a rule afterwards. It was stated that God said, "You are not to sleep with a relative" in the book of Leviticus. So, as myself, I thought, "Why didn't He mention this earlier, at Genesis?" I asked my very wise mom, and she told me that not everything is written in the Bible. I can agree to this. NOT EVERYTHING IS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE. The year, day, and time is not known to when God created the earth, or whether when Adam and Eve had their first son. When Moses gave the commandments to the people, God already knew what the commandments were going to be. There are more than 100 commandments that God stated. I'm sure that those stood even during Genesis times. What happened with the reproducing after Adam and Eve's heirs, no one can say or know for sure. It's a mystery, and only God knows.

I have to ask, though, Tabris, where did you get your information on this thread about?

EDIT: OK, i was wrong. I just went to bible gateway to look up the different versions. I read the Amplified version, here it is.

16So Cain went away from the presence of the Lord and dwelt in the land of Nod [wandering], east of Eden.

17And Cain's wife [one of Adam's offspring] became pregnant and bore Enoch; and Cain built a [a]city and named it after his son Enoch.

And a foot note:
Genesis 4:17 C.H. Dodd (cited by Adam Clarke, The Holy Bible with A Commentary) shows that it would have been possible for Adam and Eve, in the more than 100 years he estimates may have elapsed since their union, to have had over 32,000 descendants at the time Cain went to Nod, all of them having sprung from Cain and Abel, who married their sisters.

Tabris, I guess I was wrong.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi

Last edited by YoshiToshi; 07-18-2005 at 06:21 AM.
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:58 AM   #4
xXGaaraXx
Demon Days

xXGaaraXx is an unknown quantity at this point
bible is supposed to be partly story and contextual with some fact behind it.....adam and eve-story, egyptians enslaved israelites-fact
adam and eve as science has shown is a contextual story with a message behind it....ur not supposed to take it factually like that is how humans were truly created....and dont steal stuff from comedy central.....

xXGaaraXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:07 AM   #5
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXGaaraXx
bible is supposed to be partly story and contextual with some fact behind it.....adam and eve-story, egyptians enslaved israelites-fact
adam and eve as science has shown is a contextual story with a message behind it....ur not supposed to take it factually like that is how humans were truly created....and dont steal stuff from comedy central.....
Who are you talking to? Me, Tabris, or alchemist?

Old 07-18-2005, 06:11 AM   #6
xXGaaraXx
Demon Days

xXGaaraXx is an unknown quantity at this point
alchy stole that from carlos mencia

xXGaaraXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:22 AM   #7
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

OH yeah...... I think I saw him one time on Comedy central. I remember, now.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:52 AM   #8
Khari
Gyokunyo

Khari is infamous around these partsKhari is infamous around these parts
Yes stop watching Comedy central Faty XD I'm not very religious
Old 07-18-2005, 10:56 AM   #9
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice
The bible is nota story, it's a compilation of historical documents. I would like to know how old you are, the one who asked thier mother. Has she researched it, and studied it rather extencively, as i have, i never state anythign with out have studied my oppinion to make sure it is the correct one. And just so i'm clear on what you are specifying, i would like the exact reference for the verse in leviticus, so i may look up the origional hebrew word and see how it was as it was first writen. Thankyou, i apreciat your help. ^^
Old 07-19-2005, 02:10 AM   #10
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris
The bible is nota story, it's a compilation of historical documents. I would like to know how old you are, the one who asked thier mother. Has she researched it, and studied it rather extencively, as i have, i never state anythign with out have studied my oppinion to make sure it is the correct one. And just so i'm clear on what you are specifying, i would like the exact reference for the verse in leviticus, so i may look up the origional hebrew word and see how it was as it was first writen. Thankyou, i apreciat your help. ^^
I'm the one that asked my mom. I'm currently 14, and no, my mom hasn't been "studying" this sort of thing. I asked her, and she said, "No, it's a mystery to us". I went to biblegateway.com, and I looked it up in the bible. I used the amplified version, which has in parentheses, [Adam's offspring], which basically means his sister. My mom was left speechless, and I told her to ask her pastor. Anyways, I'm actually not to sure myself, and until I can know for sure, I'm not saying that I'm right, or you're right, because I don't know what to believe at this moment.

I read the part where it says not to sleep with your sister, aunt, etc.... In leviticus 18. The whole chapter basically talks about not to have sexual relations with relatives and such.

Old 07-19-2005, 10:52 AM   #11
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

flareofdragon is on a distinguished roadflareofdragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i'll explain that one, back then the dna was perfect, with out defects. So they could mate without two bad things in the dna matching up. Now there are an amount of defalt in the dna that makes it bad to reproduce within the family line. As sson as it became dangerous or harmful for incest to ccur God said thsat it was not aloud, before then they had to, or we wouldn't be here, now would we? ^^
<_< Then why does our DNA suck? That makes no sense whatsoever, considering that perfect DNA is in the eye of the beholder (for example, if adam and eve were white, they couldn't stand up to ultraviolet rays as much as I can), and that if they were perfect, we would be perfect.

flareofdragon.deviantart.com
flareofdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:22 AM   #12
Tabris
Sexy Lady

our dna sucks because of sina nd deteariorations, mainly mutations, actually. kind of like evolution, but it's not. Every once in a while dna does mutate, but it mutates for the worse... like they found 12 foot tall human sceletons, we have lost the ability to grow that tall, which sucks.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:22 PM   #13
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

flareofdragon is on a distinguished roadflareofdragon is on a distinguished road
<_< which proves you know nothing about mutation. Mutation does not have to be good or bad, its the surroundings that destroy the bad ones. (Oh btw, being that tall sucks too, especially in our environment, and these humans probably did not have much intelligence capacity, making this a very very bad human for our era). For example, a DNA could mutate (when forming the sperm/egg) so that the child can have darker skin. Environments nearer to the equator would make this a very good mutation. Thats how evolution works.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:31 PM   #14
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

Quote:
our dna sucks because of sina nd deteariorations, mainly mutations, actually. kind of like evolution, but it's not. Every once in a while dna does mutate, but it mutates for the worse... like they found 12 foot tall human sceletons, we have lost the ability to grow that tall, which sucks.
I think I get what you mean. Just like back in the days of Adam and such, people could live over 500 years old. it's kinda like that, right?

Old 07-20-2005, 10:11 AM   #15
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha1412Toshi
I think I get what you mean. Just like back in the days of Adam and such, people could live over 500 years old. it's kinda like that, right?
<_< you ignore what I stated, again.

>_> these 12 foot humans couldn't go to any hot and humid places you know. Because they started out in Africa, these humans couldn't keep cool by perspiration. In fact, because they were giants, the sun kept them hotter, thus they were very limited on the places they could visit without dying by dehydration. They had to keep by rivers, and by genetic mutations, they got smaller and smaller, finally allowing them to go places where they couldn't go before.

I saw this in the National Geographic channel.