Gaara's Ultimate Defense - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 11-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
ZionHikari
Lemonade

ZionHikari is an unknown quantity at this point
Gaara's Ultimate Defense

I thought it was part of his special automatic Jink power, and I thought his eye shadow and forehead tatoo was because of the Jink too, but it was extracted long ago but he lived, so loophole?
ZionHikari is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Gaara's Ultimate Defense

Uh... you thought wrong?
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
itachikillsnaruto (11-18-2010), k-lai (11-19-2010), Marlboro (11-20-2010), TheBaron (11-17-2010)
Old 11-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Try reading the manga sometime. It will explain everything.

But I'll explain, since you're too lazy/stupid to do this. His sand defense is back because he trained himself to control sand to near Shukaku levels. The forehead mark is a scar he placed on himself after his uncle died trying to kill him. The shadows under his eyes are because for most of his life he's been unable to sleep due to fear of Shukaku taking over completely. He died from the extraction process, but Chiyo gave her life in a jutsu to bring Gaara back.

Does that help?
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Gakure (11-19-2010), itachikillsnaruto (11-18-2010), k-lai (11-19-2010), Marlboro (11-20-2010), NeoKakarott023 (11-18-2010)
Old 11-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
ZionHikari
Lemonade

ZionHikari is an unknown quantity at this point

I already know that, only part I didn't know was he could control sand near shukaku level, it literally does it automatically without him looking, and his eye should be returning to normal since he can sleep now.
ZionHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:04 AM   #5
Marlboro
Drop The World <3

Thanked 1,121 Times in 669 Posts
Marlboro is on a distinguished roadMarlboro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionHikari View Post
I already know that, only part I didn't know was he could control sand near shukaku level, it literally does it automatically without him looking, and his eye should be returning to normal since he can sleep now.
He's been with that power since he was young. He got used to it. So, even if the Ichibi was taken from him, he would still know how to do it.

The only difference is he has to control the sand with his own Chakra now.

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual, the inspiration
That makes ladies sing the blues
Marlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marlboro For This Useful Post:
gaarasandchick13 (11-18-2010), Gakure (11-19-2010), itachikillsnaruto (11-18-2010), k-lai (11-19-2010), NeoKakarott023 (11-18-2010)
Old 11-18-2010, 09:37 AM   #6
itachikillsnaruto
Henshin

itachikillsnaruto will become famous soon enoughitachikillsnaruto will become famous soon enough

looks like this thread is finished good job everyone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itachikillsnaruto For This Useful Post:
k-lai (11-19-2010), thegodfather2450 (11-20-2010)
Old 11-19-2010, 05:48 AM   #7
Coffee
Academy Student

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought the Shukaku inside Gaara was protecting him for its own well being. So Gaara really never had to pay attention due to the Shukaku always protecting him.

Now that there isn't a constant inner surveillance via the Shukaku, I agree with the OP in asking how he can have the ultimate defense if he himself can't constantly survey like the Shukaku did. Does that make sense?

Maybe I'm wrong?

Last edited by Coffee; 11-19-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coffee For This Useful Post:
Scientia (11-20-2010)
Old 11-19-2010, 06:09 AM   #8
Sensei-Q
✪✪✪✪✪

Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,726 Posts
Sensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura about

So:

Gaara - Sand

Yugito - Blue Fire?

Yagura - Mist

Roushi - Lava

Han - Steam/Wind

Utakata - Bubbles

Fū - ((I have no idea))

Killer B - Ink

Naruto - Rikudo Sennin

Naruto's "trait" is the most haxxed. But it's overkill. Not just a bit better, it's overkill, lol. Especially cause he's Uzumaki and he triggered this shit.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:48 AM   #9
k-lai
ANBU

k-lai will become famous soon enoughk-lai will become famous soon enoughk-lai will become famous soon enough

don't worry it comes along with the package .
Old 11-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #10
n6hokage
Academy Student

n6hokage can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
I thought the Shukaku inside Gaara was protecting him for its own well being. So Gaara really never had to pay attention due to the Shukaku always protecting him.

Now that there isn't a constant inner surveillance via the Shukaku, I agree with the OP in asking how he can have the ultimate defense if he himself can't constantly survey like the Shukaku did. Does that make sense?

Maybe I'm wrong?
I Agree with you. it does make sense. shukaku had a 360 degrees view around gaara. so gaara only focused on whats infront of him. he didnt have to worry about whats around him cause shukaku wouldve defend those attacks. which is why no one was able to kill gaara when he was a child cause shukaku would block any attack.

Even neji has to spin very quickly to be able to have an almost comple 360 degree view. The only way i can deemed possible gaara having his defense is by having very fine chakra molded sand grains (invisible to the naked eye)floating all around him that would enable him to senses any attack passing through.
n6hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #11
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post

Maybe I'm wrong?

The sand originally surrounded Gaara and was very active. Later the same sand was packed into the gourd (meaning Gaara had some control over it and can use it at will). So even without the shikaku, it still acts independent.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gakure For This Useful Post:
itachikillsnaruto (11-19-2010), Marlboro (11-19-2010)
Old 11-19-2010, 03:35 PM   #12
That1CheezyGuy
Chuunin

That1CheezyGuy is on a distinguished roadThat1CheezyGuy is on a distinguished road

Best answer I can come up with is Kishi changes his mind a lot
That1CheezyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:17 PM   #13
Skullbat01
ANBU

Skullbat01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by That1CheezyGuy View Post
the ultimate plot hole spackle
Skullbat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skullbat01 For This Useful Post:
itachikillsnaruto (11-22-2010), That1CheezyGuy (11-22-2010)
Old 11-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #14
Marlboro
Drop The World <3

Thanked 1,121 Times in 669 Posts
Marlboro is on a distinguished roadMarlboro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by n6hokage View Post
I Agree with you. it does make sense. shukaku had a 360 degrees view around gaara. so gaara only focused on whats infront of him. he didnt have to worry about whats around him cause shukaku wouldve defend those attacks. which is why no one was able to kill gaara when he was a child cause shukaku would block any attack.

Even neji has to spin very quickly to be able to have an almost comple 360 degree view. The only way i can deemed possible gaara having his defense is by having very fine chakra molded sand grains (invisible to the naked eye)floating all around him that would enable him to senses any attack passing through.
I like the idea of invisible Chakra molded sand grains. If Gaara does in fact use them, then I think that it would probably work by Gaara sending the invisible grains out of his gourd at a fixed radius before the battle starts and an enemy that sends out an attack that enters through that fixed radius automatically activates the ultimate defense.

But again, lets not forget that like every other normal Shinobi, Gaara now depends on his own Chakra. So he won't be able to keep his ultimate defense up for long. And its not really an ultimate defense anymore. We were clearly shown in the Rock Lee vs. Gaara match during the Chuunin exams that anyone with high speed can counter/break through Gaara's defense. So, against normal fodder ninja and probably against those Zetsu clones, it would work. But against Ninjas like Raikage, Sasuke etc. who move really fast, the defense would be somewhat useless IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That1CheezyGuy View Post
I stopped caring a while back.

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual, the inspiration
That makes ladies sing the blues
Marlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #15
itachikillsnaruto
Henshin

itachikillsnaruto will become famous soon enoughitachikillsnaruto will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONFIRMED!! View Post
I like the idea of invisible Chakra molded sand grains. If Gaara does in fact use them, then I think that it would probably work by Gaara sending the invisible grains out of his gourd at a fixed radius before the battle starts and an enemy that sends out an attack that enters through that fixed radius automatically activates the ultimate defense.

But again, lets not forget that like every other normal Shinobi, Gaara now depends on his own Chakra. So he won't be able to keep his ultimate defense up for long. And its not really an ultimate defense anymore. We were clearly shown in the Rock Lee vs. Gaara match during the Chuunin exams that anyone with high speed can counter/break through Gaara's defense. So, against normal fodder ninja and probably against those Zetsu clones, it would work. But against Ninjas like Raikage, Sasuke etc. who move really fast, the defense would be somewhat useless IMO.

I stopped caring a while back.

if any ninja is gonna fight gaara they should already assume that gaara sand is already in the ground breaking up th dirt and trees to make more sand.