Games and all things related - Page 120 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:55 PM   #1786
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Games and all things related

It's a multiplayer component that uses that massive universe. You can't say for sure that they haven't focused as much as needed on the single player story, they could have completed it as best they could then moved on to the multiplayer feature. Given their track record (minus DA2) you can at least give them the benefit of the doubt till the game comes out. With the pushed back release date, you could also say that they're spending that time refining the single player too, it's a possibility, it's not like Bioware are an indie team and can't concentrate on two things at once.

If when it comes out and you can see that the single player has suffered badly then yeah, but it's not like Bioware are known to constantly disappoint. Again, give them the benefit of the doubt, it might actually turn out to be pretty decent and well designed.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #1787
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, simply because ME 1 and 2 were amazing games, but I don't think they should have taken the "mainstream" route and given Mass Effect a multiplayer function in the final game of the trilogy. It's not needed and there is a lot of outcry against it. Had Bioware made the first 2 games with multiplayer, then I wouldn't have an issue, because the precedent would be there and I wouldn't be worried about the effects it would have on the story.

I'm sorry, but I don't think Mass Effect needs a multiplayer feature, not this late in the series. Even if they justify it with "affecting the 'Galactic Readiness'", it's not needed.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #1788
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Fair enough. I just don't think it's too big of an issue, as long as they still deliver with a great single player, any more good features that the game gives me I'll be happy with. I think the majority of current Mass Effect players welcome this or don't give a shit either way. It's only a minority that are causing that outcry out of paranoia and as usual it's the loudest ones that get heard and as such it seems like it's a huge deal. If it brings in new players because of it then that's great, people want multiplayer in their games now, what was once a mainly solitary thing to do has turned into a great social experience.

Bioware have given it's fans 2 great RPG's, they will most likely now give them an even greater third with the added bonus of multiplayer that they're experimenting with. As I said if it's obvious that the multiplayer has somehow ruined the single player, then sure there's a reason for outcry. But right now there's no proof of that, as you said they even pushed the release date so they have more time to work on the multiplayer. That shows that they're not rushing through it just to get it out, they're spending more time to refine it. If anything this minority of fans that are causing the "outcry" should be happy they're getting extra features and not immediately pick up the pitchforks.

If anything they should be causing an outcry as to why the multiplayer isn't co-op story based.

Assassins Creed didn't get multiplayer until Brotherhood and that turned out to be pretty good from what I hear and it didn't detract from the single-player story.

Speaking of Ass Creed, 2 is getting more and more amazing. Kill the old Pazzi dude after he jumped down from the tower, he didn't get further than a meter before I stabbed him in the head. Right now I'm trying to collect all the codexes whenever I can, get to every viewpoint, get Altair's armour and renovate and buy everything. Feathers I'm not bothering with and I heard that the glyphs just give me a short video but nothing else so I don't know if I should care to go after those and go through those annoying puzzles.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Trey (10-15-2011)
Old 10-15-2011, 11:06 AM   #1789
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Feathers are good for extra cash and the little video from the glyphs doesn't reveal a lot, but was kinda fun to get when I went through it.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #1790
Demi-God
BEST

Poppycock, just Youtubed the video. <.< Did all the Florence missions (Codex, Viewpoints, Assassination Contracts, Tombs). One of the contracts was to kill 10 brutes in 1 minute, couldn't counter fast enough. =/ So just went in and poisoned 5 of them first, then killed 2, then another 2 and got the final one with a counter. Took me a good few tries though.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #1791
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, you just reminded me I need to buy Ass Creed: Brotherhood.

Anyways, ME3's multiplayer is being developed by a separate dev team who focused solely on the multiplayer, so neither component of the game will suffer from a split in attention. That shouldn't be an issue. Bioware went to great lengths to convince people this isn't just a tack on: that it will be a significant addition to the game. And thus far, I think they pulled it off.

I find people complaining about multiplayer in Mass Effect on equal level with those complaining about single player in Battlefield. You're not forced to play those game modes. Bioware wants to reach more gamers with Mass Effect 3. While still maintaining the quality that their hardcore fanbase expects from their games.

Besides, who doesn't want to play as a Krogan or Turian?

Last edited by Trey; 10-15-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (10-15-2011)
Old 10-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #1792
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

If I recall correctly, getting all the feathers gets you the Altidore cloak that makes you either anonymous no matter what you do or well known no matter what you do. Can't remember which. Both are fun.

Also, the glyphs are fun little puzzles once you think through them - I am sad to think you would youtube the answers. They also give little bits of information and storyline on Abstergo if you care to read them, which while creative could have been better in depth. At least you go them through puzzles rather than games that just throw them at you like you want to read a book. The Brotherhood glyphs are better.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #1793
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Made you have maximum renown when used outside of the family villa. However, whatever renown you had prior to donning the cape is returned immediately after switching to a different cape.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #1794
Demi-God
BEST

Ah, I won't bother with the feathers then. I found 5 of the glyphs then got tired of them, the puzzles were alright, what annoyed me the most was knowing that there's one around but never being able to find it. I might still do them since I've only been as far as Tuscany.

Also, I didn't Youtube the answers. Just the final Truth video, that like 44 second clip.

I'll probably pick up Brotherhood in December, Rhys says it's even better than AC2. Probably get Revelations at the same time, it comes out for PC on November 29th.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:46 PM   #1795
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

OBJECTIOn!
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:35 AM   #1796
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

Started a new account to try and get rambo hair cut, decided to have a game before bed. Mad skillz get bulk killz
kluang (10-17-2011)
Old 10-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #1797
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

So, who have an extra key?

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #1798
Demi-God
BEST

Renovate the shops > buy all the armour > go do other things for an hour and 20 minutes > return to 46k in your chest.

Loving AC2.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #1799
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Nero View Post
Phoenix Wright in UMvC3.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #1800
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Phoenix Wright in UMvC3.
Which is exactly what the link told us. Your point?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote