Games and all things related - Page 163 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #2431
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Games and all things related

IT'S GN PARTICLES THE CHAOS EMERALDS, I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN SHIT.

Why does this forum have capsblock seriously what the fuck.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Shrike (01-25-2012)

Old 01-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #2432
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

That is an excellent question.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Shrike (01-25-2012)
Old 01-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #2433
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

The way I see it, it's a remnant from the fascist old days when it was designed to stop people spamming caps everywhere.

I hardly think it's relevant now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-25-2012), Shrike (01-25-2012)
Old 01-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #2434
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Yeah. That shit ruined a lot of my posts.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #2435
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Games were always difficult because they required precise timing and individual ability. Beating a level in Megaman requires knowing the exact timing of everything and discovering one of few ways to make it through without dying.
You're supplementing my point. The reason those games were "difficult" relative to today's games was because they did not have a save system. If you ran out of your limited number of lives, you had to start from the very beginning. So you either learned the solution quick or you had to grind your way back to that point to try again. Today, you can camp out at the point of contest and reload/restart as much as you wish.

Sorry to reply like three days later. I fade in and out of this place rather irregularly.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #2436
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

I think we're viewing game difficulty in different ways. I don't consider die>restart difficulty of the game itself. It was not intentionally done, it was just a result of poor design which was initially solved by level codes and then game saves. The gameplay itself (which is what I was talking about) is no more or less difficult, but the game as a whole could be considered more difficult (which I'm guessing is what you were talking about). In that case we agree.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #2437
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I think we're viewing game difficulty in different ways. I don't consider die>restart difficulty of the game itself. It was not intentionally done, it was just a result of poor design which was initially solved by level codes and then game saves. The gameplay itself (which is what I was talking about) is no more or less difficult, but the game as a whole could be considered more difficult (which I'm guessing is what you were talking about). In that case we agree.
Yeah, I had difficult in quotations because from a gameplay perspective it wasn't actually more difficult, but I was talking in terms of people's perception so I thought it would fly that way.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-26-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #2438
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

There are so many types of difficulty, I guess its all relative to the playing style and time of the player. There's the die/time=game ending(way of the samurai, heavy rain), there's AI difficulty, limited continues, game/level design, puzzles, stealth, ultimate trophy achievement(MGS series), full on hacked bots (ArmA 2, OFP). For me I judge a difficult game by AI difficulty and game design. IMO Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is up there in best AI. L4D2 comes to mind in both AI and game design, Contra games by level design.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #2439
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

i dont agree on l4d2 and ive played my share of that game lol bots are so dumb in that game. ive had bots who just stood there watching me get smoked or hunted or somethinh.

the settings of the game has become far too easy, howeverrrr playing vs on modded servers where a boomer[controlled by a player] can strategically bitchslap u to your death or where a charger can karma charge u off the hospital rooftop, then it becomes interesting and chaotic and loads of fun, and a challenge

has anyone here tried the game Hard Reset? thats a pretty challenging game imo, ive only tried the first few lvs and have died many times lol XD but its a lot of fun.

Last edited by OG; 01-26-2012 at 11:21 PM.
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (01-26-2012), manta (01-26-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #2440
manta
No Leaf Clover

manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Well on that stance the SP bot teammates are pretty stupid but when you play full on co-op with your mates on the hardest difficulty the AI does some crazy shit to kill you or slow you down. The only weak spot about it is rushing the whole level quick so the AI won't have time to plot the way for you. Which is no fun.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #2441
Mal
Scotch

Playing Crysis 2 yesterday reminded me that Crysis should be on my list. They're both fantastic games, with pretty good AI in my experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
manta (01-27-2012)
Old 01-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #2442
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

FEAR had some good AI, aside from the one who jumped through the window, ran around and entered the room just to jump through the window again.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
manta (01-27-2012)
Old 01-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #2443
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

I was thinking about L4D the other day. There's no intelligence to it - it's the 3D equivalent of a twin-stick shooter like Smash TV or Geometry Wars. It's just programmed to bombard you with more or less enemies depending on the maps' chokepoints, and the state of the game as determined by The Director.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-27-2012), That1CheezyGuy (01-27-2012)
Old 01-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #2444
manta
No Leaf Clover

Wouldn't the director be the AI of the game? I thought it was, that's what I was judging on, my bad.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #2445
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

It's a form of AI. It judges when to send infected after you, how many, and what types. The actual AI of the enemies is fairly basic, from what I've seen.