Games and all things related - Page 178 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #2656
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Games and all things related

Skyrim Hoarders
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Spiegel (03-31-2012)

Old 03-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #2657
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

only 139 of 340 weight used, if he was a "hoarder" should be over his limit <.<

ive lost faith in CH for a long time, that didnt make me laugh. >.>
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (03-29-2012)
Old 03-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #2658
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Yeah, CH crapped out long ago. I used a mod to increase my carry capacity to about 3000 and I've filled that up. I'm gonna get the next one to 30,000 and I'm guessing that won't take too long to fill either.

Pffffft, his 139.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #2659
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Just built my brother's new computer yesterday and got it up and running this morning. Our network now looks like this:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (03-30-2012), Jaxon (03-30-2012)
Old 03-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #2660
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

My devices are usually named after Evangelion stuff. I think my PC's network name is GEOFRONT.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 12:45 AM   #2661
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,404 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

I named my battle station BEAST. Sadly, it's not as beastly as I intended it to be. Still, works better than my previous piece of shit desktop.
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LonelyNinja For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 08:32 AM   #2662
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

I'm thinking of building a new BEAST once I graduate. I was counting up components the other night and it came to about £800, which isss somewhere in the region of 1000 bucks, I dunno. i5 processor, 8GB DDR3, 620w PSU, and a case and mobo. 1TB HD as well, might get a SSD for the system. I'd ideally like to get a 580 for the GPU, but it seems getting a 560ti would be a cheaper, saner option, especially since the 680 just came out and that's totally out of my price range considering I'm pretty much building this from scratch.

If anyone's got any suggestions or comments that'd be neat.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #2663
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

£800 is more $1250+ at the moment.

When do you graduate? I say we wait till then to look at the prices since they change constantly. So far though that sounds like a good build for £800, I want to build a new one too sometime, or maybe just get a gaming laptop later this year. What type of PSU did you look at? Also the HD? Don't get a green Western Digital, they suck balls.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #2664
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Yeah, I'm going to wait for as long as I can because prices. This was my loadout:

There's a 570 in there simply because dabs have it on offer. I have no idea what card I'm going to settle on.

Also, gaming laptop is... a bad idea. Enjoy your heat management and inability to swap components.

And on a side note... Mass Effect 3 is £23 on Amazon. At that price I'm tempted to buy it. Some of my money might still go to EA, but at least it's not much.

Last edited by Jaxon; 03-31-2012 at 09:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #2665
Demi-God
BEST

That's a pretty good price for all of that, but I would suggest perhaps getting a cheaper tower and buying a few extra fans. If you go to the Overclockers forum and put in your budget and reason for building it, they have some pretty good people who will suggest a good build for you, then just find similar parts elsewhere.

Also, yeah I know a gaming laptop isn't the best idea but I want one for the portable aspect of it, and I want a good one so I don't suspect I'll be switching parts out anytime soon. Then again, for half the price of that I could build a better PC, so I might just do that instead.

Meeeeh, wait till it's cheaper.
Mal (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #2666
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

The tower is kind of expensive, I agree, but it's a good tower for the price. It's made with builders in mind, so it's very easy to swap around components, and it's got heat management in mind as well.

I might have a look at Overclockers. So far I've been using the Falcon guide for inspiration.

Yeah, I probably will wait. I intend to play all three games together over the summer, hopefully I'll be able to buy a new copy cheap. I mean, I would buy a pre-owned copy so no money goes to EA and Bioware, but... it's so dirty. I'm a collector, I buy pre-owned for old systems when they're in good condition, but I hate buying modern pre-owned stuff. People just don't take care of their games.

Last edited by Jaxon; 03-31-2012 at 09:16 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-31-2012), Miburo (07-03-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #2667
Mal
Scotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
I'm thinking of building a new BEAST once I graduate. I was counting up components the other night and it came to about £800, which isss somewhere in the region of 1000 bucks, I dunno. i5 processor, 8GB DDR3, 620w PSU, and a case and mobo. 1TB HD as well, might get a SSD for the system. I'd ideally like to get a 580 for the GPU, but it seems getting a 560ti would be a cheaper, saner option, especially since the 680 just came out and that's totally out of my price range considering I'm pretty much building this from scratch.

If anyone's got any suggestions or comments that'd be neat.
I find this chart and as the rest of that site are handy for choosing components so you get the most value for your money. If you can find a reasonably priced modular power supply, I'd highly recommend getting it if you're even slightly concerned with cable management.

Quote:
The tower is kind of expensive, I agree, but it's a good tower for the price. It's made with builders in mind, so it's very easy to swap around components, and it's got heat management in mind as well.

I might have a look at Overclockers. So far I've been using the Falcon guide for inspiration.
The tower is just as important as the parts inside of it, so getting a good one is a wise decision.

Quote:
Yeah, I probably will wait. I intend to play all three games together over the summer, hopefully I'll be able to buy a new copy cheap. I mean, I would buy a pre-owned copy so no money goes to EA and Bioware, but... it's so dirty. I'm a collector, I buy pre-owned for old systems when they're in good condition, but I hate buying modern pre-owned stuff. People just don't take care of their games.
This. Fucking this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (03-31-2012), Jaxon (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #2668
Demi-God
BEST

I once got a pre-owned game that has a brown stain on the disk. Not even on the cover, on the bloody disk.

Jax - That's fair enough, if you're ever in London let me know, there's a computer fair here during the weekends in Stratford and they tend to have some cheap components, I got an amazing tower there for £30 that's builder friendly. I'm waiting till Mass Effect 2 is cheap on Steam to buy it and play it, I have a version that's like to my EA account, but to run it I need to install Origin so screw that.
Jaxon (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #2669
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

My final deadline is the end of May, after that I'm free. We should totally hang out over the summer, it's been ages. Computer fair sounds as good an excuse as any.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #2670
Demi-God
BEST

That's not too far off, the computer fair is in Stratford too, very close to Westfields, we can go shooooopping.