Games and all things related - Page 185 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #2761
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Games and all things related

Whaaaduxlbgqugdsacf

Sorry, my chin dropped on my keyboard for a moment there.

While I'm thrilled to explore all of Tamriel in a single game and see older game's areas revamped to match Skyrim's beauty, I'm afraid the gameplay that the series has been building and perfecting will suffer big time in a MMO environment.

My biggest question for now is: will the MMO have predefined classes or not? I ask this because they'll have to balance characters to avoid complaints of (over/under)powered builds while choosing stuff and it'll be hard to do so with such a freedom of choice the series has presented us. But it'd suck to have predefined classes, because it's obvious they can't include every possibility available in Oblivion or Skyrim, both due to logistics and similar playing styles some have compared to others.

And I really hope there's some device to make sure the MMO won't have the masses of immature morons that populate WoW and others, I'm sick and tired of arrow-to-the-knee jokes, specially after LMFAO used it. No, just no.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-04-2012), That1CheezyGuy (05-04-2012)

Old 05-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #2762
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

One thing they could do is utilize the Factions so that you are limited to mostly the skills of your given faction, or at least get a bonus to them or something. They could also go back to having Major and possibly Minor Skills, and just restrict all non-Ma/Mi skills to Novice or Apprentice level.

Anyway, official announcement trailer.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Numinous (05-04-2012)
Old 05-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #2763
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,475 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

People are surprised by this? It's been coming for a long time.

Be prepared for the same shit you get with any MMO. It's just going to be World of Warcraft, but worse, in a different skin.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-03-2012), Numinous (05-04-2012)
Old 05-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #2764
Numinous

Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
One thing they could do is utilize the Factions so that you are limited to mostly the skills of your given faction, or at least get a bonus to them or something.
I agree with giving certain bonus tied to factions rather than restrictions. WoW did such restrictions in its Vanilla run and had to undo them in the first expansion because the players wanted Alliance Shamans and Horde Paladins. Heck, they even got rid of the original Priest's racial abilities.

With the bonus, you can at least roll whatever you like and only worry about factions when min-maxing, which is completely optional.

Quote:
They could also go back to having Major and possibly Minor Skills, and just restrict all non-Ma/Mi skills to Novice or Apprentice level.
It's pretty obvious they'll return to Major/Minor skills, but I think they'll make non-combat skills the Minor skills and the combat skills the Major Skills just to be more MMO-friendly.

But they could restrict how the perks are spent in the Major skills like you said. Taking Skyrim's skill system as an example, they could make you choose three primary skillsets:
  • Archery, Two-Handed, One-Handed, Illusion, Conjuration, Destruction, Restoration or Alteration
  • Light Armor or Heavy Armor
  • Sneak or Block
And allow to fully max those three skillsets while restricting the others of the same series and restricting even more the more skillsets you choose in the same series (like having all the perks on Two-Handed but only being able to pick Restoration up to 50 skill perks and Archery up to 25 skill perks). That way, builds among players will be more homogenized and reflect class archetypes, thus making balancing easy while still respecting the freedom of choice of the players.

Quote:
Be prepared for the same shit you get with any MMO. It's just going to be World of Warcraft, but worse, in a different skin.
Unfortunately most MMO producers still haven't figure out that it isn't by copying WoW that they'll be the next big MMO. Let's see if Bethesda has an epiphany or it'll be more of the same.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #2765
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Unfortunately, it costs a lot of money to run an MMO, which means companies go after the biggest player base, which is WoW.

I believe there's a market out there for an MMO which aims to get people who like the idea of massively-multiplayer games, but hate the reality. The problem is, there's a good chance it would be a small-budget affair, which is difficult to finance, ironically.

Planetside 2 and Mechwarrior Online are coming out this year, though. So there is hope. Mechwarrior I am hyped as fuck for, and Planetside has a lot of potential, and a guaranteed playerbase from the first game. Both are massively multiplayer, and F2P, and both are trying something different that hasn't seen massive success before.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-05-2012), Miburo (07-03-2012), Numinous (05-05-2012)
Old 05-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #2766
Numinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Unfortunately, it costs a lot of money to run an MMO, which means companies go after the biggest player base, which is WoW.

I believe there's a market out there for an MMO which aims to get people who like the idea of massively-multiplayer games, but hate the reality. The problem is, there's a good chance it would be a small-budget affair, which is difficult to finance, ironically.
Agreed, as much as it pains me. I just think that after almost 7 years of WoW clones that barely scrape the million subscriber goalpost (if they even get to touch it), you'd think they'd start to do something else to see if it works by now. Although this gives me hope:

Quote:
Planetside 2 and Mechwarrior Online are coming out this year, though. So there is hope. Mechwarrior I am hyped as fuck for, and Planetside has a lot of potential, and a guaranteed playerbase from the first game. Both are massively multiplayer, and F2P, and both are trying something different that hasn't seen massive success before.
Considering that, if Bethesda plays its cards right, it can have the MMO community by the balls.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #2767
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

Anyone been following black ops 2? Looks alright, I'm sure I'll end up playing through a prestige or two when it comes out.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #2768
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

I'll wait for my brother to buy it, play through the campaign on Veteran, get about half a prestige in multiplayer, and all the while play a hell of a lot of Zombies.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
xxMESTxx (05-10-2012)
Old 05-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #2769
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to wait for Mals brother to buy it, Mal to borrow it, then live vicariously through his zombie fun.

Speaking of zombies, on Torchlight:

5 skeletal archers
4 purple monkeys
3 stinky zombies
2 greasy golems
and 1 mangy mutt.
This is way too many summoned minions for any one adventurer to have.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
xxMESTxx (05-10-2012)
Old 05-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #2770
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

I have a cat.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-03-2012)
Old 05-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #2771
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

Pfff. You would.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-03-2012)
Old 05-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #2772
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Dude - it's like a fucking Lynx or Bobcat! Those things are vicious.

Anyway, has anyone heard of DayZ? Someone just sent me the link. Basically, it's a survival zombie game that plays out rather closely to how zombie survival would. I'll just post the article.

http://kotaku.com/5908753/this-might...game-ever-made

Seems almost made for OH.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (05-10-2012)
Old 05-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #2773
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Urgh, Kotaku.

Anyway, yeah. DayZ. This has been getting pretty popular over the last week or so.

What you have to remember is it's not even alpha. It's buggy as all hell. It's a miracle the damn thing is as stable as it is. It also requires you to buy a $20 game to play it. The install is also more complicated than your average mod.

It does however look potentially hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpPIyJDSEQ

I'm going to wait and see how this mod develops. If it's still going in a year's time I think it'll be pretty amazing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (05-10-2012)
Old 05-10-2012, 01:44 AM   #2774
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Will be buying Arma 2 this summer sale. We all should, that looks amazingly fun.

Also, whenever someone's up for it wouldn't mind playing some Killing Floor or something.

Been addicted to Shogun 2 lately, they have a co-op campaign to take over Japan and it's fun thought at time frustrating. If any of you guys enjoy Total War games, get it next time it's on sale and we'll take over Japan.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #2775
Marlboro
Drop The World <3

Thanked 1,121 Times in 669 Posts
Marlboro is on a distinguished roadMarlboro is on a distinguished road

Anyone here played Infamous?

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual, the inspiration
That makes ladies sing the blues
Marlboro is offline   Reply With Quote