Games and all things related - Page 190 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:27 PM   #2836
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Games and all things related

So how 'bout that trailer for the Skyrim DLC?
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #2837
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

It looks sale worthy.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:26 PM   #2838
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,471 Times in 3,663 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

It looks like the same soulless shit as the main game.

I dunno, if I enjoyed Skyrim, I'd think the DLC looks good. As it is, I just don't care.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-02-2012)
Old 06-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #2839
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,848 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Diablo III

Hey guys, so I said I will make a short review of D3 to have you consider buying the game or not.

To start with, first answer if you played D1 and 2 and how hardcore were you.

D3 brings a lot of the new stuff. The skill system is completely different and is very interesting. You can no longer make a mistake in building your character as you can change styles and skills in any given moment if you don't like the ones you are using currently (which is a bit of a noob-friendly option, but it actually reduces pain in the ass which said that you were never able to re-skill).

Game mechanics are simply amazing. The AI is also nothing short of brilliant.

Items are the most important thing in a Diablo game, right? I am sad to say that itemization in D3 did not satisfy me, but I am absolutely positive that it's because I was such a huge fan of D2 where you had more interesting items. If you didn't play D2 as much as I did, I am sure you'll like it very much. Even like this, I know that they will make it all different with future patches and expansions, so I am okay with it. Current affixes though are not as fun as D2 was.

The Auction House and drops. Famous shit right here. Did you play WoW? It's just like the one in WoW, so I am not the one who will support it, but it was still a right move by Blizzard (sadly Blizz North did not make this game). Drop chances are so low, that you will maybe never see a legendary or a set drop before you. So get used to getting magics and rares. I did not like this honestly because I want to farm my own loot, but the problem with that is that if it was possible to farm your own loot, everybody would get geared up very fast because of the mentioned AH, so it was a good move after all. The bad thing about all that is that you will never progress through Inferno (the hardest difficulty) if you don't gear up on AH since you will never get your drops since the stats vary so much it's ridiculous. So basically, at some point Inferno becomes a gold farm fest to buy those items. The good thing is that while you are farming you will definitely get some good drops for other classes or for your class but an item you don't need, so you can earn cash by selling those on AH instead of selling it to a vendor (you can make real money like this too, but I still don't know how that will work) which is cool.

Bosses. The bosses of D3 are very fun and great fights. They are tuned perfectly as opposed to simple group of 3 or 4 elite monsters which can piss and shit all over you on especially on Inferno.

The classes. Ranged classes are easy to kill, but they usually do shitloads of damage and kite groups of enemies until they are slain while melee is, well, melee. Two melee classes, monk and barbarian, are very different. I play the barbarian naturally (I always play fighters). Monk is dodgy, barbarian is tanky. Well, up until Inferno really. In Inferno, a barbarian is the weakest class so far while he may be the most powerful in the start. All classes are interesting and unique.

Difficulty. The game difficultly is done well despite the constant whining all over the goddamn globe. On Normal, you will enjoy and take apart most of your enemies with ease. On Nightmare you will have some hard parts but nothing major. On Hell you will face very difficult situations and will definitely have trouble with some bosses. On Inferno you will have to farm shitload of gear to even step into the second Act. On Inferno, dying is what you expect around just about every corner. And if you find that too easy sometime when you are geared so epically (which is months of farming I guess), try playing Hardcore mode. It's a mode where you only have one chance in the whole game on any difficulty. If you die even one, it's all gone, your character, your gear, everything. Just like in D2.

Co op is fun. Up to 4 players in a game and with each ally ingame, monster health jumps by 110% and their damage by 15%.

Blizzard servers. Are awful. They are terrible corporation when it comes to this, honestly. The game came out some 20 days ago and the servers and AH are still unstable at times and they already had two patches and two hotfixes (although as long as they patch it is good).

Jay Willson is a moron who made an atrocity in this game. He shat all over everything that made the Cow Level awesome (and the legend behind it) by making a fucking unicorn level with teddy bears and rainbows as opponents. Fucking horrible. He should be shot in public.

Bottom line, Diablo III is great dungeon crawler with a lot of potential to be even better in the future. It is well worth the money even though, sadly, ex Blizzard North team did not make the game.

If you have any questions about the game, I am here.

Edit: And leveling. Forgot about that. It's a bit of WoW style which I strongly dislike. There are 60 levels as opposed to 99 as were in D2. You will cap quite fast whereas in D2 you just had so much room for improvement it's ridiculous. The bad thing about this is that you level so fast, you'll quickly get past those items you thought were awesome and switch gear. Not that fun. They should have made that leveling much slower. Just my opinion.

Set and Legendary (Unique items in D1 and 2) items need an upgrade. Weapons especially. It's not strange to find a rare (yellow) item with better stats. I have a LOT better weapon then the most powerful legendary which is really retarded, but they already announced they will fix that soon so I guess it's okay. I should mention that I did have luck with that drop though.

Last edited by Shrike; 06-03-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
ACt (06-03-2012), Jaxon (06-03-2012), Mal (06-04-2012), Miburo (07-02-2012), Numinous (06-03-2012)
Old 06-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #2840
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

I haven't even read the above post yet, but the semi-professional formatting already impresses me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (06-03-2012), Mal (06-04-2012), Numinous (06-03-2012), Shrike (06-03-2012)
Old 06-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #2841
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

<3

Old 06-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #2842
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Jay Willson is a moron who made an atrocity in this game. He shat all over everything that made the Cow Level awesome (and the legend behind it) by making a fucking unicorn level with teddy bears and rainbows as opponents. Fucking horrible. He should be shot in public.
Glorious.

I also expect that in a few months Blizzard will raise the level cap. It seems like a simple (shitty) way to extend the lifetime of the game and bring players back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (06-04-2012), Shrike (06-03-2012)
Old 06-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #2843
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Glorious.

I also expect that in a few months Blizzard will raise the level cap. It seems like a simple (shitty) way to extend the lifetime of the game and bring players back.
That will come with the first expansion I assume. Not that it's anything new, they have been doing that for ages now. The game still has a lot of material to play, so eh, it's an okay move. Makes them money, makes the gamers thirsty for more.

Last edited by Shrike; 06-03-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #2844
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Drop chances are so low, that you will maybe never see a legendary or a set drop before you. So get used to getting magics and rares.
When I was playing as a monk (which has awesome kung-fu treachery) I defeated the first boss (Skeleton King?) and got no magical/rare weapons that I could use. Which I thought was kinda bullshit, but I figured I'd sell dat shit and make some nice coinage.
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #2845
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

So, Microsoft's E3 conference was absolute crap aside from the South Park bit.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #2846
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,579 Times in 2,260 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

Why is Microsoft making Metroid Prime 4? I don't get it. And why does Samus sound like a gruff generic space marine guy? Wait that was Halo? What?
Old 06-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #2847
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of Metroid Prime.

But yeah, that was hilariously awful.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #2848
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

It's like they took Prime and threw out the interesting action/adventure parts and left in the subpar FPS.

I'm really disappointed with the alien weapons they showed off there. Come on guys, Sci-Fi FPS need to come back in force, not with this "it's a generic modern military weapon...WITH LASERS!!!" crap. Where's the innovation? Where's the fun, creative experimentation? I'd rather play a glitchy clusterfuck like the Conduit series than a Sci-Fi FPS that can't even branch out from Rifle/Shotgun/Pistol/Sniper. Fuck.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #2849
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Actually, Halo is usually pretty good for that stuff. It's actually the only modern high-budget FPS that does anything original anymore. I'm still looking forward to it.

Hell, the lead level designer is the guy who worked on Metroid Prime. It's going to be a good game. Plus, I just like Halo anyway.

Splinter Cell looked like complete shit. It's not even pretending to be a stealth game anymore. Hell, what they showed was barely a game.

Tomb Raider I pretty much turned off through. Then they said it was a timed Xbox exclusive, which will basically kill any sales the game could have gathered.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (06-04-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #2850
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Actually, Halo is usually pretty good for that stuff. It's actually the only modern high-budget FPS that does anything original anymore. I'm still looking forward to it.

Hell, the lead level designer is the guy who worked on Metroid Prime. It's going to be a good game. Plus, I just like Halo anyway.
I know the Bungie games were good about it, which is why I'm trying to keep a close look on this one to hope it keeps Halo from turning into Military Shooters In SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE. I didn't really like Halo games, though I've only played 3 and Reach, and only in multiplayer. I was shit at FPS back then, but even now I'd say the aiming was a pile of crap compared to most FPS I play now. That's my big issue with Halo, along with being on the fuckin XBox.

I just worry when the first two alien weapons they show off have no functional difference from a rifle and a shotgun. It's just LASERS that make it sci-fi.

Personally I'm waiting for either a Battlefield 2142 sequel (pleasepleasepleasepleasepleeeeeeaaaaase ) or, if the fates allow it, Timesplitters 4. Sci-Fi shooters need a goddamn resurgence to wash out this yearly-release Call of Duty bullshit.