Games and all things related - Page 26 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:29 AM   #376
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Dragon Age 2, Titan Quest and all things related

DA3 will be better? ._. I can hope.

Also, started this little game called Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, or something.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Servo (04-02-2011)

Old 04-02-2011, 05:59 AM   #377
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

First time playing? I hope you knew to choose less often used skills as your main ones, lest you out-level your skills and find yourself against nearly impossible odds.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (04-02-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 06:26 AM   #378
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Elaborate please, I'm still confused about everything. ._. I just got to the part where I escaped the jail, I couldn't get through the door cause I didn't have a key so I went through this cave thing to get to the other side where I met up with the king and had to pick my sign or something, I went with Warrior since my race is Nord.

Any tips on Nord?
Servo (04-02-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #379
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Basically, you level up your skills by using them, and you level up your character when your main skills increase by ten. If you use a sword frequently and have Blade as a major skill, you're going to level up faster than your other skills do. Since everything in Oblivion is level-based, and a high level doesn't necessarily mean a well developed character, you can run into problems at higher levels.

The Nord's Endurance bonus is great, because you gain health every level based on your Endurance so getting it as high as possible as fast as possible is a good idea. For this reason, the birthsign of the Warrior is also great.

Also, when you level up you can increase 3 of your attributes by up to 5 points. Each skill you increase is associated with one of your attributes, and affects how much you can increase it by. If you increased your Armorer skill by 10 in a single level, you can increase your Endurance by the maximum 5 points (basically skill increase/2).

Usually what I will do is choose skills I will not use often, and are easy to train as my major ones and leave my most frequently used skills as minor ones. This way, I can increase my frequently used skills sufficiently without increasing my level. Then when I have done so, I can train my major skills to level up.

In terms of efficiency as far as leveling goes, it is best to choose three attributes to focus on each level, then increase the related skills for each by 10 in total (so 30 skill increases per level). This way, you get the most out of every level and remain ahead of the leveled creatures Oblivion will throw at you.

Yes, I have Oblivion down to a science and have actually kept written logs of my skill increases to ensure maximum efficiency. If you need to know anything, and I mean anything about Oblivion, check here.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Axiom (04-02-2011), Demi-God (04-02-2011), Nerox (04-02-2011), Servo (04-02-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 07:54 AM   #380
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,848 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

I'd play Diablo II with you guys. Or Diablo 3 when it comes out. TQ is a pale copy :S (better then Torchlight though).
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:37 AM   #381
Demi-God
BEST

Thank you Mal! Still learning some stuff about it but seems awesome.

Word of advice, don't attack the guy in the heavy shining silver armour when you're level one and he has 3 people to help him.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #382
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Opinions on whether I should spend the time to play Morrowind, which I never finished, or just jump straight to Oblivion (which I'd need to get a used copy of).
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #383
Demi-God
BEST

From the research I have done so far*, jump straight to Oblivion.

*Asking Jaxon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ACt (04-02-2011), Mal (04-02-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #384
Mal
Scotch

Straight to Oblivion is what I'd say as well. I've never finished Morrowind either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (04-02-2011), Servo (04-02-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #385
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

I know UI have diablo 2 somewhere but I found the first nwn instead

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #386
Demi-God
BEST

I've been arrested twice and killed by chain armoured furries, I almost stole a horse but then got a heavily armoured one so I was like naaaaah.
Mal (04-02-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #387
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

^All in a days work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
[COLOR="Lime"]Basically, you level up your skills by using them[COLOR]
Prefer skill based games so much more then level based. Im glad ES3, and its later incarnations moved one step closer to that kind of game mechanic. More rpgs need to follow suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
I'd play Diablo II with you guys. Or Diablo 3 when it comes out. TQ is a pale copy :S (better then Torchlight though).
TQ is alright. Generic as all hell. Despite never having played it before, it feels like I ran threw it already. Suffers from cloning aphasia... That is also a part of its appeal though. As act mentioned, a lot of the fun comes from building your char for the endgame.

Waiting for D3, but I wont hold my breath. Blizzards release date shenanigans are becoming hibitual.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
ACt (04-03-2011), Mal (04-02-2011), Miburo (04-02-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #388
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Still haven't beaten dragon age 2. I had to restart my game because I fucked up and made my guy super turtle slow somehow. Had something to do with pirate chick wanting my balls too much and me switching party members out too much. Or some shit. Kinda upsetting. Just not using pirate chick now and all is well. Just had glorious battle with Aristok. What a goddamn hero.

See some Oblivion discussion going on. Good shit, I leveled up stupidily in that game the first time through. Fucking kinda confusing how that shit worked.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Servo (04-02-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #389
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Oblivion was the only game I had for 360 for about a year and a half. That's how much playtime I got out of it =)

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Mal (04-02-2011), Miburo (04-02-2011)
Old 04-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #390
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

DA2 was a great disappointment. Never got my Signature Edition content, felt like I was playing with a shitty Dante's Inferno and Mass Effect bastard child.