Games and all things related - Page 4 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:32 AM   #46
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Dragon Age 2 (Demo release on the 23rd Feb)

Get Shale, so fuckin' awesome. Also adds to the Deep Roads story.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-03-2011), Servo (02-03-2011)

Old 02-03-2011, 04:28 AM   #47
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Yeah seems like another playthrough with this DLC. Question is, what character? I think I got everything covered...ah, no I haven't been an archer. Someone played as archer? Perhaps a mage again.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-03-2011)
Old 02-03-2011, 04:59 AM   #48
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

I didn't like the rogues and archers so much in DA:O, I would suggest you go with a Noble Dwarf warrior. There's a good way to start the game with 25 Gold.

Quote:
Afterwards, head back to the Royal Palace and into the throne room. Lord Ronus Dace is available for a short "side quest"; he wishes The Dwarf Noble to speak in favor of the exiled surface Dwarves. With further questioning, he will admit that he couldn't care less, but that his wife has taken a sudden interest in their surface brethren. Near the throne Lady Helmi is waiting for you, who will warn you not to agree with Lord Dace. Listen to her or don't, it's your choice to continue to the throne, or confront Lord Dace again. If you don't talk to her and request money from Lord Dace, you can get a promissory note from him, that you can sell for 25 in the Diamond Quarter. Just speak to him after you supported his cause in front of the king and he will give you the paper. Remember to sell it before starting the Deep Roads Exile mission, as it will be lost afterwards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-03-2011)
Old 02-03-2011, 05:36 AM   #49
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Nice, 25 gold at the start, that's a lot of dough. But I played Dwarven Noble and Lowlife, Elven Rogue (melee), human noble (2 weapons melee and 2-handed melee) and human mage. I could play a dwarven tank, but I don't like tanking. I shall see. I also have to finish The Witcher at some point...damn, so much to do, and no time.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-03-2011)
Old 02-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #50
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
However, being the boss I am, I was the tank.

Same here, I explored the sword/shield tree. By the time the character is sufficiently leveled, you're practically unstoppable.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-03-2011), Miburo (02-03-2011)
Old 02-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #51
Demi-God
BEST

^ That. The final shield bash move was sexy.

Kinda jealous America gets DA2 3 days before us. ._. And even then I have to wait for Amazon to deliver it. -.-
Old 02-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #52
Demi-God
BEST

Apparently the demo will be on the 22nd and will be sexy.

Quote:
In the demo, players will venture through the game's prologue, choosing from three different character classes. They'll also learn more about Hawke and hone their skills and abilities that will make them the ultimate hero. After finishing the prologue, players will enter a key new location in the world of Dragon Age, Kirkwall, befriending Isabela, a romantic interest in the game who is also a deadly smuggler. Upon completion of the demo, players will unlock a special weapon, Hayder's Razor, an ancient dwarven blade which increases health, mana, and combat abilities, in the full release of Dragon Age 2.*

This demo represents just a small taste of what Dragon Age 2 has to offer. With a whole new realm to discover, and an all-new hero to become, players will go deeper into the world of Dragon Age unlike ever before in an adventure that shapes itself around every decision you make. The time has now come to engage in action-packed, dynamic combat that allows you to think like a general and fight like a Spartan! The legend of your rise to power, begins now!
http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demo

So you get character creator, the intro, move to Kirkwall, meet pirate lady, then you open up an item.
Miburo (02-03-2011), Nerox (02-03-2011)
Old 02-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #53
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Why bother playing the demo when you'll only play through the start again when you get the game anyway.

I'd rather save the experience for the first time I play it.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #54
Demi-God
BEST

To see if it's any good, and if it is then I won't mind playing it again. There's a good chance I'll replay it quite a few times, just wanna test it out as early as I can.
Miburo (02-03-2011), That1CheezyGuy (02-03-2011)
Old 02-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #55
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo View Post
Anything Norse mythology is win. Had I a pet snake, I would surely name him J├Ârmungand.
Anything with Norse Mythology, you say? I may just have a story for you, if you are so inclined to read, fellow OHer.

Anyway, I only played DnD once in high school. Couple of guys ran a little club and one or two of them were OK guys. One who ran a session invited me to play, so I made a thief with telekinetic powers... because honestly, if you had telekinesis, you wouldn't go around saving the world like an X-man, you go and steal shit.

Anyway, one guy who had a huge barbarian with two handed sword (which was a hugely ironic choice when given the kid) kept ragging on me that I chose a useless character and thieves were shit and useless. In return, when we were attacked by a band of orc, I successfully stole his sword (because I can roll dice like nobody's business). His character died.

I wasn't invited back.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (02-03-2011), Mal (02-03-2011), Miburo (02-03-2011), Nerox (02-03-2011), That1CheezyGuy (02-03-2011)
Old 02-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #56
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo View Post
Same here, I explored the sword/shield tree. By the time the character is sufficiently leveled, you're practically unstoppable.
Sword and shield all up in this bitch. Kept the Cousland family shield throughout the whole game (didn't see much point in other shields; also, it's fuckin' boss) and used the Family Sword until I got The Topsider's Honor. Duncan's sword eventually replaced that. I prefer the two-handed weapons class, but early on in the game it's a hassle to focus on leveling up strength instead of constitution in order to actually use any two-handed talents. It all pays off when you're in the Deep Roads with Oghren and Sten wielding massive chunks of steel together.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #57
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Missed a lot in this thread.

Archers in DA:O - Early on with my warrior, I equipped him with a bow thinking maybe I'd do the realistic "get a few shots of and switch to the sword" but it was so utterly boring being an archer, I just charge into everything now. Bows are a fun idea in real life but in video games its lame. Be a mage if you want to fight from range because then you can launch rocks or fire balls or change into a bear.

With the DLC, is it free or pay?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (02-03-2011), Miburo (02-03-2011), Nerox (02-03-2011)
Old 02-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #58
Demi-God
BEST

DA:O DLC? All pay I'm afraid. They included some DLC if you bought the game before the April 2010, that was the Stone Prisoner with Shale. You should have bought the ultimate edition which has everything including Awakenings.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #59
ACt
Heart Wizard

I generally buy used, so that one wasn't there. Strangely, the GotYE Fallout 3 was... so at least I have everything there.
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Servo (02-03-2011)
Old 02-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #60
Demi-God
BEST

It's alright, you won't miss out too much. The signature edition of DA2 comes with DLC called The Exiled Prince where you get a new companion and missions, something about someone murdering his parents and he's all grrrrr about it.

Ahh Fallout, I'm still at Megaton. -.- Killed the guy in the suit that told me to blow it up, at first I missed Megaton completely and just carried on forward, went to the mall place, barely killed a giant scorpion, crossed the lake and got attacked by super mutants, went into this power place and got attacked by these blue shelled monsters... then I realised that maybe I was a little out of my depth and had missed Megaton completely only to realise that it was like a few hundred feet from where the exit of Vault 101 was. -.-
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-03-2011), Lightning (02-04-2011), Mal (02-03-2011), Servo (02-03-2011)