Games and all things related - Page 61 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:58 AM   #901
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Games and all things related

I understand people's frustration that the Mako has odd controls (even though I though the Mako fights where you could jump in and out as needed or rush the enemy guns blazing were bloody awesome), but to remove it completely was a complete overreaction. They should have reworked it. I miss dicking around planets... even if the thresher maws were a bitch.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-31-2011), Nerox (05-30-2011), Servo (05-30-2011)

Old 05-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #902
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Yeah the thrasher maws are a pain. I actually start killing them on foot, because when you drive around, there's always the off chance that he resurfaces right in front of you and you die. If you are on foot and moving, evading the acid spit, it doesn't dive back into the earth and keeps spitting at you, which you can easily avoid. It takes longer, but guarantuees succsess.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-31-2011), Servo (05-30-2011)
Old 05-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #903
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
Yeah the thrasher maws are a pain. I actually start killing them on foot, because when you drive around, there's always the off chance that he resurfaces right in front of you and you die. If you are on foot and moving, evading the acid spit, it doesn't dive back into the earth and keeps spitting at you, which you can easily avoid. It takes longer, but guarantuees succsess.
You also gain more experience when you kill it outside the Mako.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-31-2011), Nerox (05-30-2011), Servo (05-30-2011)
Old 05-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #904
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
It's like you knew what I just did and decided to rub it in my face before I even posted it.

I KILLED WREX ALRIGHT! I actually saved right before I had to talk to him, then I kept reloading it to try and find a conversation option that'll allow me to save him... so I ended up killing him at least 8 times.

I didn't know.

Oh god I didn't know.

LN and Jaxon, I know, shuddup.
Like Nerox said, I did his loyalty mission (without even knowing it was his loyalty mission, I just happened to go to the planet and it triggered it IIRC) before I even made it that far in the game. If you do that it's a piece of cake to talk him down. It's a shame too, if you don't kill him and import your character to ME2, you get some good dialogue with him later in the game, albeit he's an NPC, but it's still cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
I don't get people who didn't like the Mako. The Mako missions were kickass.

And what did we get to replace them? The Hammerhead. God, I fucking hate the Hammerhead missions.
I loved the way the Mako handled, but I think a lot of people's problems with it was how monotonous those planet missions got. And yeah, the Hammerhead was a lame replacement.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (05-31-2011), Miburo (05-31-2011), Nerox (05-30-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 03:06 AM   #905
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Finished the story with my Vanguard, pistol was absolutely sexy throughout. Managed to get to level 43 by the end and killed the council, 'cause fuck 'em.

Started a new Adept character and I'm glad that I can skip through convos quicker now to make the game go faster since I know what they'll say. WREX SHALL BE SAVED! And the Mako needs a better engine, so damn slow.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-31-2011), Nerox (05-31-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #906
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

DINO D-DAY IS ON SALE! I REPEAT, DINO D-DAY IS ON SALE!

So if you've ever seen a Nazi story and thought to yourself "Hmm, this could use more dinosaurs," then this game is for you.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70000/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-31-2011), Miburo (05-31-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #907
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

This may have to be a purchase.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-31-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #908
Demi-God
BEST

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6980?snr=1_41_4__42

Thief is on sale for about 3 days now, 75% off.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-31-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #909
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

I got Thief for free >_> yay birthdays.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-31-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #910
Demi-God
BEST

Going through Mass Effect for a second time with Adept, singularity is fuckin' amaaaazing. I managed to get Wrex's armour so he should stick with me (which helps since Adept can be useless against a bunch of mercenaries -.-). Should finish it tomorrow then move on to ME2 and hope I can transfer over the Adept character or just start a new one.

New Darksiders 2 info, I really enjoyed the first one, dungeons were a little frustrating at some points but otherwise was a fantastic game. In Darksiders 2 the lead character will be Death instead of War so that should be fun, http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ails-confirmed

Also, URRRRGHHH! The new Lord of the Rings looks fuckin' amazing. http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/117/1171570p1.html Made by Snowblind Studios so I have full faith in it, you can summon a fuckin' giant eagle.

Waiting for Hunted to be released here, wanna kill some demons.
Miburo (06-01-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #911
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Told you. I can't understand how anyone could think that the creation of mini black holes by any super collider could be a bad thing.

Hm. Big eagle indeed. You know, even though I'm such a Tolkien nerd, I've never played any LotR video game.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (06-01-2011), Miburo (06-01-2011), Servo (06-02-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #912
Demi-God
BEST

Me neither, but since this is made by the guys that made BG: Dark Alliance and they called this a spiritual successor in terms of gameplay and the like, I have really high hopes for it. Also, it'll have 3 player co-op (I believe online and local).

I didn't bother with Throw and Lift, just Warp and Singularity.
Miburo (06-01-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #913
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

But throw and lift are the best powers. WHY HAVE BIOTICS IF YOU'RE NOT FLINGING PEOPLE AROUND LIKE BLOODY RAGDOLLS.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (06-01-2011), Mal (06-01-2011), Miburo (06-01-2011), Nerox (06-02-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #914
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

A friend of mine has convinced another friend of mine, who has in turn convinced the girlfriend of another friend of mine, to play LotR Online. I am considering downloading it to check it out, since it went free to play a while ago, but I'm just not that interested.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-01-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #915
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Only MMO I'm remotely interested in is The Old Republic, because it looks like it has the developers, player base, and investment to potentially take some of WoW's market share.

That, and me and LN get to be SUPER BOUNTY HUNTER BROS.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (06-01-2011), Miburo (06-01-2011), Nerox (06-02-2011), Tzu Men (06-02-2011)