Games and all things related - Page 70 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #1036
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Games and all things related

Saints Row 2 is pretty fun.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #1037
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Fuckin' deadly unicorn.

This did not end well for them...

Or for them.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
manta (06-13-2011), Miburo (06-12-2011)
Old 06-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #1038
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Ohshi-LN dropping KotOR knowledge all up in this fucker. I won't compare the two because I haven't finished the original KotOR yet, but I can talk at length about The Sith Lords.

Luckily, LN handled most of it. But I disagree with some things. First, I can understand where he's coming from by not liking to replay Peragus, but I look at it from a design standpoint, and Obsidian was really going for a horror feel. It's very slow paced, very deliberate, and spooky as shit. You have to piece clues together like you're fucking Scooby-Doo, and deal with shadowy antagonists who are revealed at the end of the level-arc. At first I hated it, but on my second playthrough, I respected it for what it was, and came to enjoy it.

Also, yeah, you can wave off Atton and Bao-Dur's personalities as boring, but their real depth comes from their interactions with the Exile, and their pasts. They really showed different perspectives on the Mandolorian Wars, and different morals that most RPGs don't even touch. The beauty of KotOR II is that you get out of the character(s) exactly what you put into them. Which brings me to the Influence system used, which in my opinion was the most organic, believable, and satisfying "moral RPG system" in the entire genre. Why RPG devs didn't just outright ape that system is beyond me.

But yeah, Disciple is all around terrible. And Kreia is very well written (my personal best written VG character of all time).

God damn, fuck yeah KotOR II. Gonna play it again.
I went to be a female jedi once just to see the disciple side. Half way I delete my save and start again as a male. I miss the Handmaiden..........

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-12-2011)
Old 06-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #1039
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

duke soonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-12-2011)
Old 06-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #1040
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

I was expecting to fly home today, I have Duke sitting at home waiting for me, then work tells me at the start of my last shift they want me up here another week =/
Miburo (06-12-2011)
Old 06-12-2011, 09:39 PM   #1041
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Apparently DNF is fucking shit.

I refuse to pay for a game that was in production for 14 years and came out at that standard. Why the fuck should I pay these people when there are awesome games out there that never get funding.

I still love Duke though.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (06-13-2011), Miburo (06-12-2011)
Old 06-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #1042
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

fuck your hipster bs
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (06-13-2011), Miburo (06-12-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 12:55 AM   #1043
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Apparently DNF is fucking shit.

I refuse to pay for a game that was in production for 14 years and came out at that standard. Why the fuck should I pay these people when there are awesome games out there that never get funding.

I still love Duke though.
I've heard nothing but good things.
Demi-God (06-13-2011), Miburo (06-13-2011), OG (06-13-2011), Tzu Men (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 01:11 AM   #1044
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

I've heard bad things about the Xbox one and good things about the PC version, so lol.

Edit:
Reviews.

(PC) 80.00%
(PS3) 60.00%
(X360) 43.75%

Last edited by Demi-God; 06-13-2011 at 02:13 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (06-13-2011), Miburo (06-13-2011), OG (06-13-2011), Tzu Men (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #1045
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I've heard the technical issues about the game are a lot worse on 360. Loading times especially.

Doesn't change the fact that the game looks and plays like a shooter that was mediocre in 1998. You can be as mad as you want that you spent full-price on that shit, it serves you right for pre-loading.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #1046
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Which is why I never pay full price for anything... or is that because I'm cheap? Enh.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #1047
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Paying full-price is one thing, paying full-price for a game that's not even come out yet is another entirely. I've only done that for one game, which was Halo Reach. And that was totally worth it. Because it was made by a team of professionals who can keep to deadline and make a game worthy of people's time and money. Unlike those lazy arseholes from 3D Realms that take 14 years to make a game worse than Duke Nukem 3D.

Last edited by Jaxon; 06-13-2011 at 09:10 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (06-13-2011), Mal (06-13-2011), Miburo (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #1048
Demi-God
BEST

Be mad that I got something that I had fun playing the demo of and from the looks of it will have fun playing as I go through it? Whu?

The game looks fine, nothing mind blowing about the graphics but good enough. The gameplay seemed absolutely fine, in fact better than quite a bit of mediocre recent shit. I never expected this game to win any game of the year awards, I expected it to be quite a bit of fun and it looks like it'll be just that.

Lo Wang is disappoint.

Edit: The only game I've been disappointed in that I've pre-ordered was Dragon Age 2, and not that it was a horrible game, I still got a good 35 hours of gaming out of it and will get more in the future, just that it wasn't as good as DAO.

Last edited by Demi-God; 06-13-2011 at 09:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 09:19 AM   #1049
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

FABLE FUCKING 3.caps
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (06-13-2011), Miburo (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #1050
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

If you think that's worth 30 quid, that's fine. It just means you forfeit the right to complain about value for money, ironically, forever. Also, it's telling developers and publishers it's alright to try and market substandard shit late, at full price, because hell, we'll just buy it anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (06-13-2011), Miburo (06-13-2011)